Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

the greatest sagas of the SA forums: all they do is turn into a box of dead bees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shifty Nipples posted:

Yeah he moved a barbecue or fire-pit under the mass of bees on the swing-set and filled it with fire.
He also threw a car axle at the top bar of the swingset and there is a perfectly timed picture of the ball of bees in free fall and the guy in the background running away.

And by "filled it with fire" you mean "threw paint thinner and gasoline on the fire"

Great thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Animal control would know how to deal with bees or be able to point you in the direction of a business that does, wouldn't they?

Back when I worked for a utility we had a process for contacting beekeepers because bees love to stay over in toasty warm utility boxes. They had to determine what type of bees they were and usually take the hive/swarm alive because of state/federal laws protecting honeybees and determining if the bees were hybrids to track that sort of thing.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Olive! posted:

Man, gently caress mentally ill people, amiright?

I understand it's a good way to get banned in auspol.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

He also threw a car axle at the top bar of the swingset and there is a perfectly timed picture of the ball of bees in free fall and the guy in the background running away.

And by "filled it with fire" you mean "threw paint thinner and gasoline on the fire"

Great thread.

Ah yes, I only remembered that he hit it with a thing and that there was fire.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
FOUND IT

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2243176

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Like on the one hand I feel bad for the bees, but on the other, beefall/fire owns.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Labes for days posted:

Like on the one hand I feel bad for the bees, but on the other, beefall/fire owns.

Evolution marches on. If bees take up some unobtrusive spot on my property I'll probably just ignore it. If you create a massive pulsating ball of bees on my little cousin's swingset, I will go apex predator on you.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

archive.org version with pics

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol you are so mad about this

Nah, he’s just a bad-faith poster. Unlike you, who’s merely dumb. :)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Avenging_Mikon posted:

:thurman:

Also, I can't imagine being broke-brained enough to need trigger warnings on my video games. Holy lol

E. what's the name of the gay tweeker goon with a fiery temper? May have been into sounding like too...He was a great source of entertainment while he posted here.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Mar 10, 2018

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Sweet Christ goons were (are) dumb:

quote:

did you get their honey or was it destroyed?

Posting culture was kind of different then, this reads like some loving imgur comments poo poo:

quote:

I knew there was a reason I'm not sleeping at 4 A.M. before christmas, this thread was it. Thank you for justifying it! You have my 5.

Surprising number of "gently caress bees" posts, the forums have definitely turned around on that topic since then.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Awesome thanks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am glad those bees are dead.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

Surprising number of "gently caress bees" posts, the forums have definitely turned around on that topic since then.

Oh, you didn't hear of Guillermo del Toro's next project, The Shape of Honey, set to come out just in time for the 2020 Academy Awards?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

you da real mvp

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

I am glad those bees are dead.

Bees spread flowers and flowers make pollen and pollen makes me sneeze. Bees are a plague and should be put down. Once science develops a synthetic honey we should eradicate them from the face of the earth.

No more bees, no more sneeze.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
No more plants or animals either. It will be like The Road only not all gray.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bees spread flowers and flowers make pollen and pollen makes me sneeze. Bees are a plague and should be put down. Once science develops a synthetic honey we should eradicate them from the face of the earth.

No more bees, no more sneeze.

i saw that black mirror

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Caganer posted:

Evolution marches on. If bees take up some unobtrusive spot on my property I'll probably just ignore it. If you create a massive pulsating ball of bees on my little cousin's swingset, I will go apex predator on you.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, just the piles of lil dead bees made me sad.

If they'd been wasps or hornets I would have been utterly gleeful.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't like wasps either but apparently they eat a shitload of other pests that would bother us or cause diseases? Wasps are actually good angry bois.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's find a way to get spiders to make honey and pollinize plants. Then we wouldn't have to deal with stupid flying syringes anymore.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
all living things have a purpose so i try to be kind but if an animal is dumb enough to antagonize me when i'm giving it its space, it's gonna die.

go ahead, make a bees nest in a tree, ill avoid it.

make a bees nest in my drat deck chair? yeah im getting some hairspray and a lighter

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What about a bees nest in a goons wife?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's ok, with amazon prime you can get a replacement body pillow within two days.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's ok, with amazon prime you can get a replacement body pillow within two days.

Objects are made by men and used for many purposes. But we never love objects.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pham Nuwen posted:

Sweet Christ goons were (are) dumb:

Posting culture was kind of different then, this reads like some loving imgur comments poo poo:

The original thread was December 24th 2006. A lot has changed in 11 years and a few months. In fact, imgur wasn't even around back then.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Mar 10, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Caganer posted:

Objects are made by men and used for many purposes. But we never love objects.

This phrase sees IRL use surprisingly often. Great episode.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Charles Bukowski posted:

No more plants or animals either. It will be like The Road only not all gray.

No. Bees are an invasive species in America and only gently caress over native pollinators.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Paladinus posted:

No. Bees are an invasive species in America and only gently caress over native pollinators.

The hit movie Bee Movie shows us a world without bees and it means all plants everywhere die.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mammal Sauce posted:

Also, I can't imagine being broke-brained enough to need trigger warnings on my video games. Holy lol

eh honestly this kind of depends on the game

like, using GTA as an example, it'd be kind of silly to put a blanket violence or sex or cursing TW on it because no poo poo, Sherlock, but... on the other hand, GTAV has a required story mission with a really graphic and disturbing interactive torture scene, and I could totally see people wanting some warning about that

and like, i've had some friends who've been raped or otherwise victimized and found the Tomb Raider reboot rough to get through (at least early on before you go Full Rambo)

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

This phrase sees IRL use surprisingly often. Great episode.

it's invaded my vocabulary. "good god lemon" is my goto "jesus christ"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's centipedes, dufus.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's find a way to get spiders to make honey and pollinize plants. Then we wouldn't have to deal with stupid flying syringes anymore.

That was in an episode of Sliders, they crossed spiders with wasps and the process somehow made them 6 inches long too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

All I wanted to know was whats wrong with being pro mental health.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I think that it is possible to laugh at something that seems out of place without that being a judgement call. Like, you can laugh at someone farting during a funeral proceeding and find that funny in itself without it meaning that you do not respect the dead, and much the same, you can find it funny that a Let's Play about Mega Man includes information on how to cope with depression and a hotlink to a suicide prevention hotline, without that meaning that you do not respect Mega Man.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't respect Mega Man. Mega Man was and is a terrible game for jerks.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Grandmother of Five posted:

I think that it is possible to laugh at something that seems out of place without that being a judgement call. Like, you can laugh at someone farting during a funeral proceeding and find that funny in itself without it meaning that you do not respect the dead, and much the same, you can find it funny that a Let's Play about Mega Man includes information on how to cope with depression and a hotlink to a suicide prevention hotline, without that meaning that you do not respect Mega Man.

And what's the argument against a general-use mental health thread?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't respect Mega Man. Mega Man was and is a terrible game for jerks.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Olive! posted:

And what's the argument against a general-use mental health thread?

If you take me as making an argument against that kind of thread, then I either express myself poorly or you misread me. I don't really doubt that there is a need and a use for that information, including on a comedy forum, but the juxtaposition is funny all the same. It reminds me of that "Pagliacci" joke, which to me also has no value-judgement in it.