Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

BAD NEWS BUDDY I'M ALREADY IN PERTH.

EDIT: I'm going to hone GSC to a fine point and stab him into your heart.

It's about time GSC had a valid point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

GoldStandardConure posted:

I approve of this course of action

No not the beak

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

It's about time GSC had a valid point.

SHOW YOURSELF COWARD

I WILL NEVER HAVE A VALID POINT

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

NV sucks aside from that bit early on when you first visit the town the Legion destroyed and one delirious guy approached you bragging about winning the lottery

That bit was really cool. The rest was pretty poo poo but good preparation for the utter turd that was Fallout 4

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
WA is best state, leeches.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Other posted:

Inspite of the terrible engine it's on and the publisher's attempt to destroy the developer NV is the only good post-Bethesda Fallout, 3 and 4(especially) are rank poo poo

:yeah:

Incidentally the NV talk should highlight how limited a cross section of the population actually posts here, if anyone was wondering why "they" can't see what they posters in this thread can. Or something.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Brown Paper Bag posted:

NV ... really cool. The rest was good

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Finally reaching New Vegas for the first time in Fallout: NV is probably one of the most disappointing gaming experiences of all time

I'm sorry you're all mad but facts don't care about your feelings imo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We should do D&D edition wars next.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Finally reaching New Vegas for the first time in Fallout: NV is probably one of the most disappointing gaming experiences of all time

being disappointed is a feeling not a fact you grog

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Fallout 3 is dogshit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I want to hear more about how your feelings are quantifiable facts that define the world.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Mass Effect Andromeda is the best Mass Effect

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda is the best Mass Effect

Now we're talking. I'm all about putting zombie companies in the ground and letting history fade away. All their real talent is long gone.

I can't wait for Anthem to crash and burn the shambling remnants of Bioware into the lime pit where Bullfrog's skeleton now resides.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Bullfrog was devoured live by Lionhead as part of the ritual to give Peter Molyneux eternal life

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

We should do D&D edition wars next.

Whatever version is behind Curse of the Azure Bonds :colbert:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

we're gonna need a bigger stock

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Whatever version is behind Curse of the Azure Bonds :colbert:

Advanced edition I think. The first one. Back when multi classing was an automatic yes please instead of a trap.

Dark Queen of Krynn was a heck of an intro to those old SSR games. First battle was against 3 dragons. Now have fun learning both the rules to D&D (what do all these numbers mean?) and the control scheme.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fallout 3: Kid's dad runs out on them in the middle of the night, main quest is all about finding said dad and continuing his legacy.

Fallout 4: Son is stolen while you cryo-sleep, main quest is all about finding said son only he is now called Father.

Someone at Bethsoft has some weird as gently caress father issues.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RealMarkLatham/status/972602680643239936

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

CrazyTolradi posted:

Fallout 3: Kid's dad runs out on them in the middle of the night, main quest is all about finding said dad and continuing his legacy.

Fallout 4: Son is stolen while you cryo-sleep, main quest is all about finding said son only he is now called Father.

Someone at Bethsoft has some weird as gently caress father issues.

While it sure looks that way, I think the real deal is that Fallout 4 actually falls into the Dad focussed game subgenre, a Western game industry wide trend that emerged in the '10s(no reason it couldn't be both though)
Other Examples:
Last of Us(You were once a dad before it all went wrong but fate makes you a dad again)
Telltale's Walking Dead(you break into a house and become a dad)
Evil Within 2(Turns out the daughter of the main character that was thought to have died for years before the events first game is alive, can he become a dad again?)
New God of War(psycho killer Kratos is now a dad)
Tomb Raider(you may think it's not a dadgame since you don't actually play one but in this reboot Lara gets vulnerabled up so 'you would feel like you had to protect her'(dad feelings))
Bioshock Infinite(You were once a dad before it all went wrong but fate makes you a dad again)
Wolfenstein II(you need to to kill the nazis harder and faster now because you have kids on the way)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Other posted:

While it sure looks that way, I think the real deal is that Fallout 4 actually falls into the Dad focussed game subgenre, a Western game industry wide trend that emerged in the '10s(no reason it couldn't be both though)
Other Examples:
Last of Us(You were once a dad before it all went wrong but fate makes you a dad again)
Telltale's Walking Dead(you break into a house and become a dad)
Evil Within 2(Turns out the daughter of the main character that was thought to have died for years before the events first game is alive, can he become a dad again?)
New God of War(psycho killer Kratos is now a dad)
Tomb Raider(you may think it's not a dadgame since you don't actually play one but in this reboot Lara gets vulnerabled up so 'you would feel like you had to protect her'(dad feelings))
Bioshock Infinite(You were once a dad before it all went wrong but fate makes you a dad again)
Wolfenstein II(you need to to kill the nazis harder and faster now because you have kids on the way)

Vermintide: Avenge all the dads that were killed by rat dads

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Vermintide: Avenge all the dads that were killed by rat dadsAnidav

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

don't forget Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-12/nsw-ministers-lose-faith-in-stadium-plan/9533250

quote:

"I have had not had an issue that has boiled up as much as stadia."
That's the worried assessment of one unhappy minister in the Berejiklian Government about its $2.5 billion plan to rebuild the Sydney Football and Homebush stadiums.
The proposal has been met with widespread dismay in and out of Parliament.
Anxious ministers won't speak on the record but they clearly believe the longer the Coalition sticks with the policy the more votes will be lost.
Since December those ministers and plenty of backbenchers have been privately telling journalists just how bad the reaction has been.
"It will kill us," said one.
"It's political poison," offered another.
A senior minister told the ABC this week: "I'm very concerned. This can't be explained away … I cannot believe it."
Another said "I've had hundreds of emails about our stadia plan. You thought greyhounds was bad, it's nowhere near this."
That's right. The assessment of some in the State Government is that this issue is worse for its electoral hopes than either the greyhound racing ban or local council amalgamations. And both of those were reversed.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Small town rallies after asylum seeker family carried off in dawn raid

Graun posted:

The day after Priya’s visa expired, she, her husband and daughters were woken at 5am and forcibly taken 1,500km away

Abolish ICE.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

ABC posted:

Australia is growing fast. In one year we added nearly 400,000 people to our population. That is like adding a city the size of Canberra.

But, of course, we are not building new cities. Most of those new residents are swelling the populations of our four major cities: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

Between 2006 and 2016 Melbourne has added close to 1 million people. Sydney was not far behind adding 800,000.

In the same period, Brisbane and Perth grew by almost half a million.

The pressure points are plain to see — from congestion on the roads and rail networks, to the struggle to keep up with demand for schools and hospitals.

Back in 1997 it was estimated we would take until the middle of this century to reach a population of 25 million.

Australia's population is there already.

Four Corners has investigated how this population growth has occurred and why it is taking government by surprise.

Australia has a steady birth rate and we're also living longer.

But the main driver of our population growth is immigration.

On our current rate of growth, Melbourne and Sydney will nudge 8 million in the middle of this century. But they are already groaning under the strain.

It is going to mean big changes. We will all need to make choices, trade-offs, and compromises.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Or just you know funding stuff and reversing Howard era tax cuts because Howard and co are economic morons.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor planning by state and federal government shock.

Nah, we'll keep on building housing estates out in the middle of woop woop with no public transport links and on main roads that were originally made for Farmer Brown and his tractors.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I remember Tony Abbott, the infrastructure prime minister.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Even the ABC is blaming immigration now.

Well the left had a good run but maybe we should hang up our towels and embrace capitalism as the best system we've ever had.

Also problem: Waiting for the ALP to change to a better immigration system while the public broadcaster is pushing Tony Abbott talking points.

This country is dumb.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if instead of abolishment of negative gearing and building more new housing we just... Build less people and cut immigration?

I mean just imagine the rental returns!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Well the left had a good run but maybe we should hang up our towels and embrace capitalism as the best system we've ever had.

Fun fact: capitalism requires an ever growing population to fuel indefinite growth. You can't support capitalism and not support an ever growing population.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

We can indefinitely build robots and worship those who can afford to own multiple robots as our lord and saviour?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Weird, it’s almost like even in the cesspit of rural Queensland, Labor, Liberal and Murdoch’s propaganda against refugees falls apart when people actually loving interact with them recognise them as people rather than an incoming brown tide. Oh well, can’t be helped because :effort:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Anidav posted:

Also problem: Waiting for the ALP to change to a better immigration system while the public broadcaster is pushing Tony Abbott talking points.

This country is dumb.

The article also states that "We need more public transport, and fewer cars on the roads" and "We're going to need a lot more schools" (both before it gets onto immigration) which aren't exactly Tony Abbott talking points.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

i'm ready to make these sacrifices, take my... hmm i don't have anything

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If the words "the main driver for population growth is immigration" registers in your brain as being an attack, I don't know what to tell you. This is as plain as a boring fact gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

JBP posted:

If the words "the main driver for population growth is immigration" registers in your brain as being an attack, I don't know what to tell you. This is as plain as a boring fact gets.

yes, taken out of context to the rest of the narrative of the article, that is just a fact

• Locked thread