Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand, the Prison Break dude's accent for Captain Cold is loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y7lSyuKKq8&t=77s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

On the other hand, the Prison Break dude's accent for Captain Cold is loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y7lSyuKKq8&t=77s

I don't know what's funnier. The "Neon-suspenders and a whistle 'IT'S loving HOT OUT HERE GUYS' " voice or that this fucker's name is Snart.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hodgepodge posted:

Here to point out that the Conquistadors largely succeeded because they rallied other local polities composed of the many people who hated the Aztec Triple Alliance.

As in the rest of North America, the Spanish actually had local allies who they eventually screwed over.

themoreyouknow.gif

True but I can see a good story to be made from Malitzin/Malinche.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Gonna point out that the Spanish allied with Aztecs to conquer other Aztecs. The Triple Alliance were just Mexica-Alcolhua-Tepeneca Aztecs and the Spanish fought then allied with Tlaxcalla, one of many great Aztec civilizations in the area.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 8, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think I know what newspapers all those "Snyder is a fascist objectivist" people read.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

Here to point out that the Conquistadors largely succeeded because they rallied other local polities composed of the many people who hated the Aztec Triple Alliance.

As in the rest of North America, the Spanish actually had local allies who they eventually screwed over.

themoreyouknow.gif

I'm sensing an eerie parallel.

The MSJ posted:

I think I know what newspapers all those "Snyder is a fascist objectivist" people read.

That's a bullshit modernist revisionist take that could only be thought up by someone who'd done something crazy like read the book. Or watched any of the movies.

The monster is a tragic figure. The book is not subtle about this, neither are most of the films.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dang white people ruining the shot.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

God drat that piece of Evans' not doing him any favors there

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

God drat that piece of Evans' not doing him any favors there

Getting dangerously close to my-hair-is-a-bird territory here.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

my hair is a bald eagle

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chris Evans can't become Ewan MacGregor no matter how hard he tries

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Captain America is shamefully constrained, Black Panther stands proud and free

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The previous version of the black panther suit looked better.It allowed for more padding in the shoulder area and gave some heroic bulk.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Gonna point out that the Spanish allied with Aztecs to conquer other Aztecs. The Triple Alliance were just Mexica-Alcolhua-Tepeneca Aztecs and the Spanish fought then allied with Tlaxcalla, one of many great Aztec civilizations in the area.

I though only the citizens of Tenocticlan were aztecs, anyone else was either a member of the triple alliance, a subject or an enemy like Tlaxcalla.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

King T’Challa is just safeguarding the Soul Stone.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

that he certainly is, i don't recall the suit featuring such... prominence before

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

McSpanky posted:

Getting dangerously close to my-hair-is-a-bird territory here.

but that would mean The MSJ's argument is invalid

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Everyone is wondering where the soul stone is now because it wasn't in Black Panther but I think it's obviously still in Wakanda and is the reason for all of their spiritual powers it just wasn't mentioned. Why the gently caress else would the big fight happen there?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

that he certainly is, i don't recall the suit featuring such... prominence before

They're just promoting equality because when everyone say they can see the tips of the Dora Milaje they don't mean their spears.

PriorMarcus posted:

Everyone is wondering where the soul stone is now because it wasn't in Black Panther but I think it's obviously still in Wakanda and is the reason for all of their spiritual powers it just wasn't mentioned. Why the gently caress else would the big fight happen there?

I bet it's in the center of the vibranium meteorite that crashed there.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 8, 2018

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The MSJ posted:

So I'm wondering if the Wakandan locals start giving her the side-eyes when they find out she's been going by Black Widow or what

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

one of the sadder casualties of how bad iron man 2 was is black widow being an actual character

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

What is up with that leather girdle cap has on? Is Evans getting a beer belly in addition to the balding?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Neon Genesis Iron Man

Serf
May 5, 2011

normally i like all that goofy poo poo but that just looks bad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's the MegaMan version too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

wasp hasn't even been in a movie yet and tony is already stealing her look

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Area teenage girl so thirsty she broke her retainer biting on it during Michael B Jordan's shirtless scene in Black Panther.

https://twitter.com/lvstbleu/status/970355949247479809
https://twitter.com/pixyrue/status/970698994690199552
https://twitter.com/michaelb4jordan/status/971141941650960384

https://twitter.com/pixyrue/status/971150861236924416
https://twitter.com/crobb149/status/971153470630719489

Mordiceius posted:

Neon Genesis Iron Man

Of course, he will use the Soul Stone to fuse his mother's soul with an armor.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

On the same note, although it should never be taken as indicative of what’s in the final movie, a LEGO set for Infinity War shows the Iron Spider suit having the six metallic arms from the Civil War comics. Makes me wonder how much of the VFX in the trailers were monkeyed with, like how Thor had both eyes in the comic con version.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Neon Genesis Iron Man

You gotta take the scarab away from Blue Beetle now? Shame on you, Tony.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

Hey, they got their movie, now we can put the focus back on the real Marvel he- *Disney corporate boardroom explodes into flames* oh god oh god at least we can keep Star Wars with its all white main heroes and vill- *bombing Millenium Falcon smashes clean through the rest of Disney HQ*

God, one can only dream...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Serf posted:

normally i like all that goofy poo poo but that just looks bad

the goofy poo poo is fine, it's Downey that's the problem

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah the suit design looks sweet it's just weird on an actor

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Neon Genesis Iron Man

Second hot take:

The idea of Tony being the MCU's biggest villain is becoming maintain. Even Entertainment Weekly is calling him a "Mad Titan."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Serf posted:

wasp hasn't even been in a movie yet and tony is already stealing her look

I’m not sure which Wasp costume that’s supposed to resemble

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I’m not sure which Wasp costume that’s supposed to resemble

It's not the costume it's the weapon

That's traditionally the rough shape of what her hand blasters look like

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, her blasts are traditionally fired out of her hands. Sometimes they put some mechanical wrist cuffs on there but the below the elbow blade cannon thing isn’t really very common.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Michael B. Jordan is legit awesome. He just announced that his production company will adopt the Inclusion Rider in all of it's contracts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the inclusion Rider? I haven't watched Kamen Rider in a few seasons

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's all the ET covers:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Basically the Jackie Robinson rule that professional sports uses. A certain percentage of interviewees for cast and crew have to with women and people of color. You generally don't have to hire them but it gives people who wouldn't normally have a chance to be seen by a studios HR some face time with the people who make the decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We super robot wars now I guess.