Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GobiasIndustries posted:

Case would be fine as a bridge if I trusted Elway to pick a QB worth a drat in the draft. Unfortunately I've got some real big concerns about the drafting part of things!

I would be stoked to see Case in Denver. In fact, I think that would be a great choice. I agree about the draft, Elway recently stated that he will keep swinging and missing on QBs "as long as necessary" which doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Play posted:

Possession receivers can and should be quick, what are you talking about. Yes, being slow is a negative. I'm not sure how you could possibly think otherwise. I agree I've been too hard on Crabtree, I'd like to see the guy succeed along with the team. I do think he needs to perform better for that to happen.

I remember two years ago, seems long a long time in the past. All I'm saying is that offense needs more juice and that at least is undeniable. In 2017 they lead the NFL in drops and air yards left on the field, for gods sake this isn't coming from nowhere. https://www.silverandblackpride.com...they-break-down

Gruden just called Cooper "the centerpiece of the offense" in a press conference. Granted, he hasn't actually started coaching yet due to some strange rules I don't understand but I don't love the sound of that.

EVERYONE sucked last year(lovely OC, injuries and poisonous locker room). Singling out Crabtree is really dumb. Although from what I hear if Crabs and Lynch don't restructure, they're gone. Probably gone anyway. Also, Gruden intends to make Coop the centerpiece, which make sense, he's their best weapon.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gruden is going to turn cooper into Jerry rice and Tim Brown combined

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Volkerball posted:

Gruden is going to turn cooper into Jerry rice and Tim Brown combined

source your quotes

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Albert Einstein

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
For the Crabtree and Lynch haters:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-raiders-to-bring-back-michael-crabtree-marshawn-lynch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers need Rashaad Penny in the third round

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Woah this just in:

The Ghost Of Al Davis posted:

The Raiders suck now.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 6, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That picture is really really good.

Lynch makes sense because as people have noted he put up some good numbers in the latter half of the season, hopefully Gruden can make sure he starts out right this time because the rumor was apparently that he was badly out of shape to start the season.

I was wrong about Crabtree, I projected my issues with the entire offense onto him. Sorry Michael.

With Cooper.. yeah he's a weapon but what's with the drops? Is that something that can be fixed? That hasn't worked much in the past, people can either catch the ball naturally or they can't. To me, the idea of that offense as exactly the same as last season is not a winning formula. Seems kind of obvious that they should shake it up a bit in FA/trades given the performance last season. Their performance the season before that doesn't really mean anything.

In other news, the Broncos just traded Aqib Talib to the Rams for a 5th round pick lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Play posted:

That picture is really really good.

Lynch makes sense because as people have noted he put up some good numbers in the latter half of the season, hopefully Gruden can make sure he starts out right this time because the rumor was apparently that he was badly out of shape to start the season.

I was wrong about Crabtree, I projected my issues with the entire offense onto him. Sorry Michael.

With Cooper.. yeah he's a weapon but what's with the drops? Is that something that can be fixed? That hasn't worked much in the past, people can either catch the ball naturally or they can't. To me, the idea of that offense as exactly the same as last season is not a winning formula. Seems kind of obvious that they should shake it up a bit in FA/trades given the performance last season. Their performance the season before that doesn't really mean anything.

In other news, the Broncos just traded Aqib Talib to the Rams for a 5th round pick lol

The plan last year with Lynch was to use him lightly at the beginning of the season then workhorse him late. What happened with the offense in 2016 DOES matter as it shows this can be a prolific offense and it actually has more weapons now. Unless Gruden decides to dump Lynch and Crabtree, not many tweaks need to be made. Replace Seth Roberts and this is a deep slot WR draft and the Raiders have 11 picks. Coop also only had three drops in '16.

The defense is going to need DBs and D-linemen. Re-sign Bowman please although this is a solid, if top heavy, LB draft.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Play posted:

While I am happy this frees up a lot of salary cap, just a fifth round draft pick seems pretty lame for Talib. Please let us not be a dumpster fire for another year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Croatoan posted:

While I am happy this frees up a lot of salary cap, just a fifth round draft pick seems pretty lame for Talib. Please let us not be a dumpster fire for another year.

You just monkey pawed us into a tire fire

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You just monkey pawed us into a tire fire

Into?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Sir, it is a known fact that a tire fire is worse than a dumpster fire.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sir, it is a known fact that a tire fire is worse than a dumpster fire.

I won't be happy until the Broncos are a coal seam fire and Denver has to be abandoned like that town in Pennsylvania.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

warcrimes posted:

The plan last year with Lynch was to use him lightly at the beginning of the season then workhorse him late. What happened with the offense in 2016 DOES matter as it shows this can be a prolific offense and it actually has more weapons now. Unless Gruden decides to dump Lynch and Crabtree, not many tweaks need to be made. Replace Seth Roberts and this is a deep slot WR draft and the Raiders have 11 picks. Coop also only had three drops in '16.

The defense is going to need DBs and D-linemen. Re-sign Bowman please although this is a solid, if top heavy, LB draft.

I hope you're right and they can get back in 2016 form but I'll believe it when I see it. Oftentimes when a player starts regressing they don't stop. Right now the most recent evidence is that the offense is not good enough to win consistently and so it needs to be adjusted.

A good slot receiver in the draft would definitely go a long way. And if Gruden can really lay the heat on Carr (because he had a really poor season as well) and get him back in form then they have a chance.

Croatoan posted:

Yeah they had to do it but they got absolutely swindled. I honestly can't believe that he went for such a low price. There's a 20% chance that a fifth round pick won't even be on a team at the start of their first season; that compared to an extremely talented player a bit past his prime but still playing real solid football? I guess I'm just surprised another team didn't offer more, maybe throw in another player or something.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

I won't be happy until the Broncos are a coal seam fire and Denver has to be abandoned like that town in Pennsylvania.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
^^^^^^^ he's not wrong though

warcrimes posted:

Agreed 100%

Bowman was pretty solid and he also beat the Broncos which should earn him a statue in any decent American city. Dump the whole drat draft into defense aside from finding a slot receiver and I think we'll be setup for a good run.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Play posted:

I hope you're right and they can get back in 2016 form but I'll believe it when I see it. Oftentimes when a player starts regressing they don't stop. Right now the most recent evidence is that the offense is not good enough to win consistently and so it needs to be adjusted.

A good slot receiver in the draft would definitely go a long way. And if Gruden can really lay the heat on Carr (because he had a really poor season as well) and get him back in form then they have a chance.

Who is regressing? The problems last year can clearly be traced to two events that caused a fail cascade. Downing not being anywhere near an NFL OC and Carr breaking three bones in his back. Carr will be healthy and Gruden turned a journeyman QB into an MVP in Rich Gannon.

also this-

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972206056813289472

Good price for a solid space eater

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Good god almighty

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
please tell me that's a photoshop

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think it's one of those "this is you on drugs" commercials, like a before and after pictures of addiction

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it's fun to dart your eyes back and forth

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Good god almighty

it's the loving twins from Nothing But Trouble

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Good god almighty

Lmfao the ghost of Christmas future

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The raiders are dumping Sean Smith. It would've been really nice if he had worked out. Not all his fault tho.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not his fault he's going to jail for a year for felony assault?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh he got sentenced? Nice. Last I heard he was just getting investigated. Welp.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/973228095049289734

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Guys

Hey

Guess what??

Jake Butt is healthy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You never really consider the ramifications of an unhealthy Butt until it happens.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Make sure you have Safe Search OFF and avoid typos when looking up Butt

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That reminds me - I need to buy myself a Butt jersey

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Good god almighty

What Jon Gruden will look like at the end of his 10 year contract.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shoulda stayed in KC.

I think I want to see the Chiefs sign Suh and go back to one gapping. Let him stomp Carr and Rivers in the head a little bit to compensate for the fact our secondary is gonna suck.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think the secondary will be okay, Eric Berry coming back and Kendall Fuller is a beast. Had we kept Peters it would have been in the running for best secondary in the league though

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A starting duo of Fuller and Amerson isn't very inspiring with a recovering Berry and a mystery guy at FS. God help us if its Murry.

They have to find a good pass-rush this spring or they are somehow going to be even worse on Defense.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973369800574500864?s=19

Noooooo

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

welp

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/973426107180515328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005