Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

And then you get one in your teeth and you pull on it and it scrapes all the toppings out of the burger and drops it on your lap, and you're sitting there with this giant onion in your mouth like a dog with a frisbee.

So, pretty happy then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress you all, diced onions on burgers owns

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

So, pretty happy then?

Naw man, I see that poo poo in my food I'm pulling it out with my hands. My lunch doesn't need a rip cord.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Welp. It nice to know an alleged hash dealer can become our next Premier of ontario

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 9, 2022

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Helsing posted:

This graph takes us right up to the moment that Doug Ford was declared leader.

FORD

*CLICK*

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

WaffleLove posted:

Welp. It nice to know an alleged hash dealer can become our next Premier of ontario

finally, upward mobility

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress you all, diced onions on burgers owns

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The loving problem is Harvey's uses red onion.. on burgers. A&W only ff chain to realize the potential of slicing white onions.

Yep first CanPol post in a year(s?) is about burger toppings. I will poo poo it up extra heavy and state that I hope Tanya Granic Allen continues to get a lot of air time.. not in the hope that she tanks the party from within (although that would be a nice plus), but because she's the first living person I've genuinely wanted to hate gently caress. :cheers:

I love her and her blackened heart

Math You fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 12, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Charming.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Postess with the Mostest fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 12, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

My parents (both steadfast Conservative voters) have been in Arizona all winter, and won't be back for a few more weeks. I talked to my Dad yesterday, and thought I'd give him the news.
Me: Have you heard any of the stuff going on with the provincial Conservatives?
Dad: I heard a while back that they tossed out the leader. Did they pick a new one yet?
M: Yup, they just finished the leadership vote.
D: Who won? Christine Elliott?
M: Nope, Dougie Ford.
D: (Five seconds of silence) You're loving kidding me.
M: Nope.
D: But why... Christine would have been the perfect leader to beat Wynne... Why would they choose that idiot?
M: I know, right?
D: (Long sigh) I'm going to have a real hard time voting for Doug Ford.

It was pretty telling to me that the Old Guy didn't say that he wouldn't vote for Ford, just that he'd have a hard time doing so. I think that's how a lot of Con voters are going to roll. Hold their noses, and vote for Doug, because that's Their Team.
Anyway, all the possible endings are not great. My riding has no NDP candidate yet (cuz these elections just come outta nowhere, you can't predict when they'll spring up, right?)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Zombie Guy posted:

It was pretty telling to me that the Old Guy didn't say that he wouldn't vote for Ford, just that he'd have a hard time doing so. I think that's how a lot of Con voters are going to roll. Hold their noses, and vote for Doug, because that's Their Team.

In my experience right-wing voters are much more motivated by hatred of the other than by affinity with their own candidate, so it's in my opinion more likely that your dad will motivate himself by voting against Wynne than by voting for Ford. Like in 2016, when Republican voters were willing to hold their nose and vote for Trump because they hated Hillary Clinton so much. In fact this is probably easier in Canada because outside of one riding you can also justify it to yourself by saying you're voting for your local Conservative candidate rather than the leader, whereas in America you have to actually cast a vote for president.

On the other hand, centrists and leftists seem much more motivated by the strengths or weaknesses of their own candidates, and are willing to stay home (even risking potentially-catastrophic right-wing governments) if they dislike the candidate they're given. This was one of Hillary Clinton's big mistakes in 2016, she assumed that her voters would be angry and terrified of a Trump presidency and turn out to vote for her the way conservatives turned out to vote because they were angry and terrified of a Hillary Clinton presidency, and she was wrong.

In other words, I hope Horwath and Wynne aren't basing their turnout strategies on "Wow everyone will turn out to vote against Doug Ford" because if they are then they will lose.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Maybe take another year off and try not to sound so rapey next time?

Ok I guess hate gently caress is a pretty gross term. I admit to being intentionally crude, but drat dude. I wish only to have the most enjoyable, sober, consensual hate sex.

Sorry for the awful derail.

Doug Ford absolutely has a high chance of winning. As much as I'd love to jump on the "this isn't AMERICA" train, Doug Ford honestly does not have anywhere near the baggage Trump did, and several massive advantages that Trump did not.

I'd love to say the thrashings Dougie will take in the debates will make a difference, but no one gives a gently caress about debates. We can only hope the OPC continue to eat themselves alive with the same vigor they have the last couple months decade.
Hold onto your butts.

Math You fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 12, 2018

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Math You posted:

Doug Ford absolutely has a high chance of winning. As much as I'd love to jump on the "this isn't AMERICA" train, Doug Ford honestly does not have anywhere near the baggage Trump did, and several massive advantages that Trump did not.

I'd love to say the thrashings Dougie will take in the debates will make a difference, but no one gives a gently caress about debates. We can only hope the OPC continue to eat themselves alive with the same vigor they have the last couple months decade.
Hold onto your butts.

I don't think we lost much with Elliot. Half of me thinks yeah, she's calm, experienced and she'll surround herself with intelligent people. The other half says maybe if she actually did that she wouldn't have lost to Doug loving Ford.

It's going to be an amazing entertaining election cycle, absolutely top notch. Nobody better to threaten to throw Wynne in jail but I do not love the idea of him or the PCPO MPPs in charge of the province nevermind the socon poo poo, who's going to run electricity, Oosterhoff? The Liberals are competent at being terrible and the ONDP lack warm bodies let alone good MPPs. I'll probably vote NDP this election. If PCs come door knocking, I'll ask what makes them better conservatives than OLP.

I am still going to cheer for Doug Ford until the election though just because it's fun. e. I might cheer for Libs from a conservative position, like what can the PCs do to possibly out-conservative 5 years of health care freezes and cutting autism treatment for kids over 5

Postess with the Mostest fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 12, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
You remember the Harris years, right?

They can cut more.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

PCPO: So focused on butt-fuckin', they do it to the entire province.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/973208927989985280

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/902577818294521858

Good stuff.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

vyelkin posted:

In my experience right-wing voters are much more motivated by hatred of the other than by affinity with their own candidate, so it's in my opinion more likely that your dad will motivate himself by voting against Wynne than by voting for Ford. Like in 2016, when Republican voters were willing to hold their nose and vote for Trump because they hated Hillary Clinton so much. In fact this is probably easier in Canada because outside of one riding you can also justify it to yourself by saying you're voting for your local Conservative candidate rather than the leader, whereas in America you have to actually cast a vote for president.

On the other hand, centrists and leftists seem much more motivated by the strengths or weaknesses of their own candidates, and are willing to stay home (even risking potentially-catastrophic right-wing governments) if they dislike the candidate they're given. This was one of Hillary Clinton's big mistakes in 2016, she assumed that her voters would be angry and terrified of a Trump presidency and turn out to vote for her the way conservatives turned out to vote because they were angry and terrified of a Hillary Clinton presidency, and she was wrong.

In other words, I hope Horwath and Wynne aren't basing their turnout strategies on "Wow everyone will turn out to vote against Doug Ford" because if they are then they will lose.

I would say that it is more because the right is more driven by 'loyalty'. It doesn't matter how bad your team plays, it's your team. It doesn't matter how much you hate your brother, he's family. It's Canada: love it or leave it. Their mindset is that their insular group comes above all else, to the expense of others and to themselves. Hate plays a role in it because if 'you aren't with us, you're against us', but I feel a lot of it is more brand loyalty.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I wonder how quick the PCPO will put a stop to that northern Ontario’s UBI project.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

StarMinstrel posted:

I wonder how quick the PCPO will put a stop to that northern Ontario’s UBI project.

Doesn't matter what they do with that project, the Ontario Liberals have already sabotaged it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

StarMinstrel posted:

(Part of) Hamilton is also one of the pilot areas.

Also lol if you don't think the PCs will defund local transit completely, upload service to Metrolinx, and fully privatize the operation of every line in the province.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 12, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Math You posted:

Ok I guess hate gently caress is a pretty gross term. I admit to being intentionally crude, but drat dude. I wish only to have the most enjoyable, sober, consensual hate sex.

Sorry for the awful derail.

Hold onto your butts.

seriously, Doug Ford is the clear favorite to win right now, I would be somewhat surprised if he loses

he was -6 vs John Tory in Toronto back in 2014, and this is an election in which the battleground riding are the GTA suburbs. If the PCs get the same margins in Toronto as FORD did in 2014 they prob win the election

hillary had to throw the election in 100 different ways to lose, Wynne starts out as the underdog and has to fight uphill all the way

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
Also I thought Dougie promised to walk back the sex Ed curriculum and something about parental abortion rights.

What do you guys think about him alligning with the soc cons? I tend to think that hurts him in the gen election but maybe not...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I suspect that short of true Red Tories, anyone willing to vote Conservative before will vote Conservative now, because things like "give parents a say in sex-ed curriculum" and "give parents a veto over abortions for underage teens" aren't the most controversial positions ever staked out.

I mean it's not like he's threatening to fund non-Catholic religious schools or anything.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hold on to your butts.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The general line I've heard from PC voting older family members so far is "Well Doug Ford is horrible and I hate social conservatives but if I don't hold my nose and vote for them, Kathleen Wynne Debt Financial Apocalypse within a decade etc.. etc..."

I mean hey, under any Doug Ford administration I'd likely lose my job because there's no way that guy views healthcare R&D as 'essential' and I guaran loving tee we'd be on the chopping block (or at least be under a long term wage freeze where we'd lose a ton of good people to less efficient and less useful similar private industry jobs), but every time I point that part out its "oh no he'd just trim the wasteful public jobs not yours you're overreacting". :psyduck:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ah, yes, the assumption that despite all available evidence, Doug Ford has even the first concept of what's wasteful. Or indeed any idea of what it is the government does, and why.

He was on city council in Toronto for four years if you're curious.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the differences between conservatives and liberals are largely cultural and social issues, it's true.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What are the odds of Ford rolling back any and all decisions Wynne has made?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Like I get it, if there was a BC election and a cabal of real-estate developers and LNG interests had made some sort of cyber-christie and the BCNDP leader was Jenny Kwan I'd probably still vote for my local NDP MLA.
Doug Ford is terrible and they know it, but when the alternative in their mind is a crashed economy, DEBT, and forced trans abortions they know how important voting for the lesser evil it.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
OLP needs to dump Wynne and run Sousa.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
We need to exhume the corpse of Layton and have him lead us in undeath

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'd vote for the Necromantic Democrat Party.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Testikles posted:

We need to exhume the corpse of Layton and have him lead us in undeath

That sets a dangerous precedent. You know drat well Robbie would be the next one shambling out of the grave.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

As if Conservatives wouldn't ban necromancy before abortion. Death begins at expiration.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

McGavin posted:

As if Conservatives wouldn't ban necromancy before abortion. Death begins at expiration.

As if Conservatives wouldn't explicitly allow people to decide what they can do with your body.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

As long as necromancy was extremely expensive to ensure only the most worthy people were brought back they'd be fine with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Shameless

CPC HQ posted:

Despite warning signs the new Phoenix payroll system wasn’t ready; the Liberals chose to move ahead with its implementation anyway.

Ikantski — what public servants have had to endure throughout this fiasco is unacceptable.

The Liberals recklessly decided to implement Phoenix before it was ready, and it is our hardworking public servants who have had to pay the price.

To date, the Liberal government has spent more than $460 million to implement the faulty Phoenix pay system, and Budget 2018 commits an additional $431.4 million over six years to fix the system.

That right, the Liberals won’t be able to fix this system for another six years!

150,000 public servants still have outstanding pay requests that need to be processed.

Canadian workers deserve to be paid what they are owed and on time, today!

Help us bring a competent government back to Ottawa next year with a donation today!