Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So, uh, Gunnerkrigg suddenly went places incredibly quickly, didn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
coyote is dead, long live coyote

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cat Mattress posted:

http://www.scarygoround.com/index.php?date=20180306

And with this, Zebus becomes a very strong contender for "Best Next Generation Mystery Kid".

:allears:

I'm just gonna assume his dad is literally a Conan-type barbarian who got stranded in the present day and decided to roll with it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

:allears:

I'm just gonna assume his dad is literally a Conan-type barbarian who got stranded in the present day and decided to roll with it.

He's basically got the haircut of Prince Adam, so very yes

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
PAUL WARRIOR

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Either that or he's from an Asterix comic.

Literally anything is possible in this comic, but normally the mystery kids and their families are off limits for the supernatural. Although maybe Zebus isn't a full mystery kid yet...Who knows, maybe he could end up being a Thunderbird to show off how the comic is serious business where anyone can die.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I feel like Tove will become a really good webcomic once the author is done setting the table and is ready to begin the plot in earnest in like ten years. I love the art and characters but dear lord I've been waiting for the aliens or whatever to attack for ages now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

http://www.scarygoround.com/index.php?date=20180306

And with this, Zebus becomes a very strong contender for "Best Next Generation Mystery Kid".

i give props to allison for going "sigh guess i'll have to continue my comic that i wanted to quit, i'll just make a whole new cast of next-gen characters and you will love them all"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oxxidation posted:

i give props to allison for going "sigh guess i'll have to continue my comic that i wanted to quit, i'll just make a whole new cast of next-gen characters and you will love them all"

It's kind of his thing. He says he wants to quit, and then just reboots the comic with a new cast, until the old cast come back and become just as big a part of it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

He's got that same disease as David Willis, where he can't give up his old characters because he's been with them so long.

At least he tries harder to move on, even if it doesn't work.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

He's got that same disease as David Willis, where he can't give up his old characters because he's been with them so long.

Comparing him to Willis? Harsh, man. Harsh.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Shelley fixation grated on me sometimes but I can't think of anything John Allison's done that's on the level of Ultra Car or the... evil honey bun?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The Shelley fixation grated on me sometimes but I can't think of anything John Allison's done that's on the level of Ultra Car or the... evil honey bun?

What about... the fish that walks like a man?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess he's at least willing to kill his darlings, but only onscreen.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Not actually 100% L.P. relevant but looking if there's a thread in TradGames is :effort: but how does the streamlined version of the tabletop play? This L.P. is kinda making me want to GM Shadowrun again.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

let's play webcomics

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Would 100% unironically play a Bad Machinery/Scary Go Round adventure game.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

Would 100% unironically play a Bad Machinery/Scary Go Round adventure game.

I play

GINGER NINJA (2 red mana): Remove all characters from the game. This mystery is now all about SHELLEY

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Straight White Shark posted:

I play

GINGER NINJA (2 red mana): Remove all characters from the game. This mystery is now all about SHELLEY

I counter it with

WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING? (2 green mana): Remove all characters from the game. This mystery is now all about DESMOND FISHMAN.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

What about... the fish that walks like a man?

Desmond was designed from the first to periodically recur and distribute suffering to cast and readership alike, he's more like a Biblical plague than a pet idea Allison just can't let go of

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Yvonmukluk posted:

I counter it with

WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING? (2 green mana): Remove all characters from the game. This mystery is now all about DESMOND FISHMAN.
Ooh I wanna play, I got the Super Rare!

GUESS WHO'S BACK (3 white mana): Return all removed characters to the game. (Who the mystery is about doesn't change.)

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

SlothfulCobra posted:

At least he tries harder to move on, even if it doesn't work.

james joyce also did this. nobody is free from this curse!!!!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Ulysses but set in Tackleford :dance:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Perhaps the most bizarre thing to appear in Awful Hospital in quite some time is the completely ordinary human woman working behind the counter at MEAT 2 INFINITE GOODNESS NO BAD GUARANTEE!!!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I don't think Mildred & Linton realised they've started something big.

In other SGR-related news, I like the updated site. Makes it much easier to keep track of old storylines.

And in Giant Days: Dammit Ingrid, I guess you were trying to maybe get back together with Daisy, but that was probably one of the worst things you could have done without doing it on purpose.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 9, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The third panel contains what might be my all time favorite reaction face Allison's ever drawn.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AriadneThread posted:

let's play webcomics

A 20 episode series where nothing much happens

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im confused, is linton's youtube actually super popular and he doesn't know it or what

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

im confused, is linton's youtube actually super popular and he doesn't know it or what

It's probably just bots.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I thought he had actually posted something about the road and it got a ton of attention out of the blue.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

TwoPair posted:

A 20 episode series where nothing much happens

just like a regular let's play!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Looks like Camp Weedonwatcha reached the deadly webcomic status of "We found something better to focus on so this is going to stay on hiatus"

At least the last chapter made for a good ending, imo.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demon street is a pretty neat looking comic imo

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also while im here widdershins has been pretty dang good lately i just feel like any pages id post from it would suffer for the lack of context

but its good, go read it or catch up if you're not up to speed

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

rear end in a top hat Magpie Spirit is one of my new favorites.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're not an rear end in a top hat, just misunderstood >: (

unironically in this case

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh man, nancy is responsible for basically the entire plot of monster pulse isn't she

a whole hell of a lot of poo poo wouldn't have happened without her sabotage

completely understandable though, what happened to her was really hosed up and they should have had a psychologist involved or something

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tollymain posted:

oh man, nancy is responsible for basically the entire plot of monster pulse isn't she

a whole hell of a lot of poo poo wouldn't have happened without her sabotage

completely understandable though, what happened to her was really hosed up and they should have had a psychologist involved or something

We already knew she was the one releasing the ghosts, right? We just now know she didn't really have justification.

Though I wouldn't blame her. Her own mother didn't reassure her that they were trying to help her.

Between them Nancy and Lulenski have pretty much been the ones to gently caress up everything, but let's not forget it was Rjinder and Maugras at the heart of it all.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

We already knew she was the one releasing the ghosts, right? We just now know she didn't really have justification.

Though I wouldn't blame her. Her own mother didn't reassure her that they were trying to help her.

Between them Nancy and Lulenski have pretty much been the ones to gently caress up everything, but let's not forget it was Rjinder and Maugras at the heart of it all.

Yeah that's been known for years. Her debut in the comic is her and Red releasing the ghost that becomes Greenie. Like it's all but explictly confirmed that she's the reason that at the very least Bina, Julie, West, and Nate all got ghost'd. But yeah, a large part of this plot came about from Nancy and her mom just being unable to properly communicate and deal with an unprecedentedly traumatic event.

As someone who once woke up from a medically induced coma in a compromised state from a traumatic illness surrounded by doctors doing all sorts of weird poo poo to me without telling me what was going on, I understand how irrationally furious Nancy was a literally everyone around her because I was right there too at one point, and I'm a grown rear end man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

So is Fit-mum in Scarygoround someone I'm supposed to recognize from Bobbins, or is it a new character?