Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think SOM is the most asked about, so it's probably that. Or maybe DQ/DQM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Vol has a very good TMR for squishy mages at least.

I think part of her downfall is she's a really awkward hybrid and her gear totally sucks.

They really need to give her some special gear and then she might be more useful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

VoL post enhancements is a strong chainer and finisher and yeah her gear limitations are stifling but the biggest problem with her 7* is that she didn't get any improvements to her older abilities and all she got was a big gently caress off finisher on a 6 turn cool down.

They just released a %attack materia for guns in JP that isn't attached to an stmr and we are getting more magic and attack combined killers so the hybrid tax isnt as bad

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

When is the alleged arena summon improvement happening? I just realized I'm up to 351 tickets unused and I don't even bother getting the arena awards until I can clear the whole board at once now

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

WebDO posted:

When is the alleged arena summon improvement happening? I just realized I'm up to 351 tickets unused and I don't even bother getting the arena awards until I can clear the whole board at once now

Who knows. I'm up to 291 tickets and have 14700 medals I'm saving up for when they redo everything. Are they also going to redo the medal boards?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know people started hoarding them way before me, and I still have 640 Arena Tix and 30k medals

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Office Thug posted:

Who knows. I'm up to 291 tickets and have 14700 medals I'm saving up for when they redo everything. Are they also going to redo the medal boards?

I think the arena changes are just an improvement to the rewards you get based on standing each week and the removal of some of the crap items from the ticket summon pool. Nothing is added for the tickets, you just will have a better chance to not get absolute crap.

edit: I guess they do improve the boards as well.

edit2: Apparently there have been two Arena updates in JP, and the more recent increased the board prizes.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 7, 2018

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

PaybackJack posted:

edit2: Apparently there have been two Arena updates in JP, and the more recent increased the board prizes.

Insert standard "why do they even wait to bring QoL improvements to GL" complaint.

(And standard "GL is a different game!" snark.)

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I think the arena changes are just an improvement to the rewards you get based on standing each week and the removal of some of the crap items from the ticket summon pool. Nothing is added for the tickets, you just will have a better chance to not get absolute crap.

I mean, the only thing Arena summons gets me right now is small pots, which I do need more of always, but not absolutely so. I can wait until 7*s or whatever when Gumi finally remembers this game has an Arena and they should update the loving boards/summons.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
It's cheesy, but using Garnet (EVO Mag+ and Esper battery), I. Nichol (cover tank redirect to ...), 100% Dodge Soleil (for buffs and breaks), Ilias (for infinite MP), 2B and friend 2B (for DPS) to kill Aranea sure is a lot of fun. I don't know how you're supposed to get her without some sort of dodge cheese; she has a hell of a lot of DEF and SPR.

Now to figure out how to kill Leviathan 2*...

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

werdnam posted:

It's cheesy, but using Garnet (EVO Mag+ and Esper battery), I. Nichol (cover tank redirect to ...), 100% Dodge Soleil (for buffs and breaks), Ilias (for infinite MP), 2B and friend 2B (for DPS) to kill Aranea sure is a lot of fun. I don't know how you're supposed to get her without some sort of dodge cheese; she has a hell of a lot of DEF and SPR.

Now to figure out how to kill Leviathan 2*...

Take a tank that resists ice and water, your damage-dealing chainers and then spend the 100 lapis for a continue when you inevitably wipe.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mystea/Chow/Basch (100% water/ice resist)
DPS/breakers (Orlandeau + friend in my case)
Dodge/provoke tank (Noctis)
Rikku
Healer (Tilith)

Worked for me (no wipes, did it twice because I forgot to cast spells the first time)

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

If you want to wait until tomorrow and have the stuff for a 100% evade Noctis anyways, enhanced Noctis will get both a 2-turn Provoke and a pretty strong 50% fullbreak on Warp Strike. Unlike most/all Trial Bosses, Leviathan doesn't have any unavoidable ST nuke "Physical attack that deal Magic damage".

With that you can just double-down your focus on making a super strong Ice/Water magic cover tank. If you can, get Water resists above 100% since Leviathan can imperil your party for -100% resists.

Or, just use Tidus, who'll turn into a monster starting tomorrow. he comes with a 100% water resist party buff with MP refresh attached. Stack that on a 100% innate water resist magic tank and you're golden.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 7, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
We’re getting a little closer. We’re finally getting (an) upgrade to the fp summon - you can get cactuars and gil turtles now. So maybe they’ll do the arena gacha soon.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ugato posted:

We’re getting a little closer. We’re finally getting (an) upgrade to the fp summon - you can get cactuars and gil turtles now. So maybe they’ll do the arena gacha soon.

It's permanent this time? I thought it was just another temporary promotion.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Are we going from a raid, straight into another raid?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

It's permanent this time? I thought it was just another temporary promotion.

The cactuars and turtles from the FP summon is just for two weeks but the upgrade to allow turtle families and the minitaur kings is probably permanent

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

Are we going from a raid, straight into another raid?

Nah. We went from a raid into a King Mog into a raid. And we'll probably go into a King Mog into a Raid into a King Mog into a Raid into a....

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I meant from punching the machine to Tomb Raider.

It shows raid orbs in one of the promo photos.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yup, four weeks of raid orb consumption.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They are upping the rank level, increasing unit caps, increasing equipment caps, giving new players up to rank 15 where story quests don't consume energy as well as half energy for story quests. The tomb raider event is going to have a 10+1 on top of other ex tickets + all the 30m tickets we'll be getting soon.

Only thing I'm mad at Is that the new Aileen is focused around finishing and gently caress that without cheaper access to TDH gear

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are upping the rank level, increasing unit caps, increasing equipment caps, giving new players up to rank 15 where story quests don't consume energy as well as half energy for story quests. The tomb raider event is going to have a 10+1 on top of other ex tickets + all the 30m tickets we'll be getting soon.

Only thing I'm mad at Is that the new Aileen is focused around finishing and gently caress that without cheaper access to TDH gear

Isn't she already a finisher? I don't have one so don't know how to use her, the same way I don't know how to use any other unit I don't have.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her strongest form is setting her up as finisher but shes pretty agnostic in the way you build her. 7* gives her TDH passives as well as DW with equip attack built in. Explorer versions seems to just get TDH passives

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
The current FFIX mog store has a cheap doublehand materia which is always welcome, even though we can't stack them (not that it matters as much at this point).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup, four weeks of raid orb consumption.

I know a lot of people don't like the the raids because they require you to spend a lot of time, in very specific, intervals, to get all the rewards, but I love them. They're one of the few things this game does that keeps me engaged other than for just logging in to get the daily rewards. I think people would be generally happier if they doubled the amount of orbs you could stock so there was less pressure on people who work 8 hours to try and make time during a busy day to log in and exhaust your stock.

I'm actually super into this raid too. Lara seems like a solid unit to go on the farming team in place of a Xon, who might be able to output some decent damage with her innate DW.

Less sold on the other units but the Aileen is interesting in that she's another TDH TMR with some nice additional effects so I wouldn't cry if i pulled her.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Divine Soleil's accessory will be the loving cancer in arena, with every Ayaka you run into getting a free reraise.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Infected posted:

Divine Soleil's accessory will be the loving cancer in arena, with every Ayaka you run into getting a free reraise.

It says it has to be cast in battle so I'm reading that as it just basically grants 'reraise' as an ability in battle.

An accessory that had auto-raise on it would be pretty good but still not ridiculous in Arena. There's certainly some bosses that would be amazing against.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m going to be burned out on raids for a bit after 4 weeks straight but in general I do enjoy seeing them when they come up. Good rewards for actually playing the game and all.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

I’m going to be burned out on raids for a bit after 4 weeks straight but in general I do enjoy seeing them when they come up. Good rewards for actually playing the game and all.

i just wish the boss changed things up or did something when it leveled. I just set a macro at this point because its the same exact fight every time.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tengames posted:

i just wish the boss changed things up or did something when it leveled. I just set a macro at this point because its the same exact fight every time.

I rarely play the game on my phone but for raids I only do the raid battle on my phone so it keeps the repeat data. Everything else I switch to my iPad or Nox for.

Speaking of running things, a guy posted a setup for Olive to run KM LGD for the current event with any bonus units. The long and short of it is that you skip to the boss, hide with someone using the camo cloth accessory from a few events back and then use enhanced shattering shot to break DEF and reduce Lightning resist then let her die to the mortar.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait is this like FF12 where all the enemies before Beatrix only drop 1 ticket? Have I been doing this the hard way assuming they aren't stupid and "fixed" that instead of just escaping from every fight?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Wait is this like FF12 where all the enemies before Beatrix only drop 1 ticket? Have I been doing this the hard way assuming they aren't stupid and "fixed" that instead of just escaping from every fight?

The LGD enemies apparently drop more but if you're running LGD you're really just banking on the higher count of bonus enemies to make LGD an actual positive ratio of NRG to currency over ELT. I mean if you can kill the enemies and don't mind sending the time to do it, there is a point but I think someone said it's like 8 currency an enemy so I'd rather just skip to the end and hope for bonus enemies along the way and not have my run take a long time or have to worry about mp.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

HGH posted:

For this FF9 event the trash mobs drop 7-8 currency. The team I run has 350% in bonus units and I ran FF12 LGD around 75 times, so for my case killing the trash mobs would be worth more than 13k currency by the end of the event.

Killing the trash mobs is worth it if it doesn't change the number of bonus units you use and you don't mind the time spent. If you have to swap out any bonus unit to safely kill the trash mobs then it is better to escape them. Time-wise I tend to get bored towards the end of the event and just start skipping them to get it done faster.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Oh cool, extended maintenance.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

Oh cool, extended maintenance.

It's fine if you have Nox or something to log on a not-apple product.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

That would be the case had I not shut off my PC before I left the house.

Typically I never do it, but today I felt like it needed some rest.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Wondering if it's the same kind of crap happening with FE Heroes and Alchemist Code... (Requires an update, but said updates are not showing up in the Appstore)

EDIT:Yup, the same.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 8, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I have seen rumblings that FEH is, from reddit posts/comments

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Welp, Explorer Aileen comes with a ST three turn 50% ATK/MAG break. That alone makes her a must-pull for me.

I can forgive all of her flaws (and oh man does she have flaws) as a DW or TDH chainer/counter unit just because she comes with that. Right now I literally bring WoL or VotD to 10-man trials just for their ATK/MAG breaks, it's so ridiculously important.

Edit: Oh yeah I should enhance Tidus. Looks like I'll be grinding the Chamber of Gems for a while :negative:

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The :tinfoil: theories on Reddit are that this is because Gumi has not released their gacha rates for each item in their game (and their other games?) and therefore Apple is not allowing their update to go through.

• Locked thread