Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
at my wife's behest we took a detour to watch jawbreaker. it's like a titty-loving john waters set out to play it really safe. in compensation, I'm making her watch pink flamingos and the craft tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Aquaria is giving me Milk vibes which, ugh.

Aquaria looks almost exactly like Farah to me. Dusty Ray Bottoms also looks a LOT like Acid Betty in her promo. I haven't watched any Meet the Queens yet but I'm really interested in Kalorie and Monet.

Also yeah Trixie's album is supremely good and everyone should listen to it. It's seriously old school country with a gay vibe which is GOOD. I hope she puts out more.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

at my wife's behest we took a detour to watch jawbreaker. it's like a titty-loving john waters set out to play it really safe. in compensation, I'm making her watch pink flamingos and the craft tomorrow.

Jawbreaker is great if you watch it in slow motion ngl. It's quite possibly my favourite comedy pasttime with my bestie. One time we watched all of Kubrick's Lolita in slowmo and it was like five hours long but incredibly loving hilarious and worth it. Slowmo The Last Unicorn is also very good.

Slow motion voices are never not funny.

Has your wife not seen The Craft yet??? Is she the only lesbian who hasn't?

e: seconding or thirding or w/e all the Two Birds love. really great album.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
A little over a year ago I saw Trixie perform at a 140 capacity club that was like ~3/4 full if I'm being generous.

Today tickets went on sale to see her at an 800 seat theater and under two hours after they were up (when I remembered it was today) it was sold out.

:unsmith:
That's phenomenal for her and I'm super excited she's got that kind of following now but I sure wish it hadn't gone that fast, she's my favorite queen and I was really looking forward to seeing her again. Maybe she'll add more dates or I'll get super lucky on stubhub or something.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Jawbreaker is great if you watch it in slow motion ngl. It's quite possibly my favourite comedy pasttime with my bestie. One time we watched all of Kubrick's Lolita in slowmo and it was like five hours long but incredibly loving hilarious and worth it. Slowmo The Last Unicorn is also very good.

Slow motion voices are never not funny.

Has your wife not seen The Craft yet??? Is she the only lesbian who hasn't?

e: seconding or thirding or w/e all the Two Birds love. really great album.

Yeah she's never seen the craft. Keep in mind she married a "guy" who later tore off a rubber mask to reveal it was a sexy lady the whole time.

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
that's such a cute way of phrasing it :3:

I wish I got to see more queens live. there's not many in my local scene in general (we literally have one gay bar in the whole city...) and the only RuGirl I've seen was ChiChi. she was great tho, that bitch can dance and she's so drat smiley and cute. the tickets were like $20 haha. I hope she's charging more now :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah she's never seen the craft. Keep in mind she married a "guy" who later tore off a rubber mask to reveal it was a sexy lady the whole time.

Fair lol

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

that's such a cute way of phrasing it :3:

I wish I got to see more queens live. there's not many in my local scene in general (we literally have one gay bar in the whole city...) and the only RuGirl I've seen was ChiChi. she was great tho, that bitch can dance and she's so drat smiley and cute. the tickets were like $20 haha. I hope she's charging more now :allears:

ChiChi and Aja are already the real winners of All Stars 3 because they quashed all of the misconceptions of how they appeared on their season.
In ChiChi's season you could see that she was really in her head because of very real financial anxiety. This time around she didn't seem faced because the only difference there really was is probably that she found her self enjoying it because she didn't overthink everything. Bitch was just happy to be there. :3:
I would really like to see Trinity K Bonnet come back because I got that ChiChi vibe off of her where I could see her do better and be more enjoyable now when she doesn't feel the pressure as much. plus Trinnity's outfits where amaaaazing.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 10, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Aquaria looks almost exactly like Farah to me. Dusty Ray Bottoms also looks a LOT like Acid Betty in her promo. I haven't watched any Meet the Queens yet but I'm really interested in Kalorie and Monet.

Also yeah Trixie's album is supremely good and everyone should listen to it. It's seriously old school country with a gay vibe which is GOOD. I hope she puts out more.

Her second album, One Stone, comes out in a week and a half. :)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Her second album, One Stone, comes out in a week and a half. :)

Her timing on releasing that new single after the Variety Show episode and then releasing the whole album once the season ends is A+

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I bought my ticket for Trixie's stop in SLC and I can't wait till June. I love Trixie's music and hope that we have a good crowd out here for her.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Just listened to two birds and it's just plain old good country music. It's a delight.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

cis autodrag posted:

I’m picturing this like a Scooby Doo reveal and it’s cracking me up ty

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
She would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tendai posted:

She would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Hey now, meddling with kids is a pretty nasty anti trans stereotype.....

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I keep skimming that part about The Craft and I'm shocked someone hasn't seen it but I'm 35 and watched that poo poo INTENSELY in high school at slumber parties.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Tendai posted:

I keep skimming that part about The Craft and I'm shocked someone hasn't seen it but I'm 35 and watched that poo poo INTENSELY in high school at slumber parties.

Holy poo poo, me, too. My best friend and I watched it religiously. We tried to call the corners once at her 12th birthday, but our super-Christian friend started screaming and crying hysterically about the devil and going to hell, so we just watched SNL instead.

I still think Fairuza Balk is a loving demon in that movie. So goddamn good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Craft was 100% my childhood due to having a teenage sister, and then my teenage years when I watched it with my friends.

Soooo many years of trying to levitate one another and summon Manon.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I feel like I'm the worst lesbian, I've absolutely never seen the Craft (tho if you name like ten movies I probably haven't seen any of them but thats just my life)

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I haven't seen anyone talk about the speech Kennedy gave about being an afterthough, it was a pretty :smith: moment. I am team Trixie (although like everyone else it's clear Shangela just wants it the most) but if I went to a drag con, I'd go see you first Kennedy :unsmith:

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Noise Machine posted:

I haven't seen anyone talk about the speech Kennedy gave about being an afterthough, it was a pretty :smith: moment. I am team Trixie (although like everyone else it's clear Shangela just wants it the most) but if I went to a drag con, I'd go see you first Kennedy :unsmith:

I would too. Poor Kennedy :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm just going to assume from now on that all Thai people I meet are really lovely at improvising fairy tales.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Noise Machine posted:

On one of the podcasts Michelle talks about how merchandise sales and M&G line lengths are the real drama causing poo poo on tour. Also that there really should be a show following the tour because it would be :discourse:

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Is Natalia Pliacam an incredibly horrible person to her follow competitors because:
- he is (relatively) wealthy, arrogant as gently caress and doesn't know any better
- he is the oldest and by far the least conventionally attractive person out of drag
- some cultural differences I don't understand or
- a combination of everything

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Natalie Pliacam is talented and cool and its her and Annee May's season to lose because the rest of the field is relatively talentless.

*turns back to you and sits down to slowly take off shoes*

Additionally, Natalie is an incredibly good person for lowering herself to compete with the rest of the bumblers so as to hopefully get the regionally franchised concept of drag race off the ground because without her it would be just a lot of un-necessary squealing and visual concepts that look like they were thought up in 3 minutes and executed in 5..

Imagine spending four consecutive days around Morrigan in the sort of plain sandwich and cheap motel room low budget conditions that are part of every first (through 5th) season of a drag race series and tell me you wouldn't stop bothering with the pleasantries.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Natalia annoys me but she's an amazing villain, and it's drag race so she will have an epic fail eventually.

It will be amazing :allears:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm rooting for Annee May but I really kind of love Dearis :allears:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm on team Annie hardcore, but I do have to admit I like Natalia just because she's such a huge bitch and it's really fun.

On that note, Episode 4 has been subtitled!! (The title of the video has not been updated to reflect it yet, it looks like, but the subtitles should be there.)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fxvx0

This week, the girls get a visit from Mother!

Subtitles can be turned on by clicking the icon in the upper right of the video and selecting them from the menu.

Additionally, this week's upcoming episode is :frogsiren: SNATCH GAME!

If you can't contain yourself, there's an untranslated commercial for it here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fzpgz

Aerox fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 12, 2018

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I can understand the issues with the fat suit and props but after 9 seasons and 2 runs of All Stars I see embracing it as a sign of confidence. The lip sync is such a major part of the show that the performance is not just about saving yourself / administering the chop but also creating iconic moments for yourself. All the Queens knew what the format was going to be, so not having a plan to me demonstrates that you didn't necessarily believe in yourself enough to think that far ahead. I think it was part of why Ben floundered in the lip syncs after winning the first one.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Also, Carmen Carrera did the fat suit first!

For anyone else who's (re)watching old seasons, it looks like EU Netflix is getting rid of the old Drag Race seasons after March 30th. :smith:

E: it's really helping my Spanish, though. Felicidragues!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 12, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

If I had a shot and a dollar for every time someone on this show yelled "I'm here, bitches!" for no apparent reason, I would be rich and dead.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Also, Carmen Carrera did the fat suit first!

For anyone else who's (re)watching old seasons, it looks like EU Netflix is getting rid of the old Drag Race seasons after March 30th. :smith:

E: it's really helping my Spanish, though. Felicidragues!

Oh poo poo I didn't even think about the fact that I could use Drag Race to help me learn German! Step aside, Peppa Wutz!

e: All right, five minutes in and I've already learned what "schöne titten" means.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 12, 2018

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Bliggers- posted:

On one of the podcasts Michelle talks about how merchandise sales and M&G line lengths are the real drama causing poo poo on tour. Also that there really should be a show following the tour because it would be :discourse:

When I saw the Kennedy/Little Richard shirt she wore a few episodes ago I made a mad dash for her store, but it wasn't available to buy. Kennedy needs to get on top of this because I'd throw money at her for one.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is Natalia ethnically Chinese? Him and Jaja definitely look different than the rest of the queens and he’s done a couple Chinese themed outfits for challenges (died at the wedding scene he did). I know he lives in Chinatown and sells coffins to Chinese people, but I also know zero about Thailand so :confused:

Maybe that could have something to do with his attitude towards the others.

I also don’t have a good sense of how much Thai Jaja understands. She didn’t know what the mirror said and in the first episode or two you could hear someone telling her a few Thai phrases to use.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

zelah posted:

Is Natalia ethnically Chinese?

Yeah, she mentions it while talking about her wedding look.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

zelah posted:

I also don’t have a good sense of how much Thai Jaja understands. She didn’t know what the mirror said and in the first episode or two you could hear someone telling her a few Thai phrases to use.

In the fairy tales she said "I heard my name and people laughing" without any understanding of the joke, so I'm guessing she doesn't really know much. My friend pointed out something interesting, as English speakers it's our first glimpse into how some of the Puerto Rican queens probably feel on the show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bliggers- posted:

Is Natalia Pliacam an incredibly horrible person to her follow competitors because:
- he is (relatively) wealthy, arrogant as gently caress and doesn't know any better
- he is the oldest and by far the least conventionally attractive person out of drag
- some cultural differences I don't understand or
- a combination of everything

I think it's a cultural difference. She not only brags about being very wealthy, she criticizes the other queens for being poor. And it goes both ways. The other queens say they like her because she is rich.

Whereas traditionally in America, it was incredibly uncouth to brag about being rich, even though everybody wants to be.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I loved that mini challenge on Drag Race Thailand! I love Pangina's laugh :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat right you have your own hat, Dearis. :3:

B Ella rocking the challenge right off, I love this show

Pangina's cackling :allears:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

drat shame that Ru's message to the top 7 wasn't delivered in thai that would have been delightful.

Also, please make a space for PanPan as minihost on US drag race.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 13, 2018

• Locked thread