Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The house was neat until I finished Tarrey Town then I never went back.

rip pointless house

I don't know. It has an iron hammer restocked every blood moon. That's good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I was furious that I didn't get a house in Tarrey Town. I collected god knows how much wood to construct that place, and I don't even get a little clifftop cottage out of it? Outrageous.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Coolest thing I've done in this game is still make it from the ground to the literal top of Hyrule Castle without fighting anything but guardians by just climbing judiciously and picking my routes well, more games should give you options like that

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I’d buy a Bolson DLC.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So the first divine beast I’m going after is the one by Zora’s Domain, and making the approach to the domain was cool as hell. I only have four hearts and a couple of decent weapons so I was sneaking on groups, doing stealth takedowns and headshots, and just trying to survive while Weird Fish Prince is cheering me on.

I’m still not sure I love this game but that whole sequence was cool as hell.

When I first went through that journey I was convinced that Sidon was a coward or was luring me into a trap. "Hey you just have to go through this section full of guys that can kill you. Anyway, instead of helping or anything I'm just going to swim ahead. Anyway, don't die! I know you can do it!"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Gluten Freeman posted:

I was furious that I didn't get a house in Tarrey Town. I collected god knows how much wood to construct that place, and I don't even get a little clifftop cottage out of it? Outrageous.

there is a moral here about laboring for others and aiding in building essentially a corporate enclave with nearly religious rules for homeownership

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gluten Freeman posted:

Your name isn't Linkson so...

but yeah I want a drat house there as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't know. It has an iron hammer restocked every blood moon. That's good to know.

I guess it's good to know there's something that I will never want there, yeah.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You don't need to be named -son to live there, just to be employed in developing and maintaining it. There are other residents.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

When I first went through that journey I was convinced that Sidon was a coward or was luring me into a trap. "Hey you just have to go through this section full of guys that can kill you. Anyway, instead of helping or anything I'm just going to swim ahead. Anyway, don't die! I know you can do it!"

Since I don't take roads I pretty much avoided this whole bit. Next play through I'll only follow the roads first before getting off the beaten track.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So the first divine beast I’m going after is the one by Zora’s Domain, and making the approach to the domain was cool as hell. I only have four hearts and a couple of decent weapons so I was sneaking on groups, doing stealth takedowns and headshots, and just trying to survive while Weird Fish Prince is cheering me on.

I’m still not sure I love this game but that whole sequence was cool as hell.

Damnit I knew I missed something getting to Zora’s Domain. I didn’t meet Prince Sidon until I got to the throne room.

I even asked this thread if I could meet him earlier and nobody told me where to go.

gently caress :negative:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jesus christ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
THERE

IS

NO

RIGHT

WAY

gently caress

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It’s just something I would’ve liked to do, and now I can’t. :shrug:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Like post just once in a thread, hear some advice, then heed it, never to return?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

You didn't miss anything. Seeing Sidon before reaching Zora's Domain is just one of many possible paths.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
All he does is pop up once in a while and say "good job, see you in a couple of minutes"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Actually it's an awesome sequence and your experience is lesser having missed it.

:twisted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Regy Rusty posted:

Actually it's an awesome sequence and your experience is lesser having missed it.

:twisted:

Lmao but this is one of the compelling reason to play more than once.

That guy got a different experience that you missed AND you got one he missed. You literally can't do everything in one run and there's no goddamn right way

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

9 years OPing these threads and this is the first time I've wanted to discourage someone from playing Zelda.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

So I’m trying to finish this Xenoblade side quest and I’ve found the “largest bridge” and “skull’s left eye” stars, but the “tall, pierced, snowy mountain” one is stumping me. I thought for sure they meant Gerudo Summit, since it’s tall, snowy, and has a huge loving stone sword sticking out of it, but I’ve stood at the highest point and faced the appropriate direction in the middle of the night and... nothing. Am I off base or am I just doing it wrong? If I’m looking in the entirely wrong place, I’d appreciate a not-too-obvious hint.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Weedle posted:

So I’m trying to finish this Xenoblade side quest and I’ve found the “largest bridge” and “skull’s left eye” stars, but the “tall, pierced, snowy mountain” one is stumping me. I thought for sure they meant Gerudo Summit, since it’s tall, snowy, and has a huge loving stone sword sticking out of it, but I’ve stood at the highest point and faced the appropriate direction in the middle of the night and... nothing. Am I off base or am I just doing it wrong? If I’m looking in the entirely wrong place, I’d appreciate a not-too-obvious hint.

That's not the mountain you seek. Specifically, the one you mention is not the tallest snowy mountain in Hyrule.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I thought it was Mount Lanayru.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bongo Bill posted:

That's not the mountain you seek. Specifically, the one you mention is not the tallest snowy mountain in Hyrule.

And doesn't have a chunk taken out of it if you look from the right angle.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fuzz posted:

I thought it was Mount Lanayru.

I did too at first.

The Bloop posted:

Lmao but this is one of the compelling reason to play more than once.

That guy got a different experience that you missed AND you got one he missed. You literally can't do everything in one run and there's no goddamn right way

Yeah. I mean I never took roads. It was great to crest a mountain after battling with my own poor stamina, standing on nearly vertical cracks recuperating, and coming over and just below seeing this water filled valley with sleek silver architecture. There's a wonder in that you wouldn't get by having some fishman encouraging you every 20 meters or whatever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Damnit I knew I missed something getting to Zora’s Domain. I didn’t meet Prince Sidon until I got to the throne room.

I even asked this thread if I could meet him earlier and nobody told me where to go.

gently caress :negative:

Can we all agree to just ignore this posters requests for advice from here on out?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

Can we all agree to just ignore this posters requests for advice from here on out?

I will still both answer and correctively mock

Keep posting goon who refuses to get it and may be trolling

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

What happened to me was that I kept running into Zora who kept pestering me to go to talk to their prince and that just made me want to tell them to piss off because I wanted to do my own thing which lead me to doing all the towers before I went there and did the first Divine Beast. :allears:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Walking up the road to Zora's Domain, with the permanent rain and the blockades of Lizalfos with lightning arrows, was a fun adventure too.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That was my least favorite part. Combined with the 3 fps that I was getting in docked, ugh.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've experienced Zora's Domain both ways; climbing and gliding in from the back, and the "traditional" way by following the road and getting loving encouragement from my fish boyfriend Sidon. Both were great for completely different reasons; first former from an emergent make-my-own-way standpoint, and the latter from a fun extended puzzle-ish combat encounter standpoint.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yesterday I completed the entire Tarrey Town side quest.

I enjoyed blowing up lots of trees, deforesting large swaths of Hyrule and ruining the environment in the process, to fill up my wood inventory. :getin:

Then I watched a Gerudo woman, standing at the altar with her future husband, resign herself to the fact that she was going to spend the rest of her life with a man who would force her to give all of her children names that end in “-son” in accordance with the rules of his weird job...... that part was kinda sad but the rest was fun I guess.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags. Sorry about that.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 10, 2018

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Spoilers...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Turns out that people are modding custom armors and weapons into the game via CEMU and some of it isn't too bad, though a lot is just model rips that don't match BOTW's art so they look bad.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Yesterday I completed the entire Tarrey Town side quest.

I enjoyed blowing up lots of trees, deforesting large swaths of Hyrule and ruining the environment in the process, to fill up my wood inventory. :getin:

Then I watched a Gerudo woman, standing at the altar with her future husband, resign herself to the fact that she was going to spend the rest of her life with a man who would force her to give all of her children names that end in “-son” in accordance with the rules of his weird job...... that part was kinda sad but the rest was fun I guess.

Spoiler that end of quest poo poo you loving dumbass

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chill Penguin posted:

Spoiler that end of quest poo poo you loving dumbass

... Okay, I didn’t know we were still using spoiler tags now that the game has been out for over a year, but I went back and added them. Sorry for being a jerk.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

... Okay, I didn’t know we were still using spoiler tags now that the game has been out for over a year, but I went back and added them. Sorry for being a jerk.

Just the kind of apology I'd expect from a jerk :mad:

Seriously tho that is a great quest chain :)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Finally went and beat Ganon. Got all the shrines and roughly 300 korok poops. Got all the outfits and mostly upgraded them all. Generally had a great time. At the same time something felt like it was missing, and I kind of went to beat ganon not because I wanted to but more because I felt like I ran out of other stuff to do.

I think it was a step in the right direction but for the next game I want them to MM it, make a smaller hyrule with more in-depth quests and detail to the world. The shrines all felt too short and the divine beasts, while awesome, didnt quite scratch the dungeon itch. This game needed caves to explore.

Enemy variety was bad and I just ignored combat after a certain point. Moldugas ended up being my favorite thing to fight. I wish there were more specialized area foes like that.

The music was really disappointing for a Zelda game. The artistic decison for minimal tunes makes sense but what was there was still lackluster for a series where I normally get extremely into the tunes. The lost woods music was the only track that stood out to me.

It was fun to just wander doing nothing important though, this is the best Zelda for just loving around.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Friends; pour one out for my BotW save file. The HDD I had attached to my console has bit the dust, taking everything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
?! The save file is stored on the console itself, not on any external media or the cartridge or SD card.