Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That sounds rather odd as I have googled multiple firearms for sale just yesterday and got plenty of results. Also, google crosshoping 9mm ammo 2 days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
im sorry you're getting called out on your bigotry i have a penis and the gall to disagree with your discriminatory attitude

TheMaskedUgly has a new favorite as of 09:48 on Feb 28, 2018

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

TheMaskedUgly posted:

im sorry you're getting called out on your bigotry i have a penis and the gall to disagree with your discriminatory attitude

There are two things I can guarantee literally no-one is interested in, either now or ever in history, and you've managed to talk about both of them; Your opinion and your penis.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

SiKboy posted:

There are two things I can guarantee literally no-one is interested in, either now or ever in history, and you've managed to talk about both of them; Your opinion and your penis.

I'm sorry.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Here’s a neat twitter thread about Sony’s Metreon, a giant shopping/entertainment center in San Francisco.
https://twitter.com/gannjerrod/status/968758355492732928?s=21

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

walrusman posted:

Those XFL videos probably cost about $100 total to produce, and they generate some buzz at the expense of their infinitely larger and more successful competition - pointing out foibles of the NFL product that uniformly piss people off. The league won't be off the ground for a couple years yet, so people who don't care will have forgotten the silly ads by then. Low risk, high reward.
This is the Dumb Marketing thread, you know those cost tens of thousands each.

Nuebot posted:

Didn't one of the major razor companies once market a razor for women by turning it into a vibrator and charging like a dollar or two more?
Gillette made them for men and women, and lost a big lawsuit because their claims that it raised the hair up for a cleaner shave were bogus.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gann Jerrod posted:

Here’s a neat twitter thread about Sony’s Metreon, a giant shopping/entertainment center in San Francisco.
https://twitter.com/gannjerrod/status/968758355492732928?s=21

I remember going there in high school and there was nothing to do.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I saw a Youtube ad a few weeks ago for a group that ran a right-wing news/educational channel that I can't remember the name of any more. The ad was about how Youtube was attacking them by flagging their videos as inappropriate for minors, when their videos were in fact harmless and educational. The ad was trying to stir up people to take action against Youtube censorship.

Completely ignoring whether or not their statements were in fact bullshit and ignoring any of the political issues they want to talk about, spending money producing and running a Youtube ad to protest Youtube censoring them is... a decision.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

I saw a Youtube ad a few weeks ago for a group that ran a right-wing news/educational channel that I can't remember the name of any more. The ad was about how Youtube was attacking them by flagging their videos as inappropriate for minors, when their videos were in fact harmless and educational. The ad was trying to stir up people to take action against Youtube censorship.

Completely ignoring whether or not their statements were in fact bullshit and ignoring any of the political issues they want to talk about, spending money producing and running a Youtube ad to protest Youtube censoring them is... a decision.

Does YouTube decide what ads are shown or is even that automated? Because because YouTube running ads attacking YouTube doesn't seem like it's in their best interest.

On a related note, Prager U, a conservative think tank, likes to advertise on my account. I think it's because I occasionally watch videos making fun of the Alt Right.

Its interesting because I've watched videos discussing what a whiny idiot twerp James Damore is and right in the middle of it i get an ad featuring James Damore complaining over how unjust his firing was.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember going there in high school and there was nothing to do.

There still isn't, except we saw Pacific Rim on their big screen and it was rad.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

Does YouTube decide what ads are shown or is even that automated? Because because YouTube running ads attacking YouTube doesn't seem like it's in their best interest.

On a related note, Prager U, a conservative think tank, likes to advertise on my account. I think it's because I occasionally watch videos making fun of the Alt Right.

Its interesting because I've watched videos discussing what a whiny idiot twerp James Damore is and right in the middle of it i get an ad featuring James Damore complaining over how unjust his firing was.

Oh yeah the thing was an ad from Prager U. I don't watch videos making fun of the alt right so I think they just have a ton of money to spend on advertising.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

grittyreboot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0REjUCGlE

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/lexigeek/status/969975878993063936

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

im not using chrome

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Why would Disney know or care? They loving OWN Copyright law.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I assumed it was each character matched up with their musical genre of choice.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Inescapable Duck posted:

I assumed it was each character matched up with their musical genre of choice.
If that was the case obviously Lando would be on each of those posters.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Han is really into jizz.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Han's jizz-wail is known across the galaxy.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Han's jizz-wail is known across the galaxy.

I read that as Han's jizz wall and well...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krispy Wafer posted:

I read that as Han's jizz wall and well...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I asked a friend of mine who's in advertising (after telling him he should probably think about burning his office down and living as a hermit) if the ad agencies responsible for things like this know what they're putting together on the one reel. He said "absolutely and I can guarantee you someone did that deliberately. We get contracts to put (x) number of each ad out in (y) area that has (z) passing traffic each day, and the actual sorting of it is pretty much up to however rolls it out."

https://twitter.com/drgarybennett/status/970815550686420993

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unless you asked they wouldnt tell you, and since Ive not seen evidence of it being a campaign planned effort this seems lucky chance at this location. If youre too far out they may be prohibited from telling you anything more than “its not a competitor” or “its in a QSR vertical”

Besides thats a JCDecaux board and usually theyre as put together as a 600 pound persons life

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
About five years ago, there was a small British/Irish crime movie called A Belfast Story, which starred Colm Meaney as a detective trying to unravel a web of murder and intrigue during the Troubles. I have not seen it; I have heard it is not very good.

But what brilliant tie-in did the film-makers come up with to promote this movie?

A "nail-bomb kit". :cripes:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh just an ad for a pet hair vacuum.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thanks, I hate it.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012
It's Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt, but in reverse.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Finally, I've created a monster with the back half of a dog, and the front half of a dog.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

About five years ago, there was a small British/Irish crime movie called A Belfast Story, which starred Colm Meaney as a detective trying to unravel a web of murder and intrigue during the Troubles. I have not seen it; I have heard it is not very good.

But what brilliant tie-in did the film-makers come up with to promote this movie?

A "nail-bomb kit". :cripes:

In Ireland? I am in awe.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

TurboTax posted:

It's Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt, but in reverse.

Pounded In The Butt By The Hairless Version Of My Own Mutt(self)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWq5xsZnTE

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Olive! posted:

Finally, I've created a monster with the back half of a dog, and the front half of a dog.

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Funny Twitter communication from a UK county about (not) fixing potholes:

https://imgur.com/gallery/WIMhS

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Olive! posted:

Is it related to the Esquilax?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

pidan posted:

Funny Twitter communication from a UK county about (not) fixing potholes:

https://imgur.com/gallery/WIMhS

You can't have a problem if your measuring device is too small to get the (w)hole scope.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Welp, United has killed another beloved pet.

This time by forcing a dog into an overhead bin

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't remember did the time a girl flushed her hamster down a toilet because they told her she couldn't bring it on the flight get posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/09/woman-says-flushed-emotional-support-hamster-toilet-airline/

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

I don't remember did the time a girl flushed her hamster down a toilet because they told her she couldn't bring it on the flight get posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/09/woman-says-flushed-emotional-support-hamster-toilet-airline/

That's hardly dumb marketing, that girl says she was told to flush the hamster, which was bullshit. The girl who had the hamster decided what to do with it, it's not on the airline.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

Welp, United has killed another beloved pet.

This time by forcing a dog into an overhead bin

Is United just hiring sociopaths, or do all flight attendants turn into that at some point?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She didn't know the dog was in the bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ein cooler Typ posted:

She didn't know the dog was in the bag

You'd think she'd realize it after the dog started barking