Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AirRaid posted:

The silenced pistol is a reason not to have the saber. I think 80% of my player kills have come from the silenced pistol.

You can have the silenced pistol on your primary slot. :v:

I used to be in love with the silenced pistol but the saber is a way better weapon for the ranges you engage with the silenced pistol in my experience. I have gotten multiple 8 kill games using nothing but the saber last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

keyframe posted:

You can have the silenced pistol on your primary slot. :v:

I used to be in love with the silenced pistol but the saber is a way better weapon for the ranges you engage with the silenced pistol in my experience. I have gotten multiple 8 kill games using nothing but the saber last week.

The machete is listed as higher damage, but the "poke" animation of the sabre seems incredibly fast to me and thus I too love the sabre.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Studio posted:

As far as I can tell, the point of the pump is for comfortably killing bosses without stressing over constant reloads. Why do that when you can kill Butcher in 40 seconds with Double Barrels though.

Yeah double barrels are definitely the way to go. The pump is crap for killing the bosses. With the DB you can make the spider run away or the butcher go down on one knee, with the pump they seem to keep coming at you. I guess it's all about the stopping power.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The machete is listed as higher damage, but the "poke" animation of the sabre seems incredibly fast to me and thus I too love the sabre.

Yea damage difference don't matter since it's a one hit kill on all enemies and hunters except the armored dudes who take 3 hits to go down but you poke with it so fast that basically means like 2 seconds tops.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Which time of day do people tend to play? I was playing almost exclusively daytime, but tried a night hunt this morning. It's much spookier, but surprisingly, visibility seems to be about the same.

Also, is anyone else getting a lot of server errors on the completion of a match? Three times now, I've gone for an early extraction or died, and was greeted with a message that due to a server error, I accumulated no points, and my hunter will be kept alive.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I loving love "That One Catfish Grove Clue"
https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/971255912122978304

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Power Walrus posted:

Also, is anyone else getting a lot of server errors on the completion of a match? Three times now, I've gone for an early extraction or died, and was greeted with a message that due to a server error, I accumulated no points, and my hunter will be kept alive.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Try restarting the game if it happens. I have also had the game drop straight into the post match screen and show me my XP and rewards on restart.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I got ~6 kills with the cavalry sabre last night. People really don't know what to do about a madman charging at them. If they whiff their shotgun blast, say goonight.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The greyhound perk really comes in handy when Montoya is ambushed on a ladder, body burned, and I need to hoof it to the extraction with the bounty being chased by the two Tier 3's.

Orv
May 4, 2011
First content patch is out. Notes.

Highlights;
2 boss missions (very cool, give 'em a shot)
Random mission option
Spawn location selection, you can spawn in different locations, careful with that
Uppercut now $175

From Discord: Scopes next patch, fairly soon.

E: So apparently the patch hosed something and the precision pistols are missing from purchase. Not that I imagine anyone really gives a poo poo, since they're garbage, but they're rolling back the server, though seemingly not the patch.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 8, 2018

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Orv posted:

First content patch is out. Notes.

Highlights;
2 boss missions (very cool, give 'em a shot)
Random mission option
Spawn location selection, you can spawn in different locations, careful with that
Uppercut now $175

From Discord: Scopes next patch, fairly soon.

E: So apparently the patch hosed something and the precision pistols are missing from purchase. Not that I imagine anyone really gives a poo poo, since they're garbage, but they're rolling back the server, though seemingly not the patch.

Precision nagant isn't bad as a sidearm when you have a Tier 1 without quartermaster and you absolutely have to have a good shotgun

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Precision nagant isn't bad as a sidearm when you have a Tier 1 without quartermaster and you absolutely have to have a good shotgun

Eh, handcannons are perfectly serviceable and the Rival doesn't require Quartermaster.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I'm glad two boss missions are back. Time to run the gauntlet.

Just as a warning to others, I've had the worst luck with crashes these past couple of days. It seems to be when using the steam overlay to take screenshots or chat to people. So don't do that peeps.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

deported to Canada posted:

I'm glad two boss missions are back. Time to run the gauntlet.

Just as a warning to others, I've had the worst luck with crashes these past couple of days. It seems to be when using the steam overlay to take screenshots or chat to people. So don't do that peeps.

You crashed as you tried to take a screenshot of me posing with a fresh hunter kill. It was the most disappointing moment of the night.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

That would have been beautiful too. We heard the dude outside and Tinfoil said "I'll stab him when he gets to the top of the ladder", then as he came up he looked straight at me, lifted his weapon to shoot and STABBY STABBY from behind.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There's a neat bug where you will sometimes be unable to fire until you reload. It's great!

Edit: Had reallllly bad lag problems tonight. Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnZZzARGp0

Studio fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 9, 2018

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
I haven't seen a map with the player spawn locations, so I decided to start one now that we get to see some of them during spawn selection.

This is a work in progress, as I feel like there's 3+ spots I'm missing here (most likely around center North/South/East sides).

If anyone can confirm any spots I'm missing, feel free to add to the image (a red dot is fine even) and I'll get this updated.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure a player can spawn anywhere the road leads off the map. There's four spots (N, E, S, W (with a tiny bit of north)) that are roads, and that I've spawned at.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Varkas posted:

I haven't seen a map with the player spawn locations, so I decided to start one now that we get to see some of them during spawn selection.

This is a work in progress, as I feel like there's 3+ spots I'm missing here (most likely around center North/South/East sides).

If anyone can confirm any spots I'm missing, feel free to add to the image (a red dot is fine even) and I'll get this updated.

I'm 100% sure there's spawns SE of Davant Ranch at the river leading south, SE of the chapel at the road leading east, and NW of Graves at the road leading west.

I *think* there might be one NE of Mill + Lumber at the road leading north, but I'm not very confident on that one.

Rest look good.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Studio posted:

I'm pretty sure a player can spawn anywhere the road leads off the map. There's four spots (N, E, S, W (with a tiny bit of north)) that are roads, and that I've spawned at.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm 100% sure there's spawns SE of Davant Ranch at the river leading south, SE of the chapel at the road leading east, and NW of Graves at the road leading west.

I *think* there might be one NE of Mill + Lumber at the road leading north, but I'm not very confident on that one.

Rest look good.

Thanks, I suspected these were the spots. Here's what I think should be everything then:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Varkas posted:

Thanks, I suspected these were the spots. Here's what I think should be everything then:

20 spots total sounds like a good round number.

Also, looking at the map it's readily apparent why Blanchett Graves is a total shitshow right out of the gate. If you have some firepower and aren't afraid to dance early - take advantage of those spawn points and find yourself some kills.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there team chat in this game? I don't have a mic yet, and someone the other night scolded me for chatting ambush plans with the <Enter> key. I thought that maybe it was teamspeak because our names appeared in blue.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Power Walrus posted:

Is there team chat in this game? I don't have a mic yet, and someone the other night scolded me for chatting ambush plans with the <Enter> key. I thought that maybe it was teamspeak because our names appeared in blue.

Chatting can be seen in the same radius as your voice can be heard. So no, no team chat. Play with goons and chat in Discord where the enemy can't overhear your clever plan to throw explosives at them.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Chatting can be seen in the same radius as your voice can be heard. So no, no team chat. Play with goons and chat in Discord where the enemy can't overhear your clever plan to throw explosives at them.

I find it to be entirely in the spirit of the game to announce your plans aloud. Even more fun to see if they believe you.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DarkDobe posted:

I find it to be entirely in the spirit of the game to announce your plans aloud. Even more fun to see if they believe you.

Announce you are tossing dynamite, hide by the exit with a cavalry saber.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

There is. That's the spawn where the first clue is at the Mill.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Remember that your "first" clue is only the clue that is closest to you at spawn. If you change camps (i.e. decide to seek out people at fish + sons) you will see the clue at fish + sons in lieu of the one you saw at lumber mill.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Did the knuckle dusters get nerfed? Haven't been able to one punch any zombies in the head anymore :'(

Orv
May 4, 2011

Feral Integral posted:

Did the knuckle dusters get nerfed? Haven't been able to one punch any zombies in the head anymore :'(

Friendship ended with knuckle dusters, now knife is my best friend.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Tamed my overheating issue but I'm still garbage. Game is still fun though.

Trizzdog
May 5, 2014
Original Proprietor of Space Dank

Feral Integral posted:

Not being able to one punch grunts in the face is a serious blow to the otherwise outstanding design of this game. Who was the nerd in their balance team who was all like "BUT WE NEED TO ENFORCE GRUNT'S BLUNT RESISTANCE!".

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Little annoyed the last patch didn't fix the bug with hellhounds not giving XP if one shot. Headshotting them with the silenced pistol seems like it should be decent XP overall.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Killed/banished/bountied my first spider last night with a buddy. My poor heart!

This game is really special and has some room to grow into something great!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I can only hope with all the info they've collected sending these hunters after the spider that they are building some sort of super weapon to fight off the apocalypse.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

There's a neat bug where you will sometimes be unable to fire until you reload. It's great!

Edit: Had reallllly bad lag problems tonight. Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnZZzARGp0

Had this happen again, and the reload bug, and really bad delay between enemies getting hit and actually dying. Game is pretty unplayable right now :smith:

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Orv posted:

Friendship ended with knuckle dusters, now knife is my best friend.

but boppin is so much more fun than schlinkin :'(

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 11, 2018

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Studio posted:

Had this happen again, and the reload bug, and really bad delay between enemies getting hit and actually dying. Game is pretty unplayable right now :smith:
Apparently the jamming was an intentional design choice to punish you for firing the Winfield too fast, but it was meant to be removed for early access and stuck around as a bug instead. I assume you haven't had the problem with other weapons?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Amante posted:

Apparently the jamming was an intentional design choice to punish you for firing the Winfield too fast, but it was meant to be removed for early access and stuck around as a bug instead. I assume you haven't had the problem with other weapons?

Karbiner too :smith:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
After a few nights of testing with the Mosin, Montoya and I submit the following review:

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

The Mosin is worth every drat penny.