Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Retardog posted:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. The leather straps that hold his shield on his back or the abdomen area that’s usually red and white, but is just dirty?

It was mostly just a lame joke but it also looks like they has added more ridges to the top and bottom of the abdomen area which when dirty made it look like it was blending more into his belt area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of lame jokes

quote:

Todd Phillips’ planned “Joker” origin movie will portray Batman’s arch-nemesis as a failed 1980s comedian who becomes the clown prince of crime after bombing with audiences, insiders exclusively told TheWrap.

Many fans scratched their heads when news first broke that Martin Scorsese, who has eschewed superhero films in the past, would be a producer of the film. But his involvement makes more sense given his work on 1982’s “King of Comedy,” which starred Robert De Niro as a deluded comedian who can’t catch a break. The Joker origin story will include nods to that film, insiders told TheWrap.

Joaquin Phoenix is close to a deal to play the Joker in Phillips’ film, which will show audiences laughing at the Joker instead of with him. The film is eyeing a mid- to late-2018 production start, but an insider with knowledge of the project said it could be delayed by rewrites, which are currently underway by Phillips and “8 Mile” veteran Scott Silver.

https://www.thewrap.com/todd-phillips-joker-batman-80s-comedian-scorsese-king-of-comedy-scorcese/

So they're taking a bit from the Killing Joke.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It was called Entertainment and had Greg T in it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

corn in the bible posted:

It was called Entertainment and had Greg T in it

Pretty much.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
was that what that was about? Still need to watch Entertainment if it's worth the time. I saw The Comedy and thought it was fine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Wasn't there talk of Tom Cruise playing the mentor role in that Green Lantern Corps movie?

They could make Hal die but he can return later as The Spectre.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Everyone is wondering where the soul stone is now because it wasn't in Black Panther but I think it's obviously still in Wakanda and is the reason for all of their spiritual powers it just wasn't mentioned. Why the gently caress else would the big fight happen there?

Yes, there's certainly no way this series would have characters from different movies interact without a good reason.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/971874196878962690

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MSJ posted:

They could make Hal die but he can return later as The Spectre.

NOT ON GEOFF JOHNS' WATCH!!!!!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Last I checked he's not in charge of the whole DCEU anymore.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

1) Vin Diesel is playing Valiant's Bloodshot.
http://deadline.com/2018/03/vin-diesel-bloodshot-movie-sony-comic-book-dave-wilson-eric-heisserer-1202320751/

2) Rob Liefeld is bringing EXTREME to Netflix.
http://deadline.com/2018/03/deadpool-rob-liefeld-extreme-universe-netflix-film-deal-1202320054/

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I hope he's just Gallagher.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Last I checked he's not in charge of the whole DCEU anymore.

Johns was still billed as president of DC Entertainment back in January when Walter Hamada was named president of DC Films.

quote:

The ascension takes place after the December departure of Warner Bros.' co-president of production Jon Berg, who was the studio's point man for its DC movies. Berg is now a partner at Vertigo, the production shingle run by producer Roy Lee.

Hamada will focus on Warners' slate of upcoming films based on superheroes and villains, as well as titles based on other characters and stories also licensed from DC. He will work closely with Geoff Johns, the president and chief creative officer of DC Entertainment who worked side-by-side with Berg, while also drawing resources from both Warners and New Line.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-movies-find-new-president-it-conjuring-executive-1071435

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

That is such better casting than the earlier proposed Jared Leto would have been.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How do you do Vin as Bloodshot without just doing Riddick?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Like it's going to be as good as Chronicles of Riddick

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

...why...isn't...it going to be Riddick? Only Bloodshot?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What is wrong with this?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In other news, firmly continuing WB TV's tradition when casting of older actors, Sabrina's principal in her Netflix series will be played by Balki Bartokomus himself.
http://deadline.com/2018/03/bronson-pinchot-netflix-sabrina-series-recurring-1202320876/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Liefeld's work seems like a good opportunity to make whatever while being able to market it as a comic book movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/972122803544690688

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think Wiig will be Cheetah, I think she will be Veronica Cale, who creates Cheetah in this version

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I’m down. She really showed some real dramatic range in The Skeleton Twins, so I’m excited to see what she does here.

(Assuming we don’t get the female equivalent of The Riddler from Batman Forever, that is)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wiig's dramatic range is underrated but it's somewhat out of fashion to have the hero as the straight-man (straight-woman) anymore.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Who wore it better?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there even a physical Iron Man suit at this point or does he just wear a mocap suit and they add it digitally?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jimbot posted:

Is there even a physical Iron Man suit at this point or does he just wear a mocap suit and they add it digitally?

Yeah, kinda.

(Infinity War set photo).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They paint over the physical components too, they're just there to reference light levels and reflections and such for the rest.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Was it always like that? I could have sworn they talked about a full-body or at least a bigger upper-body thing they used for the first one. I should really watch that making-of again.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jimbot posted:

Was it always like that? I could have sworn they talked about a full-body or at least a bigger upper-body thing they used for the first one. I should really watch that making-of again.

(Iron Man 2)

Regarding Iron Man 2, Studio Daily posted:

F&V: How and why did you push digital costuming further?

On the first Iron Man, we tried to use the Legacy and Stan Winston suits as much as we could. For the second one, Jon [Favreau] was confident we could create the CG suits, and the action dictated using them. So, Legacy created what we called the “football suits” from the torso up with a chest plate and helmet. We’d usually put in some arm pieces, but not the whole arm.

In the house fight sequence, where [Iron Man] Robert Downey Jr. staggers around tipsy, we used some of the practical suit and extended it digitally. Same thing in the Randy’s Donuts scene. But in the rest of the film, we used the CG suit entirely. And Double Negative did an all-digital suit for the Monaco chase. At the end, for our Mark VI suit and War Machine, we had some practical reference, but we replaced all that with CG. Really, every shot in the second half was with the CG suit, even when we shot plates with the real suit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
SMG did nothing wrong

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

General Dog posted:

SMG did nothing wrong

Are you ok?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The digital suit has always looked kinda fake and weird whenever he’s getting in and out of it, especially in IM3.
The whole thing probably peaked with the briefcase suit in IM2 which was a great effect, but...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Holy poo poo, that Shazam costume looks loving great.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BiggerBoat posted:

I kind of wished the lightning bolt was a bit larger, but yeah, looks nice.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BiggerBoat posted:

From a distance it looks weird, up close it looks cool.

Skilbs
Jul 20, 2006

Speaking of digitals suits, I work at Framestore and we just released our breakdowns for Ragnarok.

https://youtu.be/TGCLyeqlsZI

I sometimes feel bad for the people who make all the costumes only for us to just replace/redesign everything anyway.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I cannot stand the look of Thor: Ragnarok because everything "dramatic" is a centered medium shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BiggerBoat posted:

I love the tiger heads on the cape clasps.