Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"I don't want Toda to think I'm lame... but if I try to dress myself I will be exposed for the lame-o that I am"

Finally a manga character with a struggle I can understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oh no they dissed the :same: shirt

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

havenwaters posted:

Oh no they dissed the :same: shirt

:( It's a good shirt. Possibly the best shirt.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's the most Aya shirt and she knows it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mana finding new ways to use Aya's telepathy against her will never not be amazing :allears:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I predict that this will end with her just wearing one of her terribleamazing shirts, and Toda liking it more.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

AnoHito posted:

I predict that this will end with her just wearing one of her terribleamazing shirts, and Toda liking it more.

Nah, she gonna spaz out and end up with a t-shirt over a hoodie.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

As a fellow victim of terrible fashion sense, I can attest to the fact that choosing my wardrobe is a quick and rough process consisting of quickly asking myself, in order of importance, 1) Does the piece of clothing fit? 2) Is the piece of clothing comfortable, or at least tolerable? and 3) Am I drawn to, amused by, or in some other fashion interested in the piece of clothing?

Repeat for everything I need/want and I'm done. Any considerations beyond those fall squarely into a vortex of rules and complications that make college-level mathematics seem like reciting the alphabet.

In short I empathize with Ayako waaaaay too much.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super Jay Mann posted:

As a fellow victim of terrible fashion sense, I can attest to the fact that choosing my wardrobe is a quick and rough process consisting of quickly asking myself, in order of importance, 1) Does the piece of clothing fit? 2) Is the piece of clothing comfortable, or at least tolerable? and 3) Am I drawn to, amused by, or in some other fashion interested in the piece of clothing?

Repeat for everything I need/want and I'm done. Any considerations beyond those fall squarely into a vortex of rules and complications that make college-level mathematics seem like reciting the alphabet.

:same:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Shark Shirt Did Nothing Wrong

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Mousou Telepathy: Same Same

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AnacondaHL posted:

Shark Shirt Did Nothing Wrong

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

When the gently caress is Nobel gonna start selling the shark shirt

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

When the gently caress is Nobel gonna start selling the shark shirt

hopefully that and Simple :) Stylish will release at the same time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Super Jay Mann posted:

my rule of thumb for proper clothing

1: does my t-shirt have this on it:

if yes: put it on

if no: find the t-shirt with that on it and put it on

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I just want a Brady Bunch style poster of Ayafaces, is that too much to ask

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
As someone who doesn't buy graphic shirts because he can't trust himself. I get Ayako's struggle because I have terrible terrific taste in clothing.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

NOOOOOOOO!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:ohdear:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Date is over already RIP

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I don't remember, is there a shithead teacher?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Aww man no. NO. C'monn I just wanna see them be awkward and cute together, pleaaaase?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Seriously though, an I just not remembering something about the teacher?

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Aya has a reputation of being willing to help out with basically anything, which was established way back at the start I think. So it's not a particular teacher it's just some teachers take advantage of her helpfulness.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Seriously though, an I just not remembering something about the teacher?

Don't think so, the only adult figures we have actually seen have been the opposing teams soccer coach, their classes teacher, Nakanos mom, Mana's mom, Toda's mom.

EDIT: guessing its something like the pool cleanup but from the older teacher pushing off onto her.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dire Lemming posted:

Aya has a reputation of being willing to help out with basically anything, which was established way back at the start I think. So it's not a particular teacher it's just some teachers take advantage of her helpfulness.

Which means it's time for Aya to start asserting herself and not take the fall for what seems to not be her problem.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
loving bullshit, she was always acting as the class representative, and she ran a successful class event that isn't easy. Clubs in Japan are bullshit.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This makes me angry

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You're a telepath, this is nothing a round of good ol' blackmail can't fix.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

You're a telepath, this is nothing a round of good ol' blackmail can't fix.

She can't even figure out how to use telepathy to cheat on tests properly, how the hell do you think she'll manage a felony properly?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnoHito posted:

She can't even figure out how to use telepathy to cheat on tests properly, how the hell do you think she'll manage a felony properly?

Even if she did pull it off, she'd crack immediately under the slightest questioning.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This isn't that kinda story, but I can't imagine a literal telepath would have a problem finding a job.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

This isn't that kinda story, but I can't imagine a literal telepath would have a problem finding a job.

aya's terrible at manipulating people, so i don't see why interviewers would be any different.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
She could win one of those James Randi "prove the paranormal exists under rigorous scientific conditions and you'll earn a gigantic cash prize" contests.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Poltergrift posted:

She could win one of those James Randi "prove the paranormal exists under rigorous scientific conditions and you'll earn a gigantic cash prize" contests.

She would get really nervous and freeze. Thereby rendering her impossible to prove anything.

She really is the worst possible person to have these powers. She can't manipulate people to like her, she'd suck at poker and negotiations, she probably has some sense of morality and she would definitely faint if she was some kind of interrogator, since she would fill out the unpleasant details in her head.
What exactly could she do with that, other than catching a stoic boyfriend? Interpreter for people with locked in syndrome?

But to be fair, she has kind of a weak version of telepathy. As far as we know, she can't access memories at all, let alone change them, or plant suggestions.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 9, 2018

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

She would get really nervous and freeze. Thereby rendering her impossible to prove anything.

She really is the worst possible person to have these powers. She can't manipulate people to like her, she'd suck at poker and negotiations, she probably has some sense of morality and she would definitely faint if she was some kind of interrogator, since she would fill out the unpleasant details in her head.
What exactly could she do with that, other than catching a stoic boyfriend? Interpreter for people with locked in syndrome?

But to be fair, she has kind of a weak version of telepathy. As far as we know, she can't access memories at all, let alone change them, or plant suggestions.

More than that, she seems to only hear thoughts that are of the verbal variety -- If someone isn't subvocalizing, just imagining, I don't suppose she'd be able to catch that thought.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

More than that, she seems to only hear thoughts that are of the verbal variety -- If someone isn't subvocalizing, just imagining, I don't suppose she'd be able to catch that thought.

She can as that is what the mental images she gets are. But the problem there is that her mind is supplying the imagery so she frequently misinterprets info she has little information on which is why she couldn't create an accurate image of Toda's ex girlfriend. Not only that, but when she does know the subject matter she injects her own perception onto it so just like in the previous chapter; if she asks someone to visualize say, a document, she would see what she would put on it and not what they would.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

She can as that is what the mental images she gets are. But the problem there is that her mind is supplying the imagery so she frequently misinterprets info she has little information on which is why she couldn't create an accurate image of Toda's ex girlfriend. Not only that, but when she does know the subject matter she injects her own perception onto it so just like in the previous chapter; if she asks someone to visualize say, a document, she would see what she would put on it and not what they would.

Oh that's a good point, thanks for reminding. I guess I'd been going on the assumption that she supplied all of the images out of her own imagination rather than traces. But yeah, that was something that was mentioned -- that she gets traces.

Hm! I wonder if that's a skill she could polish, then? Practice getting better or clearer pictures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
In theory, the better she knows a person the more accurate her interpretation of their thoughts becomes. But since she's not seeing 1:1 inside their heads there is always room for error.

Edit:
She is supplying all the imagery, but the framework of the thought is still rooted in the other persons head. That was what she discovered when she realized that while Toda is imagining lewd things about her, she's using her own memory as the basis for the image.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 9, 2018