Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

drunken officeparty posted:

Lmabo if you think reporting actually does anything at all

Well it at least makes me feel like I'm not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Groovelord Neato posted:

i honestly don't feel bad if people get wrecked by hackers if they're playing tpp.

They deserve it imo

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lmabo if you think reporting actually does anything at all

It literally did nothing for a while, but apparently top players are getting autobanned due to report # crossing some threshold so it seems to be doing something now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
As someone who has run someone on land over with a boat without hacks I am very upset that hackers are stealing my greatest pubg achievement from me

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

What's this 1.6gb update that's downloading for me on Steam right now?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

It took 86 pages, but finally, someone I agree with.

I don't really understand why people care about points in this game either. As far as boxes go the stuff in this game is pretty anemic from a dress-up perspective, and you're very limited when it comes down to farming from a financial perspective. Just queue for the mode you want to play and forget about points.

I'm not convinced there is any different "levels" of loot pile. Like anything could be anywhere.

In the first seasons there were some houses in Erangel with ridiculously good loot, enough to get you m4/scar-ls + usually at least one Level 3 helm or vest, frequently both, in just 4 houses. This has been severely tuned down since but there are definitely still levels of loot.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I mostly like the desert map but there are times I just feel like playing one map over the other and being able to pick needs to get added in. The biggest issue I have with the desert map is that it feels like the plane's path almost always goes straight over the middle and it gets really repetitive feeling, the circle also tends to be in the same few general areas near the middle of the map too. There are big chunks of area that I basically never see or get a chance to do anything in because the circle algorithm is so boring.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm new to the game but I've only been playing (and thus dropping) with experienced players, and I don't get these loot concerns. Literally every time we drop we get adequate gear within a minute or two (which I'd describe as at least one assault rifle and at least lv1 of everything, and then we spend the time between the early game and the mid game gaining sniper rifles, or mods, or lv2/3 gear, and stockpiling med and stim. Sometimes we drop in hot zones and die to early gunfights, but we've never landed in some lootless waste land where we end up running to the second or third zone with, like, pistols and a prayer.

I mean, you either drop somewhere good without people and loot in peace, or you drop somewhere with good loot but a lot of players and maybe die. Am I misunderstanding what constitutes good loot, or are people dropping in random 4 building compounds off of single lane dirt track roads and being surprised they couldn't find a full assortment of gear? Or at you guys dropping in, say, the multi story apartment buildings of Pecado and not getting what you need?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm new to the game but I've only been playing (and thus dropping) with experienced players, and I don't get these loot concerns. Literally every time we drop we get adequate gear within a minute or two (which I'd describe as at least one assault rifle and at least lv1 of everything, and then we spend the time between the early game and the mid game gaining sniper rifles, or mods, or lv2/3 gear, and stockpiling med and stim. Sometimes we drop in hot zones and die to early gunfights, but we've never landed in some lootless waste land where we end up running to the second or third zone with, like, pistols and a prayer.

I mean, you either drop somewhere good without people and loot in peace, or you drop somewhere with good loot but a lot of players and maybe die. Am I misunderstanding what constitutes good loot, or are people dropping in random 4 building compounds off of single lane dirt track roads and being surprised they couldn't find a full assortment of gear? Or at you guys dropping in, say, the multi story apartment buildings of Pecado and not getting what you need?

Generally speaking good loot to me is a 5.56 auto AR, Full level 2+ gear and 2/2/2 for 1st Aid / Pills / Energy Drink and at least 1 4x+ level scope.

But having to leave a location with level 1 of something, an SMG and a shotgun feels bad.

Honestly though people, learn the best loot buildings in each map. I went from being someone who could never find a gun to start almost always getting pretty decent gear just by learning best buildings.

(Like learn what the Level 3 buildings look like on the Map on Miramar, along with the Hockey Arena looking buildings. Also learn where the duplexs are in cities etc.)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
anyone getting an error that says battle eye query time out and then connection failed when trying to reconnect

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think the problem is that structuring the game so that people have to land in specific spots for good loot, thereby making it more likely that rounds end almost immediately for most players in the same areas, kind of makes the whole 100-player large map concept superfluous.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I am consistently surprised by how few people loot my FLORAL SHIRT (WHITE)

poo poo's dope. People need to wisen the gently caress up. They're running around in black trench coats and the like. It's even earth tone. When you go prone to hide, what are you laying against? Earth!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My reign of terror has ended after being reported by babies :(

edit: it looks like a lot of ppl are bitching on reddit that after the maintenance they are getting banned so hopefully its just a bug and i don't get blue balls.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 8, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jerkface posted:

Hah, and they say reporting does nothing.

e: uh, at least until....an hour from now if they're using pacific time?

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

suuma posted:

quote:

delete the miramar map files and you just get insta booted to lobby when you’re placed in a miramar game
I thought they changed something to prevent this
The only thing that prevents you from doing it is the patches that put the files back... Which I found out tonight when I hit the lobby of a game and thought "were the gently caress am I? Wait this looks lik.... OH NO!" then I alt F4'ed and deleted that poo poo and now game is fixed again.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

OxySnake posted:

Also learn where the duplexs are in cities etc.

quote:

duplex /ˈdjuːplɛks/
noun: duplex; plural noun: duplexes

1. North American -- a residential building divided into two apartments.

Please help me with this one, I see so many types of residential buildings, I'll need a picture. Is the loot particularly good there?
I'm looking at the Wikipedia page and I didn't see anything reminiscent of this building on Miramar.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jerkface posted:

edit: it looks like a lot of ppl are bitching on reddit that after the maintenance they are getting banned so hopefully its just a bug and i don't get blue balls.

Yeah there is something fucky going on with people being banned. Pubg twitter said they were aware of it a few hours ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcvey posted:

They deserve it imo

bingo.

Bleck posted:

I think the problem is that structuring the game so that people have to land in specific spots for good loot, thereby making it more likely that rounds end almost immediately for most players in the same areas, kind of makes the whole 100-player large map concept superfluous.

it's analogous to poker. you can be the best poker player in the word but if you get dealt off suited non-sequential numbered cards and don't get a lucky flop you're absolutely hosed. (i'm do agree with you tho.)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 8, 2018

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Someone please convince Bluehole to make this:
https://www.pubgwintermap.com/nordheim

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Please help me with this one, I see so many types of residential buildings, I'll need a picture. Is the loot particularly good there?
I'm looking at the Wikipedia page and I didn't see anything reminiscent of this building on Miramar.

the buildings here

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

That's Erangel dude.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

That's Erangel dude.

oh right i missed that part

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
New high definition textures for erangel lookin good!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I like how those have windows that let you see the inside of the neighbouring house.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
It was super fun when you could crouch jump up onto the roof then jump down onto the balcony of the other unit and shotgun the unsuspecting nerd in his face. Similarly, shooting some dude scoped in on the staircase from the next unit over was so oddly satisfying.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It was super fun when you could crouch jump up onto the roof then jump down onto the balcony of the other unit and shotgun the unsuspecting nerd in his face. Similarly, shooting some dude scoped in on the staircase from the next unit over was so oddly satisfying.

you still can, atleast on the pochinki buildings with the same balcony

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Those are the South Georgopol Duplexes (we call it the South Georgo 6 Pack). They're desirable as a starting point because there's 20 potential loot spawns much closer together than most other buildings are arranged, and there's 3 pairs of them. On the north side of the apartments (the big orange rectangles), there are 2 more groups of 3 duplexes each (we call these west/east 3 packs)

From https://pubgg.com/maps

The color here is derived from number of loot spots / how long it takes to hit them all, red is good and green is bad

If you're looking for an easy edge, land on the ground to the south-east outside of the duplex you want so that you can jump and look through the east-most window on the south face (the lower right corner of each on the map) of each house before getting to the door. This room only has 1 spawn and is a dead end, but is also closest to the south door. It's only a few seconds of time, but we're talking about a house that ideally only takes 25 seconds to completely loot anyways. If you're alone you can repeat this for the next 5 to build up time savings and gain a potential loot edge over virtually anyone else around. If you know apartments are clear it's best to run right past them and hit the 3 packs instead.

E: It's best to start on the east side of each pair, the way the house is laid out, the last two spawns you check are the 2nd story southeast corner and the south balcony. Jumping out of the south balcony on the east duplex sets you up to jump-check the window on your way to the next door to the west.

It's not a good idea to land at the 3 packs unless the plane starts in the northwest (upper left) corner of the map, otherwise you're flying/parachuting further to a spot that only really has 3 directions to travel in.

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 8, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/971747484375625729

I'm freeeee! I also got hit with a B&, after playing 11 of my worst games ever (legit 0.4kd 70 ADR, but still top 10s/1 dinner) from the hitching caused by the update from the day before

Have gone back to playing on low everything / ultra textures and distance. Setting effects to Medium/High/Ultra seems to be amplifying the dropped frames/pause/stutter/hitching from flashbangs/weapon flashes again

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

i have good news for you regarding red dead redemption 2

i'd like to play it in the game i actually already own instead of buying a whole separate $60 game

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey, guys, I know that bitching about a game is just like part of being in that game's fan circle. I've bitched a lot about my favorite games. But I'm also kind of new to multiplayer gaming so maybe this has a certain degree more anger associated with it, but...it really, really, really seems like the desert map didn't just hurt your experience, but it entirely ruined it. Since I've only been playing about a month, I never got to experience the game when it was good, back when there was only one map and apparently there was also fog and rain which sounds cool but I guess a lot of people hated those, too.

I don't know what this is because Tumbler says it's in safe mode and I can't figure out how to not make it be in safe mode :(

On a quasi-related note, is TPP very popular? The only time I see TPP even mentioned is when people talk about how much they hate it, how stupid the people are who like it, but every video I see is in TPP along with durrr durr durr microphone audio. I find TPP unappealing to look at and awful to play and voice chat is...

Hey, on that note, those of you who don't use voice chat, do you ever play with it on? The last time I played a multiplayer shooter it was Counter Strike in 2005-ish, and I recall the voice chat being just a nonstop mudslide of "friend of the family" and "human being." So on my very, very, very first game in PB, I accidentally have voice chat on, and it is exactly the same. My speaker is just screaming "friend of the family" at me (well, not at me, but you know) by thirteen different voices.

It's not that I'm really offended by hate speech, it just...I don't know why I want to play with any of these people. Even if the goal is to hunt them down and kill them, it's just...with voice chat on, I realize how awful, and stupid, and young the people I'm playing with are, and it makes the game unplayable for me.

Edit: New question: Could I make my own map and host my own server?

Edit 2 for no reason: Oh snap, PB does not like it when I try and run it while also running Twine.

credburn fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 8, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I don't mind the desert map, it's just new and needs tuning. More vehicle spawns and a better loot table would pretty much immediately salvage it.

Also, yeah, voice chat is loving staggeringly awful in this game. I pretty much only use it outside of duo/squad to micspam meme music. (On a related note, props to the guy who was blasting Take On Me last night, that was a good experience)

Regarding your edit1: I know you can set up a custom server, I'm less sure about custom maps. You should be able to make one, in theory, in the UE4 editor, but I'm not sure if the PUBG assets are open for use, so you might have to roll your own and I'm not sure how plugging it into the game would work.

Regarding edit2: PUBG is CPU and RAM hungry as gently caress and isn't gonna play nice with most other apps open, I have an i5-4690k and have to close everything to get good framerates pretty much.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 8, 2018

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

credburn posted:

Hey, on that note, those of you who don't use voice chat, do you ever play with it on? The last time I played a multiplayer shooter it was Counter Strike in 2005-ish, and I recall the voice chat being just a nonstop mudslide of "friend of the family" and "human being." So on my very, very, very first game in PB, I accidentally have voice chat on, and it is exactly the same. My speaker is just screaming "friend of the family" at me (well, not at me, but you know) by thirteen different voices.

In one way, PUBG has it better than in CS:GO because in competitive CS you have to try to cooperate with the N-word-shouting kids to win games. Here you can just ignore/mute.
On the other hand, in CS:GO, you know who says what and there is a report button. You can report people for harassment, though I'm not sure if anyone ever got banned for abusive voice chat. But more importantly, a sensible team can vote-kick the retards and they eventually learn not to do that. In higher ranks (like above silver IV) it's a nonexistent issue. Even the pre-teens learn manners the hard way.

In PUBG you have no idea who the retard is and you can't even punish them by murdering them in-game. The "community" can not self-police because there is no community when everyone is anonymous.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Those are the South Georgopol Duplexes (we call it the South Georgo 6 Pack).

Thanks for the looting advice! This is what I love this thread for.

Does anyone know what duplexes on Miramar OxySnake was talking about?
I generally find the high rises to be good loot spots but if "duplexes" are better, I want to start using them, too!

Rectus posted:

Someone please convince Bluehole to make this:
https://www.pubgwintermap.com/nordheim

Ehm ... About those umlauts ... In the scandinavian languages that would be pronounced "nerdheym" and mean "home of the nerds". I'm sure they guy is aware of it because the page is riddled with Swedish in-jokes.

That ice hotel would have melted during the summer. Assuming the premise is the same as the other maps - abandoned area - this wouldn't work unless they put it in the Arctic proper (which precludes villages, trains etc).

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 8, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, I thought the ice hotel was a little too much. Otherwise it looks pretty good, though.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

In higher ranks (like above silver IV) it's a nonexistent issue. Even the pre-teens learn manners the hard way.

I believe you are underestimating the reach of the CS:GO toxicity by quite a bit.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 8, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea, the matchmaking can be toxic as hell at all levels of rank for cs:go.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
bluehole let your players make custom maps for private servers so we can have all the cool poo poo thank you. honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next CS is a king of the hill game that lets us do that

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

underage at the vape shop posted:

you still can, atleast on the pochinki buildings with the same balcony

Pochinki only has one of those buildings and you can’t get on top of it anymore.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DennysDiner/status/971500333724823555

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

2018 PUBG Roadmap