Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I cannot wait to see how fast that high PC vote intention nosedives now that Ford is the face of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
He's going to move Queens Park to Rexdale.

Reince Penis posted:

I cannot wait to see how fast that high PC vote intention nosedives now that Ford is the face of the party.

Sure, maybe they lose a few red Tories, but the MAGA CHUD demo is in the bag.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm definitely voting Liberal

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I really want to meet the geniuses that needed to recount digital ballots

e: Toronto-Ontario_politics.jpg

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
<distant screaming>

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 26, 2018

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Reince Penis posted:

Mike Harris Tim Hudak Patrick Brown

Ford is much more of a continuity than a break

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Can't wait for the new premier to finally put that terrible city in its place. Transit, housing, facts, all bullshit for queer commie millenials! Get a job!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

James Baud posted:

Ford for prime minister, biggest majority ever!

way more people run on spite than you think, if you think it's a lot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, the next Premier of Ontario

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I can't help but wonder if some of the votes came down to Pick from 3 chicks or the dude.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Syfe posted:

I can't help but wonder if some of the votes came down to Pick from 3 chicks or the dude.

Well it's the conservative party of ontario so wonder no more.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 26, 2018

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 26, 2018

Jazz Police
Nov 6, 2009

It's your fault, man.

Syfe posted:

That's exactly what happened.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/972599424638693376?s=20
Please let this happen

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:bisonyes:

gently caress, I want this to be the dirtiest internal fight since they deposed Brown. Just rend the party in twain, please.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I don't want to say toadaso. But I loving toadaso.

Ford's going to win and somehow be even worse than wynne

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

infernal machines posted:

:bisonyes:

gently caress, I want this to be the dirtiest internal fight since they deposed Brown. Just rend the party in twain, please.

The more time Ford spends raging against Elliott the better, because nobody really knows or cares who she is.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

HappyHippo posted:

Apparently the Elliott camp wants the recount

FORD

*CLICK*

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I keep saying the pc got this election so long as they don't stab themselves in the face too much but holy crap haha

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn9s-erLyQM

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
ah, So u persecute the Conservative party just because they elect Doug Ford leader? Do Tell. (girls get mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:lol:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Watch out Eric Grenier
https://twitter.com/paulisci/status/972604430947201024

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Even if you're a conservative die hard, I don't know how you can look at this and say "yes, these guys should be leading the province for 4 years."

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Reince Penis posted:

Even if you're a conservative die hard, I don't know how you can look at this and say "yes, these guys should be leading the province for 4 years."

Nothing will spite the people who elected Wynne better than Doug Ford leading the province for 4 years.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

Kathleen Wynne is Hillary Clinton, so thank the stars her opponent is Patrick "Romney" Brown and not Rob "Trump" Ford.

And that's my analysis of Ontario politics. Please like and subscribe.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Reince Penis posted:

Imagine for a moment you voted for Doug Ford as leader of your party, of course you have no problem with any of this.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Wynne is Leno, Brown is Kimmel, Ford is Fallon

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

infernal machines posted:

Imagine for a moment you voted for Doug Ford as leader of your party, of course you have no problem with any of this.

Yeah but then imagine you're in the other half of the party that voted for Christine Elliot.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Reince Penis posted:

Yeah but then imagine you're in the other half of the party that voted for Christine Elliot.

when has this ever been an actual thing? They got in line behind Harris, and they got in line behind Hudak.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

And now, People who could almost certainly organize a pissup in a brewery present:
https://twitter.com/MariekeWalsh/status/972607454403026945

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Reince Penis posted:

Arent Conservatives known for being able to put that aside and vote for the party come election time?

Plus this is basically their Trump. This is exactly what they want if they want to win power.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

when has this ever been an actual thing? They got in line behind Harris, and they got in line behind Hudak.

Yeah but those were regular Conservative slime. Ford is just ew.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hand Knit posted:

This is the million dollar question, the old axiom that progressives fall in love while conservatives fall in line usually holds. But:

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris-selley-with-an-election-on-the-line-will-the-ontario-pcs-for-once-pick-the-safe-option

quote:

That sounds axiomatic, but voting intention has remained remarkably strong and stable for the Tories during their six-week festival of fiascos: the desire for change is strong enough, apparently, to survive the airing of some very dirty laundry. But Ford was always going to be the biggest test of that. Logic suggests he would be far more likely to put off potential centrist voters than Elliott or Mulroney, thanks to his open courting of social conservatives and bull-in-a-china-shop brand.

An Angus Reid poll released Thursday reinforced that: 52 per cent of respondents said they might or might not vote Tory; the pollster then asked whether each potential leader would make them more or less likely to vote for the party. Elliott’s net score — more likely minus less likely — was plus 27 per cent. Ford’s was minus 29 per cent.

It sounds like Doug is going to turn off as many people in his party as outside it.

:shrug:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Furnaceface posted:

Arent Conservatives known for being able to put that aside and vote for the party come election time?

this ain't america, the party discipline isn't there

they are -still- likely to win though because wynn is unpopular but they are trying as hard as possible to throw

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Doug Ford turning off party members is all well and good as long as everyone else remembers to get the gently caress out there and vote

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Doug Ford turning off party members is all well and good as long as everyone else remembers to get the gently caress out there and vote

Isnt Ontario second last for average voter turnout for provincial elections with only Newfoundland being worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Hand Knit posted:

The more time Ford spends raging against Elliott the better, because nobody really knows or cares who she is.

But what about their special and sweet friendship :(