Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dr Cheeto posted:

When's the Pearl DLC for Mario Kart?

Pearl would be the Splatoon character in the small size, Marina in the large size, existing inklings stay medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
SPLATOON 2: OCTOLING EXPANSION

Paid DLC, includes a new single player mode where you play as an Octoling. Beat it, and you can play as an octoling in multiplayer! NEW LORE!!!

"Summer 2018" $19.99. Pre-order today for octoling-themed gear TODAY.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

SPLATOON 2: OCTOLING EXPANSION

This is the greatest day of my life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also in today's direct they mentioned a new ranking, Rank X, which seems to kick in above S+10 and has some different matchmaking?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This loving owns. I cannot wait.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
OCTOLINGS YESSS and they're so cute!

Pearl and Marina's new outfits in that trailer look awesome. Also happy to see more creature types and levels and I really liked the song playing and everything about this is amazing.

I guess I'm playing Splatoon forever again.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yep, time for me to play Splatoon 2 again!

Not looking forward to all the Off the Hook updates I need to skip through though.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I can't loving believe it

Playable octolings

Everyone's uncles working at Nintendo told the truth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALso everyone is ignoring the most important update: Callie will show up to hang out with Marie now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was happy about just playable Octolings finally but that new single player mode looks awesome too. I’m glad the game is still getting huge DLC a year later.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That trailer for the expansion was so sick. I didn't expect it at all but I'm really glad they're doing more with the single player, it's super solid and I wanted more of it. Those levels looked crazy too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

queens

this trailer was the best part of the show. all the other weird citizens, the crown and bandana being almost 100% a biggie/tupac reference. i love nintendo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmss5fbjuys

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Drugs-Era Nintendo best Nintendo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• AU/NZ Chicken vs. Egg @ March 10th 13:00 AET
  • US Chicken vs. Egg @ March 9th 20:00 PT / 23:00 ET
  • EU Chicken vs. Egg @ March 10th 15:00 CET

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Some new footage has been revealed by the Squid Lab researchers. It's... amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErkXVWMK_I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope that song winds up in the game for matches.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I want to be a squid researcher when I grow up

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh, also new smash bros with inklings in it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

i hope that song winds up in the game for matches.
Same.

Also there's something about Inklings in Smash that's coming this Summer.
e - goddammit.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Happy Intl Women's Day 😍

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180308006404/en/Super-Smash-Bros.-Series-Heads-Nintendo-Switch

Squid Research Lab posted:

New Single-Player Expansion Coming to Splatoon 2: The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2 this summer. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a hefty new single-player mode that lets players play as new character Agent 8, an Octoling (!) with lost memories. The new single-player campaign features 80 missions, as well as new stories that shed new light on beloved characters. Players that complete the Octo Expansion campaign will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles. While Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion launches this summer, players can pre-purchase the DLC starting today in Nintendo eShop to immediately receive Octo-themed in-game gear to use in battle right away. (The full version of the game is required to use DLC.)

Splatoon 1 and 2 had 32 stages each. :stare:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Man, they put out a lot of content for this game.

if only they could improve the netcode ;_;

edit: At least Rank X means that all of the tryhards won't be in S+ anymore.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 9, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MexicanLuggy/status/971882533167054848

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna guess they're counting weapon alternates as distinct missions because 80 Splatoon levels is pretty bonkers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unless they're like 30 - 60 seconds each which would be tight

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

ALso everyone is ignoring the most important update: Callie will show up to hang out with Marie now.
loving BLESS

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
This expansion is such an amazing surprise, I'm pre-purchasing as soon as I get home from work. gently caress yeah, playable Octolings.

If Cuttlefish is hanging out underground, I wonder how Agent 3 will be involved in the campaign.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Well this made my loving day

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
While we can salivate on the upcoming single player expansion, there's still stuff coming in the shorter period with the 3.0 update coming late April. That's soon.
  • Some old and new stages: Splatoon 1 staples Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and a new stage called Wahoo World.
  • Hundreds of new pieces of gear to wear.
  • New weapons, of course.
  • And probably some tweaks and stuff.

Oh, and apparently it was suggested that more is to come. They're not over this game for some time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Owers posted:

This expansion is such an amazing surprise, I'm pre-purchasing as soon as I get home from work. gently caress yeah, playable Octolings.

If Cuttlefish is hanging out underground, I wonder how Agent 3 will be involved in the campaign.

I assume that Agent 3 is the Inlking at the end of the train the octoling is walking down.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I assume that Agent 3 is the Inlking at the end of the train the octoling is walking down.

Yeah, that's her. That's the exact outfit used for the player character in the single player campaign. And she was mentioned to be on a trip with Cuttlefish in the sunken scrolls.

Also, :supaburn:. Those mad men. They finally did it. Playable Octolings and Inklings in Smash!

They also said that this was the first paid expansion. They're gonna be supporting this baby for quite some time, huh? I guess it's safe to say the content schedule expanded beyond a year for this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

While we can salivate on the upcoming single player expansion, there's still stuff coming in the shorter period with the 3.0 update coming late April. That's soon.
  • Some old and new stages: Splatoon 1 staples Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and a new stage called Wahoo World.
  • Hundreds of new pieces of gear to wear.
  • New weapons, of course.
  • And probably some tweaks and stuff.

Oh, and apparently it was suggested that more is to come. They're not over this game for some time.

They can't be done until saltspray is back

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
We're getting new battle music in this update. Also, Chirp Chips return! :supaburn:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Giving ends to your squids and it felt stupendous

https://imgur.com/gallery/eODIj

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 9, 2018

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

In Training posted:

Also everyone is ignoring the most important update: Callie will show up to hang out with Marie now.

2018 is now good :woomy:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

They're actually bringing Callie back. I'd like to think Trevor with his Daily Callie art helped.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jetpackhewy posted:

They're actually bringing Callie back. I'd like to think Trevor with his Daily Callie art helped.

Thank you Trevor

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

We're getting new battle music in this update. Also, Chirp Chips return! :supaburn:

Awesome. I hope we also get Metalopod back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Thank you Trevor

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Thank you Trevor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I should finish the SP campaign before this comes out.