Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

where are the LU spoilers

It was literally just this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I mean, theyre losing tons of money and as of yet have no idea how to make money, so that is kind of a curse?

Yes, the curse of running a wrestling promotion.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ryan satin had to move them to the dark web

Leave my avatar out of this.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

KungFu Grip posted:

lol at cole dong

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I'm hearing the current plan for now is to have John Cena not get a match at this Wrestlemania to set up a story for next Wrestlemania. Current plans are to have him headline next year's Mania against Roman as part of a comeback story.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
How many years running is Get Roman Over At WM going now?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

spongeh posted:

How many years running is Get Roman Over At WM going now?

This is the fourth coronation, I think?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Are Ciampa and Gargano just not getting a blow off match?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

I'm hearing the current plan for now is to have John Cena not get a match at this Wrestlemania to set up a story for next Wrestlemania. Current plans are to have him headline next year's Mania against Roman as part of a comeback story.

NOT ANOTHER loving YEAR LONG SETUP. THOSE ARE NEVER GOOD.

Sigh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Are Ciampa and Gargano just not getting a blow off match?

rovert said before Ciampa might not be healed enough yet still.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sigh.

Sting/Hogan was a good storyline up until the finish

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Roman’s not a bad worker necessarily but he’s not “pay off a year’s worth of build” good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sigh.

foochs look at his post history in the thread and back away from the ledge

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sigh.

*Opens mouth to extoll the virtues of NJPW to Foochs. Thinks better of it.*

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

IcePhoenix posted:

foochs look at his post history in the thread and back away from the ledge

I haven't been scooping in the thread but I've had a source give me mostly reliable info over the last few months. He was the first to tell me about John Cena getting inserted into the Fastlane championship match so I trust him. I guess we'll have to wait and see if John gets his Big Match at this Mania or not.

If he doesn't you can definitely at some point expect a WWE 24 about Cena watching WM from backstage as part of this story

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 9, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE accidentally posted this on Facebook before immediately deleting it.

Gargano vs Ciampa in an unsanctioned match.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Bobby Fish's leg is busted so that wouldn't be totally accurate, but it seems about right.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Draxion posted:

Bobby Fish's leg is busted so that wouldn't be totally accurate, but it seems about right.

I think it's still "storyline booked" until they air something changing it. spoilers were unclear if Cole is actually going to replace him or what

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nattie not being subtle about something.

https://twitter.com/NatbyNature/status/972263215475445766

Probably the Chyna Battle Royale that has been rumored.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Naming it after Chyna would be more tasteful than naming it for Moolah, which they probably are going to do.

Should really be the Mildred Burke Battle Royal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Using Chyna's name like that now strikes me as scummy, but it's definitely less scummy than Moolah or Mae Young so sure, I guess.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

VJeff posted:

Using Chyna's name like that now strikes me as scummy, but it's definitely less scummy than Moolah or Mae Young so sure, I guess.

they should name it after Woman

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

If they deleted it immediately how did someone screenshot it 2 hours after it was posted

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is the Chyna Battle Royale an actual "rumor" or just people riffing on the First Time Ever trend

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Is the Chyna Battle Royale an actual "rumor" or just people riffing on the First Time Ever trend

Its a rumor apparently. The name may not be the Chyna Battle Royal, however. I just picked that name because WWE has brought up her name a lot lately.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Was told earlier in the week to strictly kayfabe and let the unsanctioned match play out.

LOL not anymore.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

An actual more than a rumour. WWE reached out to secure the rights or whatever supposedly.

Andre was the 8th and Chyna was the 9th Wonder of the World.

Much easier to honour her this way than selecting who to induct her in the WWE HOF and trying to cobble a speech that avoids certain issues and pleases fans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Andre was the 8th and Chyna was the 9th Wonder of the World.

okay now I actually like this idea and am glad it's probably happening

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I personally like it.

Social media's obsession with her being in the WWE HOF has kinda dissipated this year. WWE likes to do stuff when not pressured so they can claim it was their idea, ego trip about it and make it seem like a surprise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What rights do they need? Don’t they own the name Chyna?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Was told earlier in the week to strictly kayfabe and let the unsanctioned match play out.

LOL not anymore.

Rovert was working us like we were common marks. I've never felt so betrayed. :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

What rights do they need? Don’t they own the name Chyna?

Her family/estate should be on board, no?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Rovert was working us like we were common marks. I've never felt so betrayed. :(

Nah I found out after the tapings.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
While I am dropping bombs. Street Profits were the original winners of the Dusty Classic. But Ford has an injury - not the one that has been reported but don't get carried away with speculation about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Her family/estate should be on board, no?

Didn’t she have a really bad relationship with the rest of her family?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Didn’t she have a really bad relationship with the rest of her family?

They said otherwise. Chyna was really mentally ill. Not in a position to know the truth on that one. But they are part of her estate and stuff. Also, it would be bad PR to do it against her families wishes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hall of Fame is the sort of thing they trot out for the morning talk show circuit to dredge up publicity for WM. Ideas of legacy and lifetime achievement that the HOF ostensibly represent make WWE seem more legitimate and wrestling more like a sport (with WWE the modern caretaker of its great tradition) than a fickle and frequently vicious carny racket.

But as in everything else, the brand comes first. They don’t want another Lanny Poffo mouthing off to the press about how WWE is using someone’s memory

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 10, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

While I am dropping bombs. Street Profits were the original winners of the Dusty Classic. But Ford has an injury - not the one that has been reported but don't get carried away with speculation about it.

Why the three way, though? Or is it just to take the pressure off Era because Cole's pulling double-duty?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

The Stephanie McMahon Women's Revolution Battle Royal.

It'll main event Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posted (in spoiler tags of course) in the WWE discussion thread, but there are two plans supposedly set for Wrestlemania, according to Brad Portroy (the guy who initially reported the XFL was coming back). So here is what he said. Dunno how credible it is, but its WWE so it seems plausible.

- Shane will be facing Dolph Ziggler at Wrestlemania.

- Carmella will be cashing in against Asuka after (or during) her match against Charlotte, and losing. Both seem feasible, as they may want to protect Charlotte from eating a clean submission or pin from Asuka, and Carmella can be there to take the fall. Or they could use it to portray Asuka as a bigger monster/threat.