Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Randaconda posted:

Watergate Salad owns and doesn't belong in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hume noted that the mere fact of perception doesn't implicate causation. causation implicates itself and is too circular to properly exist. mere clusters of observations exist.

but the clusters of observations are extensive to the entire ensemble of possible existence. it's possible to percolate anything with causation. anything. that's why we use causation to think. it's risky and mostly results in sophistry, but sometimes results in revolution

good ansatz is one of the classic fat-tailled distributions

but you can only get a fat-tail distribution by iterative/recursive processes

so the pizza is in fact a fractal

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hume noted that the mere fact of perception doesn't implicate causation. causation implicates itself and is too circular to properly exist. mere clusters of observations exist.

but the clusters of observations are extensive to the entire ensemble of possible existence. it's possible to percolate anything with causation. anything. that's why we use causation to think. it's risky and mostly results in sophistry, but sometimes results in revolution

good ansatz is one of the classic fat-tailled distributions

but you can only get a fat-tail distribution by iterative/recursive processes

so the pizza is in fact a fractal

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the fact of the pizza has sub-facts

the sub-facts have a radical inequity to them, just like the inequity in points in a chaos game

like, "flatness" is central to the idea of a pizza.. but exceptions can be made

"pepperoni" is also very central, but less central than flatness. exceptions again.

"anchovies" is very less central yet than pepperoni

"trash bags" is very distant, but can be made to percolate to the idea of the pizza. e.g.: trash bags, trash, that brazilian pizza video where they cook the loving thing in a trash fire

there are no conceptions which cannot be made to percolate to the idea of the pizza. but most such percolations are sophistry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think we can all agree that there is a platonic ideal of a pizza from which all other pizzas and open faced sandwiches take their essence

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

I think we can all agree that there is a platonic ideal of a pizza from which all other pizzas and open faced sandwiches take their essence

actually there is an inequity in the pizza-hood of pizzas, which gives the illusion merely that platonic ideals of pizza are possible

just like how real infinities are not possible but you can still do calculus

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The platonic ideal of pizza is real and we have a very recognizable word for it: the universe

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Watergate Salad owns and doesn't belong in this thread.

This is a thing at family get-togethers. There's a running joke my little brother and I will break into violence over who gets to take the leftovers home.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

The Bloop posted:

The platonic ideal of pizza is real and we have a very recognizable word for it: the universe

Ah you subscribe to the holographic principle I see.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elizabethan Error posted:

______________________/

:negative:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

History has vindicated me. :colbert:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

And yet another emote this thread comes up with that needs to become real

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just said "would" out loud on the tram. :USA:
We need a smiley that is a cartoon eagle saluting in front of a flag with a single tear rolling down his cheek for posts like this.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

NorgLyle posted:

We need a smiley that is a cartoon eagle saluting in front of a flag with a single tear rolling down his cheek for posts like this.

I mean, there's already :911:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

actually there is an inequity in the pizza-hood of pizzas, which gives the illusion merely that platonic ideals of pizza are possible

just like how real infinities are not possible but you can still do calculus

But for this to be true we need to question the conditions of Being that give rise to our experiences of pizza to begin with. In this case it is the mode of Being particular to the humans of this community, which we will call goons-in-the-world. Given that, what we (goons-in-the-world) know of pizzas a-priori is, put simply, that there are no pizza rules and we are free to determine for ourselves what constitutes a pizza

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Mar 10, 2018

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm going to make that Watergate salad the next time we have a work potluck, just for the "oh ok the billing department has lost it" cred.

I'll warn the diabetic.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
Put the Watergate salad on a pizza.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I'll warn the diabetic.
Thank you for warning the weak and pale diabetic. They'll need extra insulin just for the sugar cloud exhalations your coworkers will give off.

I also heartily recommend having dietetic sweets out just to amuse the non-diabetics. Sugar free milk chocolate peanut cup? I cannot find a downside!

"OH GOD I AM SCREAMING RED LIQUID FROM MY ANUS HELP!?"

"Buck up, it's only your liver making GBS threads itself, eat more malitol!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bike tory posted:

But for this to be true we need to question the conditions of Being that give rise to our experiences of pizza to begin with. In this case it is the mode of Being particular to the humans of this community, which we will call goons-in-the-world. Given that, what we (goons-in-the-world) know of pizzas a-priori is, put simply, that there are no pizza rules and we are free to determine for ourselves what constitutes a pizza

Fine. You're a pizza. Not a dancing whatsit.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Watergate salad seems like something they would have available during an orgy.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/972272316661968896?s=19

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pizza is a vegetable.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

1. The pizza is everthing that is the cheese.
2. What is the pizza ( a flatbread ) is the existence of layers of bread, sauce and topping.
3. A gustatory picture of tomatoes is a sauce.
4. A cheese is a pizzaposition with a rennet.
5. A pizzaposition is a combination of elementary milks. (An elementary milk is a pizza-function of itself.)
6. The general form of a pizzaposition is the general round of a pizza-function, which is: [ p i z^2, a ]. This is the general round of a pizzaposition.
7. Whereof one cannot make rules, one must be silent.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Behold, the Watergate Salad, oddly enough not related to the hotel. It was actually invented by Kraft foods to "celebrate" the launch of pistachio pudding mix.

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained.
1 pkg. ( 3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding.
1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows.
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans.
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.

This gets made every Thanksgiving in my family. We always called it "green glop," thanks to my dad. Didn't know it had a real name!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

1. The pizza is everthing that is the cheese.
2. What is the pizza ( a flatbread ) is the existence of layers of bread, sauce and topping.
3. A gustatory picture of tomatoes is a sauce.
4. A cheese is a pizzaposition with a rennet.
5. A pizzaposition is a combination of elementary milks. (An elementary milk is a pizza-function of itself.)
6. The general form of a pizzaposition is the general round of a pizza-function, which is: [ p i z^2, a ]. This is the general round of a pizzaposition.
7. Whereof one cannot make rules, one must be silent.

I think you've illustrated well here how the identities of these layers are simply constructs. The only reason we can speak of them as distinct or in fact deliberate pizza rules in the first place is the the very fact of these non-rules and distinctions. The non-existence of a stable pizza identity arises from this discussion and the infinite deferral of meaning inherent to the (itself unstable) maxim of "no pizza rules". Indeed the differance of pizza is precisely what allows for pizza in the first place

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Mar 11, 2018

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

La Brea Carpet posted:

Behold, the Watergate Salad, oddly enough not related to the hotel. It was actually invented by Kraft foods to "celebrate" the launch of pistachio pudding mix.

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained.
1 pkg. ( 3.4 oz.) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding.
1 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows.
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans.
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.

But what brand of pineapple should I use?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Haifisch posted:

Pizza is a vegetable.

This looks like they just dumped one of those frozen bag of mixed vegetables on a pizza

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Away all Goats posted:

This looks like they just dumped one of those frozen bag of mixed vegetables on a pizza

:laffo: they totally did. It's even the fancy type with lima beans.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
According to the reddit poster, many of them were still partially frozen too.

TurboTax
Oct 9, 2012
What is "AXA"? I looked it up on Wikipedia and the only abbreviation for a place that came up was Anguilla.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

:laffo: they totally did. It's even the fancy type with lima beans.

Those look like ordinary green beans to me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tiggum posted:

Look harder.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tiggum posted:

It has both:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

TurboTax posted:

What is "AXA"? I looked it up on Wikipedia and the only abbreviation for a place that came up was Anguilla.

Ax me Anything

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

PubicMice posted:

But what brand of pineapple should I use?

I did some research and all those brands are Kraft Foods brands. Kraft does not have a brand of canned fruit as far as I know, but they do have Claussen so you should use CLAUSSEN pickles instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5nY04WtXPM