Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I completely forgot that TMBWBIT2 was its own podcast, and being reminded of it by an episode with Little Janet Varney is very good. Something to fill the TAZ gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

creationist believer posted:

West Virginians are so backwards and dumb, they would physically assault you if you asked for a San Pellegrino mixed with lemonade.

Edit: We might not be getting an episode of TAZ today, but we are getting an episode of the second best McElroy podcast (The best is of course Til Death do us Blart)

https://twitter.com/Trolls2cast/status/971858985853833218

Nice, I was just wondering if they had abandoned this podcast.

Also nice reference to the latest Besties, Plante’s subtle classism sure went over well with Griffin.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Not Operator posted:

I dunno if Janet Varney just has a lot of free time or if Travis somehow cornered her on that JoCo cruise or what but I'm glad to hear her regardless.
I think she was an organizer on LA Podfest as well. Jesse Thorn also knows her for sure.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Uptime Sinclair posted:

I think she was an organizer on LA Podfest as well. Jesse Thorn also knows her for sure.

Yeah? She co-founded and organises SF sketchfest too.

I guess that answers my question, lot of free time.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Not Operator posted:

Yeah? She co-founded and organises SF sketchfest too.

I guess that answers my question, lot of free time.
I might be mixing up the two, tbqh. Yours sounds legit, she definitely a co-founder if one or the other last I heard.

Love her on Stan Against Evil.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Uptime Sinclair posted:

LA Podfest is Dave Anthony from The Dollop. Janet runs SF Sketchfest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need extreme restraints to sponsor the McElroys as they gallantly march into Trolls 2 cast

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The McElroy Brothers Will Cold-Read An Extreme Restraints Ad In Trolls 2

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the mcelroys AND KORRA!?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

creationist believer posted:

West Virginians are so backwards and dumb, they would physically assault you if you asked for a San Pellegrino mixed with lemonade.

Edit: We might not be getting an episode of TAZ today, but we are getting an episode of the second best McElroy podcast (The best is of course Til Death do us Blart)

https://twitter.com/Trolls2cast/status/971858985853833218

Twist ending : the brothers don't actually get to be in Trolls 2, but Clint does. In fact, every character is now voiced by Clint McElroy. Not even he is sure how things got to this point

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Travis wanted to do his Grover so bad

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I enjoy both Justin's dedication to Kayfabe or Griffin's absolute refusal to take seriously their dumb podcast idea they came up with 9 months ago while high.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Janet Varney's laugh is one of the most beautiful things in this world and I am very proud of the McElroy brothers for getting some big ones out of her.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm posting a Patrick Gill collab in the in the McElroy thread and you can't stop me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKLR138Z-c

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It's just not the same without Hoops.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

More Griffin/Pat teamups are always good though.

I like their Monster Hunter series together, but i bet it's incredibly boring to anyone who's not a MonHun geek.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

misadventurous posted:

More Griffin/Pat teamups are always good though.

I like their Monster Hunter series together, but i bet it's incredibly boring to anyone who's not a MonHun geek.

As someone who doesn’t understand monhun or play it...yeah, kinda, sorry. I want to like it because I like griffin and pat but yeah I don’t love the videos

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pretty ho hum Dust episode. Augustus continues to be great but otherwise there's not a lot of interest.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Ainsley McTree posted:

As someone who doesn’t understand monhun or play it...yeah, kinda, sorry. I want to like it because I like griffin and pat but yeah I don’t love the videos

Like any co-op let's play kind of thing it's mostly voyeurism. There's a particular kind of hangout mood when you're hunting with a friend and chatting over mic, and the appeal of listening to Pat and Griffin while they play is just being a fly on the wall for that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Pretty ho hum Dust episode. Augustus continues to be great but otherwise there's not a lot of interest.

you like Rance

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alaois posted:

you like Rance

At one point, I did yes. Congrats on digging up ancient rap sheet poo poo like a huge weirdo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

(Balance Spoilers)
Let's Get This Over With - The Adventure Zone by Sarah Hopkins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qM4d7s_vKg

I quite liked Sarah Hopkins's animatics and I was wondering where she went. I'm glad "another cool Balance recap set to a TMBG song" was the answer.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alaois posted:

you like Rance

I've been agreeing with you on a lot of PBTA stuff in this thread but this whole "minor criticism of the story" -> "weird personal insult" thing you've been doing is super lame

KoB
May 1, 2009
Can anyone point me in the direction of which video has Justin doing a deep demonic minion voice saying "banana"? I think it was a monster factory but I cant be sure.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ariong posted:

(Balance Spoilers)
Let's Get This Over With - The Adventure Zone by Sarah Hopkins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qM4d7s_vKg

I quite liked Sarah Hopkins's animatics and I was wondering where she went. I'm glad "another cool Balance recap set to a TMBG song" was the answer.

This is good but for some reason whenever I see any Eleventh Hour stuff lately all I can think of is "Man Sheriff Isaac sure did just disappear from the story"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm digging everybody in Dust so far.

Augustus is a masterclass goof, though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rodyle posted:

Oh man, different strokes for different folks because I am LOVING this poo poo.

I really liked Augustus's and Gandy Dancer's scenes.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Dust is extremely good. P sure it's definitely the one I want to see move forward.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mikeycp posted:

Dust is extremely good. P sure it's definitely the one I want to see move forward.

someone's character should end up corrupted at the end and set up a natural NPC villain for the next arc

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

KoB posted:

Can anyone point me in the direction of which video has Justin doing a deep demonic minion voice saying "banana"? I think it was a monster factory but I cant be sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hH7vZF15SY&t=727s

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

ekeog posted:

someone's character should end up corrupted at the end and set up a natural NPC villain for the next arc

would be dope

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I've been agreeing with you on a lot of PBTA stuff in this thread but this whole "minor criticism of the story" -> "weird personal insult" thing you've been doing is super lame

Alaois just wants to emulate his hero, BravestOfTheLamps

Rodyle posted:

My reaction to this episode as well. I don't know why overall I was so tuned out during this episode but I had a real big problem with the poker scene.
"Uh, I rolled a 7." "You both push; roll again." "I rolled an 11." "You win the game."
Like, that should be an opportunity to have some fun character interaction rather than simple input/output. I get there needs to be a brisk pace to keep things moving but it feels like it's at cost of the NPCs having anything remotely memorable about them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Gandy was the character I was least interested in at the end of the setup episode, but now I want to know everything about her! Clint clearly has an idea of what he wants to do with her, and he is really keeping it close to the chest. I assumed that she would be a wise and stoic sort of scholar, which was okay. Then this episode came along and it turns out that she is a total rube. So I thought okay, she's spent so long deep in her studies that she doesn't know how the real world works. That's fun, and her interactions with Em were hilarious! Then near the end of the episode she mentions offhandedly, so much so that nobody comments on it, that she is a poker champion. How much of her behavior around Em was faked? No clue! Very exciting.

I'm satisfied with the amount of goofs so far, especially the running gag where someone will say something cool, and then someone else will immediately undercut it by commenting on how evocative it was. I think the serious moments strike a good balance, and I'm loving the rapport between the PCs.

:smugwizard:"Swear on your soul?"
:ghost:"What little I have left."

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Whatever story they go with, Griffin should just play a boy detective since he's not going to be able to come up with a better character.

Do not even ask posted:

My reaction to this episode as well. I don't know why overall I was so tuned out during this episode but I had a real big problem with the poker scene.
"Uh, I rolled a 7." "You both push; roll again." "I rolled an 11." "You win the game."
Like, that should be an opportunity to have some fun character interaction rather than simple input/output. I get there needs to be a brisk pace to keep things moving but it feels like it's at cost of the NPCs having anything remotely memorable about them.

Yeah, this was just... pointless. A lot more could have done with that scene, especially with Augustus helping cheat against a ghost

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Did somebody say FANART!?

....no? Well, I'm posting some anyway:

https://jeinu.tumblr.com/post/171705463880/can-someone-please-just-hand-this-man-a-root-beer

https://apricatt-art.tumblr.com/post/171710253264/im-really-enjoying-this-adventure-zone-mini-arc

https://weirdsnail.tumblr.com/post/171712071071/oh-i-love-her

Ariong posted:

Gandy was the character I was least interested in at the end of the setup episode, but now I want to know everything about her! Clint clearly has an idea of what he wants to do with her, and he is really keeping it close to the chest. I assumed that she would be a wise and stoic sort of scholar, which was okay. Then this episode came along and it turns out that she is a total rube. So I thought okay, she's spent so long deep in her studies that she doesn't know how the real world works. That's fun, and her interactions with him were hilarious! Then near the end of the episode she mentions offhandedly, so much so that nobody comments on it, that she is a poker champion. How much of her behavior around Em was faked? No clue! Very exciting.

I'm satisfied with the amount of goofs so far, especially the running gag where someone will say something cool, and then someone else will immediately undercut it by commenting on how evocative it was. I think the serious moments strike a good balance, and I'm loving the rapport between the PCs.

:smugwizard:"Swear on your soul?"
:ghost:"What little I have left."

Yeah, I'm really glad Clint is playing Gandy as "Excited and Eccentric" instead of "Calm and Stoic". Augustus is pretty great and all and I get why people like him, but for me Gandy Dancer is the break out star of this mini-arc so far.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gently caress that fan art is funny.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm starting to wonder what distinguishes vampires in this setting. They don't need to hide from the sun, they don't need something fancy like a stake to kill them or turn to dust once killed. I guess they still drink blood, though from the sounds of it they can also drink regular booze so it seems a little unclear where the blood fits into this. I think they established werewolfism is just genetic rather than an infection, and apparently all the kids grew up together so that suggests vampirism might not be either.

Also had the Banshee been mentioned before Gandy asked about them? I can't remember.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 10, 2018

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Some good jokes about root beer in this podcast.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Dolash posted:

Also had the Banshee been mentioned before Gandy asked about them? I can't remember.
This has been driving me nuts too, I've been looking through both episodes and can't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Griffin failing the root beer roll was some funny poo poo. Really enjoying Dust.