Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I scrubbed it after I used up enough shells yes. Might as use that one to roll over and over cause I'm not keeping it anyway. Which is why the Pic was sad. I'd have totally let that live as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

unpronounceable posted:

Couldn't you do that on any 3 slot equipment? Scrubbing the splatfest shirt is nice because it doesn't take a boatload of money.

Well... I suppose that you want to use a super sea snail on a piece of gear that has a slightly higher chance of getting the ability chunks you want based on the brand. But it doesn't really matter I suppose.

I have like 70 sea snails I am never going to use. I should just dump them all onto a 3 slot piece of gear and get 210 ability chunks.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/972715235193712640

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Jarrogue/status/972709681113178113

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LethalGeek posted:

When you use a super shell you get all the existing tokens and they fully reload. I flushed it like 20 times and got 60 pieces

And that's great for gear that you don't lose after splatfest is over, but there's no reason to waste shells when scrubbing is so cheap.

edit: just saw your part after that, never mind

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 11, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I never get a group that has that kind of coordination, 90% of the time I'm lucky if the person being chased doesn't kite the grillers directly into the rest of the group.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/raditts/status/972733549743824896

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Astro7x posted:

Well... I suppose that you want to use a super sea snail on a piece of gear that has a slightly higher chance of getting the ability chunks you want based on the brand. But it doesn't really matter I suppose.

I have like 70 sea snails I am never going to use. I should just dump them all onto a 3 slot piece of gear and get 210 ability chunks.

Rerolls don't take brand biases into account, so that's not a good way to farm for them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I use most of my snails for rerolling. How often do you actually get a piece of equipment you really want that's missing slots?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

There's a soft limit on them in that if you're not playing Splatfest, there's very little you can do to get them, so people tend to be conservative with them. Plus, a lot of people want to max out all the gear, and they keep releasing new gear, so we don't know how many we need

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I use most of my snails for rerolling. How often do you actually get a piece of equipment you really want that's missing slots?

If you're grinding chunks, 1 star clothes take significantly less exp to level and cost less money to scrub.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

This Splatfest went a lot better than the last one.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/972774891479908353

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was trying to get full run speed boost on footwear, ended up with the navy longcoat with primary ink saver and three run speed boosts. Well, seems ideal for splatling gun?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

If you're grinding chunks, 1 star clothes take significantly less exp to level and cost less money to scrub.

Does that apply after you've expanded them?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ConanThe3rd posted:

Does that apply after you've expanded them?

yep

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sam Faust posted:

This is partly false: Scrubbing costs the same regardless of star rating. The only exception is the Splatfest t-shirt, which costs only 2 000 in-game currency.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. Even though I was personally doing well, I probably only won 1/4 of my matches.

Hopefully team egg did well on team wins or else I think chicken has this one.

Yeah i think this might be the first Splatfest with a big gap in wins

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I didn’t get to Egg King. I blazed through the early ranks then went on a horrible losing streak so gave up.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
When do we get Splatfest Results?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Astro7x posted:

When do we get Splatfest Results?

An hour or two after the fest.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Aren't we well past that? When did Europe conclude?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend told me that the splatfest was on Friday yesterday so I didn't play. Apparently it WAS yesterday? :argh:

Was hoping to get back into the game during the thunder dome! That seriously sucks!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

jetpackhewy posted:

Aren't we well past that? When did Europe conclude?

Only an hour ago, so it should be soonish. If not in a few minutes time then after an hour.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Friend told me that the splatfest was on Friday yesterday so I didn't play. Apparently it WAS yesterday? :argh:

Was hoping to get back into the game during the thunder dome! That seriously sucks!

You should follow this thread more than rely on your so-called friend. I tend to post the schedules of the Splatfests of all regions. Better yet, check the schedule from SplatNet.

And looks like we'll have to wait for another hour for the results.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 11, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Strangely enough this thread is the most reliable place for Splatfest schedules and notifications. All other sites, including the wikis, are either never updated or just plain incorrect.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rexroom posted:

You should follow this thread more than rely on your so-called friend. I tend to post the schedules of the Splatfests of all regions. Better yet, check the schedule from SplatNet.

And looks like we'll have to wait for another hour for the results.

Cant wait for them to Crack the results.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant wait for them to Crack the results.

Team chicken will certainly have egg on their face then

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I don't have a switch.

I didn't have a wii-u.

I've read through this entire thread, from start to finish, over the last few months.

After that Octoling trailer, I'm pretty seriously considering dropping SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS (oh PS4 memes) on my first console since the PS2 (well, technically, since the original phat DS, counting handhelds), despite not even having a tv to play it on, something that even Bloodborne or MGS4 couldn't get me to do, despite being a huge DS/MGS fan.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I don't have a switch.

I didn't have a wii-u.

I've read through this entire thread, from start to finish, over the last few months.

After that Octoling trailer, I'm pretty seriously considering dropping SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS (oh PS4 memes) on my first console since the PS2 (well, technically, since the original phat DS, counting handhelds), despite not even having a tv to play it on, something that even Bloodborne or MGS4 couldn't get me to do, despite being a huge DS/MGS fan.

Good news; your lack of TV doesn't affect your ability to play it :woomy:.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
you should buy a switch for the very good games on it, splatoon 2 being one of them

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
The only caveats being that the very good motion controls for Splatoon2 are slightly.... less good... in handheld mode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Results are in, egg was way more popular but got their poo poo kicked in battles, like wasn't even close.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Time to throw out your theories, eggheads!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Popularity: CHICKEN 41/59 EGG
Solo wins: CHICKEN 53/47 EGG
Team wins: CHICKEN 56/44 EGG

yikes

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I shoulda gone for the white ink :whitewater:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's very silly that we got a Splatfest with an answer that's actually scientifically wrong, and it won.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I think I need to review Article 3, Section 2 all of Splatfest law.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/UnlikelyLobster/status/972852289248440320

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Takoluka posted:

It's very silly that we got a Splatfest with an answer that's actually scientifically wrong, and it won.

It was obvious from the get-go that all the nice and boring people will pick the "right" answer instead of the more fun one, so of course they'd flock to that side. And nice people will follow silly rules like "ink the spawn", meaning they were destined to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the most lopsided battle results yet right? Pretty wild