Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

I'm really trying to figure out competitive list with Scum Fenn Rau in it. I have this that a played around with about 4 months ago that I think has a chance against Fenn/Ghost and might have chance against palp aces. Anyone have anything better with my dear old friend Fenn in it?

I am Fenn Fan #1, played him in comps for the past 18 months until recently, but scum Fenn just has no shot at all at the moment. Too much heartbreaking variance, too many other ships with consistency. That's part of the reason I ended up in the Ghost/Fenn camp. I like 5 dice primaries and Fenn is there.

Waiting for a solid Scum ship with coordinate and Scum fenn will be Tier 1 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

I am Fenn Fan #1, played him in comps for the past 18 months until recently, but scum Fenn just has no shot at all at the moment. Too much heartbreaking variance, too many other ships with consistency. That's part of the reason I ended up in the Ghost/Fenn camp. I like 5 dice primaries and Fenn is there.

Waiting for a solid Scum ship with coordinate and Scum fenn will be Tier 1 again.

I have been praying for a scum falcon w/ coordinate to come out with the movie for a while. I want to play with Ghost/Fenn in a regional warmup to really get a feel for how it flies, but my ghost is on loan to my buddy flying the Incredible Bulk. He flies at the same tournaments I do and I want him to get as much practice as possible. Loved watching him make Fenn/Ghost players eat poo poo last tournament. Everyone else locally who has one is flying Ghost/Fenn.

This is what I have been running for the past 3-4 months and I haven't lost to Fenn/Ghost with it yet. Problem is about half the games have been extremely tight. If rock placement does go the way I need it to or my dice roll below average I am going to be hurting early and clawing back big time for the win. I haven't called the first engagement wrong yet, but if I ever do I might as well call the game. I have to run Jostero as a ghetto flanker to prevent a bad green die roll causing him to get one shot. He is begging for expertise for the double tap, but there just isn't room. Every card on that list at one time or another had been the key to a win..... well expect R5-TK

Also thinking about swapping LRS on Torani to chips to help counter sensor jammer, but that will mean I lose the guaranteed reposition for bullseye arc on the first pass.

Captain Jostero (24)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Contraband Cybernetics (1)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
Havoc (0)

Torani Kulda (27)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
R5-TK (0)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Really wish sensor jammer only worked once per round.

Raged fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 7, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hmmm, I need to figure out a list with a mist hunter because that was the first ship my girlfriend bought and she wants to fly it Saturday.

maybe with two star vipers since she loves shadows of the empire?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hmmm, I need to figure out a list with a mist hunter because that was the first ship my girlfriend bought and she wants to fly it Saturday.

maybe with two star vipers since she loves shadows of the empire?

I'd also be interested in such a list

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
100 points

PILOTS

Zuckuss (38)
G-1A Starfighter (28), Expertise (4), “Gonk” (2), Fire-Control System (2), Inertial Dampeners (1), Mist Hunter (0), Tractor beam (1)

Guri (35)
StarViper (30), Intensity (2), StarViper Mk. II (-3), Autothrusters (2), Virago (1), Advanced Sensors (3),

Thweek (27)
StarViper (28), StarViper Mk. II (-3), Autothrusters (2), Millennium Falcon (Evade Version) (1)

First stab.

Figure with Zuck: FCS and Expertise means he can use his actions for Gonk or Barrel rolling for shots. Maybe first pass he tractors somebody onto a rock or something so that the other two can add damage. The vipers are flankers

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Gonk isnt that great on Zuckuss as he has evade action, which is 1:1 action:damage mitigation, which is the same as gonk once you have shields banked, and Zuckuss is public enemy #1 in that list. That frees up a spot for tactician or something.

4-LOM and Ion dispersers is pretty interesting.

Edit: also consider FCS on Thweek as he needs action efficiency more than Guri.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 8, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Did I miss something? How did Tweek get a StarViper named the Millenium Falcon?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'd give Zuckuss Dengar crew and Advanced Sensors. Take an evade all day, get your rerolls on anything, and do some pre movement barrel rolls and chicanery.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

List builder gently caress up

Anyways: I don't have dengar crew but I am sure I can borrow one.

Also what is the Fenn ghost build?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

List builder gently caress up

Anyways: I don't have dengar crew but I am sure I can borrow one.

Also what is the Fenn ghost build?

"Zeb" Orrelios (18)
"Chopper" (0)
Phantom (0)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)
R3-A2 (2)

Lothal Rebel (35)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Ezra Bridger (3)
Maul (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Ghost (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

It is an ugly, ugly thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
I thought it was FAA not stress bot.

Either way cool.

( we have a tournament that is both regional prep and a fun tourney. We bring a competitive list and a fun list.)

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Used to be FAA until everyone started running Expertise Rey/Low against it, so now he gets to stress Rey's Expertise away.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

There are often store tournaments in a local game shop here. Every time the entire ordeal is arranged by the players, and all mats and stuff are also brought by the players. There is usually a 10 bucks entry fee, and the top three players get gift cards for the store, and usually a FFG kit is divided among the players. The store charges us about 20 bucks for a kit, which is taken from the entry fee, and the rest is divided into the gift cards. My question is: is it normal for a store to charge for these kits? In the last city I lived in, the store would always provide these free of charge.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

uncle blog posted:

There are often store tournaments in a local game shop here. Every time the entire ordeal is arranged by the players, and all mats and stuff are also brought by the players. There is usually a 10 bucks entry fee, and the top three players get gift cards for the store, and usually a FFG kit is divided among the players. The store charges us about 20 bucks for a kit, which is taken from the entry fee, and the rest is divided into the gift cards. My question is: is it normal for a store to charge for these kits? In the last city I lived in, the store would always provide these free of charge.

The kits are about 20 bucks each from FFG so the store wanting to make that money back isn't terribly unreasonable IMO.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

uncle blog posted:

I've seen stores do this for less popular (at their store) games. They don't want the liability of buying the kits and not having them be used, so they use a hands off approach and let you guys run the event.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Ours lets us run them, but they don't charge beyond the normal table fees that they charge anyway, and we run them during normal game nights.

WHen they're being run as distinct events in a separate space, they charge a small fee mostly to cover the rental of the space.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Some Numbers posted:

Clearly when given the choice between copying another ship's PS or talent, he elected to copy the ship itself.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Okay. I was under the impression that the store usually provided these, as these tournaments drum up interest in their product. In our case the event is entirely run by the players, and all the money are spent on gift cards, meaning the store gets all the profit from that amount. So I thought it would be reasonable for the store to chip in for the kits. But I'm not terribly upset about it, just wanted to know what the usual deal was.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

uncle blog posted:

Okay. I was under the impression that the store usually provided these, as these tournaments drum up interest in their product. In our case the event is entirely run by the players, and all the money are spent on gift cards, meaning the store gets all the profit from that amount. So I thought it would be reasonable for the store to chip in for the kits. But I'm not terribly upset about it, just wanted to know what the usual deal was.

The store uses the money from entry fees anyway. The stores here just take the money and dole out store credit and/or prizes, so it's the exact same system. You're just seeing it because it's been made more visible.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Pretty sure our shop just pays for the kits out of the entry fee then gives out the vouchers for the rest of the fees collected. Since I a, a giant loudmouth and have gotten people from other towns to come up for a monthly tournaments they have also been giving out a couple of large ships as random prizes.

We have gone from 10-11 showing up to 25+. It's great for getting some practice against good lists bullshit like Fenn/Ghost

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm taking a slightly modified Incredible Bulk to the Tulsa Regionals tomorrow.

Dropped the Accuracy Corrector on the Bomber. Added Tac Jammer. Collision Detector because why not. Next, put Electronic Baffles on the two lothal rebels.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...BLE%20BULK&obs=

The only two games I've ever lost with Bulk were both due to ion bombs taking a ghost out of the fight for a round. I'll gladly take a damage to avoid that. Baffles will fix that.

They'll also let me take an action after a red (useful to get kill shots after flipping behind someone) or give me a chance to k-turn multiple rounds in a row (useful to further confuse firing priority against arc-dependent ships.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Good luck, is there a stream? Gold Squadron will be elsewhere I believe.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah GS is streaming Detroits regional saturday

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Good luck, is there a stream? Gold Squadron will be elsewhere I believe.

I don't know. My guess is probably not. Despite the fact that Covenant used to be one of the best at covering X-Wing they've stopped doing almost anything at all. :(

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm taking a slightly modified Incredible Bulk to the Tulsa Regionals tomorrow.

Dropped the Accuracy Corrector on the Bomber. Added Tac Jammer. Collision Detector because why not. Next, put Electronic Baffles on the two lothal rebels.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...BLE%20BULK&obs=

The only two games I've ever lost with Bulk were both due to ion bombs taking a ghost out of the fight for a round. I'll gladly take a damage to avoid that. Baffles will fix that.

They'll also let me take an action after a red (useful to get kill shots after flipping behind someone) or give me a chance to k-turn multiple rounds in a row (useful to further confuse firing priority against arc-dependent ships.

That's is almost the exact changes I tried to get my friend to make. Do the bulk proud this weekend.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

What was the difference between this and your suggestions?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

What was the difference between this and your suggestions?

I had baffle on all three of them. Figured the bomber having constant 1 hard turns would be a good thing. Also constant stops

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

I had baffle on all three of them. Figured the bomber having constant 1 hard turns would be a good thing. Also constant stops

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I feel like I can usually keep the bomber relevant long enough. My thought with Tac Jammer was to encourage more people to shoot the goddamned thing.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Maybe accuracy corrector on bomber for 2 hits every time?

VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (36)
Collision detector (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (36)
Collision detector (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

B/SF-17 Bomber: Crimson Squadron Pilot (28)
Accuracy Corrector (3)

Total: 100/100

Can this list be called somethingawful? Because it is awful in so many ways.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I dumped the accuracy corrector for the baffles and tac jammer. :)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

And also it is "the incredible bulk" and I really wish I owned a bomber so I could paint it purple and green. Then I'd buy two foam green hulk fists and use those instead of the lothal rebels.

But sadly I had to borrow the bomber.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah GS is streaming Detroits regional saturday

That's where I'm gonna be! :toot:

Gonna be taking this list:

quote:

Gold Squadron Pilot (26)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R3-A2 (2), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), "Chopper" (1), Bomb Loadout (0), Twin Laser Turret (6), Guidance Chips (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (24)
Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Flew this in a pre-regionals tourney and practiced against a few other people who are going, and it's been doing really well thus far. It helps that I love flying Y-Wings and, more importantly, I love flying Y-Wings aggressively, and this is a list that really rewards doing everything possible to get and keep guns on target.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 9, 2018

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Such a good list. I'm down with Rebel efficiency. Reckon I'm going to jump on the XXXXZ bandwagon if the title and mods are good.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

And also it is "the incredible bulk" and I really wish I owned a bomber so I could paint it purple and green. Then I'd buy two foam green hulk fists and use those instead of the lothal rebels.

But sadly I had to borrow the bomber.

Oh, I forgot the most important part of the list. Use the RED core set damage deck.

There is a crazy number of cards that don't do jack poo poo to that list beside give a damage

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Oh poo poo I didn’t think of that.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hah, I know you're not using Accuracy Corrector anymore but old core set Blinded Pilot and Accuracy Corrector is fun. Roll no dice, cancel all results, add two hits :v:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Hah, I know you're not using Accuracy Corrector anymore but old core set Blinded Pilot and Accuracy Corrector is fun. Roll no dice, cancel all results, add two hits :v:

Yeah it is. Old school blinded pilot can be really punishing if you can't get arc on something with an arc-based ship, too. Beacuse it only flips down next time you actually get to attack, rather than at your next OPPORTUNITY to attack.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Wapole Languray posted:

Used to be FAA until everyone started running Expertise Rey/Low against it, so now he gets to stress Rey's Expertise away.

Yeah, but then that shuts down his ability cause Rey becomes active after he stressed himself?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I am part of the admin team of a chill facebook x-wing page with about 4000 followers.
There's a dude on there who has been dumping out these raging tirades against the meta, the designers, every player who plays [LIST I HATE], etc.
Turns out he has already been banned from the FFG forums, reddit, and his own local x-wing facebook group. Looking at the level of discourse in both those places, how much of a jerk do you need to be to get banned from reddit of all places?

There's a big difference between making light of the dumb parts of the meta, the rules, and the community vs turning into a crazy street preacher and making rape analogies about a spaceships game. Page is public, not censoring names.

:stare:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, but then that shuts down his ability cause Rey becomes active after he stressed himself?

That's not bad though vs Rey Lowhhrick. Typically, expertise rey is taking old title and an evade every turn. If Rey takes a focus instead because she's planning on being stressed and locking down expertise, then hotcop forces the spend on defense anyway.

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I am part of the admin team of a chill facebook x-wing page with about 4000 followers.
There's a dude on there who has been dumping out these raging tirades against the meta, the designers, every player who plays [LIST I HATE], etc.
Turns out he has already been banned from the FFG forums, reddit, and his own local x-wing facebook group. Looking at the level of discourse in both those places, how much of a jerk do you need to be to get banned from reddit of all places?

There's a big difference between making light of the dumb parts of the meta, the rules, and the community vs turning into a crazy street preacher and making rape analogies about a spaceships game. Page is public, not censoring names.

:stare:

haha that writing style looks like ParaGoombaSlayer from reddit and FFG forums, who has been banned multiple times because he's a huge dick.

• Locked thread