Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
...and hence why BiTurbo ownership will be a walk in the park!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My non car oriented cousin asked me what my dream car was and for the life of me I could not get her to understand why I chose the Biturbo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

My non car oriented cousin asked me what my dream car was and for the life of me I could not get her to understand why I chose the Biturbo

Nightmares are technically dreams.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Maserati-Spyder/232683806380?hash=item362d091eac:g:ClYAAOSwMGVacmTt&vxp=mtr

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 8, 2018

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ima find out if whole roasted almonds pass through like peanuts too

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The whole sticks of butter seem like a better idea than crunchy chips right after dental surgery. Those tostitos have to be painfully not worth it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rdb posted:

The whole sticks of butter seem like a better idea than crunchy chips right after dental surgery. Those tostitos have to be painfully not worth it.

Well, they treated me better than the salami I nearly choked on

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Can you spoon gazpacho soup into your maw?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I can stick all kinds of things in my mouth

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Memento posted:

Can you spoon gazpacho soup into your maw?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dental surgery is the absolute worst thing that isn't thoracic surgery to correct improper bone growth.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Oh I can stick all kinds of things in my mouth

As evidenced by having five guys in there earlier.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Now seems as good a time as any. Would you mind paying out all the eccentricities of the biturbo again? Something something valves that float or some weird head design.

It came up in a conversation with bar buddies the other day and I couldn't remember enough specific examples of why it's the superlative example of Italian malaise.

V: Right, it's starting to come back to me now. Weren't most carb'd turbo and supercharger designs draw though so the carb could have a fighting chance to get the A/F stoichiometry right?
VV: Wait, the carb was in a plenum? Could you even adjust it while the car was running, or did you need to disassemble it all, adjust, reassemble, and then fire it up? Because, holy poo poo.

glyph fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 8, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

glyph posted:

Now seems as good a time as any. Would you mind paying out all the eccentricities of the biturbo again? Something something valves that float or some weird head design.

It came up in a conversation with bar buddies the other day and I couldn't remember enough specific examples of why it's the superlative example of Italian malaise.

Well, the biggest issue was reliability with twin turbos (sans intercooler) feeding a blow-through carburetor (housed in a plenum). This is an archaic, finicky design that is asking for trouble (which they found). The '87+ changed to fuel injection and that took a lot of the reliability problems away, as far as the motor goes. But the reputation damage was done by that point.

And yeah, they have a weird 3-valve head.

And, from personal experience, I had an '87 that developed an exhaust leak at the manifold/head. In taking it off (a never-touched ~25k mile car), there were some cylinders with one gasket between the manifold and head, while some had two gaskets... :wtf:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 8, 2018

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

What were they thinking? Its not like turbo designs weren't pretty well figured out by the mid 80s

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Prescott Airport :3:

The terminal.

The gate in the next room.

Dawwww

And yet somehow I was still swabbed for explosives residue hahaha

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

glyph posted:

Meatpimp forgot to say the carb had a manual choke. And not just any wierd 3 valve setup...

A giant hollow off center bucket tappet.

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri134.htm

Oh, and about the starter,

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Meatpimp forgot to say the carb had a manual choke. And not just any wierd 3 valve setup...

A giant hollow off center bucket tappet.

I'd forgotten the specifics, but that's the image I remember! *insert derogatory culturally insensitive generalist statement here*.

E: That's a GOOD link.

glyph fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 8, 2018

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

quote:

Not many owners realised that these early models had no rev-limiter and contained a 'black box' that indicated when the driver had exceeded the recommended rev limits. If owners were found to have exceeded these limits their warranty was invalidated!

Holy poo poo!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Prescott Airport :3:

The terminal.

The gate in the next room.

Dawwww

I love tiny airports. :allears:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think Italians are the one “race” you can still poo poo on, I mean it is pretty u I ersally accepted that they are lazy thieves

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

In the future holographic big titty anime dickgirls will poop boners onto your teeth

NAKED BIG TITTY BITCHES DON'T JUST FALL OUT OF THE SKY

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

epic bird guy posted:

Holy poo poo!

That's loving evil, oh my god.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I would make a Sandpiper Airlines reference, but I'm not sure anyone would get it.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

I’ve met you and I’d still probably have you checked for explosives. Just in case.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WHAT THE gently caress UP, LOS SANTOS

TREVOR loving PHILLIPS HAS ARRIVED

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Dagen H posted:

I would make a Sandpiper Airlines reference, but I'm not sure anyone would get it.

Wow... that's a wayback machine.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ausgezeichnet posted:

I’ve met you and I’d still probably have you checked for explosives. Just in case.

Oh come on, I hardly fit the profile of a domestic terrorist

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dagen H posted:

Wings was great :)

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Oh come on, I hardly fit the profile of a domestic terrorist

No no no, it's an explosive collar around your dick that blows up if you try to escape

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Mohican Airways until the day I die

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

WHAT THE gently caress UP, LOS SANTOS

TREVOR loving PHILLIPS HAS ARRIVED

Come on out to Trevor Phillips house, it’s just down the block from me!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I keep smelling poop and im actually starting to think it could be that tooth hole that punched into my sinuses as ive done the pits and clothes check

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maybe it's your upper lip?

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

the timing belt that should be replaced every 25,000 miles or every two years!!!

Does the short service interval and it being in the open mean that changing the timing belt is a simple task? :downs:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So here's the candy bowl that was set out awaiting my arrival.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Your dad just can't help himself, can he?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

loving lol.

Although, you can eat those without teeth. It's just very difficult.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Parents live for the day when they get to pay all the poo poo you did to them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently my mom and my brother both also bought focus st's, so everybody in the family has an ST and I'm getting teeth

• Locked thread