Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Over/under on number of destroyers in the match- 5.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/971938102402002944

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Y'know Chuck Taylor has said he was inspired to wrestle by WCW era Jericho....he'd make a dandy partner for Chuck against Kenny and Kota.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pretty tame for Darby but still baller as all hell.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If you were going to introduce people to PWG which 3-4 shows would you use?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think you can't go wrong with any recent BOLA shows from the past few years. I would recommend 11 because of Candace's performance in her tag match with Joey against the Young Bucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah BOLA. But really at this point you can grab shows at random and have a bitchin time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I think you can't go wrong with any recent BOLA shows from the past few years. I would recommend 11 because of Candace's performance in her tag match with Joey against the Young Bucks.

Also the ASW where Drake Younger and Sami Callihan murder each other for a title shot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

If you were going to introduce people to PWG which 3-4 shows would you use?

Threemendous III and whatever else you want to choose

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/972299770202083329

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has the reaction to Swann been as bad as Elgin? I feel conflicted because I despise Elgin as information about his discretion came out but I feel bad for Swann and his situation in spite of the terribleness of his actions.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Has the reaction to Swann been as bad as Elgin? I feel conflicted because I despise Elgin as information about his discretion came out but I feel bad for Swann and his situation in spite of the terribleness of his actions.

Not as strong but still enough pressure for promotions to back off.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno what the gently caress he was expecting. Dude needs to take some time away, maybe get some rehab in if the rumors are true.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cross post from the Lucha thread-

Pro Wrestling Revolution is streaming live tonight at 7 PM PT/ 10 PM ET on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/prowrestlingrevolution

I'm heading to go see it live and I have front row tix, stoked to see Liger and Puma in the battle of the big cats!

LUCHA SUPER ESTELAR
Puma King / Rocky Romero vs. Misterioso / Jushin Liger

Vaquero Fantasma vs. Arkady Federov

PRO WRESTLING REVOLUTION TAG TEAM TITLES
Jungle Boy and El Prostipirugolfo (The Gigolo) vs. Los Luchas (Phoenix Star and Zokre)

FOUR CORNER ELIMINATION
El Dinamita vs. Fatu vs Colt Stevens vs. VAPOR

WOMANS MATCH
Ruby Raza vs Nicole Savoy

SIX MAN TAG
Papo Esco & Ojo Blanco & Grappler III
vs
Fuerza Azteca, Skayde & Ultimo Panda

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Rump Thump was unable to appear on the NOVA Pro tryout show.

But there was this
http://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/972591499253870593

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/IWCwrestling/status/972649961883136000?s=20

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Boco_T posted:

Rump Thump was unable to appear on the NOVA Pro tryout show.

But there was this
http://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/972591499253870593

This whole show was a delight from start to finish. Except the Tide Pods girls.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I liked Jinx. The name of the guy with the doll was Abel Thirteen according to Andy the ring announcer.

Top prospects to me were Harlow O’Hara, Darius Lockhart, The Mason Dixon Line tag team, Abel Thriteen, The Abominable CPA, and Jordan Blade.

Jordan Blade wrestled Harlow O’Hara on the main card. She had her first ever pro wrestling match on last year’s try-out show and I’d say she’s very good for that little experience.

Try-out show was too long (3.5 hrs / 18 matches) and too many people tried to do straight wrestling matches instead of character work. The triple threat with CPA vs Goat guy vs Zen guy was one of the best matches because everyone just got their bits in.

Main show was okay. Crowd was not that hot, too many plain singles matches, and half the crowd had been at the site since 2 PM so they were worn out. I was mad off the bat because the first match on the all-women show was... Logan Easton Laroux and Bobby Shields vs Tim Donst.

I was not familiar with Rain and neither was the crowd. She was good in the ring but did not have the charisma to come in as an unknown and get the crowd into her as a main event challenger for Angelus Layne. Also the match had a lame finish and didn’t even go 10 minutes.

Next month is the “Old Dominion Rumble” with 30 participants so I presume some of the try-out guys will be back.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I dunno what the gently caress he was expecting. Dude needs to take some time away, maybe get some rehab in if the rumors are true.

Swann's not the only one from that situation that needs to go then

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Boco_T posted:

I liked Jinx. The name of the guy with the doll was Abel Thirteen according to Andy the ring announcer.

Top prospects to me were Harlow O’Hara, Darius Lockhart, The Mason Dixon Line tag team, Abel Thriteen, The Abominable CPA, and Jordan Blade.

Jordan Blade wrestled Harlow O’Hara on the main card. She had her first ever pro wrestling match on last year’s try-out show and I’d say she’s very good for that little experience.

Try-out show was too long (3.5 hrs / 18 matches) and too many people tried to do straight wrestling matches instead of character work. The triple threat with CPA vs Goat guy vs Zen guy was one of the best matches because everyone just got their bits in.

Main show was okay. Crowd was not that hot, too many plain singles matches, and half the crowd had been at the site since 2 PM so they were worn out. I was mad off the bat because the first match on the all-women show was... Logan Easton Laroux and Bobby Shields vs Tim Donst.

I was not familiar with Rain and neither was the crowd. She was good in the ring but did not have the charisma to come in as an unknown and get the crowd into her as a main event challenger for Angelus Layne. Also the match had a lame finish and didn’t even go 10 minutes.

Next month is the “Old Dominion Rumble” with 30 participants so I presume some of the try-out guys will be back.

Agreed with most of this. Jinx was far better than her partner. Lockhart looks great, and he’s talented enough to take it places.

The whole show felt a bit slapdash, but I don’t mind that so much. We were all tired, but we had a ball with it. Throwing yarn at Allie Kat instead of streamers was inspired.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PWR was really fun. The highlight of the night was Rocky and Puma doing the fusion dance over a prone Liger

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/973038143896088576?s=21

mdk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cero miedo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm so loving hype

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Spring break week is going to rule

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God Mania weekend is going to rule

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

change the thread title to the king nick loving gage!!!!!!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Super No Vacancy posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Who even is a mod here anymore. Change the thread title to “The King Nick Fuckin Gage and Other Indies mdk”

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Super No Vacancy posted:

Change it to The Eastern Bloc Hate Club, because that poo poo owns.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Who even is a mod here anymore. Change the thread title to “The King Nick Fuckin Gage and Other Indies mdk”

Yes, this

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I was at Nova Pro last night too. I thought the main show was great top to bottom. I liked everything, but I agree the tag match with Jinx/Aspen was a bit sloppy.

Allie Kat is so over with the Nova Pro crowd. Her match with Holidead was fantastic. Kylie Rae vs Isla Dawn was also stellar.

It's a shame people don't know who Rain is. She a pretty important piece to SHIMMER & SHINE history. And the fact she's wrestling at all after what she went thru is amazing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nick Gage is so awesome.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
EPIC: The 14 Year Anniversay Event

Friday, March 16, 2018
115 Bourbon Street
3359 W. 115th St
Merrionette Park, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors Open 6:00pm
All Ages Event

Tickets on sale at aawpro.ticketleap.com

ACH/Jushin Thunder Liger vs. David Starr/Trevor Lee

AAW Women's Championship Match
Jessicka Havok vs. Hudson Envy

Moose vs. Keith Lee

MJF vs. PACO

Colt Cabana/Besties in the World vs. Curt Stallion/Connor Braxton/Jake Something

Zema Ion vs. Myron Reed

Eddie Kingston vs. Sami Callihan

Teddy Hart/Joey Janela vs. OI4K w/ JT Davidson

Dezmond Xavier/Zachary Wentz vs. Trey Miguel/Stephen Wolf

Plus:
Ace Romero

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
:stare: that main

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
And only Moose, Sami, and Teddy in terms of gross shitbags on one card

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boco_T posted:

And only Moose, Sami, and Teddy in terms of gross shitbags on one card

Havok

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What did Moose do? I missed that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He’s had a DV record since the ROH days I believe. Probably a factor in why WWE never gave him a serious look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DV, flat Earther, appropriation of trucker culture