Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

KKKLIP ART posted:

There have been a multitude of class actions against them. I hear nothing but horror stories and every one is like they are the scummiest buy here pay here car lots of the dental world

It's all well deserved. I bad mouth them to anyone who will listen. I'll skip eating out for a few months to afford a decent dentist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

KKKLIP ART posted:

There have been a multitude of class actions against them. I hear nothing but horror stories and every one is like they are the scummiest buy here pay here car lots of the dental world

They tried to sell me on having advanced gum disease because I bleed a little if I floss hard after not flossing for a couple weeks. Assholes. I just used them for a referral to an oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth yanked since my old dentist retired.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My dad asked me if I wanted the blue bug or would prefer a 190k 03 1.8T GTi in need of a timing belt

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
bug

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
GTI motor in bug.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

sharkytm posted:

GTI FoST motor in bug.

fixed

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I refuse to let my mouth dictate my diet but gently caress these crackers hurt

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kozy Shack pudding is the bomb yo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sushi!

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Congee. You're welcome.

It's basically rice porridge, which sounds enh as hell, but it's the best thing in the world for sass gut, sinner's rear end, or wreckmouth.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Soak those crackers in the water before munching on them.
You'll just need to adopt a geriatric (toothless) way of feeding yourself for the time being, but eventually, when you get your chompers installed, you'll be able to gnaw on dinosaur bones. Hang in there, buddy!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm glad you got the big, I thought for a while you'd been gifted the van instead?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Eat some Fritos. For science.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm glad you got the big, I thought for a while you'd been gifted the van instead?

I was, but I paid for the Bug. But they have my little brother's old GTI since he got a FoST as well

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hmm... the Bug can typically be fixed on the side of the road (unless it pops another brake line).

The GTI will always find new and amusing ways to break, because that's what modernish VWs do. :v:

You like slamming your dick in car doors repeatedly, right? GTI.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Goodwill scores

One good thing about oral surgery, my diet can include custard based pastries

I also optimised the vehicular parking situation.

Also the gti i think isnt a gti, 05/00, 5mt, base model seats. Floormats say gti but trunk says golf 1.8T. Also there's a severely rough idle and this

Mom just said she just noticed the Bug is smaller than the Focus.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, I thought those louvers behind the windows on the beetle didn't vent to the engine (like on the bus), but vented to the three plastic "door close vents" by the rear window. Meaning that scoops like that would pressurize the cabin, whereas otherwise they're meant to reduce pressure in the cabin and allow air to flow through. That's a 71-72 super, right? That's where they vented on my 72.

(Plus, 71-72 super best [cheap] beetle - flat windscreen and metal dash, but more frunk space and smoother ride/tighter turning radius)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A couple things right and wrong there. Correct on the scoops, but my dad has always been up front that he put them on because they look cool and no other reason. Correct on the 72 Super, but incorrect on the dash. All US market models, standard and super, had a padded dash from 68+. Many people removed the pads, but you can tell due to the accessories not being flush mount and extra holes in the metal underneath. The only difference between a 71 and 72 super is the heater vent control knobs. One is round and one is kinda a rhombus shape.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Well yeah but the pad on mine was lovely and cracked so I popped it off and, well, you remember, turbofucked the rest. But I've seen some weld jobs that looked good where they plugged the holes and repainted. Also, right before I sold it I made replacement windshield vents that were flush, but I guess not everybody has access to a 3D printer.

Didn't know about the heater control knobs. My 72 had round heater knobs, but who knows if they were stock. And I know a lot of people poo poo on the super for having the "high speed shimmy," but I fixed that on mine by replacing literally every bushing and the steering damper and the struts and strut bearings. Once I did that everything was smooth and solid :<emoji with face slowly lifting bundle of cash>:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, it could also be one of those soft roll over updates that VW liked to do like every so often when they just ran all the extra parts they had on hand and didnt strictly follow model refresh cut offs, that always makes it hard to say absolutely for sure whats correct during a resto unless you have proper documentation on the older and rarer stuff

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Eh, it could also be one of those soft roll over updates that VW liked to do like every so often when they just ran all the extra parts they had on hand and didnt strictly follow model refresh cut offs, that always makes it hard to say absolutely for sure whats correct during a resto unless you have proper documentation on the older and rarer stuff

Saab did the same thing back in the 60s - 80s) where at times they just used up whatever parts they had stock of.

Dave - now you have the van and the bug please don’t end up just selling/giving one away when you run out of cash.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well, that'll never happen now that I've leveraged every last cent I have into bitcoin, it can only go up now that all the weak hands have been shaken loose

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Well, that'll never happen now that I've leveraged every last cent I have into bitcoin, it can only go up now that all the weak hands have been shaken loose

okay zaurg.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol, get out of shower, finish towelling off, put on glasses, immediately pour can of soda all over yourself head to toe because your glasses fogged up and you missed your mouth

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Lol, get out of shower, finish towelling off, put on glasses, immediately pour can of soda all over yourself head to toe because your glasses fogged up and you missed your mouth

we've all been there.

one thing strange about the GTI is there isnt a CEL, which my VW had and I spent years chasing it all over.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If not by pure chance, I would have accidentally been vaping in a mk4 VAG product just a few minutes ago

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Literally just overheard "JEEP SHOULD BRING BACK THE PATRIOT!" Non ironically

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Literally just overheard "JEEP SHOULD BRING BACK THE PATRIOT!" Non ironically

Punch that person in the face or tell them they are wrong, whichever strikes your fancy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What?! No. What? No. What? No. No.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don't do it!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

What?! No. What? No. What? No. No.

This confuses me too.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Rough idle on 1.8t could be crankcase breather valve which is really cheap and easy. That or the coil packs- is it giving any codes/is it happy off idle?

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 11, 2018

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

That is some pro tier snacking. Look at the plate stack.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-maserati-228/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-03-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That's a reasonable Biturbo, if there ever was such a thing.

• Locked thread