Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

lol, why does the middle seat in the back even have a seatbelt? Who the hell is going to sit on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

n0tqu1tesane posted:

lol, why does the middle seat in the back even have a seatbelt? Who the hell is going to sit on that?

Person who yelled "Not it!" last.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I made the pitch and my dad laughed at me

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's actually a really good looking BiTurbo, love the wheels :allears:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's also a lie. It's not a bi-turbo anymore. It's not even a turbo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im getting yelled at because that last fart has full saturation in the entire house and mom wants me to open my window or go outside

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MA-Horus posted:

??? It's got two turbos... so it's a... "bi-turbo."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

From 2001 to 2003, the car underwent a performance upgrade by Milo’s European Cars that included installing a Getrag 5-speed and a rebuilt 2.8L DOHC 24-valve V6 from a European-market 1994 Ghibli. Records for the work conducted are available and detail modifications including:

Cylinder heads ported and polished
New pistons
Two new B52 model Maserati turbochargers
Direct Turbo Intake with K&N Filters

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

From 2001 to 2003, the car underwent a performance upgrade by Milo’s European Cars that included installing a Getrag 5-speed and a rebuilt 2.8L DOHC 24-valve V6 from a European-market 1994 Ghibli. Records for the work conducted are available and detail modifications including:

Cylinder heads ported and polished
New pistons
Two new B52 model Maserati turbochargers
Direct Turbo Intake with K&N Filters

You need to buy it. It is your destiny.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

You need to buy it. It is your destiny.

Dad's already said absolutely not and he's holding onto my money so I dont blow it on stupid poo poo

He refuses to understand that this does not fall under the category of stupid poo poo

This is necessary poo poo, dad

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I did not see that it had turbos on it. Mea culpa. I thought it had been swapped for a NA motor.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Dad's already said absolutely not and he's holding onto my money so I dont blow it on stupid poo poo

He refuses to understand that this does not fall under the category of stupid poo poo

This is necessary poo poo, dad

That won't register in California if they take a good look at it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ok this is getting out of hand

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Spare parts!!!!

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I Bought A Biturbo: Necessary poo poo ITT

Edit: I love that the ad never actually has “biturbo” in it anywhere.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Big Taint posted:

I Bought A Biturbo: Necessary poo poo ITT

Edit: I love that the ad never actually has “biturbo” in it anywhere.

Because this car is a 228, the Biturbo name was dropped.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen more Bizarinnis driving in the wild than Biturbos moving under their own power

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gross

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

Because this car is a 228, the Biturbo name was dropped.

I know, it’s funny how poisonous the term is now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
God drat it dad

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Mom just sprayed me with a can of lysol

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also found out the 'rents have been keeping track of property values in Valentine and homes can be had for $30-40k out there

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Do you see yourself out that way in the long term?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Realistically theres a solid chance at some point I could settle down out there. Thats not a super short term goal though, but someday I would like to

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
For $100k you can buy a church in Crookston, NE, about 10 miles outside of Valentine. Also:

wikipedia posted:

Crookston is a village in Cherry County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 69 at the 2010 census.

Nice.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah unless I replace someone I cant in good faith gently caress that population up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp, missed out on giving AI some RHYNODICK today. This was a consolation prize.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm the quotation marks around the word "once."

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
That may ironically be the best sorted 80s Maserati, BiTurbo or not, on the planet.

DO IT

edit: ahahahah holy gently caress lmao

Crunchy Black fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 12, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Crunchy Black posted:

That may ironically be the best sorted 80s Maserati, BiTurbo or not, on the planet.

DO IT

edit: ahahahah holy gently caress lmao

Hahahahahaha holy loving poo poo :suicide:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What, its just a wiring diagram

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I don't know if I'm more impressed by the scale or granularity of it

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

What, its just a wiring diagram

Despite its similarity to the trukk this is actually all inside the vehicle.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Realistically theres a solid chance at some point I could settle down out there. Thats not a super short term goal though, but someday I would like to

Considering that Nebraska's social services mainly consist of a unfeeling shrug and a middle finger to your back as you turn to leave, I emphasize you should get your poo poo sorted in CO while you have the opportunity to do so.

I'm sure NE sounds nice and all because you wanna be King of Town but you gotta play the short game before you can play the long game.

Did you take the laptop with you?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tremek posted:

Considering that Nebraska's social services mainly consist of a unfeeling shrug and a middle finger to your back as you turn to leave, I emphasize you should get your poo poo sorted in CO while you have the opportunity to do so.

I'm sure NE sounds nice and all because you wanna be King of Town but you gotta play the short game before you can play the long game.

Did you take the laptop with you?

Like I said, eventual far future plans. Nowhere at all in the immediate future. Laptop is in the trailer locked up safe because my original plan had been to be gone like 2 days lol.

I may be taking the MSF down here before I return to CO, jaw is slowly healing but I really want to get back so I can get beanies mailed out. Didn't mean to be gone this long, but I hope everyone understands that I needed to get this done and that was my window to do so.

In other discussions, how do people feel about either one of these bikes?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/d/cxcafe-3200/6526766205.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/1978-cx500/6523175516.html

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Like I said, eventual far future plans. Nowhere at all in the immediate future. Laptop is in the trailer locked up safe because my original plan had been to be gone like 2 days lol.

I may be taking the MSF down here before I return to CO, jaw is slowly healing but I really want to get back so I can get beanies mailed out. Didn't mean to be gone this long, but I hope everyone understands that I needed to get this done and that was my window to do so.

No and no. Go back 10 pages and look at all the feedback about naked bikes versus those with fairings, carbs, and bias ply tires.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/d/2008-kawasaki-versys-red/6523790173.html

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/2003-suzuki-sv650s/6523434115.html

Comedy option:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2015-and-2017-honda-grom/6526100537.html

If you want to ride it (as opposed to look at it and be sad that it's not running) in CO, you want fuel injection, some kind of fairing/wind protection, and modern tires and suspension geometry. I assure you this is the optimal configuration.

Stay on target, Brown Leader

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

These are legit cool and I'm considering getting one for tootling around on.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so if a 300 is too slow for altitude and the spare 600F3 is too high strung, where does a CBR500 fall in? Maybe not this particular one but as an example
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2014-honda-cbr-500/6525669522.html

And 300 critics aside, I found a brand new 0 mile 2015 CBR300R at a dealership in Fremont old stock for $2900. Everybody says get a used bike but I'm finding a number of situations where new is cheaper than used even apples to apples. Ninja 300s are another one that are cheaper new than used here.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Get your MSF courses under your belt, get your endorsement, and go ride a sport bike like that CBR for more than an hour and see if your nuts can survive it. IMO the idea of a sport bike is a lot more alluring than the reality of living with one.

Moreover, you have your van for transportation in the meantime. Focus on the important poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Lol those bikes are horrible, a buddy of mine in high school had one and it's anemic as hell, not to mention the ugliest engine configuration ever invented.

The Versys that Tremek linked is a loving killer deal if you're gonna take road trips and poo poo, but the new CBR and Ninja you mentioned sounds like a great deal too only if you want a bike just to mess around on. No way I'd want any kind of crotch rocket for rides approaching 2+ hours your back and rear end will hate you. Full disclosure I took a GSXR750 on a road trip and it was a miserable experience.

• Locked thread