Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Erebus posted:

Boy you really can just post anything on Twitter and people buy it huh

Let me tell you about Trump and The Gorilla Channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

this is good and I'll be sad if someone defends funko pops

i'm not here to defend funko pops but i am here to point out that there's already an entire loving line of RPO funko pops

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I thought this meant it was going to be an animated series, but looking at the wiki page it says it's live-action :(

I wonder how these visuals will translate to the real world.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I thought this meant it was going to be an animated series, but looking at the wiki page it says it's live-action :(

I wonder how these visuals will translate to the real world.

Well, that’s disappointing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh poo poo, I didn't know this was happening so soon

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
game master anthony is dead and we are in hell

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Hell in an internet tshirt where they mash two videogame properties.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
and Sean Hannity

gently caress off Sorbo. Dude could've just taken the Hercules money and bought a few Pizza Hut franchises instead of whatever the gently caress he's trying to do these days with this religious propaganda.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Basebf555 posted:

and Sean Hannity

gently caress off Sorbo. Dude could've just taken the Hercules money and bought a few Pizza Hut franchises instead of whatever the gently caress he's trying to do these days with this religious propaganda.

I'm pretty sure he's trying to make money.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They managed to put out posters where each new one makes you want to punch the protagonist in the face with increasing zeal. Amazing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrBling posted:

He made plenty of money on Hercules, certainly enough that if he needs money now then he did not invest it wisely. So because of that we now have to have this bullshit inflicted on us because he can't get legit acting work anymore.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
lol it's cool man you don't have to watch it

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parachute posted:

lol it's cool man you don't have to watch it

The fact that it exists pisses me off. Probably not enough on its own to post about it but then Hannity on the poster was the last straw.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
what are the odds on hannity playing himself doing an interview with someone?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MrBling posted:

He's been trying to break into politics recently, presumably because without the boogieman of atheist Muslim communist Obama to rebel against the entire audience for performative Christian Real America films has been withering on the vine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps he honestly wants to evangelise. Of course, I question the worth of any of these movies as evangelical tools when the only people who ever go to see them are already all Christians anyway.

It's like contrasting Left Behind with A Thief In the Night, which is a series of Christian movies about the End Times from the 1970s. The latter is aimed at Christians and its message is, "This is what will happen to you if you aren't right with God," while the former is saying, "You're in the clear; this is what will happen to those people you don't like. Lol."

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 8, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

The fact that it exists pisses me off. Probably not enough on its own to post about it but then Hannity on the poster was the last straw.

Just pretend that Sorbo's stroke is the thing that made him a conservative rear end in a top hat and that he wasn't before. It helps me continue to unabashedly love Hercules, at least.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

feedmyleg posted:

Just pretend that Sorbo's stroke is the thing that made him a conservative rear end in a top hat and that he wasn't before. It helps me continue to unabashedly love Hercules, at least.

Isn't this basically what happened though? Like, he was normal before that (probably still Christian but to an "average 90s American" extent) and went crazy born-again after his stroke nearly killed him?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Isn't this basically what happened though? Like, he was normal before that (probably still Christian but to an "average 90s American" extent) and went crazy born-again after his stroke nearly killed him?

I'm not sure but I know he returned to Hercules and it went on for another season or two at least, so he didn't just immediately jump right into producing Christian stuff.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I dunno but isn't that literally the plot to this film.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Parachute posted:

what are the odds on hannity playing himself doing an interview with someone?

Either that or an evil liberal TV pundit. But considering how often people associate actors with their characters, probably not a good idea.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sorbo has become a hardcore right wing bigot.

But we got this out of it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/971641207574048769

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Having a real hard time seeing that lens flair as anything other than a set of hi-beams bearing down on this jackass just standing in the middle of the road.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Oh sweet more chinese market geostorm posters!

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Fart City posted:

Having a real hard time seeing that lens flair as anything other than a set of hi-beams bearing down on this jackass just standing in the middle of the road.

Replace the title with god's not dead and it works.

Henker
May 5, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not here to defend funko pops but i am here to point out that there's already an entire loving line of RPO funko pops

The most cursed image on the internet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where’s the big fat pizza stained one?

(Behind the camera)

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
They have really, really hosed up with the marketing for RPO. It's kind of impressive just how bad it is.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

el oso posted:

They have really, really hosed up with the marketing for RPO. It's kind of impressive just how bad it is.

All the better to appeal to the faceless, mindless masses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Henker posted:

The most cursed image on the internet.

Art3mis.

Do you guys remember when people would replace letters with numbers in their name? Do you remember when that was a thing?

If you do remember that, you earned one point.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

lmao whats wrong with his feet

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Art3mis.

Do you guys remember when people would replace letters with numbers in their name? Do you remember when that was a thing?

I remember.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Art3mis.

Oh good, I can use that point to jab out my eyes so I don’t have to risk seeing another piece of RPO advertising or worse yet somehow see it by complete accident

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
I promised my boyfriend I'd see RPO with him before I actually read any excerpts from the book. Good god, that writing is dire.

As for why he liked it so much, I chalk it up to the fact that this is the first book I've seen him read in the entire year and a half I've known him, and he probably doesn't know what kind of writing quality is expected from novels for adults. At least the Handbook for Mortals lady figured out she needed to label her book a YA novel to keep expectations low.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wildeyes posted:

I promised my boyfriend I'd see RPO with him before I actually read any excerpts from the book. Good god, that writing is dire.

As for why he liked it so much, I chalk it up to the fact that this is the first book I've seen him read in the entire year and a half I've known him, and he probably doesn't know what kind of writing quality is expected from novels for adults. At least the Handbook for Mortals lady figured out she needed to label her book a YA novel to keep expectations low.

Dump him.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
That's one way to get out of seeing it

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

preferably in a river after wrapping him in plastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I just can't wait to see what the wave of RP1 fanboys will be like. Forget Avatar, Twilight or Rick and Morty fans, this will be an entirely new level.