Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Lunch break quickie, had enough of naturalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Your last few GIFs have a really cool Flashback vibe.

yeah i get that a lot

but in this case i was literally thinking about flashback when i made that gif so really good eye

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Al! posted:

when you say factory i assume you mean art factory because i cant imagine you are capible of the kind of amazing daily output you have yet you not doing it for a living.

Prepare to have your imagination expanded: Food product factory. I work a meat product line.
It's a stable income. :shrug:
I got hella daily output 'cause I made the decision to put aside a little time for drawing every day.

I could probably write an entire E/N post on the why and how, but suffice to say that talent and productivity are not enough if you can't apply them and don't know the first thing about design or vectors or whatever. Internet Kraken already said it, doesn't matter if your art is great if no-one sees it. I get people stumbling on my stream regularly who wonder out loud why the stream isn't more popular. Hint: it's 'cause I don't have the time or energy to scour the community making an impression, and I'm not interested in putting on a likeable persona.

I did finish the watercolour painting, excuse the phonepic, it didn't fit in my scanner:

Brush Control: Still there after all these years!
Self Control: Out the window, last seen running for the mountains and picking up speed.
I got a hold of the small brush and my ideas for a subtle band of yellow curliques backed by a dark blue were instantly tossed aside for the chance to diddle in a bunch of tiny tiny spiderleg-scribbles all over the place while my hand screams "more detail = MORE BETTER" while the brain tries to weakly protest that there was a plan, and that sometimes less is more. I think I'll do better next time now that I got some of it out of my system.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Local boy.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I got hella daily output 'cause I made the decision to put aside a little time for drawing every day.

Seeing you and the others in the thread definitely has helped me a lot in getting back into, and keeping at, the daily stuff.

Today: another A2, this time in another outfit, inspired by this here.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/970794643951640582

Also, do yourself a favour and listen to this live concert of the NieR soundtrack.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Todays doodle is fat lil ghost

Something very calming about drawing fat little things.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Pentaro posted:

Local boy.

He is perfect and I will protect him

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Radio du Cambodge posted:

I think it looks cool, I don't know anything about digital brushes but I am always impressed by people building up landscapes and faces and stuff from such fat strokes of color. So different from how I perceive and construct things in my own drawings.

Sorry for your loss.

Here are some sketches from a Surprisingly Good Life Drawing Session during which i felt like i was falling asleep but managed some decent doodles

Just for laughs:

Thank you. I have been enjoying seeing your figure drawing progress.

Added a lot of shading to the hair tonight. The end is in sight.

and a little life drawing.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 6, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Trying out some character design stuff.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Been drawin'.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/971112025156923396
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/971119892815601665

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Reminds me of cool frog.

Been a while since I drew one of these:
https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/971156007949946881

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Hey Drawing Goons, Could I bother you guys for a just a moment. you see, I want to redraw your art.

Let me back up, I’m a professional Background designer, and my friend Max is a Character designer. We’ve both worked for Rick and Morty and other studios including Dreamworks and Disney. We've made a youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted art work. We want you to send us art. and we will redraw it from the perspective of animation professionals. and we’ll make a cool video about it! . Here is a video we just did featuring our friend Brianne (who is also a rick and morty artist) We made some cute Nintendo cartoony stuff. Have a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SLJjVkKXU

We're not here to tell you how to draw. We just make cool videos about how an animator might interpret your drawing, and we'll show you how we did it. we cover lots of Photoshop tips specifically catered to animators and cartoonists.

Here are some examples of the work we've done,

We might even animate your drawing

We also talk about the animation industry and we provide lots of insight about whats its like working in Animation! Head on over to our you tube channel to see all the cool stuff we’ve done!

https://www.youtube.com/bamanimation

If this is the sort of thing you want to participate in, Please send us your art by emailing us : bam.redrawmyart (at)gmail(dot)com

Welp. please continue to post your awesome drawings. and thank you for reading my words.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Shh, Luigi's sleeping.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/971474829739200512

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
My brain is taking me places. I don't know where and I don't hate it, I'm just along for the ride. It's been awhile.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I didn't have time for much today, as I spent most of the evening finishing route C of Nier: Automata again. Either way, it inspired this, so I guess that's good.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/971531135678377984

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Going for a "school friends" set? Don't forget the goth!
First dude says : I am the jock and will go super sayian for my friends. Like a golden lab, but a person.
Second dude says : I will hack your computer with my tech-hand. Uses a fake id to buy smokes.
Did I get them right?

Today a fish.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Still a work in progress, but even though today was kinda lazy overall I feel good about what I did get done.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Going for a "school friends" set? Don't forget the goth!
First dude says : I am the jock and will go super sayian for my friends. Like a golden lab, but a person.
Second dude says : I will hack your computer with my tech-hand. Uses a fake id to buy smokes.
Did I get them right?

Today a fish.

Not quite. Tintin there is the everyman and the other guy a rich burnout. I'm revisiting some old characters for a visual novel.

Anyway, goth is dead. Twentyteens is all about scene kids.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/971654033181216768

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I actually did this months ago, right after Ragnarok came out, but it was for a friend who wanted to try and sell it as a t-shirt. But now it looks like none of the online t-shirt companies are interested, so I'm gonna post it here:

Might be the most ambitious thing I've ever done. Wanted a kind of Drew Struzan look while still a bit grainy and campy, like the Flash Gordon poster.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

...Jeff Goldblum?

(good poster, would hang on wall)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Theokotos posted:

...Jeff Goldblum?

(good poster, would hang on wall)

Yeah, he's the hilarious villain in Thor Ragnarok.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/971893114192433152

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

Anyway, goth is dead.

First of all, how dare you,
second of all, undead undead undead undead.

The effort you put it it shows, you've absolutely nailed the old poster aesthetic. It's kitchy and it's fun.

This is one tubular dawg. Liking the pixelworking then?

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I didn't feel right about entering

Oh hey nevermind that this was days ago it looks pretty hecking sweet and I always wanted to ask what the contest was about and why you decided not to do it? Was it deviantart drama? Please tell me it was deviantart drama. :allears:

My hand slipped and I accidentally drew a dragon again.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I love this. I always like when you have moving lights. A swiveling [?] police red light siren dillybob on top of a police car chasing a car thru dark streets might be fun.

Lol. Don't mind me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Spinster posted:

I love this. I always like when you have moving lights. A swiveling [?] police red light siren dillybob on top of a police car chasing a car thru dark streets might be fun.

Lol. Don't mind me.

ive liked your suggestions so far even though i haven't drawn em yet, but they're def banked :)

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Still a work in progress, but I'm really liking it:

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Oh hey nevermind that this was days ago it looks pretty hecking sweet and I always wanted to ask what the contest was about and why you decided not to do it? Was it deviantart drama? Please tell me it was deviantart drama. :allears:

Nah. I stumbled across something called AnthroChallenge, and I misread the prize info and thought it was how that particular mod selected front page features, but it turned out it was just the front page of the AnthroChallenge group, which isn't really a lot of exposure. Also I think my art's better than a lot of the entries and past winners by a kind of unfair amount, so I just felt kinda iffy about entering it given that I'm not invested in that community and I don't even want the prize that much.

Cool dragon btw

This is really good! These are so hard to do well.

ThePlague-Daemon fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 9, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

al-azad fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 10, 2018

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

al-azad posted:

Yeah, he's the hilarious villain in Thor Ragnarok.

Ah, gotta put that on my movie list then-I was half asleep and my brain only computed the “Flash Gordon” part of your text

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Spinster posted:

Lol. Don't mind me.

Seconding the rotating lights, before the gif loaded I was expecting it to sweep in, left to right, and have a full frame of solid yellow. Lighthouses are very good no matter what, though

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This is one tubular dawg. Liking the pixelworking then?

Yeah! I've been real happy with working within the restrictions that the app I'm using (Dotpict) has on the canvas size and color palettes that just makes it simpler to figure out how to work things out within those options. I also have been getting real frustrated with digital drawing namely trying to outline things where I'll like a sketch I drew, spend a ton of time trying to get the outlining right, hate it, either redo it once or twice and then add color and start liking the drawing again (but still not think the outline looks great really.) I want to get back to drawing digitally and get back to getting into the groove of it but right now I'm just generally finding it easier and more appealing to go to pixel art stuff.

Anyway, here's a dog playing tennis.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/972185028565364737

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I'm feeling better again today.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/972246807584628736

felat
Apr 27, 2008

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Still a work in progress, but I'm really liking it:

This is looking great!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Still plowing pictures into that cancer thread. Changed up subject and style. I am feeling much more confident with my drawing, that's been nice.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

felat posted:

This is looking great!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I really just don't get rocks and this is the final product:

I need to do more rock studies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felat
Apr 27, 2008

The background was way better in the last version, even if it was less detailed. The cool blue values of the bg + the red skin tone of the goblin lizard monster worked really well. The darker values also helped center the attention on the creature.