Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’ve got news for you, people are going to be just as stupid 1000 years from now or they’ll all be dead from someone sufficiently stupid getting hold of the helm for a little too long.

Worse than that, even. Idiocracy predicted a descent into mental enfeeblement taking 500 years, and 13 years later the US President in real life is dumber than the one from the movie. In 500 years I’ll be impressed if the majority of humanity hasn’t lost the capability of speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Eox posted:

Thankfully Doug Ford will resign if they get less than 54 seats, he's terrified of minorities.

:vince:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Entropic posted:

Ford vs Wynne is such a perfect Trump vs Hillary parallel it's frightening, right down to the "lol the party is in disarray and chose an incompetent grifting moron, Hillary Wynne must be so thankful for the easy win she's got coming!" takes.

People are going to force this narrative but Wynne has a good track record as an electioneer (whereas Clinton's like a dumber and less competent John Tory), and she's already run one campaign against Hudak without falling into the trap of "we are the natural smart and superior governing class and you should be grateful for us."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hand Knit posted:

People are going to force this narrative but Wynne has a good track record as an electioneer (whereas Clinton's like a dumber and less competent John Tory), and she's already run one campaign against Hudak without falling into the trap of "we are the natural smart and superior governing class and you should be grateful for us."

Yeah I'm no Liberal booster but I feel like anyone who calls Wynne incompetent or crooked is a low information voter.

Her government is open to attack on many fronts, but all the personal stuff against Wynne is rooted in misogyny homophobia or both.

It should be easy for the Liberals to goad Doug and/or his candidates into saying some offensive poo poo about her personally if they don't overplay their hand.

E: kind of non sequitur sorry

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reince Penis posted:

...anyone who calls Wynne incompetent or crooked is a low information voter.
...all the personal stuff against Wynne is rooted in misogyny homophobia or both.

Are you under the impression that these people are in the minority in Ontario?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

pretty telling that after the provincial election Trudeau picked up a lot of OLP campaign staff for his own campaign.

Nothing anyone thinks in this thread is going to affect the election, obviously, but underestimating the Liberals is how we ended up with Justin Trudeau

infernal machines posted:

Are you under the impression that these people are in the minority in Ontario?

Thankfully in our country you don't need a majority of voters to form a majority for some reason!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Dreylad posted:

Nothing anyone thinks in this thread is going to affect the election

Excuse me, I’m *belch* Doug Ford.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Reince Penis posted:

Yeah I'm no Liberal booster but I feel like anyone who calls Wynne incompetent or crooked is a low information voter.

Her government is open to attack on many fronts, but all the personal stuff against Wynne is rooted in misogyny homophobia or both.

It should be easy for the Liberals to goad Doug and/or his candidates into saying some offensive poo poo about her personally if they don't overplay their hand.

E: kind of non sequitur sorry

people identifies the shortcomings of a government with its leader, it's just human nature to put a face on a problem

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
22 minutes did a quick segment on doug's win and naturally conservative voters are mad at them again. The best comment I saw was "we really need a conservative news outlet in this country!" I was just thinking, "man, do you not see The Sun newspaper in every drat store?"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
What about The Rebel, guys?

Oh, right, they were barred from the announcement.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why should Wynne get a pass for the gas plant emails? Paul Martin had to eat poo poo for the sponsorship scandal and he actually did more or less the right thing by opening an inquiry into it, whereas the Ontario Liberals have been far from cooperative.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wynne gets a pass for Her Emails because the alternative is Doug loving Ford

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress you I'm voting for Kodos

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I mean, there is a third option outside the Liberals and PCs.

Or at least there used to be.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Furnaceface posted:

Who?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Suicide by rural Saskatchewan farmer.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Trillium party?

e: Oh, wait, no, you mean the Green party.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The NDP sucks balls but gently caress that "strategic voting" BS

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eXXon posted:

Why should Wynne get a pass for the gas plant emails? Paul Martin had to eat poo poo for the sponsorship scandal and he actually did more or less the right thing by opening an inquiry into it, whereas the Ontario Liberals have been far from cooperative.

The gas plants aren't even the most recent example of absolutely rampant corruption. Look at Del Duca and Metrolinx for example.

Tighclops posted:

The NDP sucks balls but gently caress that "strategic voting" BS

Maybe just vote for your MPP if they're good and have policies you like?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

All the options are bad but I'll probably still vote NDP anyway

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The ONDP still dont have a candidate for my riding.

How are they still so loving bad at this?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

The ONDP still dont have a candidate for my riding.

You know what you must do.

Or maybe run for the cons, Brown is an independent now, right?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 11, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

The gas plants aren't even the most recent example of absolutely rampant corruption. Look at Del Duca and Metrolinx for example.

my riding was solid NDP last election, although it got redistricted it still lets me vote ndp without feeling like I'm voting jill stein

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lol forever at the idea of "strategic voting" in a province where the absolute gold-standard of poll aggregation is Eric loving Grenier.

Hey guys, my predictions had error bars a mile wide and I was still as wrong as it's possible to be, but I'm claiming 90% accuracy for the election.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
DOn't vote you white dumbasses

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
there that post should help with the thread's CI withdrawls

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
His spirit lives on in each of us you park-loving burnout

T8R
Aug 9, 2005
Yes, I would like some tea!
as soon as the minority leaves the room the cultural appropriation begins nice job you liberal fucks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...Maybe we were the real Cultural Imperials all along.

e: For anyone still excited about the PCPO leadership clusterfuck

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/972905010513129472

https://twitter.com/CBCQueensPark/status/972907486880587776

And Mike loving Harris of all people is calling on Elliot to concede.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 11, 2018

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/AndrayDomise/status/972906629417943040

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I like Andray, but he's wrong of course.

Doug doesn't have to avoid stepping on his own dick to be judged Premier material.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
So not only did Elliott win the popular vote...she won the most ridings, the things that actually decide the premiere?

I'm growing increasingly confused as to what Doug Ford actually won. This points system seem like stupid crap, it's not even doing what it's suppose to do.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Except she's also claiming a bunch of votes were assigned to the wrong ridings, which definitely does matter.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 26, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Even if he did wholesale steal the election, this is exactly what was supposed to happen because god has abandoned us like children in a hot car.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

James Baud posted:

I mean, we all understand that "this wasn't supposed to happen!" re: Ford after throwing out Brown, but hey!

The vote was rigged! I should've won!

How do you know?

I rigged it!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Elliott is just super mad cause she really wants to be premier and twice now she's been the frontrunner and had it stolen from her by socons

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Elliott is just super mad cause she really wants to be premier and twice now she's been the frontrunner and had it stolen from her by socons

drat maybe she should try not throwing her lot in with conservatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

vyelkin posted:

Someone pointed out that she was the only one who didn’t petition for the injunction to delay the voting due to the issues they were having; presumable because she assumed the current situation favoured her. Now that she lost she’s the only one demanding an investigation into “irregularities”.