Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jimmy Hats posted:

Most people in the dev talk are arguing for half pow instead of - 1 die, since the minus 1 die thing makes immunity really useless for the things that rely the most on it (low arm 1 box models)

No, screw them. Getting auto-centered AoEs and e-leaps and stuff on direct hits onto your own models shouldn't be free, imo. Now the immunity at least makes it just very unlikely you'll die to blast damage and immune to auto point effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Are the rules for this new coc caster an Toro on their CiD site? I cannot locate them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

Are the rules for this new coc caster an Toro on their CiD site? I cannot locate them.

They're all in the newest CiD rules pdf, yeah.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I'm trying to even find that pdf, i hate the way the site is laid out. Also I'm a big dumb baby.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Attached to this post: https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/68783-crucible-guard-cid-initial-rules

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

No, screw them. Getting auto-centered AoEs and e-leaps and stuff on direct hits onto your own models shouldn't be free, imo. Now the immunity at least makes it just very unlikely you'll die to blast damage and immune to auto point effects.

It wouldn't be free, it just means your own model would die 50% of the time instead of 83% of the time. E-leaps aren't going to be affected either way, since e-leap targets are pretty much just fireflies, who have a bunch of boxes. Every high level Nemo3 player is (rightly) considering the immunity changes to be a buff.

---

Anyways who gives a poo poo about cygnar or immunities when you can have your redlined Axiom run 14", engage the enemy wardude 2" away, Feat with Locke, cast Engine of Destruction, and then jackhammer away at Mat 9 Pow 23 that gets a free jackhammer every time they use focus/fury to reduce or transfer damage?!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I lied its 2 free jackhammers

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

I lied its 2 free jackhammers

Isn't it one free boosted Jackhammer?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

!Klams posted:

Isn't it one free boosted Jackhammer?

Cant boost a jackhammer. Its free spell + 1 focus (which you then spend on jackhammer)

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

Cant boost a jackhammer. Its free spell + 1 focus (which you then spend on jackhammer)

Ok, but, so, how is it two jackhammers? You can't cast a spell during their turn outside of the feat trigger?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This is on your turn. You're casting a spell and getting a focus when they spend one to reduce damage or transfer, after you've ran your mat 9 (mat 11 really since you're gonna flare their rear end) collossal up from 16" away to engage them

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

It wouldn't be free, it just means your own model would die 50% of the time instead of 83% of the time. E-leaps aren't going to be affected either way, since e-leap targets are pretty much just fireflies, who have a bunch of boxes. Every high level Nemo3 player is (rightly) considering the immunity changes to be a buff.

That depends on the model and the gun, really, but yeah. I was comparing it to now though.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Locke is broken as poo poo, so I'm arguing she's trash on Facebook to amuse myself.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Locke is broken as poo poo, so I'm arguing she's trash on Facebook to amuse myself.

Keep doing God's work

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Jimmy Hats posted:

Anyways who gives a poo poo about cygnar or immunities when you can have your redlined Axiom run 14", engage the enemy wardude 2" away, Feat with Locke, cast Engine of Destruction, and then jackhammer away at Mat 9 Pow 23 that gets a free jackhammer every time they use focus/fury to reduce or transfer damage?!

While this is pretty crazy, I feel like it'd be even easier to get an Inverter there with road to war and his smaller base. Same jackhammer insanity at enough pow with Redline that any caster would need to transfer/shield once, which means you win.

I hadn't even thought about how Locke's Control range will be 16" with the corollary, so good luck keeping your caster back far enough out of Locke's Feat.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

rydiafan posted:

Naturally you're arguing for MAT10 right?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think she'll be perfectly reasonable once she loses jackhammer. Jackhammer on a foc7 with free upkeeps, great defensive stats, and a focus generating feat is insane.

CoC also has the game's cheapest arc nodes

Nighttheii posted:

While this is pretty crazy, I feel like it'd be even easier to get an Inverter there with road to war and his smaller base. Same jackhammer insanity at enough pow with Redline that any caster would need to transfer/shield once, which means you win.

I hadn't even thought about how Locke's Control range will be 16" with the corollary, so good luck keeping your caster back far enough out of Locke's Feat.

Yeah but in the axiom case if they decide to put things that could block the axiom getting in, it just means you get to either go in on those things or safely drag them in and set up for next turn.

Inverter is also lower speed. Just take 2 axioms IMO

E: i havent gone into detail why Sentry on a drag weapon is fukkin dumb but it is

S.J.
May 19, 2008

she'll be subhuman garbage without jackhammer

unplayable trash

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dont troll me bro.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
MonPoc is back, dudes. And in non-collectible, build and paint style models. Did not expect to read THAT today.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
https://youtu.be/WS_J5dv8Tag

And

https://t.co/BxsbVwSdMQ?amp=1

I am legit excited for this.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

OH MY GOD MON POC I WANT IT SO BAD I LOVED THAT GAME

Fyrbrand posted:

MonPoc is back, dudes. And in non-collectible, build and paint style models. Did not expect to read THAT today.

Seriously, what the hell? This is out of nowhere but I'm happy.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 8, 2018

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
PP make a Pacific Rim licensed version of game, thx in advance #bless

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

PP make a Pacific Rim licensed version of game, thx in advance #bless

There are going to be a lot of Gypsy Danger, etc, robots flying around in this game.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm just bummed the old stuff won't work :( I have some unopened boosters I won as a tournament prize. I guess I'll crack them at some point for fun?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm just bummed the old stuff won't work :( I have some unopened boosters I won as a tournament prize. I guess I'll crack them at some point for fun?

Might as well. I still think the original MonPoc had the best pre-painted figs, by far, of any pre painted miniature line I've ever seen.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd be a lot more excited if they were pre painted!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I definitely understand that, but I enjoy painting robots. These look big enough to put some unique unit markings and stuff on without too much trouble. I'm hoping I'll be able to find some scale appropriate civilians/helicopters/etc to put on the tops of the buildings.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

S.J. posted:

There are going to be a lot of Gypsy Danger, etc, robots flying around in this game.

Pff. Cherno Alpha for Great Justice, Comrade!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Trading my menoth for convergence 8=======D

Gonna have 2 prime axiom when its all over...just need to convert the 4 ciphers into monitors and i'm golden...

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Crucible looks good as gently caress and I'm strongly compelled to go with a mini faction due to budget concerns.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The railless are sooo stupid looking though. I was severely disappointed :(

Best crucible guard is actually convergence >:D

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

You just need to slap a Thomas the tank engine face on them and they become 10x better.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The only bad thing about Crucible Guard so far is that Siege got a stupid jetpack instead of being the first tank mounted Warcaster.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

Oh no, are there pictures of the models? I'm kinda glad if they look dumb because the drawing made me achingly jealous, and I can't afford another faction at all.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm talking about the concept drawings on the cid forum theres a whole thing for them.

https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/68831-crucible-guard-solo-battle-engine-concepts

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm talking about the concept drawings on the cid forum theres a whole thing for them.

https://cid.privateerpress.com/forum/rules/model-rules-reference/68831-crucible-guard-solo-battle-engine-concepts

Right, where they look so loving rad I'm considering trading in for them!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Has anyone played any games with Crucible Guard yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

Has anyone played any games with Crucible Guard yet?

Does the new CoC caster count? Because I got two games in against her last week with a six heavy Arkadius list. First game he was a bit too far forward and I feated bottom of one to get two war hogs into him. One killed the colossal (super hot dice) and the other killed an inverter, which led to an immediate concession. We re-racked, and second game had him play cagier, but again he didn't anticipate the right turn for me feating, which lead to him feating a turn too late for maximum value and a loss on scenario immediately afterwards-- dead monitor and colossal, plus an inverter left on one box that died to red line the next turn. I think with some more practice she's practically impossible for me to play into because of the jackhammer hits from the colossal on the feat turn. Though I sort of doubt she survives playtest as she currently is, considering she's just incredible even by A/S tier standards.