Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Waffleman_ posted:

Reboot Azumanga Daioh

no need, it's already perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

I'm wondering who the target audience is, though, since the last novel was published almost a decade ago.
Uh, Boogiepop Anthithesis came out 2 years ago, my dude (It's pretty good. And creepy as hell). Or did you mean a translated novel?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the novels are still going, and also the novels started 20 years ago. this and the manga are a big 20th anniversary sales push. they'll probably reprint all the older novels too.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Parallax posted:

reboot excel saga

But Excel Saga already rebooted itself like 10 times!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

I think she's a fantastic voice actress and with her fairly good range, I know that she'll keep on providing us with a ton of rad performances. I just hope that it's not like 2010-2013 where things felt very homogenized as far as lead VA's go.

I really like everything she's done.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reboot my rear end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They really should bring back Vandread

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I'm very late to the party, but magus bride is great.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

no need, it's already perfect

not like that has stopped them before :negative:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

*bangs fist on the table* And dammit, god bless her I say

Seeing her at the Nier Automata dinner show was amazing.

Hearing her Adam imitation was fun enough, but her extensive list of questions was even better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I think she's a fantastic voice actress and with her fairly good range, I know that she'll keep on providing us with a ton of rad performances. I just hope that it's not like 2010-2013 where things felt very homogenized as far as lead VA's go.
jokes aside aoi yuuki was only in like 8 shows last year. shes just mostly in very high profile shows

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Aoi Yuuki is probably one of the most talented VAs in that industry. Also Kana Hanazawa's been knocking it out of the park in the Antactica show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most talented va is satomi arai

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
arai makes me laugh my rear end off every time she screeches onto screen

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wark Say posted:

Uh, Boogiepop Anthithesis came out 2 years ago, my dude (It's pretty good. And creepy as hell). Or did you mean a translated novel?

The results in google stopped at Pyramid (2008), and were organized in such a way that it looked like if there had been any others they would have been included.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

outside of a great op i wasn't too into boogiepop phantom, with it being a rather low budget fanfiction production that couldn't really compete with all the other 00 series that did the same thing (a lot of them sharing the same staff and kaori shimizu being one of the main leads in almost every one of them didn't help either), but if the new one is actually adapting the novels it'll probably be better. besides, that style of anime being dead for a decade will help a lot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

outside of a great op i wasn't too into boogiepop phantom, with it being a rather low budget fanfiction production that couldn't really compete with all the other 00 series that did the same thing (a lot of them sharing the same staff and kaori shimizu being one of the main leads in almost every one of them didn't help either), but if the new one is actually adapting the novels it'll probably be better. besides, that style of anime being dead for a decade will help a lot

to be fair to boogiepop phantom i think it was the first one of those? of the like boogiepop/haibane/kino/are we counting wolf's rain/etc lot it came out like 2-3 years before those.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah, it and especially the ln was one of the first (and one of the first lns in general iirc). anime wise lain beat it to the punch though. and i wasn't even thinking of most you named lol, thinking more alien 9, ghost hound and the such. it was a big genre once...

perhaps im just a bit unfair to it, seeing as i watched a lot of the others before it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
that's an interesting point, it feels like there used to be a higher proportion of those kinds of broodier, sedate shows filled with psychological angst. they don't seem as common these days

the last recent one like that was houseki no kuni. studio ig doesnt get as much work as it used to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyqLicTBmI

the pv looks really good at least

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Boogiepop has the feel of a different time. The original (Boogiepop and Others / Boogiepop doesn't laugh) came out... what, like 20 years ago?

Jesus Rude Boy Christ, it did. It's a little shy of 20 years and a month. It was one of the first novels I attempted to read(poorly, with tons of struggles, and coming close to actually giving up on learning Japanese) in its original language back when I started formally learning Japanese back in 2002. My Japanese teacher sold it to me for like $200 pesos (around 21 dollars back then)

I'm so loving old. :negative:

Also, just watched the newest Dagashi Kashi and I cannot stop chuckling at the word "Internets!". I'm old and easily amused.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hajime is so great. I hope Hotaru never comes back.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hajime is so great. I hope Hotaru never comes back.
Well, we have the dumb City Kid covered with the Manager of the store (Yutaka Beni? Beni Yutaka?), who's also voiced by Sugita. And for real, Hajime herself is better than Hotaru in basically every front. In 3 (technically 4 I guess?) episodes she basically made the show a ton better.

I'm not complaining. :allears:

Also, what happened to your Kei AV, GG? :(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's clearly a trophy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Well, we have the dumb City Kid covered with the Manager of the store (Yutaka Beni? Beni Yutaka?), who's also voiced by Sugita. And for real, Hajime herself is better than Hotaru in basically every front. In 3 (technically 4 I guess?) episodes she basically made the show a ton better.

I'm not complaining. :allears:

Also, what happened to your Kei AV, GG? :(

I think it's from the PYF funny pictures thread. I have a lot of enemies there.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

It's clearly a trophy.
Miku pls. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it's from the PYF funny pictures thread. I have a lot of enemies there.

Should have stuck to explaining why the pictures are funny

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hotaru and Hajime are both good, but Saya is still the best.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/972585437402296320/pu/vid/640x360/Vq0inZOOwk92o-Qf.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iospace posted:

I have questions
they're dead op

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Spring Season 2018: Is there enough burning spirit to thaw the chill of Winter?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

whats that

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

squark is a true ally for posting scary glasses dom

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In Takunomi when they brought out the Umaibo I was like "lol they're doing a crossover with Dagashi Kashi" and then they literally did a crossover with Dagashi Kashi

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
How common are crossovers in anime*? I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

*Not counting video games.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eela6 posted:

How common are crossovers in anime*? I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

There was a bonus chapter of the Haikyuu manga where they went to the beach and met the people from Nisekoi

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

It was answered elsewhere for Ibram but it's Idolish 7 for anyone here wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Eela6 posted:

There's those tv specials that cross over One Piece with everything (okay just Dragonball and Toriko).

• Locked thread