Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

The windows ones run 6.x and are a nightmare but what you should be doing is running the Honeywell battery sleds on iPod touch's

https://www.honeywellaidc.com/products/enterprise-sleds/captuvo

iPods Touch please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

akadajet posted:

I've had 2 people so far ask me why there's a logo for coffee in the car.

it's because android runs java

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

There Will Be Penalty posted:

it's because android runs java

I wouldn’t say runs, bob

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
id probably use a different verb to describe what android does w.r.t java

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

brap posted:

executes it

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

brap posted:

i'm torn between "gently caress" and "masticate"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

brap posted:

android doesn't do java any favors, and java sure as hell isn't doing android any favors

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i've got a blood kotlin in my arteries

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

akadajet posted:

android doesn't do java any favors, and java sure as hell isn't doing android any favors

remember all this started because google didn't want to pay money to license the jvm that worked great on 233 MHz iPaqs with 64 MB of RAM

there was nothing wrong with mobile java

all of android's java problems are self-inflicted

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I guess this is why tim was so mad the iphone faceplate leaked

quote:

The freshly announced Android P has “display cutout support,” aka notch support. Developers will be able to test how their full-screen apps work with notches through the tools Google is releasing today. This is good and useful because a few of these notch iterations have looked horrible, mainly because the software wasn’t built to consider these cutouts.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim got so mad he did nothing about it and continued to allow leaks to happen

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Ohh clock

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

hey guys Android Echos are now haunted..

http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/07/amazon-echo-users-report-strange-laugh-sound-randomly-played-by-alexa

quote:

Posts to Reddit and Twitter found by Buzzfeed tell of instances where the Amazon Echo Dot, Echo, and other Echo hardware emits a laugh. While Alexa does have a laughing sound available by request, the noise produced in these instances have been described as "evil" and "creepy," unlike the built-in recording.

For some users, they say the sound was produced seemingly by Alexa itself, with no verbal prompting made by nearby listeners. Checks of the companion app also showed no indication that the Echo heard a command, not even a potential response to environmental sounds.

In some cases, users claim the sound has been made as an unexpected response to a standard query. Notably, the sound is stored in the Echo and can be re-heard using the "replay" request, used to play back recently spoken statements made by Alexa.

i hear jeff bezos is using his hotline to the Pope to have him bless the servers or somethin

"alexa, replay"

"MUAHAHAHAHAHAREDJACREDJACREDJACEEVERYBODYDIEDIEDIE"

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 8, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tbh “bezos” sounds like a demon name.........

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Designed by Apple in 2006 California

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Hands-On: A 6.7-inch Stunner

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

infernal machines posted:

It's me im the backwards arrow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m the cut off clock an icon in the top corners

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
oh, apparently android p sdk comes with notch support.

android pee

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The Management posted:

I’m the cut off clock an icon in the top corners

if whatever phone that was had used current software that would have been accounted for but instead of using the android version that explicitly accounts for curved corners they just used whatever modified version they had lying around

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

tbh “bezos” sounds like a demon name.........

more like a hairball imo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

if whatever phone that was had used current software that would have been accounted for but instead … using … android

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i'm in awe at the size of this lad

absolute unit

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the iphone x notch shows apple can still innovate

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

And the apple home pod. The first smart speaker that can stream music.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Don Lapre posted:

And the apple home pod. The first smart speaker that can stream music.

home pod is worse than ipod hifi

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Endless Mike posted:

i'm in awe at the size of this lad

absolute unit

:same:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Froyo widgets are back. Stock OnePlus rom

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Don Lapre posted:

that's a pretty bad use of an ampersand. does google have a language style guide?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

that's a pretty bad use of an ampersand. does google have a language style guide?

yeah it’s all but the last part of
https://twitter.com/cherrikissu/status/972524442600558594

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol a furry with a fat fetish wants to be treated like an adult

akadajet fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 12, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, but they're not wrong, per se

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

lol that you think that wasn’t just written by an engineer.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

akadajet posted:

it's good that you're standing up for yourself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's good that you're standing up for yourself

:unsmith:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

lol that you think that wasn’t just written by an engineer.

let me guess, the widget was one of the last things to go in from that team before release. the developer sent the strings going into their components to the technical writers quite close to the deadline for sending messages to the translators, and since everyone was rushing to make code complete, the tech writers were swamped. the assigned reviewer took a quick glance at the file, asked "were you present for the yearly message education? alright, i think this will be good enough." before approving sight more-or-less unseen.

am i close?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I saw a pixel commercial yesterday about this old lady who is actually a ~*super cool DJ*~

it was real bad

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

akadajet posted:

it feels something like 50% of twitter is furries these days. or at least just the poo poo that tends to get posted here in yospos. i dunno its weird.

Don Lapre posted:

i've never really used android and have no idea what this means

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

it feels something like 50% of twitter is furries these days. or at least just the poo poo that tends to get posted here in yospos. i dunno its weird.

i've never really used android and have no idea what this means

Assuming you have been using ios all this time and not Symbian S60, android can have more than icons on the screen. It can also have widgets that do poo poo like show weather or email or whatever the gently caress.

The one in the photo is from android 2.2 and somehow oneplus released it by default onto a beta rom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

old thing new, I guess like Apple randomly throwing in some skeuomorphisms or smth? also lol for using one plus, they’ve been repeatedly found to phone home with insecurely sent personally identifying data