Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My cousin seems to be what is clinically called Dumb As gently caress.

Yeah man, that's a real video of a real thing that has not been implemented. Better than MREs!

OldMemes posted:

At least with the reboot games they actually tried to give Lara character development and a personality that wasn't just 'British and Posh'. I could never get into the older games, but I quite liked the reboot and Rise.

Call me back when they get a cameraman who doesn't have constant seizures. I got violently ill before I managed to get a bow in my hands in the first game, and I don't normally get motion sick. You can't turn it off and it's baked into all the cutscenes. I hope you really want to vomit even without seeing all the violence!

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Mar 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Perhaps you just have a delicate baby tummy.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Perhaps you just have a delicate baby tummy.

I can play Mirror's Edge all day, but that wasn't someone just fake shaking a camera like they were freezing to death while filming. Their camerawork is obnoxious, and the camera shake in third person was no better. Maybe they can just make their violence jerkoff simulator not also be filmed by the cameramen for the Blair Witch Project?

And my cousin's friends are also stupid as gently caress:

PS: The original video is from some meal at home service in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Mar 12, 2018

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah man, that's a real video of a real thing that has not been implemented. Better than MREs!

I spent 4 months once eating nothing but MREs and it's not something I'd wish on anybody, not even with the half-decent MREs that exist these days.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soviet Commubot posted:

I spent 4 months once eating nothing but MREs and it's not something I'd wish on anybody, not even with the half-decent MREs that exist these days.

Yeah, better than MREs is not saying much.

Oh hey, my cousin's dad chimed in. (I'm the one in yellow in both images)

UPDATE: AND THEN MY COUSIN DELETED THE POST. I guess he has SOME shame!

FUN FACT: My cousin's dad there has 100% disability. His lungs are burnt out from a gun backfire in Desert Storm. He had to actually fight for that disability status, and I am positive that involved food stamps.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Mar 12, 2018

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's probably a foreseeable consequence of promoting the idea that everyone is a racist because of systemic racism. The "racist" label used to just be for the most obvious, most hateful people, so saying everyone growing up in a racist system is a racist was shocking and attention getting. "I'm not like those people!" Fantastic way of getting people to pay attention to the jolly condescending racism of well-meaning folk, and think about how it looks from the other side.

But it means that the 'racist' label is no longer sufficient for the hateful mean-spirited racists. We need something stronger to indicate that these people aren't just thoughtless or ignorant, they are malevolent. Racist 2.0.

This process is also known as "crying wolf".

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That could be solved by providing universal health care, but these shitbags won't fund that either.

Well, that would certainly help, yes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Skwirl posted:

The reasons busses stop running at a certain hour is because you fuckers won't fund public transit. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I cut funding? I regret this :(

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Biplane posted:

Terrorising the enemy, psyops, etc, there are loads of excuses but in reality theyre all insane war criminals sheltered by a system of war criminals, engineered to profit war criminals.

It's funny how the USA has literally become the evil dystopian empire out of lovely YA fiction.

"funny"

:smithicide:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I cut funding? I regret this :(
we all cut back on funding

and we will all regret this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knormal posted:

I've never swung an axe, but I feel like I could figure it out pretty quick. Is there some secret about axes that I've been missing out on?

For chopping firewood? Keep your legs apart, aim for dead centre, and don't do it indoors unless the ceiling is high enough to clear both you and the axe.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Every single time.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

so that's what it looks like when they don't have a thesaurus

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

FUN FACT: My cousin's dad there has 100% disability. His lungs are burnt out from a gun backfire in Desert Storm. He had to actually fight for that disability status, and I am positive that involved food stamps.

You don't get it. They will only take away the BAD peoples' food stamps or make it harder to live for the BAD people. Good people like your cousin's dad are going to be A-ok.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh god, a dude who was with me in high-school just shared the most :discourse: "old people are the best" video from a site called "Grand-Mother Tips", its in French so here's a translation (bold text was emphasized in the vid, all punctuation transcribed as is). For the images, imagine an old timey TV displaying a new black and white image for every line.

quote:

We, the people BORN BETWEEN 1950 and 1989, are the luckiest
After school, we would play until night fell
We never bothered to wear helmets
There was no risk in drinking tap water
And we never got ill after sharing it
Nothing ever happened to our feet, even after wandering around barefoot
We never used nutrition supplements to stay healthy
We were used to making our own toys and having fun with them
We never had phones, consoles or computers
But we had many real friends
We were used to visiting our friends without calling them first
The family was close-knit
And we had links based on love
We are unique and we are the most understanding generation
Because we are the last generation that listened to their parents...
And the first to also listen to their kids
We are not special but we are a limited edition

Now this is already pretty loving amazing, from the wide timespan (1950 to 1989 ?!) to the "oh we are so unique" crap, but the real kicker is that the dude who shared it is a year older than me, he was born in 19-loving-89 and having known him for like 4 years while growing up, none of the above applied to him :psyduck:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Elysiume posted:

Every single time.

Is there a German word for not being allowed near schools?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh god, a dude who was with me in high-school just shared the most :discourse: "old people are the best" video from a site called "Grand-Mother Tips", its in French so here's a translation (bold text was emphasized in the vid, all punctuation transcribed as is). For the images, imagine an old timey TV displaying a new black and white image for every line.

Now this is already pretty loving amazing, from the wide timespan (1950 to 1989 ?!) to the "oh we are so unique" crap, but the real kicker is that the dude who shared it is a year older than me, he was born in 19-loving-89 and having known him for like 4 years while growing up, none of the above applied to him :psyduck:

The born in 1989 and never having a phone, computer, or console is just lol. gently caress, most people born in 1950 had phones growing up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alterian posted:

The born in 1989 and never having a phone, computer, or console is just lol. gently caress, most people born in 1950 had phones growing up.

You can tell it was written by a person born in the 90s or 2000s because they equate phone with cell phone.

Also people born in the late sixties and onwards definitely often had home video game consoles and other microcomputers growing up. E: if you were born in 1968 or so you would've experienced the loving height of the home computing craze as a teenager.

And loving everyone hurt their bare feet all the time outside and the mum had to put disinfectant on the wounds and it sucked.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can tell it was written by a person born in the 90s or 2000s because they equate phone with cell phone.

Also people born in the late sixties and onwards definitely often had home video game consoles and other microcomputers growing up. E: if you were born in 1968 or so you would've experienced the loving height of the home computing craze as a teenager.

And loving everyone hurt their bare feet all the time outside and the mum had to put disinfectant on the wounds and it sucked.

You only need to walk barefoot on chipseal once before you learn your lesson.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm definitely not defending the guy but if it's 100% disabled from the VA/Military, that does not involve food stamps. Even social security disability doesn't involve food stamps. Those are completely dependent on income and depending on how long he served and what rank he got to (if he retired) then he probably doesn't qualify for food stamps/EBT.

He's still probably an idiot though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

What is it with 1989? Here's an idiot I just ran into:

https://twitter.com/BeckyJohnson222/status/972090205229363201
https://twitter.com/BeckyJohnson222/status/973050298133393408

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, one of my sisters was born in '89, and I'm pretty sure she saved up to buy her first cell phone when she was sixteen or so.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

It's like they don't know that there are ways to express your displeasure without being a total rear end in a top hat about it. Instead of "Suck on a barrel you SJW human being!" maybe respond with "You cost our team that round because you were playing like an idiot. Please stop it" You have, like, actual words. Use them.

That would require intelligence and thought. Can't have any of that when you are sucking back GFuel and trying to get more viewers on Twitch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

That would require intelligence and thought. Can't have any of that when you are sucking back GFuel and trying to get more viewers on Twitch.

Besides, being polite doesn't pull in the views like being a raging rear end in a top hat does. Mr. Rogers is dead and now people are like 'drat I miss that guy' And on the other hand being just the loving worst gets you a spot on FOX News or being the President.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
50s - 80s kids famous for listening to their parents - from greasers over hippies to punkers so much non-stop listening going on. And then listened attentively to their own kids which is why they are... uh, worse off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My dad once went off on my sister about something and said our whole generation is irresponsible, but then my mom chimed in with “we used to let people drop acid and then drive us places — and we wouldn’t wear seatbelts!”

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

the olden days where women knew their place and musselmen were stuck in their arid lands and racism didnt exist because it was accepted fact that the white man reigned supreme

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Biplane posted:

the olden days where women knew their place and musselmen were stuck in their arid lands and racism didnt exist because it was accepted fact that the white man reigned supreme

ah yes, the racist's paradise.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

My dad once went off on my sister about something and said our whole generation is irresponsible, but then my mom chimed in with “we used to let people drop acid and then drive us places — and we wouldn’t wear seatbelts!”

gently caress yeah mom :drat:

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Fathis Munk posted:

All of these "hurr, we had REAAAAL friends and NO TECHNOLOGY (but do you remember cartoons and taping the radio???)" wind me up a treat. It's even worse now that some of my old school friends have started sharing images saying that they only had 3 TV channels and not a computer in sight and survived. We used to watch Cartoon Network and play Tekken 2 for hours, knock it off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Walton Simons posted:

All of these "hurr, we had REAAAAL friends and NO TECHNOLOGY (but do you remember cartoons and taping the radio???)" wind me up a treat. It's even worse now that some of my old school friends have started sharing images saying that they only had 3 TV channels and not a computer in sight and survived. We used to watch Cartoon Network and play Tekken 2 for hours, knock it off.

Why does everyone hate their childhood so much?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Why is it always teachers? "I'm a teacher and..." seems to be secret code for "disregard everything after the ellipses that isn't strictly about my job."

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

RareAcumen posted:

Saying you had a difficult childhood makes people feel better about failing later in life. Even if they grew up in a middle class suburban home.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Warmachine posted:

Why is it always teachers? "I'm a teacher and..." seems to be secret code for "disregard everything after the ellipses that isn't strictly about my job."

That's true for every skilled job. It's also very common with doctor and engineer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If someone starts an anonymous posts with stating their profession, it's safe to assume they don't even have a job.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RoboRodent posted:

You know, one of my sisters was born in '89, and I'm pretty sure she saved up to buy her first cell phone when she was sixteen or so.
I was born in '84 and had a cell phone by the time The Matrix was in theaters.

Walton Simons posted:

When I was 10 or 11 my parents said "fine, just watch cartoons all night!" It was awesome and they did not expect me to still be doing it when they woke up.

Way back before Toonami and Adult Swim; there was a solid hour block of black and white classics somewhere in there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My favourite response to posts like "Like and share if you survived not wearing a bike helmet and drank out of a garden hose!" is "scroll past and ignore if you cracked your head open, got cancer, and died!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Skwirl posted:

It depends on the size, but almost certainly less than it would cost to remove, given tattoo artists don't need medical degrees or expensive lasers. Also I'm pretty sure every single tattoo that exists takes less time to put on than take off.

Sure, so cover it up. Some artists do Nazi cover-ups for free.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RareAcumen posted:

My childhood was awesome thank you very much. I got to watch Arthur and Batman in the morning and my dog was still alive.

And I grew up in the 90s, that decade everyone says was poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I was born in 87 and would have played more NES if my dad didn't keep throwing the controllers and breaking them.