Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

You should just watch some games and follow the team you like watching.
But then everyone would like watching Liverpool the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Diva Cupcake posted:

But then everyone would like watching Liverpool the most.

Could be City, too

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

tao of lmao posted:

I’m a yank looking to get into PL football. Who should I adopt as my team? Ideally not one of the top teams, and one with good owners. Is there a well run low budget team that runs middle of the pack I can get behind? Is it Everton? Do I have to be an Everton fan?

lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

You should just watch some games and follow the team you like watching.

Honestly at this point I just like seeing well played, close games, but that’s not nearly as fun as getting irrationally mad over things I have no control over in defense of my arbitrarily chosen team.

If I had to pick based on kits, Swansea has that cool light blue to dark blue fade (i want to say one of the big teams maybe Chelsea does this as well), and if I were to pick on badges, Sheffield Wednesday’s cute owl dude is an easy shoe-in.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
whatever you do, don't become an Arsenal supporter

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Leicester recently won a league out of nowhere and basically has no chance of doing that ever again, but probably won't be poo poo enough to get relegated

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Didn’t plan to but I did watch a documentary on Thierry Henry and that dude was pretty amazing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

Honestly at this point I just like seeing well played, close games, but that’s not nearly as fun as getting irrationally mad over things I have no control over in defense of my arbitrarily chosen team.

If I had to pick based on kits, Swansea has that cool light blue to dark blue fade (i want to say one of the big teams maybe Chelsea does this as well), and if I were to pick on badges, Sheffield Wednesday’s cute owl dude is an easy shoe-in.

Swansea are your local club so they're your team.

Sorry.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yes you should be an Everton fan.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Yes you should be an Everton fan.

Please don’t troll me.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Support forest green rovers imo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Tottenham Hotspur will be perfect for you

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Hegay posted:

Tottenham Hotspur will be perfect for you

People seem to hate them for some reason and their choke job against Juventus was real sad. Kane and Son are an exciting front line, though.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Weaponized Cum posted:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Weaponized Cum posted:

This is truth. It's for your own health and mental well being.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If you dont support Millwall you're doing it wrong tbf.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

tao of lmao posted:

People seem to hate them for some reason and their choke job against Juventus was real sad. Kane and Son are an exciting front line, though.

naw, Spurs are definitely the cool team for Americans to like

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

tao of lmao posted:

I’m a yank looking to get into PL football. Who should I adopt as my team? Ideally not one of the top teams, and one with good owners. Is there a well run low budget team that runs middle of the pack I can get behind? Is it Everton? Do I have to be an Everton fan?

you should support boro imo.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

tao of lmao posted:

How do you feel about eating worms and minivan hire?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I think we're still in search of a Wigan supporter

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

If you're picking a team based on not being hated AND never choking, you've ruled out literally every team. Just throw a dart at the league table and then pick Man City like every other American these days.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

tao of lmao posted:

Didn’t plan to but I did watch a documentary on Thierry Henry and that dude was pretty amazing.

He was the best OP

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

I think we're still in search of a Wigan supporter

I knew a girl from Wigan. She supported Manchester United rip

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Support my team, a storied franchise who have fallen on hard times but are clawing their way back to the top with a team of local heroes.

Plucky underdogs the Manchester Red Devils.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

they a conference team or something?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Manchester United are the Leicester City of the Premier League

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

tao of lmao posted:

Please don’t troll me.

Ok don't be an Everton fan, do what you want and don't ask people, dumbo.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Support Arsenal

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Were there any good teams that were near top in the league in goals for and near the bottom in goals against?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Were there any good teams that were near top in the league in goals for and near the bottom in goals against?

Who are Newcastle United

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tao of lmao posted:

Just keep watching until you become interested in a team and what’s going on with them. No need to just pick a team from the get go.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Support a team that gets promoted and relegated frequently. Like Newcastle United.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Before picking a team, ask yourself, what's your tolerance for exposure to paedophilia and paedophilia-coverup related banter?

How much do you secretly enjoy being depressed and complaining?

If someone you really loved turned out to be racist, could you live with it as long as they were good at their job?

This will help you narrow it down.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Support Burnley

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
West Ham sounds funny with an American accent, so support them.

Alternatively just watch loads of games until you hate one team less than the others.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Carragher might get fired by Sky, he was caught on camera spitting on the 14 year old daughter of a United supporter that was giving him poo poo about yesterday's result.

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Carragher might get fired by Sky, he was caught on camera spitting on the 14 year old daughter of a United supporter that was giving him poo poo about yesterday's result.

lol

What a loving bellend.

They should let Gaz spit on him live on camera and call it even.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol at shrap's new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

lol at shrap's new av

It's so low effort that it's actually peak TRP.

• Locked thread