Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Alright folks time to take down your lovely Steiners that no one wants to use anyway, and put back up your A2's/TGC's with beast killer tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I went into the FF9 exploration trial expecting another Aranea-level bullshit fight. Instead, VotD + TGC friend just blew the thing up in one turn with no real issue.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

McSpankWich posted:

Alright folks time to take down your lovely Steiners that no one wants to use anyway, and put back up your A2's/TGC's with beast killer tia

What's that? You want Steiner back up? You got it!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Office Thug posted:

I went into the FF9 exploration trial expecting another Aranea-level bullshit fight. Instead, VotD + TGC friend just blew the thing up in one turn with no real issue.

Yeah, i went in with 2 OKs, Chow, WoL and Roy expecting to need to get all my buffs set up, instead the OKs OTKOed the guy. I will say though that I think the last Exploration that had any kind of bullshit boss was that FF2 one with Golbez, who casted Death on you, and it's been ages since then. Surprisingly Gumi seems to have figured out that spending 15 minutes getting through an exploration to get RNGed by a boss is bad design.

Also, leave your Beatrix/Eikos up people the raid boss isn't that hard either, though I suppose I don't really care as I cleared everything I wanted from King Mog after hitting the trifecta of triple bonus encounters back to back. God, how I wish you could break larger crysts into the smaller ones.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Yeah I use Amelia with Demon Horn(hush, I like using her as a chainer), and OK with Ifrit and the raid boss is really easy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

meteor9 posted:

The strategy of "roll a hundred times per banner to make your characters not useless" and "apply the cryst grind for enhancing characters in this game to EVERY SINGLE ABILITY IN FFRK or else good luck dealing any damage beyond your second turn"? Along with the other strategy of "mentally keep up with the invisible enemy ATB" I mean.

I'm sorry but FFRK was a miserable slog and the day I finally booted up FFBE was the final nail in RK's coffin, for me anyway. I'll gladly take the minimal luck I've had with this game and it's honest-to-goodness turn based system over rng-heavy ATB fuckery any day.

Edit: That was probably over the top, but it's been stewing in my head every time I see FFRK come up in this thread as some sort of beacon of non-lovely mobile-gaming. Like, that horribly unoptimized, mythril-scant piece of crap? For real?

Don't worry, this is almost exactly how I feel about FFRK.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, i went in with 2 OKs, Chow, WoL and Roy expecting to need to get all my buffs set up, instead the OKs OTKOed the guy. I will say though that I think the last Exploration that had any kind of bullshit boss was that FF2 one with Golbez, who casted Death on you, and it's been ages since then. Surprisingly Gumi seems to have figured out that spending 15 minutes getting through an exploration to get RNGed by a boss is bad design.

Also, leave your Beatrix/Eikos up people the raid boss isn't that hard either, though I suppose I don't really care as I cleared everything I wanted from King Mog after hitting the trifecta of triple bonus encounters back to back. God, how I wish you could break larger crysts into the smaller ones.

I don't mind hard fights at all but give me a save point before the boss Gumi

edit: Golbez should be hard, also give me 5* base Golbez and not just the FFIV TAY version

Victis fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 9, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Most of that is opinion, but I’ll take issue with mythril-scant. We’re less than three months away from an event where if you put the time in you could farm roughly 1k mythril. The FFBE equivalent would be Gumi allowing players to grind out 100,000 lapis in a couple weeks.

Oh and the banners all have a guaranteed 5* so they’re not really comparable. Plus FFRK gets events like the festival starting tonight with deals like the 15 3-pulls each with a guaranteed 5* for 5 mythril each.

Oh and FFRK is buttery smooth on iOS.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Free pull of the day gave me Aileen #2. Bring on her 7* version. :toot:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My iOS compensation was an EX ticket I got from the points from buying the fountain of lapis turning into Ramza. Two questions. I have Roy and enhanced Soleil, any reason to enhance Ramza? Is Brave Suit BiS for anybody notable? I know it was a while ago, but with new materia and equipment I'm not sure how great it is anymore.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I noticed there's a Bowie Knife reward in the Raid, does anyone use that as BIS anymore?

BGrifter posted:

Oh and FFRK is buttery smooth on iOS.
Is that why it loads so badly on Android?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I used a regular ticket for the heck of it on the tomb raider banner, and out of a gold->rainbow crystal came this:

I will accept this as compensation.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Victis posted:

edit: Golbez should be hard, also give me 5* base Golbez and not just the FFIV TAY version

Why would you not want Golbez who's basically stopped wearing clothes?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I'll leave my 100% Ice / 200% water resist Mystea up for people who want to clear Leviathan 2*. Just be sure to apply ATK/MAG breaks on him otherwise he'll just destroy her with his non-elemental magic AoE.

My MVPs for that fight were VotD (full-break and party physical damage mitigation), Ayaka (stop removal and reraise), and Mystea. I also had Roy and Wilhelm who were nice bonuses but ultimately not super necessary; you could bring some MP Scroll items if you need MP, Enhanced Soleil for a full-buff with ATK and MAG breaks attached, and then your choice of WoL to help take some ST physical hits with provoke or an AoE reraiser like Rikku/Yan. The fight won't take much more than 10 turns with two Divine Ruination+2/Dark Punishment chainers, attacking every 2 turns or so, and at least one of them with Aquan Killer.

Just keep in mind that if you go hard-turtle on him you'll need to rush him down once he gets to 60% health or less. At that point he'll use Sealing Foam, after which he can literally just do Bubbles of Rage + Sealing Foam every turn, which is a combination insta-kill on Mystea if her cover procs, or on your provoke tank if it doesn't, and then 20% chance Stop on each party member. Things can start going south fast if you get a couple "Protect" cycle turns in a row on top of Mystea being perpetually murdered without having the chance to cover against the Protect cycle's magic attacks, so try to kill him asap.

My friend code is 209,464,963, feel free to add me and ping me on discord if you're waiting for an invite!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I have an army of rainbows, I got explorer Aileen as my daily, and I’d still kill for a Cid.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Once you have one you just want another

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Acelerion posted:

Yeah, I'm going to try to pull a second one by the time the raid is over if I don't get another one naturally. Her TMR is super useful just for having 2 LB per turn + 20% HP, and it's basically free.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I did two 10+1 pulls and got two loving tidii. I haven't used one of them even though I farmed his TMR.

His STMR seems interesting though

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Been a loving weird few weeks in terms of rainbows for me. I was on a ~100 pull dry spell then pulled 2 off-banner Promptos, my 3rd Prishe, Duke, and Lunera. What the hell.

Prishe, Duke and Lunera came from the free daily. Prompto #1 from the 10+1 ticket given out at the end of the month and Prompto #2 from pulling on the FFIX banner.

... I just want an Ace. :(

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I have an enhanced Ace and literally never use him.

You aren’t missing much.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

I have an enhanced Ace and literally never use him.

You aren’t missing much.

I use mine all the time for his giant imperil and on-cast MP refresh

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
There hasn't been any hint of Fryevia's enhancements yet has there? We're closing in on the Sephiroth banner, which means Lila and all her hilariously broken glory. Unless Gumi nerf the poo poo out if Lila (entirely possible if not a guarantee) she's going to outshine even an enhanced Fryevia unless Fryevia gets some truly insane buffs.

Acelerion posted:

Can confirm. Pulled Aileen #2 today but I still want a 2nd VoD (or even Cid) so I can evolve them when the time comes to team with my eventual 7* Rem and Fryevia, and maybe luck in to a 2nd Wilhem at some point.

e: Had a 10+1 ticket I hadn't spent yet. Got Mercenary Ramza #1 among the dupes. :confuoot:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

HGH posted:

Is that why it loads so badly on Android?

Yeah the Android version is comically awful compared to the iOS one. The iOS one even sometimes kicks into a mode where everything runs at smooth as silk 60fps.

It’s amazing how opinions on FFRK vs FFBE seem to depend almost as much on which phone you have as the games themselves. Android users have easier access to macros and for large chunks of time had easier access to chaining glitches in FFBE, pushing Android owners that direction.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Got a rainbow from a ticket pull. My first Tidus, which isn’t too bad. I’ll take it.

25 tickets and two 11 pulls later and I got Aileen!!! Regular ol’ Non-Explorer Aileen. It’s my second so I suppose I’m ready for her 7*

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Haven't seen a rainbow since Doge.

That's what 2...3 weeks?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Had a 10+1 ticket I hadn't spent yet. Got Mercenary Ramza #1 among the dupes. :confuoot:

Pull another one and you'll have a badass 7* tank.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Acelerion posted:

It’s true. And until/unless I pull Loren #2, she’s a hard lock for my first 5* of choice - however they handle that for us.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
had a several week dry spell on rainbows as well. finally got one today on a random ticket — dark fina #2. does she have a 7* form yet and, if so, how terrrible is it?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only good thing she has is on demand 120% dark imperil

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

PaybackJack posted:

I think they honestly didn't expect to get their app straight up blocked and now they're blaming Apple, and claiming the situation is "out of their control" on Facebook. Very clearly they're trying to drive people against Apples new policy, by extolling how the game runs fine on Android and they can't control what Apple does. I'm counting down the minutes in this before they release a statement talking about how unfair it is they have to play by Apple's rules and how it hurts them as a poor little company just trying to make a product that people want...

Thankfully it doesn't look like too many users are falling for this, and the blame is pretty squarely on Gumi.

No, the Apple app store really is that loving absurd and obtuse from a developer perspective. They operate on their own time and it's infuriating.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got an Explorer Aileen this morning. So that's neat. Chains ahoy!

Basically giving everyone two Laras is pretty nice for newer people, I mean, unless she can't chain with herself...?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got an Explorer Aileen this morning. So that's neat. Chains ahoy!

Basically giving everyone two Laras is pretty nice for newer people, I mean, unless she can't chain with herself...?

Sup getting-Explorer-Aileen-today buddy!

I don't have regular Aileen but at least now I have someone who could chain off a friend Aileen if I so desired. Not a fantastic pull, but I gotta admit I have a hard on for units that have the Treasure Hunter type abilities.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I have aileen and tidus I haven't even bothered to level. Mostly due to my finely curated list of friendlandeaus

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I got a rainbow on today's half price too! My third Gilgamesh. Dammit.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Sup getting-Explorer-Aileen-today buddy!

I don't have regular Aileen but at least now I have someone who could chain off a friend Aileen if I so desired. Not a fantastic pull, but I gotta admit I have a hard on for units that have the Treasure Hunter type abilities.

She's alright for slapping down event bosses if you have an Enhanced Aileen of your own. However her main appeal is she comes with a two-in-one 50% ATK/MAG break. You bring ExAileen to Levi 2* and use her break on him, and his entire damage output is reduced by 76%, and your tanks barely even sweat afterwards.

That break makes her a better support unit than 9S on turn 1 for serious poo poo, since 9S has his 50% ATK and MAG breaks separated into two different abilities. 9S is still better than ExAileen as a support unit due to his LB and the fact that he comes with a party damage mitigation buff. But just think for a second how ridiculous it is that a Chainer unit can actually out-perform a Pure Support unit under such an important circumstance as your turn 1 tank setup.

The fact that she comes out almost in the same state as VotD+2 as a breaker+chainer unit, without a single drop of ability crysts/gil spent to upgrade her, is pretty amazing.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I got a rainbow on today's half price too! My third Gilgamesh. Dammit.

I pulled Greg 3 yesterday. Even with 2 Genji, Aeseome Swordsman, Bowie Knife and 2 Dual Wields, I was glad to see another Genji.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You 3 Greg people are just 1 short of a genji helm!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, people are killing this raid. Can't remember the last time the bonus went up so fast.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KDdidit posted:

Man, people are killing this raid. Can't remember the last time the bonus went up so fast.

It's easy. I'm a pathetic rank 53 and I can down elite with any ol damage buddy in a few turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KDdidit posted:

I wonder if global will ever hit the max rank for a raid. Even with the crazy bot poo poo awhile back I don't think global hit the cap.

e: Man I really love how "kill X with magic" challenges are a complete shitshow now. Do a chain and throw in 4 spells, most of which hit in during the chain with the target dead (and all hit during the chain)? No credit gently caress you.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 11, 2018

• Locked thread