Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

The PS4 has had one good console exclusive in 4 years and it's the most successful console ever so it has nothing to do with software offerings

The competition either lacked most major titles or initially set out to severely handicap its ability to play software so I'd say it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Funny that the Xbox one actually has a better library at this point

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

No bloodborne so it's poo poo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Once again the PS4 is cool and good and has plenty of cool fun games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Even if you're doing the "only exclusives count" thing, I honestly dunno any xbox ones outside of the obvious remaining MS IPs and Indies (and I think most if not all of those are also on PC).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGghmzHGR0Y

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hm there was something besides ffxv and stellaris on pc i wanted to try this weekend, but it's not occurring to me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

Flipper flop is god tier

the seals had mustaches in the remix

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

they would if they didn't release everything on pc that isn't like. halo 5 or sunset overdrive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Even if the dumb rhetoric that Bloodborne is the only PS4 game that's good were true that's still one more good game than the Bone has.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm doing a full playthrough of the gradius series and then i'm gonna play through all of r-type. gradius 1 and 2 were cool, i can't wait to emulate gradius 3 being emulated on a system that can run it at more than 1/3 speed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol “rhetoric”

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watching a youtube video of this very sick minecraft ripoff eco, and its just a bunch of people freaking out about how the game has excavators... and I'm getting excited about it too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol “rhetoric”

The important part was 'dumb'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm counting the fact that all the greatest hits of the 360 are back compat and Sony went through the development effort of making a PS2 emulator with trophy support and then had their heads of staff go out in PR interviews and say the PS2 was a ugly trash system for dumbasses and then murder that lineup immediately. gently caress Sony, all their success is on a silver platter from that first lucky break of that guy handing the other guy a disc and saying thanks for the game. The ps3 is probably one of the worst consoles ever and it still had better exclusives than the PS4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh for sure man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mgs4 and demons souls were enough to justify a ps3, Bloodborne was what got me to buy a PS4. Is the justification for the PS5 they unveil next year going to be "well you don't want to lose your ps+ games do you?"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Please stop running a campaign of disinformation against the Sony Playstation 4™

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the PS4 is a pretty good console to play JRPGs on

or was at the beginning of its lifespan, when it wasn't yet the case that every JRPG was on steam

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I literally can't think of a single game on the Xbone I care about. Everything worth a drat from Microsoft ends up on PC nowadays.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's also true of PS4 games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

at least yakuza isn't coming out on pc, yet

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
I like my Xbox a lot, but I wish it played no mans sky but hey if I want to play it *poof* just dust off the ol Sony PlayStation 4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

\so'
] [[[[[[is no man's sky actually a good game now or what, i only know i dismissed it entirely a few days after release

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sorry cat wanted to help type that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

\so'
] [[[[[[is no man's sky actually a good game now or what, i only know i dismissed it entirely a few days after release

People seem to like Subnautica, yeah.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

subnautica was an interesting surprise for me

mostly because as a guy who really prefers goal driven games i expected subnautica to peter out fast, then it turned out there was a story? and a goal, and measurable progress???

same for stardew valley actually, i just finished year 2 and i think i'm about done now that i'm so rich there's no more milestones to hit, but i sure didn't expect to play that as hard as i did

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NMS is in an okay place now, but also maybe a little confused about what it wants to be. the procgen was improved to make things a lot more varied and distinct from planet to planet, the flight controls are no longer awful, they added ground vehicles and capital ships etc that all make exploration a little more interesting.

but on the other hand some of their updates feel a little grafted on and at odds with everything else in the game. there's a big story progression that is written in an entirely different voice from all the other dialogue in the game and its a little disjointed, and now the game leans in much harder into being a survival game, you can designate one planet as your home planet and build a colony on it. its something they probably really needed to do but it does feel kinda weird to put down roots and play mediocre subnautica when everything else in the game is very much telling you not to feel particularly invested in any one planet and to just keep moving

like I don't know that they've changed enough of it to convince anyone that was weirdly hostile about it at release, but also if you're someone like me that liked it but wished there was more to do, most of the updates stand a good chance of not really appealing to them because its so different thematically

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There should probably be less early access games on consoles, especially full price ones.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Saying people were "weirdly hostile" about NMS is pretty weird given that game was a massive scam. People were right to be pissed about that.

Of course I think people were fools to buy into it in the first place. Nobody should fall for games like that after Spore.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gonna regret relitigating NMS in the chat thread, but nah, it was like 95% the game they said it was. everything except multiplayer

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You're right its definitely the game they said it was if you ignore that it lacked anything that is actually supposed to make the game fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had a weird dream the other day that blinx the time sweeper got a release on steam

I've never even played Blinx. Ever.

Was Blinx any good?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean, it's nowhere near the same level of scam as Fortnite, which is I think one of the best selling PS4 games ever and also early access and now semi-permanently abandoned

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The "success" of Fortnite is proof that gamers don't actually deserve good products.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

homeless snail posted:

gonna regret relitigating NMS in the chat thread, but nah, it was like 95% the game they said it was. everything except multiplayer

It had nowhere near half of what they promised

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

You're right its definitely the game they said it was if you ignore that it lacked anything that is actually supposed to make the game fun.
okay, but they didn't claim it was going to have any of whatever it is you're talking about either

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

don't even know what Fortnite is only that it exists and is a battle royale or something and that's kind of all the knowledge i need to avoid it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

don't even know what Fortnite is only that it exists and is a battle royale or something and that's kind of all the knowledge i need to avoid it

That's Fortnite: Battle Royale, which is a distinct, free product. Fortnite is a Early Access survival game that they sold (and still sell) in a box for 60 dollars with no indication that what you're buying is in fact, an incomplete scam that will never be updated because Battle Royale is where they make their money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

homeless snail posted:

okay, but they didn't claim it was going to have any of whatever it is you're talking about either

Look I just watched the video I'm sure we've all seen of devs talking about stuff that was going to be in the game contrasted with the absence of it in launch. Its not just multiplayer.

Ciaphas posted:

Fortnite is an early access game somehow sold in retail. It was supposed to be a trend-chasing horde survival game that were all the rage a few years ago. But at some point the devs noticed how big PUBG was. So they abandoned the actual main game in favor of making a battle royal mode. That's what got tons of people to play it.

So it was a shameless trend chasing game devoid of soul that blatantly chased after a different trend after people had already bought it. The fact that people don't see this as incredibly scummy and instead have embraced it is why we're gonna get a bunch of awful PUBG clones this year.

• Locked thread