Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Everything about that half hour of Women of Honor was awful

Deonna looked nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope they keep Brandi with the rookies in STARDOM. But knowing ROH, they'll demand she faces off against the actual talent. Poor Io is going to suffer an aneurysm over having to face her (and probably put her over).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the cinderella tournament is a one night thing where all the matches go five minutes she'll be fine

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kagetsu is at ringside for this Hana Kimura match so they flew her in anyway.
doing her match at the tv taping tomorrow

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What was bad about the Hana/Sumie match?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i thought it was fine

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

What was bad about the Hana/Sumie match?

It was incredibly stilted from a wrestling point, the crowd did not give one poo poo at all, commentators kept stumbling, etc. Hana tried to heel it up but the crowd did not really care. Sumie and Hana's interactions were incredibly awkward, and its pretty obvious Hana is several levels above Sumie in the ring.

This WOH/ROH and STARDOM partnership is becoming an absolute embarrassment. It's not unlikely that Kagetsu could lose in the next round to Sumie. It doesn't help that ROH threw Hana and Kagetsu under the bus with her entrance either. It was the most generic Japanese music (not even high energy like their actual theme linked below), and their dance they do stuck out, and not in a good way. Meanwhile you had commentary trying to sell it as a COOL AS HELL THING WE ARE SEEING!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HCnXuRpRX8

And here is their dance in the correct context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aY96SLaU0w&t=141s

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 10, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not really buying it sorry

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'll wait for it to pop up on Stardom World because gently caress facebook video.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Is shine any good? There’s one in Queens today and I’ve seen like 2 of the people ever. Is it worth seeing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Willninho posted:

Is shine any good? There’s one in Queens today and I’ve seen like 2 of the people ever. Is it worth seeing?

I'm curious if it'll be a better show than their Orpheum shows. With the Orpheum, you generally got 3-4 bleh matches, a decent main event and a hellacious bar brawl. And if you're really unlucky, Valkyrie will reform. or fall apart. or fall apart and reform in the same show. It started strong with lots of talent coming through but the last year's worth of shows really felt like pitstop indies. Like people agree to the booking because its along the way to something else, either vacation time or some other promotion's booking.

New venue and from what I've heard its going to be a "different show" than previous SHINE outtings. That's got me curious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/972597729506545664

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura was announced for the 4/10 Sendai Girls show. That will be fun to watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/972542219205799936

Brandi's joining Oedo Tai

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
OT are going All In.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Women of Honor tournament update, for those interested. Put in spoiler tags because it involves matches that haven't aired yet.

Kelly Klein defeated Mandy Leon to advance to the semi finals. Sumie Sakai defeated Kagetsu to advance to the semi finals. And finally, Mayu Iwatani defeated Deonna Purazzo to advance to the semi finals.

Therefore, the semi finals are set up like this: Kelly Klein vs Mayu Iwatani, and Sumie Sakai vs Tenille Dashwood

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 11, 2018

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DarkstarIV posted:

Women of Honor tournament update, for those interested. Put in spoiler tags because it involves matches that haven't aired yet.

Kelly Klein defeated Mandy Leon to advance to the semi finals. Sumie Sakai defeated Kagetsu to advance to the semi finals. And finally, Mayu Iwatani defeated Deonna Purazzo to advance to the semi finals.

Therefore, the semi finals are set up like this: Kelly Klein vs Mayu Iwatani, and Deonna Purazzo vs Tenille Dashwood

Um, That'd be Sakai vs Tenille though?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Senerio posted:

Um, That'd be Sakai vs Tenille though?

Yup, fixed it. My mistake!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like Sumie Sakai was still trying to play the young girl 10 years ago. She's almost 50 now, jesus christ.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tenille vs kagetsu would have been dope but glad at least mayu will be in nola

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/972766555837616128

Deonna "WALTER" Purazzo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayu gonna drink NOLA dry and wrestle a horse. Then she's gonna do her best to put over Kelly Klein.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Mayu gonna drink NOLA dry and wrestle a horse. Then she's gonna do her best to put over Kelly Klein.

Mayu should find a way to get into the (rumored) Chyna Battle Royal at Wrestlemania and Dragon Suplex the rest of the womens division (or at least those who are in it).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hana Kimura and Hiroyo Matsumoto are coming to my local indie (in Taipei)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shelly Martinez saw a band she liked so now she's musing on a wrestling return. Which is possibly the most Shelly Martinez thing ever.

https://twitter.com/ShellyFromCali/status/973917598625738753

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I hope HER VAG can take it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Kris Wolf may not be returning to STARDOM, at least any time soon. Her actual job over there (STARDOM was a side gig, apparently) refused/couldn't get her a new work visa, and she has to leave the country as a result. She's apparently coming back to tour Europe and work at various wrestling promotions in the US. Maybe it will change in the future, but that sucks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyu vs Maho Kurone from the most recent TJP show was a lot of fun so check it out if you haven't already.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/974166759694618624?s=20

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Kris Wolf may not be returning to STARDOM, at least any time soon. Her actual job over there (STARDOM was a side gig, apparently) refused/couldn't get her a new work visa, and she has to leave the country as a result. She's apparently coming back to tour Europe and work at various wrestling promotions in the US. Maybe it will change in the future, but that sucks.

Woah that sucks. What was she doing out there?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Woah that sucks. What was she doing out there?

I think she taught English classes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this would be a good opportunity for ring of honor to have a stardom talent for an extended run

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, her only access to WiFi right now seems to be at Starbucks locations. Hopefully she gets a decent number of bookings so she can stabilize her life. She wasn't making much from STARDOM bookings either apparently. I heard around $250 per show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

I think she taught English classes.

it was either English courses or helping non-japanese speakers acclimatize in Japan. I remember her getting mentioned by some sort of support network for international folks.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

DarkstarIV posted:

I want to treat this scoop with the same healthy skepticism I treat most Meltzer joshi reports, but she's been selling off boxes of stuff from her apartment on twitter lately and I've known maybe two people in my life who actually went through with doing that when they weren't expecting a big move.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm catching up with Stardom, and the Future tourney has been really enjoyable so far.

Ruaka seems deceptively strong, but doesn't have the height to back it up yet. AZM is obviously a future ace of the company, she's 15 and she seems to have this whole wrestling thing DOWN.

Hanan is good, and I enjoy watching her wrestle. I don't know if she'll reach AZM levels, but she'll have a strong future. Kid is pretty dang good too, but I feel like there's something missing for her yet.

Shiki really impressed me when she played default heel during the Nao debut match. She's still real, real green but there's definitely something there. Nao was fine, I want to see her in a few other matches before I judge, but she seemed totally adequate, especially for a debut.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

I'm catching up with Stardom, and the Future tourney has been really enjoyable so far.

Ruaka seems deceptively strong, but doesn't have the height to back it up yet. AZM is obviously a future ace of the company, she's 15 and she seems to have this whole wrestling thing DOWN.

Hanan is good, and I enjoy watching her wrestle. I don't know if she'll reach AZM levels, but she'll have a strong future. Kid is pretty dang good too, but I feel like there's something missing for her yet.

Shiki really impressed me when she played default heel during the Nao debut match. She's still real, real green but there's definitely something there. Nao was fine, I want to see her in a few other matches before I judge, but she seemed totally adequate, especially for a debut.

Nao probably has a future in the company regardless of how good she is in the ring. She's a former gravure model, and Stardom's staff says her English is among the best on the roster, so she'll probably be doing some sort of outreach to the English speaking communities. They tend to direct any foreigners looking to buy tickets to STARDOM shows to her.

The Future title is pretty much AZM's by default. I don't see anyone else winning it. People thought it would go to Momo at first but after her match with Io, they see her going for the White Belt again sometime in the future.

As for Io herself, she got booked as part of a Sendai Girls show next month, which is her first booking outside of STARDOM in awhile I think. I'm starting to think she may be looking at stepping away from STARDOM sometime soon. I don't think she's too thrilled about the ROH/WOH and STARDOM partnership.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 17, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

Nao probably has a future in the company regardless of how good she is in the ring. She's a former gravure model, and Stardom's staff says her English is among the best on the roster, so she'll probably be doing some sort of outreach to the English speaking communities. They tend to direct any foreigners looking to buy tickets to STARDOM shows to her.

The Future title is pretty much AZM's by default. I don't see anyone else winning it. People thought it would go to Momo at first but after her match with Io, they see her going for the White Belt again sometime in the future.

As for Io herself, she got booked as part of a Sendai Girls show next month, which is her first booking outside of STARDOM in awhile I think. I'm starting to think she may be looking at stepping away from STARDOM sometime soon. I don't think she's too thrilled about the ROH/WOH and STARDOM partnership.

I worry a bit about Stardom picking up models, but that may just be residual WWE Divas concern. If anyone can turn a model into a wrestler, its Stardom.

AZM is absolutely a lock for the belt. The only other person who could possible take it is Kid, but AZM is legit an ace in the making.

If Io is still trying to get into WWE, I can definitely see her pulling away from the WOH stuff, especially considering the general quality of the workers from there. If she's feeling creatively stifled not being able to go full heel, I can see her doing the Sendai Girls stuff to get that fix, and work with some different people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Focusing on Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Rousey

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/974808591801647104

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Focusing on Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Rousey

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/974808591801647104

Also, once edited for mentions of Moolah, it will be 4 minutes long.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just watched the Io/Xia match from the latest Stardom show. I don't really watch undercard matches, so I haven't seen much of Xia. Is she pretty decent or was she flattered in that match by having Io as an opponent? I enjoyed the match quite a bit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Xia's really young but has solid fundamentals. At this point, she's only as good as her opponents tho. Give a few years of being lead through the ring by world class talent and she'll be able to do the same.

TJP has a live showing coming up on DDT Universe if that's your thing:

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “LET’S GO! GO! IF YOU GO! WHEN YOU GO! IF YOU GET LOST JUST GO TO ITABASHI!”, 21/03/2018
Tokyo Itabashi Green Hall

1. Nodoka-oneesan & Hinano Vs Miu & Raku
2. Yuu Vs Yuki Kamifuku
3. Mizuki Vs Hikari
4. Yuka Sakazaki Vs Hyper Misao
5. Rika Tatsumi & Maho Kurone Vs Reika Saiki & Syoko Nakajima
6. TOKYO Princess Tag Team Titles Match: Saki-sama & Azusa Christie (c) Vs Miyu Yamashita & Marika Kobashi

Marika Kobashi is a talent to keep an eye on.

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The TJP show is another free one from the Abema deal. It's only free for the live stream though. (The same applies to DDT Judgement on Sunday)