Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also given the content of the article, I can imagine that her "counselling" to these at-risk young girls is "you'll never find a nice husband if you don't stop dressing so slutty and talking back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

kazil posted:

The author is a woman...

My bad, I did assume it was a man, but

Len posted:

Doesn't mean it can't still be skeevy

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

CordlessPen posted:

Councilor for "at risk" teenage girl sounds super skeevy...

Why IS that phrase in quotes? Is the implication that these girls aren’t in bad circumstances so much as they’re just trollops, or?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

burial posted:

Why IS that phrase in quotes? Is the implication that these girls aren’t in bad circumstances so much as they’re just trollops, or?

I think "at risk" means they come from a poo poo homelife and they're most likely to get teen pregnant, become junkies, or otherwise gently caress up their lives

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Len posted:

I think "at risk" means they come from a poo poo homelife and they're most likely to get teen pregnant, become junkies, or otherwise gently caress up their lives

I know what the term means in general usage, I just don’t know why it’s in quotes there. I don’t think it usually is? so adding them makes it seem like either an error or a strange dog whistle.

Like if I were to put up a sign that says “‘fresh’ sandwiches sold here,” you’d go “wait, why are there quotes around that? are they not ACTUALLY fresh?”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

burial posted:

I know what the term means in general usage, I just don’t know why it’s in quotes there. I don’t think it usually is? so adding them makes it seem like either an error or a strange dog whistle.

Like if I were to put up a sign that says “‘fresh’ sandwiches sold here,” you’d go “wait, why are there quotes around that? are they not ACTUALLY fresh?”
I think it means the sandwiches dress slutty and talk back.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

I think it means the sandwiches dress slutty and talk back.

So, essentially, the trollop thing I said before. Check and check.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

kazil posted:

The author is a woman...

gross

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

And everybody applauded

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Can you even imagine trying to read aloud in a crowded bus? Must be a masterful orator to make yourself heard over all the other random people on the bus - especially the ones telling you to shut the gently caress up after you get like two sentences in. Or is this the bizzaro world where random people on the street enjoy listening to some nerd stutter and mumble through literature unprompted?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

sunken fleet posted:

Can you even imagine trying to read aloud in a crowded bus? Must be a masterful orator to make yourself heard over all the other random people on the bus - especially the ones telling you to shut the gently caress up after you get like two sentences in. Or is this the bizzaro world where random people on the street enjoy listening to some nerd stutter and mumble through literature unprompted?

I'm more curious as to what book it was

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

I'm more curious as to what book it was

Ready Player One.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
It's always Harry potter

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Turns out the book was Mein Kampf and that woman was Hitler.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Here's the status in full, with many congratulations and fawning

https://twitter.com/JenElleCairns/status/971739995726893058

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like to imagine the "yes I did" added on at the end is said in a defensive outraged tone because of everyone instantly saying "no you didn't" when they heard her telling the story in person.

Also I've rarely seen a book I wanted to read less after seeing that title, cover and review excerpt and the type of person who wants to show off that they're reading it (the stdh author).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where I'm from, if someone reads out loud on a bus, or even sings, people prefer to ignore them completely. You don't wan't to mess with a crazy person for 15 minutes of quite time.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Where I'm from, if someone reads out loud on a bus, or even sings, people prefer to ignore them completely. You don't wan't to mess with a crazy person for 15 minutes of quite time.

Yeah I haven't seen anyone read out loud, but i've seen many drunks talking to themselves and walking up and down the tram aisle. Most people do one of two things: stay as still and silent as possible like they're a tyrannosaurus rex that won't be able to see them if they don't move, or get up and move or even get off at the next stop. Engaging the crazy person is never a good idea.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I'm still confused as to what prompted the "loving bitch" comment. Was it because they were taking up extra space on the crowded bus by the way in which they were reading the book? How the gently caress would you even do that with a tiny novel?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

cheese-cube posted:

I'm still confused as to what prompted the "loving bitch" comment. Was it because they were taking up extra space on the crowded bus by the way in which they were reading the book? How the gently caress would you even do that with a tiny novel?

If you read down far enough of the twitter people eating the story up and suggesting they should build a statue of her for doing that (not joking), yeah it was about taking up too much space with their elbows. Calling her a loving bitch is obviously way over the line but I'd be pretty annoyed too if somebody's elbow was in my space.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I've had Trailer Park Boys on my mind a lot recently, such a great show.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If you read down far enough of the twitter people eating the story up and suggesting they should build a statue of her for doing that (not joking), yeah it was about taking up too much space with their elbows. Calling her a loving bitch is obviously way over the line but I'd be pretty annoyed too if somebody's elbow was in my space.

The elusive "femspreading" finally discovered :monocle:

Bitch was probably laying in a goddamn bubble bath with a dozen lit candles while she was reading that book, took up at least three seats.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

cheese-cube posted:

I was confused about that too, but my assumption is that the implication is that the guy wanted to talk to her but she kept reading her book.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Considering the story she made up, I'd completely believe she was elbowing people in an attempt to make her reading as conspicuous as possible.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That elevator one is just so stupid. In reality I guarantee he just sheepishly said "ok..." and sulked down the stairs while imagining how badass it would be if he got his incredibly petty revenge.

L'esprit d'ascenseur.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can’t tell if this is the other kind of daddy.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
saggin on the juice aisle....
drummin on a street light

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

chitoryu12 posted:

I can’t tell if this is the other kind of daddy.
The original reddit title claims the guy has a 5 year old daughter, so...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I can't tell if this is the other kind of daddy.
I'm getting an Ivanka Trump's daddy vibe.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

saggin on the juice aisle....
drummin on a street light

Some little voice is calling me, calling me...

Some little voice is calling me Daddy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

"Don't say butt Daddy"
"Bottom"
"Better"
"Why is she dressed that way Daddy"

Keep your characters straight :argh:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm the 5(?) year old that ever uses the term 'hind parts'

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I know people have pet names for their kids but yeesh that couldn’t be creepier :yikes:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

If my husband ever called either of our kids "my sweet honey comb" I would punch him in the dick.

Like sugar poodle is bad but that's up there on the summit of cringe mountain, yodeling.

Edit to add some stdh from an article about autism:

quote:

James has a talent for voicing thoughts. Once in a doctor’s waiting room he exclaimed, “Mom, that loud TV is making me nervous, and I’m here to get my blood drawn, so I’m already nervous enough.” Several people applauded, and I asked the receptionist to turn off the TV.

Alien Sex Manual has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Mar 10, 2018

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That is unbelievably gross.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

I’m not sure I could be more creeped out.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Labes for days posted:

If my husband ever called either of our kids "my sweet honey comb" I would punch him in the dick.

Like sugar poodle is bad but that's up there on the summit of cringe mountain, yodeling.

Edit to add some stdh from an article about autism:

Literally nothing to applaud, just a kid demanding a television be turned off. Could have at least said it was Trump/Obama giving a state of the union address on the TV to show how enlightened the child was.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Is this a weird adult baby thing or is it just that horrifically creepy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

moerketid posted:

Is this a weird adult baby thing or is it just that horrifically creepy?
por que no los dos?