Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

SciFiDownBeat posted:

What would be the Letterboxd/GoodReads equivalent for tv shows and/or video games? My need to obsessively catalogue all of my media consumption is growing

https://backloggery.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I use the TV Time app for tv shows

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

I actually prefer https://howlongtobeat.com/ for videogames.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Franchescanado posted:

I actually prefer https://howlongtobeat.com/ for videogames.

I'd probably use that instead if not for the fact that I don't want to have to make about 800 entries all over again

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are rewatches broken for anyone else?
Just saw something for the second time in four days and whatever I do, the rewatch entry removes the first watch from the diary.
Pretty sure I wasn't just editing the first entry.

edit: Worked it out. 'Log again' instead of 'Add a review.' I was just editing it :shobon:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 29, 2018

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Made the mistake of trying to track movies that can be traced back to Night of the Living Dead and ended up encompassing pretty much the entire mindless horde genre.

https://boxd.it/1MWA8

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Here's my page. I'm on this dumb thing way too much.
https://letterboxd.com/moonsmilk/

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This is a good list (not made by me).

Movies where someone is watching Night of the Living Dead in the background

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Wanted to share these, and this thread seemed suitable, since I don't know if I ever would have stumbled across even one without Letterboxd.

Videos by Jake Fried

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Some stand-out reviews.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Darthemed posted:

Some stand-out reviews.

Yeah the Last Jedi is pretty polarizing

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I made a list: Criterion Films Included in the They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? (TSPDT) list

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I love you for this.

drat, I've only seen 59 out of 390

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Franchescanado posted:

I love you for this.

drat, I've only seen 59 out of 390

179 here.

This list came from my interest in completing both lists. Prioritizing the films that overlap seemed like the right approach.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

172 here, but a bunch of those have been through Filmstruck. God, that's been a worthwhile subscription.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

228/390

Not quite two-thirds yet.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

106, filmstruck owns

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

198 here.

Though, I’m really behind. :(

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

144 over here...not great but better than I thought I was going to be.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

194 here... just under half! Great idea for a list and I'll make sure to bookmark it.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

My letterboxd only has movies I've watched dating back to October 2014 so I can't tell how many exactly but I've currently got 48 (12%) but have def seen way more than that.

edit: Manual count shows a flat 200. :smuggo:

TrixRabbi fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 7, 2018

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I mean you can just mark which ones you've watched without logging them.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TrixRabbi posted:

My letterboxd only has movies I've watched dating back to October 2014 so I can't tell how many exactly but I've currently got 48 (12%) but have def seen way more than that.

edit: Manual count shows a flat 200. :smuggo:

If you hover over a film and select the little eye icon, it'll mark it as watched without having to be logged.

If you look at a list, you can select from this sub-menu to fade out films you've seen.

Now you don't have to manually count anymore.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

I've done it this way for four years I can't change now.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When I started an account I just sorted all the most popular films year by year and clicked watched on a page or two per year. Between that and reading through lists like the above, I think I got a decent handle on life before letterboxd

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

I already did it twice with Criticker and iCheckMovies and just didn't want to do it again so I decided my Letterboxd would just be a diary of everything I've watched since registration. I made a personal list of everything I'd watched before Letterboxd based on my Criticker, but I dunno, adding them all now feels like I'm writing a massive list in the margin of my carefully kept journal if that makes sense. I do mark rewatches as such though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

For me it's diary entries for anything I watched since starting with Letterboxd and relevant undated watches/likes when I'm going through lists.

The one thing I miss from Criticker is the "Find Filmmaker" or whatever tool that let you see which actors/actresses you gave the highest average tier rankings of movies in which they appeared. Depending on sample size, my top ones were either Willem Dafoe, Tilda Swinton, or Martin Balsam (who I've only seen in stone cold classics and Death Wish 3).

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

For me it's diary entries for anything I watched since starting with Letterboxd and relevant undated watches/likes when I'm going through lists.

The one thing I miss from Criticker is the "Find Filmmaker" or whatever tool that let you see which actors/actresses you gave the highest average tier rankings of movies in which they appeared. Depending on sample size, my top ones were either Willem Dafoe, Tilda Swinton, or Martin Balsam (who I've only seen in stone cold classics and Death Wish 3).

You can do this if you have the Stats. It's based on who you've watched the most total and through the years. They did it for writers, actors and directors, but I e-mailed them about adding cinematographers and they e-mailed me back and said "You know what, we're just gonna do it for every major crew member now."

Letterboxd has really good customer service.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Only 8 likes away from 1,000 likes on my TSPDT list. Just sayin' https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-1000-greatest/

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just discovered a sci-fi short film anthology place called Dust. My Letterboxd list is gonna bloat VERY FAST

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Logging short films is cheating.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If they didn't want me to log them...why are they in Letterboxd's database at all!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You can also log "Untitled Rian Johnson Star Wars Project #3" right now.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

i log ones i think r interesting enough 2 keep in memory, i figure thats the point of a diary

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Cheating towards... what end? I didn't realize this was some sort of contest.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I've logged 179 of them this year alone

https://letterboxd.com/letshugbro/list/short-films-2018/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

Cheating towards... what end? I didn't realize this was some sort of contest.

I have a contest with myself to raise my number every year without inflating it with TV, shorts, comedy specials, special features. Aiming to break 200 in 2018.
I also use the thing to figure out how many feature films I've seen in my life, so I'm pretty strict about it.

edit: I discovered the site through the Film Junk podcast, who probably coloured my idea of using it.
I think they lay out their commandments here http://filmjunk.com/2014/07/08/film-junk-bonus-podcast-movie-organization-manifesto-part-4/

\/

Egbert Souse posted:

How so? They let you filter out shorts unlike Criticker.

Not on the year summary stats page.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 14, 2018

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

How so? They let you filter out shorts unlike Criticker.

I usually log them, but tend to not actually rate.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I have a contest with myself to raise my number every year without inflating it with TV, shorts, special features.
I also use the thing to figure out how many feature films I've seen in my life, so I'm pretty strict about it.

Does Les Vampires count as one feature film or ten shorts? Or five shorts and five features given that half the episodes are over 40 minutes in length?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I waffle on marking films watched that I don't have an exact date for....it bothers me that I'm missing progress on Lists when I know I've seen them, but it irks me to log a film when I can't definitely say when I saw it