Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Won't training yourself to use that abomination completely gently caress up your ability to type on a regular qwerty keyboard with a sane layout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eschaton posted:

Dutch wooden keyboard

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
quit shaming this guy’s preferred ergonomics and start shaming him properly for that 1u space key

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

BONGHITZ posted:

do you type on those or are they some kind of shoe?

they actually double as cutting boards. having two is smart and a great way to avoid cross contamination.

ace purchase op.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

r u ready to WALK posted:

Won't training yourself to use that abomination completely gently caress up your ability to type on a regular qwerty keyboard with a sane layout

yeah it took me a month to get to speed on my ergodox infinity and then another two weeks to be able to switch between it and a normal keyboard

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i have seen the future

https://gizmodo.com/new-patent-hints-that-apple-could-get-rid-of-physical-k-1823513657

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wrap it up mechanical keyboardailures

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tim: WHERE ARE YOUR CRUMBS NOW?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bobbilljim posted:

i have had sex .... ... ....

with my keyboard

loving your keyboard is more properly known as getting a yospos handjibber

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
Kinesis advantage is the best keyboard, possibly exceeded only by the maltron

once you go to the bowls you never wanna go back

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
advantage + dvorak. this is important.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hed posted:

It came. These Matias loud switches sound like my C64... I'm up to like 4 wpm again.

nice man

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Hed posted:

It came. These Matias loud switches sound like my C64... I'm up to like 4 wpm again.

a shameful lack of bowls in this photo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the cable connections on mechanical keyboards og my god they leave a lot to be deisred

whats the samsung phone connector called? coz it should be called poo poo

you know a good USB connector

type b

this on the back of ya keyboard isnt going to fall out

but jesus christ

anyway lmao at getting good at a keyboard style that isnt rhe same as 99% of boards out there

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

it'd be cool if you could run a keyboard from a 3.5mm audio jack

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
run a Lisa keyboard through a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter

duh

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

thanks thread, you broke me

it only took 2 years and 6 months

:norway:

I have enough caps for another keyboard but I need a better base to put them in

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

are those real nixie tubes?

e: phoneposting so the pics are small

President Beep fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 8, 2018

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

oops I just noticed the X is on upside down

also yes those nixies ensure that my phone loses the WiFi signal when I sit at my desk

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I’m the MT-32

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fully sick my dude

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

not at all

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

that's pretty rad, but what's the green and blue underlit thing in the background?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

maybe, I go between standard and split ergo now with no problem, and I figured I'd have the same issue with an ergo dox or kinesis.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dodoman posted:

Atleast make the backlights one colour or something cause goddamn that is :vomarine:

it's got a bunch of really dumb color schemes builtin, or I can make my own if I want to janitor my keyboard

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

fully sick my dude

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Hed posted:

that's pretty rad, but what's the green and blue underlit thing in the background?

https://i.imgur.com/yPG8UiT.mp4

Corsair K95 with translucent front printed black keycaps from maxkeyboard.
The legends are completely unreadable unless the room is brightly lit, which is annoying as hell because the extra G keys on the left make it hard to hit the correct home position for your hands on the first try.

It intimidates and prevents other people from using my computer though which is good.

Corsair ported their RGB software to MacOS, I hope my garish blinged out hackintosh haunts Jony's dreams.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

god drat. that’s a glorious battle station.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

The legends are completely unreadable unless the room is brightly lit, which is annoying as hell because the extra G keys on the left make it hard to hit the correct home position for your hands on the first try.

It intimidates and prevents other people from using my computer though which is good.

Corsair ported their RGB software to MacOS, I hope my garish blinged out hackintosh haunts Jony's dreams.

your keeb is as cool as your nixie tube clock.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lol

lmbo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LochNessMonster posted:

your keeb is as cool as your nixie tube clock.

savage burn

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Gonna try converting my cheap cm storm base from mx brown to kailh box navy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWtKJDY9Aqk

I'd love to build something from scratch but I can't find a bare PCB and case for a 105-key ISO layout

pram
Jun 10, 2001

goldmine

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
christ almighty I want that clock so badly

awesome keeb too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HOLY poo poo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

oh my god dude why

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you know that hunter thompson line about the drug collection in fear and loathing? it's that but with keyboards

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

oh my god dude why

Because computers are dumb toys for nerds and we should all embrace it and stop pretending to have good taste or social skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

I hate this but I think I love how intentionally excessive it is???