Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's well documented that pc gamers have poo poo taste, we don't need your updates here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Crying at the opening cutscene of the RE6 Chris campaign

lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I decided on Metroid: Samus Returns btw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Relaxing tonight with Mario Kart 8 DX. Here's to a great weekend of gaming for everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first chapter of Chris RE6 had a metal gear rising level of sustained action, and it didn't even have a boss fight. The rest of this game is gonna be loving awesome. He saw a molting zombie cocoon and had a series of quick flashbacks to men he lost on the battlefield and started screaming and then it started counting up headshot medals from the chapter recap. This game owns!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
slowly chipping away at getting 100% on toki tori 2+ is a really enjoyable pickup and play game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE6 Mercenaries mode is so loving sick

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami and Spelunky. Might start Nioh if I finish a few errands early.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The first chapter of Chris RE6 had a metal gear rising level of sustained action, and it didn't even have a boss fight. The rest of this game is gonna be loving awesome. He saw a molting zombie cocoon and had a series of quick flashbacks to men he lost on the battlefield and started screaming and then it started counting up headshot medals from the chapter recap. This game owns!!
it's incredible. the Chris campaign is probably the worst one overall but the cutscenes are something else, I love that you spend the first few chapters just wandering around screaming the names of random people you've never met and know nothing about while having completely incoherent PTSD flashbacks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

low tax is bribing the 300 mods of this forum with a 78% dicount on nrod vpn and a markdown on the City Name Sports Team Now with Infinity Symbol Jersey to 55.99 (4 dollars off regular price) to say that he's not yobgoblin even tho this person posts and acts identically like yobgoblin, and clearly is yobogblin

Even though to me, he's distinct because he's somehow more tedious due to his tryhard sense of humor where Yobgoblin was just insane and unempathic, this post is epic.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

goferchan posted:

Relaxing tonight with Mario Kart 8 DX. Here's to a great weekend of gaming for everyone

I'd love to join you sometime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path and ds3, hopefully some bloodborne later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

prolly just more FFXIV and splatoon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

Crying at the opening cutscene of the RE6 Chris campaign

Chris's campaign is so weird and poorly conceived. Like, even in RE6 it stands out as the most completely non-horror thing possible.

It's a great game, I just don't know what the hell they were thinking when they made it.

e: Sherry's campaign is also great, because it involves her and Wesker Jr bonding over their very relatable experience of having a crazy dad who turned himself into a zombie monster and got blown up by STARS. It also has a lot of RE3 stuff generally, including another Nemesis equivalent.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 11, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

gonna give ffxv one more try today partly because i can't decide if i like it or not and partly because i don't really know what else to do today :\

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Monster hunter and maybe some bloodborne

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kirby whilst i poo poo

La Mulana whilst i am not making GBS threads

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Got an old CRT and hooked up my PS2 and Wii, so old games I think.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I made a batch of beer and now I'm playing dark souls 3, Co op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wanna get my gamecube set up and play PN03 some day

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I'd love to join you sometime

:wink: friend code 1805 8230 2429

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

component cables right?? check out burnout 3 on that bad larry

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also Burnout 2.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Currently watching Bob stream DS3, later either Sniper Elite 4 or Anno 2070

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Currently watching Bob stream DS3, later either Sniper Elite 4 or Anno 2070

I can’t imagine a better way to spend a weekend afternoon.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

man co op in dark souls is fun. also using a bow is fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I can’t imagine a better way to spend a weekend afternoon.

you really missed out

hoping to get some bloodborne in if this headache ever goes away

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beat the ps4 Shadow of Colossus over the weekend, never played it before. Pretty drat cool, and the ending was surprisingly strong. The cool colossuses were absolutely stunning, idk how much of it is the updated graphics but the draw distance and scale of everything is insane. Definitely still some ps2 jank though, even with remapped controls the climbing still falls apart every now and then, and everything involving climbing around a hand can gently caress off. Also I’m down with not overly explaining things but some horse tips would’ve been nice. I didn’t realize you could turn at full speed by tapping run until like the 9th fight, I just thought you had to trot everywhere that wasn’t an open field.

Favorite fight: flying sand snake
Worst fight: the second armored cat/dog thing where you’re just knocking down pillars for 8 minutes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It was ok to not explain the controls on the PS2 on account of there being a manual to tell you about them. Not sure if the remaster has one or not, though.

And yeah they definitely updated the textures and models but the sense of scale was always there. The game was honestly a lot more than the PS2 could handle; lots of single digit framerates in the bigger scenes. At the time I didn't notice so much but when you look at it now it's super obvious.

The flying snake fight is still one of the coolest things in videogames.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

It was ok to not explain the controls on the PS2 on account of there being a manual to tell you about them. Not sure if the remaster has one or not, though.

And yeah they definitely updated the textures and models but the sense of scale was always there. The game was honestly a lot more than the PS2 could handle; lots of single digit framerates in the bigger scenes. At the time I didn't notice so much but when you look at it now it's super obvious.

The flying snake fight is still one of the coolest things in videogames.

Jumping onto that wing is the most thrilling thing ever

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Double everything weekend in Black Ops The Third.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE6 and Splatoon 2.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Jumping onto that wing is the most thrilling thing ever

loving this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i wanna play a good stompymech game but mw5 mercs isn't out yet (and who knows if it'll be good), and battletech's not out yet either and strategy besides

curses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

component cables right?? check out burnout 3 on that bad larry
Composite, sadly. The TV doesn't do component. Uncle at Nintendo suggested S-Video, so I'm going to see if it does that.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

all this bloodborne talk is getting me excited about bloodborne so I think im gonna play bloodborne tonight

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s not friday.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had my PS2 hooked up to an old Sony Trinitron via S-Video and it looked pretty good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Trying out the Hat in Time editor but once I get it I'm gonna play Kirby Star Allies all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ff15