Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hit em with the Heeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I like that Hein stole the idea for jump the shark from his friend and now jasons hit em with the Hein emerges which was stolen from an intern.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Evil Agita posted:

I like that Hein stole the idea for jump the shark from his friend and now jasons hit em with the Hein emerges which was stolen from an intern.

I think Hein even stole that length of rope he uses to lower the bucket down into his dungeon, too.

Fuckin thief! :argh:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I wondered if that's what Kimmel said at the end of the Oscars but didn't go back and check, obviously since "Baba Booey" is too well-known.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Apparently the host of the Independent Spirit awards (whatever that is) name dropped Sour Shoes.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

an adult beverage posted:

Apparently the host of the Independent Spirit awards (whatever that is) name dropped Sour Shoes.

Oooooooh!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Memet beat Brent in the IQ test. 121 to 112

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Memet beat Brent in the IQ test. 121 to 112

I love the new Memet that trolls everyone so this is the best result possible.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Fred should play that Moonshine Miller song over and over to see if Brent will freak out.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Thankfully he didn't beat Will. Isn't that the same score as Gary?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh god that's the best possible result. Brent is as smart as Ralph and Memet is as smart as Gary and Jan Hein.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I didn't listen yet. Was this a work?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

God no, Brent is Howard's faithful asskisser. If they were going to gently caress with anyone it'd have been Memet because he'd have handled losing even worse than he did winning. This was great because he's the show troll right now (think Benjy with airtime but even less likable) and he crushed Brent, who was proven to be strictly average, and scored higher than Jason and as high as Gary and Jon, who were also wanting Brent to win.

This is exactly like DePace winning.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Evil Agita posted:

I didn't listen yet. Was this a work?

Was it a what now?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Was it a what now?

Wrestling term for a staged bit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrMidnight posted:

Wrestling term for a staged bit

Is this Brent guy a "heel"?

Oh man, now I want to listen to Bobby Rude talk about punting Eric up into the stands. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-V7mPf39xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozYFPOtd5Y

Edit: I really should just put the money down on a custom title that reads "False Perceptions". That or the Matt Dillon quote.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 7, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/DavidSpade/status/971374388653252608

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
The IQ bit was the best bit in a very long time. Then today Memet started crying on the air. Really great radio.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Just got through Tuesday's show. Is Mehmet for real? I know he will is playing things up on purpose, but he was so over the top throughout the process and genuinely offending members of staff including Howard. I'm not sure where the line is between trolling and reality.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
jimble kimble

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Anyone know what’s going on with Scott and his wife or when they talked about it? Pretty bummed if it’s true his wife is ill.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Two Kings posted:

Anyone know what’s going on with Scott and his wife or when they talked about it? Pretty bummed if it’s true his wife is ill.

Yeah it got pretty depressing for a second. Scott's voice started to crack and he teared up. Apparently its an illness that's been going on for 6/7 years and he just got some bad news about it yesterday.

It was during the post IQ test wrap up talk with Memet and Brent. Scott came in to give advice to Memet on how to not take the show so seriously.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad for Scott and hope things get better but honestly I'm amazed he and his wife were able to avoid serious health issues for as long as they have. When you listen to the 90s shows where the gang would goof on Scott, it sounds like they both smoked like chimneys.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

kylej posted:

I'm sad for Scott and hope things get better but honestly I'm amazed he and his wife were able to avoid serious health issues for as long as they have. When you listen to the 90s shows where the gang would goof on Scott, it sounds like they both smoked like chimneys.

Yah they both smoked hard during the 90s and early 2000s.....and im sure during their "swinger" years in the 70s and 80s
There was a great show where Scott was all proud of buying a new house and said he and his wife dont smoke inside it. Which was a big step.
Black cloud man, black cloud.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I am at a conference and have a rental car that has Sirius and have listened to most of the shows this week. I have only been listening to old shows since I stopped listening back during the AGT days 3-4 years ago.

Anyways, I must say I've enjoyed this week's shows quite a bit... I don't know who Memet is, but I know I hate him now. I will start listening to new shows again now and will try and catch up on the post-AGT years of shows hopefully.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dying because of smoking is by leaps and goddamn bounds the shittiest way to go. My grandfather was a super active guy during his 70s and the first part of his 80s. COPD got him around 85 and he spent the next 5 years struggling to do the most very basic of things. It absolutely destroyed him and if you're not lucky enough to go from something like cancer (yes, lucky) then it will get you and hold you down and assfuck you to death and by your last days you won't be able to do 20 feet in your own house without needing oxygen and a chair.

He stopped smoking when I was born (35 years ago) and he absolutely would have hit 95 if not 100 if he'd never taken up smoking. For the love of god if you smoke, loving stop it. You will actually want to live when you're 90 because you're going to have grandkids and great-grandkids who you'll want to see. Just goddamn stop, it's such a horrible way to die.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Who the gently caress wants to live to be 95 or 100? gently caress that.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What exactly does Jon Hein do on the Stern show? The Wrap-up show? They should fire him.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Just got through Tuesday's show. Is Mehmet for real? I know he will is playing things up on purpose, but he was so over the top throughout the process and genuinely offending members of staff including Howard. I'm not sure where the line is between trolling and reality.

He's definitely ramped it up for the air. I can't believe how many of the staff seem to be rattled by his complete BS. There is a level of truth to him though. He was in tears on Wednesday's show which wasn't fake at all IMO.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Was that Chris Wilding who got on the intercom yesterday and ripped Memet? It's so ridiculous that they won't even use the names of staff members. Instead it was "one of the guys in the office doesn't like Memet" and then cut to some random voice calling him an rear end in a top hat. Why not have the guy in to confront Memet in person and stir something up for the air? It's bizarre.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Was that Chris Wilding who got on the intercom yesterday and ripped Memet? It's so ridiculous that they won't even use the names of staff members. Instead it was "one of the guys in the office doesn't like Memet" and then cut to some random voice calling him an rear end in a top hat. Why not have the guy in to confront Memet in person and stir something up for the air? It's bizarre.

Very bizarre. They treat Mike Trainor the same way. He's just "The Lump".

It's just yet another fine example of the Streisand effect at work on the show.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

I am at a conference and have a rental car that has Sirius and have listened to most of the shows this week. I have only been listening to old shows since I stopped listening back during the AGT days 3-4 years ago.

Anyways, I must say I've enjoyed this week's shows quite a bit... I don't know who Memet is, but I know I hate him now. I will start listening to new shows again now and will try and catch up on the post-AGT years of shows hopefully.

You have to listen to mehmets hook up stories

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
okay stern fans itt, if you could conceive a Howard Stern-themed pinball table, what kind of things would you want to see on it? currently designing a pinball table for just that purpose and it's been a lot of fun coming up with ideas for the goals of the table. maybe targets that spell "BABA BOOEY"? some kind of jackpot that involves Hitting Em With The Hein? we're currently in the stage of prototyping playfield elements and getting the actual layout of the game done, but I figure it would be nice to get the jump on the graphics and maybe come up with some pretty cool poo poo. right now we've got some core elements done, like ramps and ball physics:

currently yes, everything looks like poo poo because we're still using placeholder materials and the graphic elements are mostly just for show/made us laugh when we were constantly testing shots and had to hear the "baba booey" drop every time the ball went down an outlane

right now we've got the following ideas being implemented:
-bumpers that have ETM's head on them and say "ack" when hit
--------or spinners that have his head on them, haven't decided
-a "Hey Now" ramp
-a special Hein jackpot target

some stuff is a really obvious inclusion in a Stern pinball table, but it's been fun to see what moments or elements of the show really fit with the idea of a pinball table. i've wanted to make a Stern themed table for a long time and use all uncensored clips just for fun because pinball tables don't usually swear at the player

barnold fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 9, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

okay stern fans itt, if you could conceive a Howard Stern-themed pinball table, what kind of things would you want to see on it? currently designing a pinball table for just that purpose and it's been a lot of fun coming up with ideas for the goals of the table. maybe targets that spell "BABA BOOEY"? some kind of jackpot that involves Hitting Em With The Hein? we're currently in the stage of prototyping playfield elements and getting the actual layout of the game done, but I figure it would be nice to get the jump on the graphics and maybe come up with some pretty cool poo poo. right now we've got some core elements done, like ramps and ball physics:

currently yes, everything looks like poo poo because we're still using placeholder materials and the graphic elements are mostly just for show/made us laugh when we were constantly testing shots and had to hear the "baba booey" drop every time the ball went down an outlane

right now we've got the following ideas being implemented:
-bumpers that have ETM's head on them and say "ack" when hit
--------or spinners that have his head on them, haven't decided
-a "Hey Now" ramp
-a special Hein jackpot target

some stuff is a really obvious inclusion in a Stern pinball table, but it's been fun to see what moments or elements of the show really fit with the idea of a pinball table. i've wanted to make a Stern themed table for a long time and use all uncensored clips just for fun because pinball tables don't usually swear at the player

Heh. Stern Pinball. I like it.

For reference: http://www.sternpinball.com

For ideas:

- a sour shoes "OOOOOOoooooh!" when you get a big bonus
- Steve Langford saying "I want you to go to jail" when you lose, OR, randomly having one of Artie ETM shutdowns play when that happens "Ok, gbye buddy." "Yeah, we'll see ya". "Take that club foot and shove it up your rear end".
- as your total score is being tallied at the end, have Beet rambling 'yeah, 250 lbs. Yeah, 300lbs... 450 lbs."
- "Douche" has to be in there.
- some sort of relevant bigfoot quote, it is.
- if you lose during a bonus, your end report, with the low score of nothing won, should have "zero. point. zero." played overtop.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 9, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You need to have bumper that just does Jackie laugh

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

euphronius posted:

You need to have bumper that just does Jackie laugh

This.

Another with the JD bark.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For ideas:

- a sour shoes "OOOOOOoooooh!" when you get a big bonus
- Steve Langford saying "I want you to go to jail" when you lose, OR, randomly having one of Artie ETM shutdowns play when that happens "Ok, gbye buddy." "Yeah, we'll see ya". "Take that club foot and shove it up your rear end".
- as your total score is being tallied at the end, have Beet rambling 'yeah, 250 lbs. Yeah, 300lbs... 450 lbs."
- "Douche" has to be in there.
- some sort of relevant bigfoot quote, it is.
- if you lose during a bonus, your end report, with the low score of nothing won, should have "zero. point. zero." played overtop.

the Artie ETM shutdown is an amazing idea. right now "DOUCHE" plays when the ball falls down the right out lane, and Scott The Engineer's "bullshit, man!" plays when it falls out the left

the Zero Point Zero anti-bonus is also incredible, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've started writing some of the scoring subroutines, and that's going to be in there for sure

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

the Artie ETM shutdown is an amazing idea. right now "DOUCHE" plays when the ball falls down the right out lane, and Scott The Engineer's "bullshit, man!" plays when it falls out the left

the Zero Point Zero anti-bonus is also incredible, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've started writing some of the scoring subroutines, and that's going to be in there for sure

If the player barely shoots the ball at the start, so it doesn't even make it up into the board, have Robin say "Four inches is fine!"

EDIT: OK, I don't know how, but you NEED the Mike Walker fart in there. And maybe the conga playing, looped.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Very bizarre. They treat Mike Trainor the same way. He's just "The Lump".

It's just yet another fine example of the Streisand effect at work on the show.

Richard had a good one when he said something like, "I was talking to Priest from Priest and Boy..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If the player barely shoots the ball at the start, so it doesn't even make it up into the board, have Robin say "Four inches is fine!"

EDIT: OK, I don't know how, but you NEED the Mike Walker fart in there. And maybe the conga playing, looped.

Hitting the bumpers x amount of times starts Walker Mode - a little screen animation plays and "Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly?" plays. Then, you have 15 seconds to hit the bumpers as many times as you can, and each time the fart sound blasts through the speakers. The background music for Walker Mode will be the conga playing.

Holy gently caress, I knew posting about this in here was a good idea.