Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Cavauro posted:

who is the dumbest rear end irl wrestling couple of all time. Which ones toigether are a combined biggest dumb idiot?

There was a couple in the WWE a few years ago that quit when they were put on separate brands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rusty Shackelford posted:

There was a couple in the WWE a few years ago that quit when they were put on separate brands.

Not that dumb

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Carmella and big Cass stuck it out and now one of em is on the shelf with future plans of a single tumbleweed drifting through the desert and the other is... well the only thing I saw Carmella do in the past few months was answer tweets.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Piper once started a riot in Mexico by playing La Cucaracha on the bapipes, so he could at least play to a degree

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Piper once started a riot in Mexico by playing La Cucaracha on the bapipes, so he could at least play to a degree

San Francisco, not Mexico. It was his way of apologizing to the Guerrero family, specifically Chavo Sr.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

shiksa posted:

Carmella and big Cass stuck it out and now one of em is on the shelf with future plans of a single tumbleweed drifting through the desert and the other is... well the only thing I saw Carmella do in the past few months was answer tweets.

they also broke up

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rare Magic card l00k posted:

they also broke up

didn't know that whole group could even be more cursed

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Carmella is busy being in the new day videos

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

pirata morgan has lost 29 apuestas matches that was have record of but its probably more

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

oatgan posted:

pirata morgan has lost 29 apuestas matches that was have record of but its probably more

Did Pirata Morgan just lose Apuestas matches instead of going the barbers or something?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I was curious and looked him up, Pirata Morgan looks like Abyss' long lost dad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Did Pirata Morgan just lose Apuestas matches instead of going the barbers or something?

why pay for a haircut when you can get paid for them

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Lucha Kevin Nash posted:

why pay for a haircut when you can get paid for them

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm sure it has happened before but my favorite hair vs hair finish is Negro Casas and Blue Panther both losing their hair because the match went to a draw.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Well I guess that's going to segue into my next question:
Has a masked worker ever lost an apuestas match and lost their hair instead of their mask.
Looking at Pirata Morgan I'm going to guess yes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Well I guess that's going to segue into my next question:
Has a masked worker ever lost an apuestas match and lost their hair instead of their mask.
Looking at Pirata Morgan I'm going to guess yes.

Yeah Super Calo lost one this way.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We've seen people lose a Loser Leaves Town match and then sneak back in under a mask. Has anyone lost a hair match and came back with a wig?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Benne posted:

We've seen people lose a Loser Leaves Town match and then sneak back in under a mask. Has anyone lost a hair match and came back with a wig?

Kurt Angle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

Kurt Angle.

HEY! He clearly said that his hair had just magically grown back overnight :colbert:

God I loved that angle (no pun intended).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

When a heel lost a hair match they'd usually come back in a wig, a hat, or something so they could be exposed as bald.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

who is the dumbest rear end irl wrestling couple of all time. Which ones toigether are a combined biggest dumb idiot?

Can we count Dixie and Serg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Can we count Dixie and Serg

They should count since Dixie was promoting wrestling with Ric Flair and his Memphis crew back in college!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

No, it really wasn't. A promised US title push was given to Dustin when Dusty returned to power and the Hollywood Blonds were broken up very quickly when they were blamed for a bad Clash rating. The Hollywood Blonds only came together because both guys weren't being used at the time.

The Hollywood Blonds were popular enough to win Tag Team of the Year in the Observer, so I don't think "got over in spite of booking" is too hot of a take, even if I was wrong about "super hot act." Maybe I'm being too generous, but I still think Austin's WCW work is strongly underrated, and worth checking out for the uninitiated.

Either way, there's a happy medium between "the company were dumb idiot fuckers for not seeing his greatness" and "he only got good when he went to ECW."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Austin's famous shoot ECW promo is anything to go by, he kept having his ideas shot down and plans for him nixed by the old-timers there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRe9PAGfCw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

The Hollywood Blonds were popular enough to win Tag Team of the Year in the Observer, so I don't think "got over in spite of booking" is too hot of a take, even if I was wrong about "super hot act." Maybe I'm being too generous, but I still think Austin's WCW work is strongly underrated, and worth checking out for the uninitiated.

Either way, there's a happy medium between "the company were dumb idiot fuckers for not seeing his greatness" and "he only got good when he went to ECW."

They were a hot act, my argument was with your claim that the narrative he was misused came up because Bischoff fired him via FedEx, no, he'd been misused several times before Bischoff came in. He was getting a push when he came in and was then misused again, but Austin had been frustrated several times already.

If OSW is saying he was bland and boring they are dumb as poo poo, and anyone saying that is dumb as hell. Heel Austin was anything but bland, the Hollywood Blonds were a completely over the top heel act. But the guy still wasn't used up to his potential.

None of this should be surprising because the people doing OSW don't know poo poo.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 12, 2018

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

They were a hot act, my argument was with your claim that the narrative he was misused came up because Bischoff fired him via FedEx, no, he'd been misused several times before Bischoff came in. He was getting a push when he came in and was then misused again, but Austin had been frustrated several times already.

If OSW is saying he was bland and boring they are dumb as poo poo, and anyone saying that is dumb as hell. Heel Austin was anything but bland, the Hollywood Blonds were a completely over the top heel act. But the guy still wasn't used up to his potential.

None of this should be surprising because the people doing OSW don't know poo poo.

So is it fair to say that every hot act in WWE today is today's Steve Austin in WCW?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

When a heel lost a hair match they'd usually come back in a wig, a hat, or something so they could be exposed as bald.

Cept for Suzuki who refused to give us fuckers the satisfaction.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Cept for Suzuki who refused to give us fuckers the satisfaction.

I went to his store the day after he got shaved and he was there wearing a fedora and when we walked in he took it off to show us his bald head.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

remusclaw posted:

Stupid Pro Wrestling minutia question. When Brock was about to debut originally, there were dark match reports of him winning matches with the TKO, which at the time I took to mean the Marc Mero finish fireman carry cutter. So is that TKO just a miscalling of the yet to be named F5, was he actually using the TKO, or was it a reference to winning by TKO, which he did regularly with his multiple powerbombs finish he used for a while after his tv debut?

Making this much harder to answer is the fact that Brock Lesnar TKO now only really shows that Randy Orton finish and UFC results.

It's just the F5 but there was no name for it yet so people just took it as a modified TKO. If you search "Lesnar dark match" on youtube, you'll find what your looking for. He beats some guys with a running powerslam but out of the ones I watched he beat Spike Dudley and Funaki with a normal F5.

He also loses a few dark matches, which I didn't know about. Even knowing that nobody knew who he was, it's weird to see Brock take losses from Albert or a past-his-prime Mr. Perfect.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

I went to his store the day after he got shaved and he was there wearing a fedora and when we walked in he took it off to show us his bald head.

Minoru Suzuki runs a store? What kind of a store is it?

And while we're on the topic of that wonderful and friendly man, has he ever played a babyface role during his pro wrestling career? For a storyline, or a month or two, or maybe even just for one match? Suzuki is the kind of dude who I just am not able to imagine being a face in any situation, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he could've faced someone who's even more terrifying and he'd be face by default, but I have a hard time thinking who that could be.

Pancrase / MMA is a different deal and doesn't count, I could see Suzuki's countrymen rooting for him against, say, a foreign guy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

And while we're on the topic of that wonderful and friendly man, has he ever played a babyface role during his pro wrestling career? For a storyline, or a month or two, or maybe even just for one match? Suzuki is the kind of dude who I just am not able to imagine being a face in any situation, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he could've faced someone who's even more terrifying and he'd be face by default, but I have a hard time thinking who that could be.

Pancrase / MMA is a different deal and doesn't count, I could see Suzuki's countrymen rooting for him against, say, a foreign guy.

he's a freelancer who sells his own merch and has a store in harajuku

http://www.piledriver.jp/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think MiSu was a face for a while when he was Triple Crown Champ

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

A quick google tells me he was a face on an episode of One Piece.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Benne posted:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Molly Holly did just that.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
When did WWE start putting these awful mspaint words up on the screen during promos and other bits? Is this some attempt at memes? poo poo is cringey and bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

When did WWE start putting these awful mspaint words up on the screen during promos and other bits? Is this some attempt at memes? poo poo is cringey and bad.

It's been happening for roughly... 3 weeks I think? It's terrible and I hate it and I can't believe they're still doing it.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Jerusalem posted:

It's been happening for roughly... 3 weeks I think? It's terrible and I hate it and I can't believe they're still doing it.

I don't watch the product regularly, so when someone showed me a screenshot of it, my reaction was 'no...There's no loving way that's real'. Which was also my reaction when I heard that Roman '4 Wrestlemanian Main Events in a Row' was trying to get over as a baby face by accusing someone of being Vince' handpicked guy.

I have a question. Well, it's more of a statement, but it does require an answer. I'm revisiting Miz's 2011 promo (which still holds up by the way) and this has always irritated me, and maybe the word means something else in the US, but chicken doesn't have crumbs. Crumbs is specifically from bread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fried chicken has crumbs.

Shake and Bake is made from crumbs.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Crumbs is specifically from bread.

A fools statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In the u.s.a. they don't have chicken without breading around it. a thin layer is considered "none"