Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Captain Toad makes more sense on 3DS than Wii U, I just wish it was a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Captain Toad makes more sense on 3DS than Wii U, I just wish it was a good game.

Mods, ban this filth.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

It....is?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new WarioWare game has fully voiced characters, by the way.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Waltzing Along posted:

Mods, ban this filth.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Captain Toad is my hero

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Captain Toad is an inspiration to all but his game does not do him justice

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Your wish has been granted. :wink:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad they're making 3DS games into 2019 personally

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Captain Toad is a great introduction to gaming.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm glad they're making 3DS games into 2019 personally

It’s cool but I really wish WarioWare and the Luigi’s Mansion remake were on Switch.

Bowser’s Inside Story remake is cool but somewhat unnecessary imo. It is pretty funny that they just skipped over Partners in Time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is pretty funny that they just skipped over Partners in Time.

They know

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess Next Level's doing the Luigi's Mansion remake, huh? I wonder if it'll have 3D, my assumption is it doesn't but it's a game that was literally made for stereoscopic 3D and they did say Captain Toad will have it, so who knows.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's probably just using the engine for LM2, so on this one case it would be pretty odd not to have 3D considering the groundwork's already there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, that's my hope, and that they support New 3DS because the framerate in Dark Moon was all over the place.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
After today's Nintendo direct that there's still a lot of cool stuff to play on 3DS so I'm finally going to cave in and get an N3DS or N2DS. I was looking up SD card stuff and people say if you format a 64 gig SD card it works. Does this still work and does it work flawlessly? I want to make sure I don't buy a big rear end card and it works like half the time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It works flawlessly once reformatted. Been using a 64gb card for a few years now with zero problems.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Note that you need a special tool to format it, the 3DS requires FAT32 and Windows built in formatter won't let you format an SD card larger than 32GB to that.

This does the job: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I can't believe they're bringing back that boring Minion Quest gameplay for the BIS remake. :geno:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

It's probably just using the engine for LM2, so on this one case it would be pretty odd not to have 3D considering the groundwork's already there.

It's also not exactly an intense game to render. The most you'll ever see moving is Luigi, whatever he's vacuuming, or maybe two ghosts at the same time. If they can do 3D with the sequel, they'll have no problem with the original.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I remember being on a plane when playing the Fawful battle in BIS. I wonder what that looked like to other people. Would've made a great DS ad.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I never played BiS on the DS so I am extremely ready for the remake.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

To many, it is the best one

It is at least a drat good game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I remember the final boss music for that game coming out of nowhere and blowing me away.

Yoko Shimomura is so good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
BIS is good, but for those of your that skipped out on the SS remake, don't expect the gameplay of Jr.'s Journey to be anything riveting. Minion Quest in SS got very grindy towards the end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Based on the SS remake it probably won't happen, but it would be nice if Bowser got his own boss fight arena. I wanna fight upgraded versions of the bosses Bowser fights.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

They already have a new portable device. It's called the Switch, and it's been selling like hotcakes.

It's also got a lot of good games and it's getting the next Pokemon game if what's already on the thing doesn't convince you. So... just get a Switch? Then you won't have to juggle two different platforms to play the Nintendo games you like!

I don't got a spare $300 lying around for a new console with four hours of battery life thank you very much :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Parrotine posted:

I don't got a spare $300 lying around for a new console with four hours of battery life thank you very much :colbert:

The battery life on Switch isn’t a really big deal even if you play it portable only. I swear my N3DSXL just does marginally better.

If Nintendo is going to keep supporting the 3DS well into 2019, they really should do a system update to remove that Miiverse icon on the home screen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, or bring back Miiverse

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

The battery life on Switch isn’t a really big deal even if you play it portable only. I swear my N3DSXL just does marginally better.

If Nintendo is going to keep supporting the 3DS well into 2019, they really should do a system update to remove that Miiverse icon on the home screen.

What games are you running on your 3DS if it's running marginally better than a Switch? 3DS has a good 15-ish hours of battery life on a single charge, that's a lot better than 4.

You're either downloading blu-rays on your 3DS or using your Switch very frugally my friend

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I always play with 3D on and get maybe 4 hours on my XL.

How the hell are you getting 15 hours? Playing on the lowest brightness with 3D off and no sound?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 9, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've had my New 3DS since New 3DSes were a thing and mine can barely get an hour on a full charge after years of use.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Parrotine posted:

What games are you running on your 3DS if it's running marginally better than a Switch? 3DS has a good 15-ish hours of battery life on a single charge, that's a lot better than 4.

You're either downloading blu-rays on your 3DS or using your Switch very frugally my friend

Are you sure you're thinking of 3DS and not DS? 3DS has notoriously bad battery life, and 4 hours is a lot more realistic than 15.

I've owned a 2DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS and a New 2DS XL, and for all of those it's always hovered at around 4 hours of gameplay. My old DSi XL could do 15 hours.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

BIS is a strange one to remake alright considering it's already playable on the 3DS. I guess it's not necessarily easy to find copies though, and there's no DS games on the eShop.

Also yeah the 3DS battery life is terrible, even in sleep mode. The Switch is a huge improvement in that regard. The battery is only 3-4 hours if you're playing something really intensive like BOTW.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

BIS is a strange one to remake alright considering it's already playable on the 3DS. I guess it's not necessarily easy to find copies though, and there's no DS games on the eShop.

Also yeah the 3DS battery life is terrible, even in sleep mode. The Switch is a huge improvement in that regard. The battery is only 3-4 hours if you're playing something really intensive like BOTW.

TBH they might just want to do an actual overhaul; SSS was pretty much 1:1 on a surface level but there were tons of little refinements mechanically. I’d be pretty hype for Mario and Luigi to have different Bros Moves. Plus BIS was the one to start slowing poo poo way the gently caress down for tutorials, that’ll instantly make it worth making if they just replace all of those with “well you can just read the handy dandy tutorial at literally every instant”.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think the 3ds battery is fine. But I turn it off when I'm not using it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

I think the 3ds battery is fine. But I turn it off when I'm not using it.

but you're missing out on all those hot hot streetpasses!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kaubocks posted:

but you're missing out on all those hot hot streetpasses!!

No I'm not.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Is it gay if my 3ds only streetpasses with other 3ds units owned by me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Yeah. You should also connect a router set up as dedicated 3DS Homepass.