Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH probably loses money for Sinclair and therefore spending money on RoH (and keeping it running) is taking away money from these guys, buy as much poo poo as you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dunno if cody's contract being so big it had to be outsourced to the parent company is evidence in support of that or contrary to it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i don't think WWE is doing anything as comically evil as trying to buy up every local news channel and turn them into right wing media outlets but i don't really have a dog in this fight

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Definitely stick with your local indies, I can't think of a single local indie that's been run by anyone of less than sterling character and civic mindedness.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There is no ethical production under capitalism

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

if you're not watching this ppv austin aries just showed up and challenged kenny king

the tna world champion being equivalent to the roh midcard champion is pretty funny

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Is that Vinny's finisher? Because holy crap thats awful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Dudebro posted:

if you're not watching this ppv austin aries just showed up and challenged kenny king

the tna world champion being equivalent to the roh midcard champion is pretty funny

Bully Ray and Austin Aries on the same show? glad I skipped.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You might want to catch the trios title match, heard it was actually really good (hard to believe I know, the Bucks had a fun spotfest)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Nah

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Worth it just for the end.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Honor Club was worth it just to see this live.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/972321332095569920

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They really should have dragged it out and had Punk revealed as the bear

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Great Kevin Dunn'esque camera work on the V-Trigger that followed that:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/972321765291646976

And yeah, this reveal happened waaay too soon, could've at least had Bury 'accidentally' cost Cody a title shot or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re wrestling at SCOH and the only event between now and then is tonight’s TV Taping.

There was no time to wait for a reveal.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re wrestling at SCOH and the only event between now and then is tonight’s TV Taping.

There was no time to wait for a reveal.

Very true. If anyone thinks this story is over Wrestlemaina weekend they're crazy.

e: Brandi, nice try but that's not going to work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, didn't watch the show and the reviews/recaps I've seen have differed on this point, so... did Brandi kiss Kenny or did Kenny force a kiss on Brandi? Because the latter, while it would kinda make snese in story, is way more sketch

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Gaz-L posted:

OK, didn't watch the show and the reviews/recaps I've seen have differed on this point, so... did Brandi kiss Kenny or did Kenny force a kiss on Brandi? Because the latter, while it would kinda make snese in story, is way more sketch

Brandi kissed Kenny. She confronted him after Cody left saying that he wouldn't hit a girl and Kenny backed off. Then, Brandi kissed him and was all "You liked it! Go tell Kota!"

I can understand it in story, Brandi was looking for some way to strike back, but I was all "oh honey, that's not how that works". :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supercard of Honor lineup

Battle of the Bullet Club: Cody vs Kenny Omega
ROH World Championship Match: Dalton Castle vs Marty Scurll
ROH Television Championship - Last Man Standing Match: Kenny King vs Silas Young
ROH 6 Man Championship - Flip Gordon and The Young Bucks v SoCal Uncensored
Tomohiro Ishii v Punishment Martinez
Kota Ibushi v Hangman Page
Women of Honor Tournament Finals

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Brandi kissed Kenny. She confronted him after Cody left saying that he wouldn't hit a girl and Kenny backed off. Then, Brandi kissed him and was all "You liked it! Go tell Kota!"

I can understand it in story, Brandi was looking for some way to strike back, but I was all "oh honey, that's not how that works". :v:

Wait is Kenny gay or bi? I thought he was bi, in which case you never know I guess! :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait is Kenny gay or bi? I thought he was bi, in which case you never know I guess! :v:

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/686813383283191808

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kenny is bi, Okada is straight, Tanahashi is ace.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

is Marty Scurll a top heel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Kenny is bi, Okada is straight, Tanahashi is ace.

This line of questioning caused a lot of pain when somebody misunderstood Suzuki's claim that he would gently caress anybody who got in his way.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Basic Chunnel posted:

is Marty Scurll a top heel

Marty is a boi in need of love, a hug, and/or therapy now that his dads are fighting.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/974650259346477056

Best in the World is coming from Baltimore this year on PPV.

The craziest bit to me - the UMBC Event Center, a new building, holds 6000 people.

Who the hell are they bringing in for this?!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OGB posted:

The craziest bit to me - the UMBC Event Center, a new building, holds 6000 people.

Probably the Elite

Also I have on good authority from not-at-all-a kook Roque that Punishment Martinez will draw people in!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Elite, plus Ibushi and maybe an Okada/Tanahashi/Suzuki/Naito level New Japan talent would probably give them a shot at drawing enough to not be embarrassing in a building that size. And Supercard of Honor is at over 5k, so, it's not impossible for them under the right circumstances.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Taven is in CMLL for another excursion. Just send the whole kingdom for seasoning dammit!!! Rudo kingdom would be pretty fun

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH is pretty good at configuring buildings. Unless they forget to bring the black curtains again.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

OGB posted:

This show will sellout just like all the ROH shows do these days. The most hilarious thing has been seeing people trying to stir up trouble between ROH and New Japan based off of both companies having shows on the same day. People have been predicting the end of the ROH and New Japan relationship for the past two years, yet here we still are and both continue to work together. LOL!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OGB posted:

It seats 5000

Not sure how many seats they'll lose since it looks like it's a U with a stage at one end.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

exploded mummy posted:

It seats 5000

Not sure how many seats they'll lose since it looks like it's a U with a stage at one end.

Sorry, I was going off of the details on their site where it says it's up to 6000 seats (https://eventcenter.umbc.edu), but yeah - figure stage will be used as stage, but they'd setup a ramp/ringside area.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

The Elite, plus Ibushi and maybe an Okada/Tanahashi/Suzuki/Naito level New Japan talent would probably give them a shot at drawing enough to not be embarrassing in a building that size. And Supercard of Honor is at over 5k, so, it's not impossible for them under the right circumstances.

They won't get Kenny or probably any NJPW talent because that's the same day as Kenny's weird Fighting Game championships crossover event

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/971793189551181824

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/975810410346663936

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Judging by that photo, do the Briscoes do a "Failed coal miner" gimmick now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

fart blood posted:

Judging by that photo, do the Briscoes do a "Failed coal miner" gimmick now?

When they shut down the mines, Jay and Mark had to get a gig at the local racism factory.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hope the PoC beat the racist farmers, Tana needs a belt to hide his mighty abs from the ladies during his entrance. Give 'em 20 frog splashes each, Ace!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is Mark overtly racist or is he still smart enough to just tweet insane things that have nothing to do with politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RealFoxy posted:

Is Mark overtly racist or is he still smart enough to just tweet insane things that have nothing to do with politics

He didn't seem to have a problem with their Confederate flag gear despite being from a Union state.

• Locked thread