Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

I just remembered Love season 3 is out today, and we all know it is the best Netflix show released this week.

Real talk right here. Between this and Sneaky Pete and everything else I have to watch I am completely snowed under atm though. Spent a bit too much time recently gaming rather than watching shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4Jvbnolg8

Haha hell yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
American Crime Story season 2 is the harrowing tale of the unrelenting anger of Darren Criss' perfect rear end

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

The Jeff Daniels character is juggling a wife and two girlfriends.

Not sure how familiar you are with the story of the real person, but apparently they toned that down quite a bit for the show.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Looten Plunder posted:

I've been away from the thread for a couple of weeks but I've finally caught up. Chiming in with the following:

-Everything Sucks was good. The haters are wrong. Sure, you could groan a little but that show is no where near offensive enough to hate. And outside of the soundtrack (which will usually be the opening song, credits song and maybe one other) the egregious 90's references die out after about 3 episodes. Agreed the lead actress looks exactly like Dustin from Stranger Things (I looked it up they're not related)

Agreed. The show is great and for me episode 6 is where I realized the show has a lot more going for it than the first few episodes would make you believe. I haven’t finished it yet but I love the goofy/sad dad and how he tries to connect with the kids.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jinkies!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It was Old Man Castiel this whole time!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Christopher Abbott has been cast as Yossarian in Clooney's Catch 22 series.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
It's there a term for Canadian scifi shows?

Anyway, Vancouver-fi show Travelers has been pretty good this first season. It took me many episodes to get a sense of what this slow is but I was luckily into it enough to wait it out. It's not slow but very terrorist cell-like in that they don't know or care to inquire about what goes on outside of their group.

Much less action that I assumed which turned out to be a good thing, oddly enough. Their pacifism makes sense for the series.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

There is a second season with the third season just started filming.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I can't watch Agents of Shield tonight because my ABC station is playing Girls HS Basketball. Cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ape Agitator posted:

Yeah. It's called Stargatre.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ape Agitator posted:

Sir, it's spelled "SyFy"

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I think most Scifi/Fantasy shows are made in Canada.

Anyway I watched through Sneaky Pete Season 2, and it's mostly on par with Season 1.

I think the first season took place in the space of a week, and it's incredibly absurd that the second season takes place in a similar time frame. They kinda wrote themselves into a hole with the first season's finale and I bet the writers would have wanted more distance if they could.

Some of the side plots seem very superfluous, like Otto's side adventure with Sam getting the Irish Proclamation.

I love that real Pete is real dumb, and Jane Adams (as Pete's mom) is a delight to see.

The final 'twist' was pretty unsatisfying as it completely rendered the last set of episodes pointless. Would most of Marius' crew have stayed and risked things despite earning a huge payout a few days ago? And for it to work there was an absurdly high number of 'actors' needed. Maggie and Marius' disagreement doesn't really feel justified.
It looks like the hook for the S3 is the 'truth' about deaths of Carly/Julia/Taylor's parents, along with finally unveiling Marius's identity. The show really needs a time skip

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
AP Bio is finding its legs a bit. Last couple episodes have been decent. It's still an absurd premise but the show leans into that absurdity which serves it well. The kids are getting more to do and are pretty funny in their own right.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah AP Bio is definitely just getting better and better right now. Heather is great.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently at some con the guy who plays Shadow in American Gods says that in Season 2 Lakeview and Hinzelman are showing up That feels a little early right?

Not if each season is supposed to be one act from the book. Act 2 is the one where he spends a long, boring amount of pages loving around in some nowheresville town that Wednesday dumps him in.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’m really digging A.P. Bio. It has a great set of characters.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's such a loving scam that spectrum app isn't on the playstation network. The only way I can ever check out Adult Swim is using my computer I guess since it sure as poo poo isn't on Cartoon Network Ondemand.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Just get yourself a cheap Roku or Chromecast. Adult Swim app on mobile is Chromecast compatible now and there's a pretty darn good Roku app now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Real talk right here. Between this and Sneaky Pete and everything else I have to watch I am completely snowed under atm though. Spent a bit too much time recently gaming rather than watching shows.

So the show isn't painful? Couldn't get thru the first ep of the first season, I couldn't give a poo poo about these characters.

bull3964 posted:

Just get yourself a cheap Roku or Chromecast. Adult Swim app on mobile is Chromecast compatible now and there's a pretty darn good Roku app now.

alright i'll look into it. Hate that i have to buy more hardware tho.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Shageletic posted:

It's such a loving scam that spectrum app isn't on the playstation network. The only way I can ever check out Adult Swim is using my computer I guess since it sure as poo poo isn't on Cartoon Network Ondemand.

I'm sure you've looked, but we have Bright House/Spectrum, and there is a separate Adult Swim OnDemand channel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

So the show isn't painful? Couldn't get thru the first ep of the first season, I couldn't give a poo poo about these characters.

I mean it’s not for everyone and the characters are total pieces of poo poo but I like it a lot yeah

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I hated Love when I gave it a shot. The pilot felt like it was 2 hours.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't care how maligned it is here, I like Love.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

I like Gillian Jacobs a lot, so I should probably watch Love one of these days.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really hate it when the DA loses a case on L&O. I know its realistic but it is still such a lovely feeling.

Also it is really goofy watching it on WE because you see commercials for the really bizarre incestuous reality TV landscape they have. Its just shows feeding into other shows feeding into their own spin offs. One I saw was a show called "Mama June from Not to Hot."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

esperterra posted:

I like Gillian Jacobs a lot, so I should probably watch Love one of these days.

Though I think the best part of the show is Bertie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Love looks like the worst parts of the Duplass brothers and Judd Apatow had an abortion, though this is only my trailer impression.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Lycus posted:

Though I think the best part of the show is Bertie.

Is that Claudia O'dougherty's character? Cuz yeah, she's great. I liked the first season of Love, but couldn't get into the 2nd. Maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

That’s just a few loud people tbh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

I really hate it when the DA loses a case on L&O. I know its realistic but it is still such a lovely feeling.

Also it is really goofy watching it on WE because you see commercials for the really bizarre incestuous reality TV landscape they have. Its just shows feeding into other shows feeding into their own spin offs. One I saw was a show called "Mama June from Not to Hot."

Maybe for L&O classic but on SVU its so comical and contrived and seeing the DA get blindsided and stunned is better then a victory.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, a lot of the cases on SVU just feel like the crew grabs the first person with any connection to the case and goes "YOU DID IT, YOU ARE A DISGUSTING PEDOPHILE RAPIST" and they end up getting lucky 99% of the time

so seeing this bite them in the rear end is pretty satisfying

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Oh hey I thought Timeless was cancelled but it's coming back next week. It was semi enjoyable.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They got the best thing about time travel right. Dressing the part.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

Oh hey I thought Timeless was cancelled but it's coming back next week. It was semi enjoyable.

It WAS canceled and it IS coming back next week.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yeah, it was better than I had thought so I'm glad it got a reprieve. It might be evaporating on Hulu, which got me worried because I have a few episodes of the first season yet to see. How can you tell when TV shows are expiring on Hulu? I think I saw a 3/11/18 expiration on hovering with my mouse but it doesn't seem to be doing that now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Inspector 34 posted:

Is that Claudia O'dougherty's character? Cuz yeah, she's great. I liked the first season of Love, but couldn't get into the 2nd. Maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

I hear she won a competition to be on that show.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

I can't watch Law & Order when it plays on TNT or WE. They speed up the episodes so they can fit more commercials in. It ruins the whole pacing of the series, it's supposed to be mostly slow and methodical with lots of dialog heavy scenes and people considering things until a big THING or two happens. When it's sped up everyone speaks so quickly you'd think it's an Aaron Sorkin show and there isn't any pausing between lines. Plus the theme music is sped up a ludicrous amount and just sounds ridiculous.

Which sucks, because I totally binged through the first five seasons when Sundance had the rights and was airing it. Goddamn that was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Better than L&O on WGN where they edit the episodes to hell and you can't say anything remotely offensive, also they blur out stuff for no reason. Like there's one episode where a guy is in his underwear and they blur out the front of his jockeys.