Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buy a Switch where I don't have that problem at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Buy a Switch where I don't have that problem at all!

When the Switch gets Valkyrie Drive :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My game cartridge slot stopped working a long time ago. Can insert a game, and the vita doesn't recognize it. Having replaced the battery recently, is there any way to fix the issue on my own? I'm looking to buy some vita cartridges on the cheap, but I'd rather...yknow....be able to actually use them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shinjobi posted:

is there any way to fix the issue on my own?

Presumably you'd have to get a hold of another cart reader part and do some very tricky soldering/desoldering, so probably not.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

There's a Square/Enix sale on right now if you wanted say, Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics for $5 or Front Mission 3 for $3.

Other good games are on sale too, but that's just what I remember off top of my head.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So it seems Omega Labyrinth Z has been banned on UK, or at least that is what some retailers have said.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So it seems Omega Labyrinth Z has been banned on UK, or at least that is what some retailers have said.

Is there more info on this beyond an email from ShopTo? PS4 version is still up and available.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Is there more info on this beyond an email from ShopTo? PS4 version is still up and available.

Only hearsay and this cryptic tweet from the game's lead translator

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/971033468405764102

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

and nothing of value was lost

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I recommend Front Mission 3. While I enjoyed it a lot when I was younger, apparently more 'discerning' Front Mission fans dislike it because it is easier/not as complex. That being said, its smaller battle sizes (you only control up to four units) and relative lack of complexity (probably the most arcane feature is gaining battle skills) actually make it an extremely good mobile SRPG. If the Vita weren't a dead console, an FM3 remake for the Vita would actually be pretty rad as they could modernize some of its systems and eliminate all of the slowdown (seriously, have one of your wanzers proc ROFUP3 while using a shotgun with 100% accuracy - the emulator/PS1 will scream trying to render all 24 hits at once).

That being said, they should never change its internal internet system, glorious beast of 90s design that it is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

and nothing of value was lost

Yeah I can import easily anyway

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

I recommend Front Mission 3. While I enjoyed it a lot when I was younger, apparently more 'discerning' Front Mission fans dislike it because it is easier/not as complex. That being said, its smaller battle sizes (you only control up to four units) and relative lack of complexity (probably the most arcane feature is gaining battle skills) actually make it an extremely good mobile SRPG. If the Vita weren't a dead console, an FM3 remake for the Vita would actually be pretty rad as they could modernize some of its systems and eliminate all of the slowdown (seriously, have one of your wanzers proc ROFUP3 while using a shotgun with 100% accuracy - the emulator/PS1 will scream trying to render all 24 hits at once).

That being said, they should never change its internal internet system, glorious beast of 90s design that it is.

FM 3 is amazing, even if I can't play it anymore without trying to be optimal with all my Wanzers. I still mash L and R buttons to help my skills activate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Parasite Eve is a pro-rear end fuckin' buy for $3 or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Parasite Eve is a pro-rear end fuckin' buy for $3 or whatever.

Seconded.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
A lot of retro youtubers have said Vita is the new Dreamcast/Saturn. Is it true? I had a launch vita, but sold it due to lack of games in 2013.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

gently caress no

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It has a lot of neat 'hidden' (less so in the internet age) games and it was deep-sixed pretty early, but not to the extent of either the Saturn or DC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just swap Capcom fighting games for anime boob dungeon crawlers and sure.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't even know what "the new Saturn/Dreamcast" is supposed to mean, or why you'd care what someone on YouTube says. Or why you'd care what anyone in here says either. In fact, don't even read this post.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

irlZaphod posted:

I don't even know what "the new Saturn/Dreamcast" is supposed to mean, or why you'd care what someone on YouTube says. Or why you'd care what anyone in here says either. In fact, don't even read this post.

a hip console with a lot of hidden gems that has become a collector favorite. Besides, all the youtubers i follow have just been gushing over how the Vita is great and how it's got some great games.

I don't actually care about anyone's opinion, there are a lot of anime tiddies on the vita and that's all that matters :smugbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The vita is both as good and as bad as any other video game system.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't understand why I can't use the USB cable to connect my 1000 series Vita with my PC. I always get "It couldn't connect" errors. Only the Wifi works and that one randomly disconnects.

Is pretty irritating.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Did you install content manager (not from the vita but from the internet) + the driver + approve it as a hardware device depending on your OS?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Did you install content manager (not from the vita but from the internet) + the driver + approve it as a hardware device depending on your OS?

Let's see, I have Win 10 and I did install CMA from Sony's site...aaaand that's everything what I did.

I needed to do something else?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cable is probably dying too, one of my cheapo replacements does the same thing so it's a charging only cable and any time I have to use USB to transfer something I have an OEM replacement to use instead.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't understand why I can't use the USB cable to connect my 1000 series Vita with my PC. I always get "It couldn't connect" errors. Only the Wifi works and that one randomly disconnects.

Is pretty irritating.

I had this problem a couple of years ago and the solution was to change the type of device Windows was trying to map the Vita as:

Lemon-Lime posted:

Since I literally couldn't find a single forum or blog post about this, for future reference:

If you connect your Vita to a PC with Content Manager open, Windows doesn't actually recognise it as a device you can actually browse like an external drive, and attempting to connect via USB results in the Vita disconnecting and immediately reconnecting right as you initiate the connection, preventing it from ever working, you can fix it by doing the following:

1) open Device Manager and check that the Vita is listed as an unrecognised Portable Device. If it isn't (and e.g. is recognised just as a USB Device), right-click > remove, be sure to check the option to uninstall drivers, disconnect the Vita and restart it, then plug it back in. Repeat this process until Device Manager lists it in the right category (Portable Devices, again).

2) right-click the unrecognised Portable Device, select Update Driver, then select "browse my computer for drivers."

3) pick "choose from a list of device drivers."

4) pick Portable Device from the list.

5) you'll have two options: MTP device, and MTP USB device. Pick MTP USB device.

For some reason, all three Windows 10 machines I've tried today tried to install the first option, which fails, leaving the Vita unrecognised as a portable device for the media transfer protocol to work with, which breaks the ability to connect to a PC via USB.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 9, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cable is probably dying too, one of my cheapo replacements does the same thing so it's a charging only cable and any time I have to use USB to transfer something I have an OEM replacement to use instead.

Cable seems fine to me.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I had this problem a couple of years ago and the solution was to change the type of device Windows was trying to map the Vita as:

I tried doing this but the system always recognize it as a Playstation Vita.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, I tried connecting my Vita with the USB cable at my work computer with Win 8 and it connected with zero issues.

:psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now I'm just being hosed with. After trying L-L guide I finally could connect my Vita to my PC and start doing a backup. And just when I was close to finish, loving windows updates reboot my system and with that, the connection issues returned.

:suicide:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ok, I tried connecting my Vita with the USB cable at my work computer with Win 8 and it connected with zero issues.

:psyduck:

If your cable has a loose connection that wouldn't be surprising. The real test is another cable. And really, you want a second one available for when the first one bites the bullet anyhow.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is not the cable, is just some bullshit with the way Win 10 handles drivers.

I do need another cable tho.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I dunno, man. It works fine on both of my Windows 10 PCs.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
With the SE sale going on, I picked up few games I'll never get around to actually playing on my PSTV.

-Parasite Eve (I only got PE2 last sale and realized I wanted to replay this first)
-Front Mission 3
-FFT: War of the Lions (Triple dip. PSX, PSP, now digital on Vita)
-Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
-The 3rd Birthday ($5 tax to find out how lovely it is)

Also learned that the Henkaku PSN spoof lets you log in and submit trophies, but not download games anymore. For like 5 months now... :cripes:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Small reminder, Open CMA (not OpenCMA) allows CMA to work entirely without internet connection, which can smooth out some problems, and makes backing up vita games to hdd a nice alternative, since it also works if the store is being fucky: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Andrigaar posted:

With the SE sale going on, I picked up few games I'll never get around to actually playing on my PSTV.

-Parasite Eve (I only got PE2 last sale and realized I wanted to replay this first)
-Front Mission 3
-FFT: War of the Lions (Triple dip. PSX, PSP, now digital on Vita)
-Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
-The 3rd Birthday ($5 tax to find out how lovely it is)

Also learned that the Henkaku PSN spoof lets you log in and submit trophies, but not download games anymore. For like 5 months now... :cripes:

There's a plug-in to get round it which is kind of lovely and hit-and-miss, but also an update coming very shortly to let you install 3.65 without losing Henkaku/Enso, providing you're coming from 3.60 with it already installed.

The early testers have reported this restores PSN access fully too so sit tight and it'll be solved soon I guess!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also you can just :filez: the games since you already own them

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365

Firmware 3.65 update for hacked 3.60 consoles now available.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

You read that right, Omega Labyrinth Z has been banned in the UK — or at least, has been refused classification in the UK, as the VSC have refused classification. With the type of content in the game, it’s not surprising it’s already been refused German classification with USK. But reacting like this doesn’t happen all that often at all in the UK.

When asked, PQube confirmed that this was the case: “we can confirm that Omega Labyrinth Z has been refused classification in the UK. While we are disappointed in the decision we of course respect the laws of any territory that we operate in.”

Rumours of the ban began to circulate after retailers listing the UK version began to take them down. But now we can officially confirm this is the case.

Without a rating, it cannot be sold in the UK either physically or digitally via PSN. The VSC covers the UK and Ireland specifically. PEGI covers most of Europe and rated it an 18, but without VSC, nothing can be done for it in the UK.

How will that affect our upcoming listings for Omega Labyrinth Z? We will still be able to stock the US version for US customers, and a European version for European customers — but we will not be able to sell to the UK. It’s a bit of a weird situation!

Omega Labyrinth Z is due to released wherever it can be released in Spring 2018! It’ll be coming to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/uh-oh-omega-labyrinth-z-refused-classification-in-the-uk-confirmed-by-pqube/

I had no idea there was a separate rating board for UK.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
BREXIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What is it this creepy vita game does differently from all the other creepy vita games that were totally ok to sell in the UK