Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Splicer posted:

Nono, it's every time you research one. Every time you research a tech BAM three month unity injection. Really going to make researching this low-cist backlogs feel good.

huh? anomaly discovery chance is a different thing than what you are talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Baronjutter posted:

I like the discovery changes, mostly because I hate the "assist research" mechanic so much. I'd love to see them do-away with it entirely.

I would love for assist research to automatically travel to whatever location would provide the most benefit. The scientist is smart enough to figure out how to travel through wormholes; he should be smart enough to see which planet is the best place for him to hang out.

Dongattack posted:

A change that i would enjoy would be to put orbital bombardment in the hands of the troop transports. And you could fit them with researchable orbital weaponry of varying effect and then just select the troop transports, rightclick the planet and select between "Bombard Planet" or "Engage Planet" which would weaken the defenses and then automatically invade. Then allow reinforcing the losses via the Fleet Manager or something like that.

I hate having to park my fleet in orbit over a planet and keep checking back to see if they have weakened the armies enough and at least that way it would be free to gently caress off somewhere else and leave the planet to specialized troops/equipment. I just build 20 of the "TITANIC WARFORM" or something in my last machine game and brute forced every planet. Expensive tho.

I'd prefer that either troop transports go away entirely and something more abstract be used, or there be a new type of module that I could add to ships that would allow them to carry troops and perform orbital bombardments more effectively. Maybe a module that allows for smarter orbital bombardment that only takes out garrisons and strongholds or something. Either way I feel that the current level of micro does not justify the level of fun it provides.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Love the changes to Discovery on paper. I was actually taking it all the time as an opener when trying to snowball research speed. Relying on Assist Research as a tech did seem gamey.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Jazerus posted:

huh? anomaly discovery chance is a different thing than what you are talking about

He's referring to the "one-time bonus to Unity" part.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think a one-time bonus to Unity is a dreadful way of fixing that. I like taking those traditions or whatever they are for long-term bonuses, not a one-time injection of a mana bar.

It takes a bit of micromanagement but its a great way to level up new scientists so you have not-skill 1 guys waiting in the wings for when an old scientist dies.

Staltran posted:

The dev diary is misleading. The in-game tooltip is "Gain 3 Unity equal to 3 months of production whenever a new technology is researched".

Also, there's a new "high piracy risk" alert. Neat, I guess. Also, the tooltip says upgrading starbases lowers piracy risk? Didn't know that.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Staltran posted:

The dev diary is misleading. The in-game tooltip is "Gain 3 Unity equal to 3 months of production whenever a new technology is researched". That is almost certainly less unity than the old version, though this version doesn't require you to have a bunch of scientists assisting research. Still, it's a substantial nerf, though likely not an unwarranted one.

Oh, hmm. That probably makes more sense than a big one-off.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

discovery is still a priority to adopt first for the anomaly discovery chance, which is actually absurdly strong since more anomalies means better systems - anomaly discovery chance is the only bonus to space resource abundance that is available, and since it only works on unsurveyed systems, getting it ASAP is a good idea.

i wouldn't finish it out, though - just leave it and move on to expansion as your actual first tree.

I guess. It's still an entirely RNG-based mechanic though, and I'm pretty meh on RNG in regards to empire development. Plus it's as likely to help other empires as it is yours, I always seem to pop +5 engineering or +4 minerals or whatever on another empire's borders, far away from me.

Splicer posted:

Nono, it's every time you research one. Every time you research a tech BAM three month unity injection. Really going to make researching this low-cost backlogs feel good.

Investing in a tradition to generate more unity is an okay-ish thing to do because it keeps you going through the Tradition tree at a decent pace, but it's always less than you think because you need to take into account the unity you pay to get that and the fact that having one more tradition increases the costs of subsequent traditions. When I consider those things, it's hard to make them "feel good" as such, though I'm sure it's still a net gain. Regardless it means it's something I'll never prioritize, insomuch that I'd never go Discovery just for that one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Staltran posted:

The dev diary is misleading. The in-game tooltip is "Gain 3 Unity equal to 3 months of production whenever a new technology is researched". That is almost certainly less unity than the old version, though this version doesn't require you to have a bunch of scientists assisting research. Still, it's a substantial nerf, though likely not an unwarranted one.
Is your first "3" a typo? Otherwise thats not terrible but still not as much fun as Scientists in orbit vomitting Unity and Science.

Splicer posted:

Yeah, extra anomalies in your core systems is still too good to pass up for me, plus not taking it gives me serious FOMO.
Nono, it's every time you research one. Every time you research a tech BAM three month unity injection. Really going to make researching this low-cost backlogs feel good.
Agreed on the first part and thank you for clarifying the second part. That is not nearly as bad and could potentially be really strong if you have a high unity income. I will have to do some testing with my ongoing game where I have ppbbbttt 413 Unity income with the old method; my new income will be lower base, but every time I get a new tech it will be a decent injection.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Staltran posted:

Do you have the 1080 UI Overhaul? It seems to not play nice with that for whatever reason.

That was it, thanks! Although due to the patch I lost it, and got reimbursed about 400 unity (what I paid for it), except now it cost 60k to get back (what a unity trait costs me now). No biggie tho.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jazerus posted:

I hit post too soon, there's a ninja edit there.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Magil Zeal posted:

I guess. It's still an entirely RNG-based mechanic though, and I'm pretty meh on RNG in regards to empire development. Plus it's as likely to help other empires as it is yours, I always seem to pop +5 engineering or +4 minerals or whatever on another empire's borders, far away from me.

Investing in a tradition to generate more unity is an okay-ish thing to do because it keeps you going through the Tradition tree at a decent pace, but it's always less than you think because you need to take into account the unity you pay to get that and the fact that having one more tradition increases the costs of subsequent traditions. When I consider those things, it's hard to make them "feel good" as such, though I'm sure it's still a net gain. Regardless it means it's something I'll never prioritize, insomuch that I'd never go Discovery just for that one.

Well, you're going to survey your own surroundings first. And I believe anomalies can only pop if no-one has surveyed the plant/star before, so it can't happen if they've surveyed their own borders. Besides, now that planetary survey corps is gone, the only reason to survey so far from your own borders is to farm scientist experience. If you go on to complete Discovery decently early, second or third tree, you should get assist research unlocked as a replacement before giving your enemies anomalies becomes a real problem. And anyway, the extra resources from anomalies have a much lesser impact by then.

It is RNG, of course. But you'll probably make a hundred anomaly discovery rolls quite quickly early game, that's probable 20-30 systems. The variance shouldn't be that big.

Getting traditions that give more unity is for getting ascension perks faster, not other traditions. The old Faith in Science was powerful enough that I often felt it was worth rushing to get the first couple ascension perks sooner.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is your first "3" a typo? Otherwise thats not terrible but still not as much fun as Scientists in orbit vomitting Unity and Science.

Agreed on the first part and thank you for clarifying the second part. That is not nearly as bad and could potentially be really strong if you have a high unity income. I will have to do some testing with my ongoing game where I have ppbbbttt 413 Unity income with the old method.

Yes it is, whoops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bholder posted:

How did you beat up the contingency fleets?

I was able to muster up enough fleet power to beat up their random patrolling fleets, but there's no way I can go after their defences around their home planets.

I guess the main difference is that you had a full federation and the federation fleet alone can double your fleet size, meanwhile the only help I get is a wayward FE that leaves once it destroys a couple of fleets then moves to the other end of the galaxy.

I was thinking about cheesing it with corvette spam but I'm not sure if it would be effective.

I wasn't actually in that Federation, but it's mere existence helped slow the Contingency. However, the Federation didn't form right away so the beginning of the crisis was brutal. I lost two vassals. :( I was also lucky that none of the Hubs spawned in my borders. I had to suffer the destruction of my fleets multiple times trying to figure out a strategy. The first destroyed Hub was done by assaults right through all their fleets before they dispersed but before the Federation formed. It was easier to destroy a Hub when the Contingency got large enough so the fleets supporting expansion were too far to hyperlane back in time. I then used the jump drive to bypass the frontline and attack the Hub. The first time I did this and got totally wrecked when a new robbit fleet happened to spawn but my second attempt on another Hub worked perfectly. A blocking force would be helpful here if there's a single choke like one of the Hubs had.

Basically if you have the space and time, wait until the Contingency is too large to respond to threats to the Hub, then hit it directly. The defense fleet does not regenerate nor respawn nor do the the offensive fleets have jump drives. You can keep throwing ships at the system to wear it down if you can't mass up 400k.

May Space-God save your soul if the Hubs are in your borders though...

e: On the last system that spawns: The space forts are a lot weaker than they appear. No need to do anything fancy there. The fleets are waaaay more threatening.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 8, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Magil Zeal posted:

Every tree has a thing that's mainly +unity, and the old FiS was the same, just differently. Maybe that's a bad thing in general but it's a change in approach, not effect.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Staltran posted:

Well, you're going to survey your own surroundings first. And I believe anomalies can only pop if no-one has surveyed the plant/star before, so it can't happen if they've surveyed their own borders. Besides, now that planetary survey corps is gone, the only reason to survey so far from your own borders is to farm scientist experience. If you go on to complete Discovery decently early, second or third tree, you should get assist research unlocked as a replacement before giving your enemies anomalies becomes a real problem. And anyway, the extra resources from anomalies have a much lesser impact by then.

It is RNG, of course. But you'll probably make a hundred anomaly discovery rolls quite quickly early game, that's probable 20-30 systems. The variance shouldn't be that big.

Getting traditions that give more unity is for getting ascension perks faster, not other traditions. The old Faith in Science was powerful enough that I often felt it was worth rushing to get the first couple ascension perks sooner.

It does seem like the +Anomaly discovery chance part of Discovery has the same problem as the old Mastery of Nature, in that it's really only valuable if you get it early. Still, my personal aversion to RNG and not feeling it is actually all that big of a boon means I doubt it's worth it for that alone. With that said, Expansion's opener was nerfed to 50% so it's still probably more attractive as a first pick. The 5% multiplicative increase won't hurt much early on and as long as you fill out Discovery later it won't hurt at all later. I just don't like it much.

Now you really wouldn't want to do a lot of surveying with level 5 scientists. Not sure if that's a good direction to take it.

Old Faith in Science is a different story. Very powerful but also required significant investment in Scientists, especially if you wanted to take advantage of PSC too. New Faith in Science... I'm bouncing the math around in my head and it doesn't seem all that impressive at first thought. It's okay-ish, but right now I'm having a lot of trouble where I open up Ascension perk slots before I have the tech for the ones I really want to take.

Splicer posted:

Every tree has a thing that's mainly +unity, and the old FiS was the same, just differently. Maybe that's a bad thing in general but it's a change in approach, not effect.

Not saying it's a bad thing per se, just hard to get excited about. It does help smooth out the pacing of moving through the Tradition tree and helps make the decisions within a given tree somewhat interesting.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 8, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Magil Zeal posted:

It does seem like the +Anomaly discovery chance part of Discovery has the same problem as the old Mastery of Nature, in that it's really only valuable if you get it early. Still, my personal aversion to RNG and not feeling it is actually all that big of a boon means I doubt it's worth it for that alone. With that said, Expansion's opener was nerfed to 50% so it's still probably more attractive as a first pick. The 5% multiplicative increase won't hurt much early on and as long as you fill out Discovery later it won't hurt at all later. I just don't like it much.
I don't like the +anomaly boosters. I think they're a bad mechanic, or one component of an incomplete good mechanic. +10% anomaly find chance is a 50% increase in anomalies, so the longer you wait to take it the less interesting the galaxy is. It's the only one that really works that way. Getting the others late just means more resources spent or less gained, or things taking longer. With the possible exception of the supremacy traditions the discovery opener is the only one that means less story. I don't get it first because I like having it, I get it first because by not having it I know I've missed out on a bunch of discrete /things/.

Yes that's 90% on me being an obsessive weirdo but obsessive weirdos make up a big chunk of the target market!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm a big fan of the discovery changes but assist research is something that's handy for when your Scientists have run out of systems to explore.
I guess most of the time I'll be that far into discovery anyway, but it's a shame!

I'm glad the buff changed though because it felt super situational, I'm not assisting research until really late in the game.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I played this game a decent amount when it first came out, but haven't much since then. I've been wanting to get back into it but like most paradox strategy games, I'm finding it a bit daunting. Is there a beginners guide anywhere that would be helpful? It seems to barely resemble the game I played previously, and that's been long enough ago I hardly even remember what I did playing before.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

It does feel as though there should be a mechanic to randomly have anomalies show up within systems you've previously explored, especially those that are say within your borders and you can constantly monitor. Though probably the game needs more anomalies in general for that since I already feel like I see each anomaly about a half-to-a-dozen times when exploring a huge galaxy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Magil Zeal posted:

It does feel as though there should be a mechanic to randomly have anomalies show up within systems you've previously explored, especially those that are say within your borders and you can constantly monitor. Though probably the game needs more anomalies in general for that since I already feel like I see each anomaly about a half-to-a-dozen times when exploring a huge galaxy.

an idea that was floated a lot in this thread around launch was the idea of re-scanning during the midgame, which would have a different pool of anomalies relating to less obvious details than the early game anomalies. also being able to scan in other empires and get "diplomatic anomalies", which would be like miniature star trek episodes in event chain form and could lead to positive or negative effects for either empire involved, sour or boost relations, etc.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Magil Zeal posted:

I made an effort post about it earlier, but short version if a planet in your territory has been scanned at 20% and no anomalies have been found, if you have a ship with a 30% scan chance you should be able to rescan it at 10%.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.
Anyone elses modded or unmodded save produce a 2gb+ log :P with tons of ingame lag to boot? My save is modded and pretty much in the start of the late game.

Managed to pry open the error log and it's all this error:

[trigger_impl.cpp:9680]: [ file: common/scripted_effects/pirate_fleet_effects.txt line: 440] Invalid target planet scope for is_planet trigger

Trying to find out if this happens to non-modded saves before making a bug report.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Splicer posted:

I made an effort post about it earlier, but short version if a planet in your territory has been scanned at 20% and no anomalies have been found, if you have a ship with a 30% scan chance you should be able to rescan it at 10%.

Jazerus posted:

an idea that was floated a lot in this thread around launch was the idea of re-scanning during the midgame, which would have a different pool of anomalies relating to less obvious details than the early game anomalies. also being able to scan in other empires and get "diplomatic anomalies", which would be like miniature star trek episodes in event chain form and could lead to positive or negative effects for either empire involved, sour or boost relations, etc.

Nah, don't have "rescanning", that's just busywork and would probably be confusing. I'd just like to see a pop-up along the lines of "hey, a comet entered this system a few decades ahead of schedule, let's send a science ship to see what's up" or like "there's been unusual readings from toxic world 24-A for a couple of weeks now, might be worth looking into".

Also, during my game yesterday playing as Rogue Servitors, I noticed something odd. Pirates would appear and then... not attack. I'd get the pop-up about pirates, so they were mine, but they'd just sit in the system they popped in and not do anything except defend their stronghold. Made them really easy to deal with but obviously not intended. Going to have to see later today if the patch changed things.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Splicer posted:

Well really you should be able to scan it at 12.5%. Or they could just have every planet generate with a set scan "chance" that has to be met to discover an anomaly (which might be impossible for high values, of course). But I have to agree that scanning every planet again would get old really quick. An event-based system where you got anomalies randomly based on your anomaly discovery chance sounds better.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Magil Zeal posted:

Nah, don't have "rescanning", that's just busywork and would probably be confusing. I'd just like to see a pop-up along the lines of "hey, a comet entered this system a few decades ahead of schedule, let's send a science ship to see what's up" or like "there's been unusual readings from toxic world 24-A for a couple of weeks now, might be worth looking into".
This would also be good, it's not an either/or. There'd be no busywork though, by the time it comes up you'll have your ships on autoexplore while also solving the FOMO of variable anomaly generation chances.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Rescanning would be awful busy work, but you could make it so any scientist assisting research had a chance of discovering an anomaly in the "old survey data" of planet X, and you could dispatch a ship to check it out.

Maybe add a new pool of midgame anomalies, more subtle things, less hard to miss giant skeletons.

Chance would be low, but getting a bunch of scientists online would help.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Auto survey should get a mid game upgrade to look for more anomalies. Call the tech "To Infinity and Beyond!"

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Splicer posted:

This would also be good, it's not an either/or. There'd be no busywork though, by the time it comes up you'll have your ships on autoexplore while also solving the FOMO of variable anomaly generation chances.

Lately I've been observing some very odd behavior in regards to auto-explore that makes it unattractive to use. For some reason my science ship wants to go halfway across the galaxy, like 25+ jumps, rather than survey a system 2-3 jumps away. I don't know what its priority system is, but it seems like it might like to explore systems closer to your empire first, so if you clear out space amoebas from a nearby system suddenly your auto-survey ship that's in a different galactic arm decides it wants to make the 5-year journey home. Like, okay, it makes sense to put a priority on exploring that, but I'll do that with the ship that's assisting research in my home system, okay?

I always play on huge galaxies, usually with less empires than is "standard" for a galaxy of that size, so surveying often continues very late into my games, and seeing my science ships take huge unnecessary detours is pretty annoying.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 8, 2018

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've never actually beaten the Contingency before. If you haven't yet (or not in Apocalypse), spoilers ahead:

Interesting! In my game over the weekend I cracked the first three Hubs, and while they stopped spawning new fleets, they didn’t count as destroyed and the event completely broke! :sad:

Was quite the let-down after the furious several-decades war to finish them off after two Hubs spawned inside my borders.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Staltran posted:

Well really you should be able to scan it at 12.5%.
I said it was the short version :colbert: but sure, ((P(current scan)-P(previous scan))/(100-P(previous scan))*100) % IF YOU INSIST

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Magil Zeal posted:

Lately I've been observing some very odd behavior in regards to auto-explore that makes it unattractive to use. For some reason my science ship wants to go halfway across the galaxy, like 25+ jumps, rather than survey a system 2-3 jumps away. I don't know what its priority system is, but it seems like it might like to explore systems closer to your empire first, so if you clear out space amoebas from a nearby system suddenly your auto-survey ship that's in a different galactic arm decides it wants to make the 5-year journey home. Like, okay, it makes sense to put a priority on exploring that, but I'll do that with the ship that's assisting research in my home system, okay?

I always play on huge galaxies, usually with less empires than is "standard" for a galaxy of that size, so surveying often continues very late into my games, and seeing my science ships take huge unnecessary detours is pretty annoying.

In my last game, my science ships on auto-explore started telling me they couldn't find any unsurveyed systems while being in one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fintilgin posted:

Rescanning would be awful busy work, but you could make it so any scientist assisting research had a chance of discovering an anomaly in the "old survey data" of planet X, and you could dispatch a ship to check it out.

Maybe add a new pool of midgame anomalies, more subtle things, less hard to miss giant skeletons.

Chance would be low, but getting a bunch of scientists online would help.
That would be very cool and probably way less cpu intensive. A couple of times a year have each assist research scientist roll half their anomaly find chance on a random anomalyless planet in your or unclaimed territory.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Staltran posted:

In my last game, my science ships on auto-explore started telling me they couldn't find any unsurveyed systems while being in one.

I think they try and find the closest unsurveyed system to your capital, and if they don’t have a clear path home it breaks.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Splicer posted:

Yeah basically rather than have the whole assist research thing, just have your science ships set to fly around your territory re-scanning stuff to see if anything's changed since the last time they were there.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Huh. That makes sense, I had psi jump drives so it's certainly possible they couldn't find a path home.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Staltran posted:

Huh. That makes sense, I had psi jump drives so it's certainly possible they couldn't find a path home.

they never take jump drives into account

i wish they did though.

i really dont care if constructors or sci ships use jump drives

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I fail to see how hitting "Auto-Explore" or whatever it is on a science vessel is "busy work" if they add a mechanic to allow you to scan places again. I think it would be a great way to help keep the midgame interesting if you are not particularly violent. Especialyl when executing said scans is done by clicking one button, once.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'd love a story pack with a few hundred new anomalies. After 350 hours I just click through them all now, it'd be nice to get some fresh ones.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Taear posted:

I'd love a story pack with a few hundred new anomalies. After 350 hours I just click through them all now, it'd be nice to get some fresh ones.

I believe there are a couple of mods that add more of them.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.

OwlFancier posted:

I believe there are a couple of mods that add more of them.

Yeah but none of them are written by the finest writers known to man so they are 100% bad even though people made those mods for free for others to enjoy.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Having given the game a pass at launch and come to it with 2.0, i've been having a lot of fun with it. Hyperlanes are definitely the way to go, forget the haters (even if trying to fight a war after planetary FTL disruptors are discovered feels like the one scene with Sideshow Bob and the field of rakes).

Still, though, i'd say my main concern is that the diplomatic system really feels... empty? Maybe it's just because i've only had a chance to play as the humans, but the scope of CB's (which are clearly important to me), and the options available in the diplomatic menu are really kind of sparse. I'm really missing diplo options and CBs to force rivals to revoke their claims, to change civics or policies, etc. Even just things like my inability to peacefully integrate my inferior (but not pathetic) neighbor, even though thanks to the migration treaty, his president has been one of my species for 30 years now. Or, combine those - a CB to 'protect our species' if a civ you have migration with flips to a civic yours are opposed to, or they start cyborg uploads or whatever.

There's just... a lot of open space visible in these systems to do something with, and it makes it a touch less satisfying that the only thing i can really do to these weird blob aliens is throw toy spaceships at them until they surrender and join me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guilliman posted:

Yeah but none of them are written by the finest writers known to man so they are 100% bad even though people made those mods for free for others to enjoy.

Genuinely I had more fun with the food machine from More Events than I have with any of the vanilla ones. It's pretty great.