Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

Yes, R6 Siege is a great game but you got to understand.

1: Starter Edition is a borderline scam.

Starter edition is cheaper but it quadruples the amount of in-game currency you need to farm just to unlock the basic non-dlc operators. And if you want that handicap removed you have to, as a Steam purchase, ask Steam to remove the game from your account then purchase the standard edition.

Console people note: there isn’t a starter on console. Just on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Oh. Is that a thing now?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

I loved Vegas but haven't played one since. Come to think of it, has there even been one since?

Not sure but I would like to point out that Siege is basically multiplayer only. There is a single player mode but its a glorified target practice mode, and the new 3 player co-op mode they released this week only lasts for a month and then gets removed.

I *did* say there was good and bad behind the management at Ubi supporting the game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh. Is that a thing now?

Yeah, it just means extreme fan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it just means extreme fan.

gently caress, that song is just shy of being able to vote in the midterms. :gonk:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Absurd Alhazred posted:

gently caress, that song is just shy of being able to vote in the midterms. :gonk:

Has it been a lovely song for that long? Wow.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Weatherman posted:

Has it been a lovely song for that long? Wow.

Since late November, 2000.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Have some more beautiful content you loving nerds

This entire thread is insane. The people he's arguing with can't decide if he's an off-the-deep-end tankie or a right wing troll masquerading as one

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ambitious Spider posted:

I loved Vegas but haven't played one since. Come to think of it, has there even been one since?

There was a Vegas 2 which was very similar to Vegas iirc, but that was the last single player RS, as said before the really interesting part about RSS is the multiplayer part. It really seems like the kinda game that is really fun only if you can find people you know to play with.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I've decided to go digging in the RSS steam reviews.

And now on to the forums.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I'm guessing that was originally SJW?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha, yeah I forgot to mention I'm using the SJW to skeleton plugin and always forget to turn it off to screen cap. So probably.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:monocle:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's like they don't know that there are ways to express your displeasure without being a total rear end in a top hat about it. Instead of "Suck on a barrel you SJW human being!" maybe respond with "You cost our team that round because you were playing like an idiot. Please stop it" You have, like, actual words. Use them. And if it becomes clear that he is screwing the team up on purpose, I'm sure there is some way to report it. All throwing endless slurs does is make you look like an idiot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Full on chortling at the chuds with hundreds and hundreds of hours of playtime getting real rowdy about their hatespeech bans.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BioEnchanted posted:

It's like they don't know that there are ways to express your displeasure without being a total rear end in a top hat about it. Instead of "Suck on a barrel you SJW human being!" maybe respond with "You cost our team that round because you were playing like an idiot. Please stop it" You have, like, actual words. Use them. And if it becomes clear that he is screwing the team up on purpose, I'm sure there is some way to report it. All throwing endless slurs does is make you look like an idiot.

They say "adult" but they mean "manchild who refuses to mature beyond 15 at 30".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
More idiots getting mad.

Being mad at the fact that Ubisoft only recently started cracking down on toxic behaviour, which means they were ok with it before!

Being mad at being banned even though they knew they were breaking the rules!

Being mad because your friends are loving idiots!

Being mad because as long as you don't talk about toxicity, everything is fine!

(obligatory Kelly cartoon
)

Being mad because toxicity is part of gamer culture!

Being mad because now you're all tense, actively trying not to use slurs!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The guy gets thrown out of a chess tournament for punching the other player and just goes "BUT BUT TOXICITY IS JUST PART OF GAMER CULTURE! You're all SJWs!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
And one last batch from the ubisoft forums

Here comes the "people are now too afraid to talk" argument again.

This is a new one: you can't be racist in a video game because your character isn't even real maaaaaaan

One more for the "I know i was an rear end in a top hat, but please I really don't want to be punished for it" pile.

THE TRUE TOXIC PEOPLE ARE THE SJWs !!!!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

This entire thread is insane. The people he's arguing with can't decide if he's an off-the-deep-end tankie or a right wing troll masquerading as one

I wonder if this account is a Markov that has been trained in Russian bit tweets. It feels that way to me for some reason, and the Colossus avatar and name fits.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

re-buying a corporation's product to own the libs

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Fathis Munk posted:

And one last batch from the ubisoft forums

Stop, please, I can only get so erect

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God I cant stop reading the Ubi forums.

You
Oct 6, 2009

Memento posted:

re-buying a corporation's product to own the libs

I just thought about buying the game to encourage the move, but it seems they are doing it themselves

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
It's funny (humiliating) because I remember being similarly riled like a decade ago about, like, I dunno changes to the warlock class or something in WoW and taking to the forums to vent my righteous fury. Kids with internet access say/do dumb poo poo... glad mine wasn't reprehensible racism I guess.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What I got from all those Ubisoft things is that players should probably listen to a different System of a Down album.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Toxicity is a good album damnit :colbert:

You
Oct 6, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

Toxicity is a good album damnit :colbert:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

sunken fleet posted:

It's funny (humiliating) because I remember being similarly riled like a decade ago about, like, I dunno changes to the warlock class or something in WoW and taking to the forums to vent my righteous fury. Kids with internet access say/do dumb poo poo... glad mine wasn't reprehensible racism I guess.

We just made level 1 alts and filled Stormwind/Orgrimmar with them. I still have screenshots of a Paladin "Protest"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I love all the guys going “Banning people won’t stop toxic behavior!” even as they admit they themselves are toxic and got banned, therefore ending their behavior.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Uh calling people niggers and faggots isnt bad if I dont mean it to be a racist or sexist slur, just like a general slur I guess? Furthermore, Ubisoft

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Glazier posted:

I love all the guys going “Banning people won’t stop toxic behavior!” even as they admit they themselves are toxic and got banned, therefore ending their behavior.

But what about the friend of that one idiot that immediately bought a new account but this time he's running hacks ?!

Clearly, the system doesn't work.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Which is the greater crime, racism or cheating at video games? Grow up, Ubisoft.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
If it means lovely people like those commentors aren't playing then it is a big positive.

Any team-based game is going to have to deal with the frustration of having novice team members, people that don't follow instructions, etc. But a toxic playerbase just makes this 10x worse, and the freedom to be a total shitheel causes things to escalate. Honestly the best fun I've had in games like this wasn't when I was on some amazing team and pwned everybody, it was when I was struggling with doing better, teamed up with similarly mediocre players, and everybody was really chill and supportive in spite of being terrible.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Here's an example of the player base that I've collected since July of last year. There were probably just as many from before then but I've since deleted those screenshots.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think I beat you!

It shouldn't be a contest :smith:

Guaranteed these people are posting to whine about SJWs and safe spaces.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I guarantee you, this guy is neon loving white.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Panfilo posted:

If it means lovely people like those commentors aren't playing then it is a big positive.

Any team-based game is going to have to deal with the frustration of having novice team members, people that don't follow instructions, etc. But a toxic playerbase just makes this 10x worse, and the freedom to be a total shitheel causes things to escalate. Honestly the best fun I've had in games like this wasn't when I was on some amazing team and pwned everybody, it was when I was struggling with doing better, teamed up with similarly mediocre players, and everybody was really chill and supportive in spite of being terrible.

Sounds like some beta cuck manlet talk, having fun just playing a game instead of only having fun if you're the best. :smuggo:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

Sounds like some beta cuck manlet talk, having fun just playing a game instead of only having fun if you're the best. :smuggo:

Casuals dont get emotionally invested in the game; they play it for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Leavemywife posted:

I guarantee you, this guy is neon loving white.
Speaking of that!

He didn't even both making a throwaway, he just used the same account with his Gone Wild ( sfw ) posts, and his showerbeer selfies.

From https://np.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/83872u/we_are_still_living_in_an_antiblack_city/dvftgtw/