Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Noted, noted, and noted, thanks for the help with this. At least I've kind of figured out how to book a half decent card from this whole experience.

Could have done a bit better on this one, mostly I underestimated just how much Ricochet and Anderson would fire up the crowd, so I ended up with too many work the crowd matches, but there's the bit about worse production making my show worse, though no lost popularity this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, learning the flow of how to book a card and how to use the booking notes is one of the harder things that you can at least take with you to a new game. That's why I suggested just running the same show over and over and tweaking it to whatever notes you got until you caught on to why things were doing what they were doing. Its a lot of trial and error.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm glad you did give me that suggestion though. I never would have thought it up myself and it really did help me get at least something of a grasp on the workings of booking. I can actually make progress with the game now that it's less like poking a black box, so thanks for that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I basically learned it because I stalled out on the same game forever and basically booked the same card over and over until I finally started realizing why some things were working and others weren't. Just moving matches around the card, changing the notes, adding or lessening non-wrestling segments, changing the grading states and lengths... just obsessive tweaking until I finally felt like I kinda knew how it worked.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay does 2k18 seriously not have a standard Atomic Drop

A little late to the party with this but the atomic drop is in under the back grapples as Atomic Drop 1 and super atomic drop, just cant use them as finishers. So no classic Bob Backlund for you.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so, uh... is FPWW abandoned?

the last patch was 1/19 and there's been no news of any kind that I'm aware of since the dev restructuring thing. do we even know if MotR is still coming out?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't know.
I'm not sure if anybody knows.
I'm just glad I didn't slap down money on FPWW before the management DLC came out at this point.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the funny thing is, PC Gamer just dropped an article 10 days ago talking about how the community was really nice and understanding regarding Spike Chunsoft's issues (and it's the only thing since the patch on the Steam library news thingy), but... it's been a weirdly long time since we've heard anything and I'm starting to wonder if they might be taking the money and running. and i feel like that's going to 180 the community if so.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
They're probably waiting until the GDC stream on the 23rd before making any announcements.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/967135150877233152

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the funny thing is, PC Gamer just dropped an article 10 days ago talking about how the community was really nice and understanding regarding Spike Chunsoft's issues (and it's the only thing since the patch on the Steam library news thingy), but... it's been a weirdly long time since we've heard anything and I'm starting to wonder if they might be taking the money and running. and i feel like that's going to 180 the community if so.

Given the engagement level they were at up until this point it would be really weird if they were suddenly abandoning it. I do remember them saying they basically had everyone working on the management mode but it's understandable to be skeptical given the relative lack of news since they delayed the Management DLC.

Guess we'll know more in a couple weeks.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Adam Ryland would never

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Basic Chunnel posted:

Adam Ryland would never

adam ryland is one dude, so weird unprofessional poo poo and radio silence is a little less odd than from a fairly established japanese publisher/developer

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

NJPW is tweeting about Fire Pro at least. :v:

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/969091841906782209
"The schedule of "Fire Pro Wrestling World Presents BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.25" is decided! The opening is May 18th (Friday) & Sunday 19th (Saturday) Korakuen 2 consecutive battle! The winning decision fight is also held at Korakuen on Monday, June 4!"

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 13, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

NJPW is tweeting about Fire Pro at least. :v:

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/969091841906782209
"The schedule of "Fire Pro Wrestling World Presents BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.25" is decided! The opening is May 18th (Friday) & Sunday 19th (Saturday) Korakuen 2 consecutive battle! The winning decision fight is also held at Korakuen on Monday, June 4!"

Awww, this means that Hiromu and KUSHIDA probably won't be on the ROH UK tour :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NJPW has also added them to their sponsor walls and stuff, so I doubt FPWW is gonna be dropped or anything. I DO think the NJPW partnership was a bit unexpected and has caused a bit of a shuffling of plans compounded by delaying the Management mode to implement to player feedback.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They're working on the DLC because they hit a snag with it with bugs and general UI issues

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/963225146898071552

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Is there a decent guide for setting the AI for created characters on Fire Pro? I'm at the point where I need to stop creating wrestlers and actually try to get the existing ones right. (I know someone asked this a while back, but never saw if they got responses and can't find the original comment now.)

Also, I recently ran a tag team league. One of the brackets ended in a four-way tie for first, so those four had to go to a mini-league. The final match to determine the winner went 50 minutes, with the same two guys going at it for the last half of the match without tagging out at all. I wish I'd recorded it (but then you'd see that I also need to fine-tune their design, as well as their AI.)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that taking a month to fix persistent bugs in a game translates to "taking the money and running" now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DoctorDelaware posted:

Is there a decent guide for setting the AI for created characters on Fire Pro? I'm at the point where I need to stop creating wrestlers and actually try to get the existing ones right. (I know someone asked this a while back, but never saw if they got responses and can't find the original comment now.)

Also, I recently ran a tag team league. One of the brackets ended in a four-way tie for first, so those four had to go to a mini-league. The final match to determine the winner went 50 minutes, with the same two guys going at it for the last half of the match without tagging out at all. I wish I'd recorded it (but then you'd see that I also need to fine-tune their design, as well as their AI.)

If it was the later half of the match, that's like a known bug from back in Fire Pro Returns where two guys would wrestle the one half of the match forever

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

DoctorDelaware posted:

Is there a decent guide for setting the AI for created characters on Fire Pro? I'm at the point where I need to stop creating wrestlers and actually try to get the existing ones right. (I know someone asked this a while back, but never saw if they got responses and can't find the original comment now.

I don't think there's a definitive logic guide for FPW with all of the most up-to-date knowledge in it, but it's worth poking around the World of Guides subforum on the FPW Arena. In general, if you have specific questions about edit-making and AI logic, feel free to post over on the Arena; the community is knowledgeable and friendly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah FPW Arena has some good info on edit logic. Enough for me to make some entertaining wrestlemans. Speaking of which, I should really get back to making logic for some of the ones I designed lately, but I've been kind on standby until management mode comes out.

Still, I got a poster I need to finish! I got enough dudes to actually fill out the slots, I just gotta logic em. :v:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That has me hoping the Management Mode has some sort of match card poster autogenerate, that would be really neat to see.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the last patch was 1/19 and there's been no news of any kind that I'm aware of since the dev restructuring thing. do we even know if MotR is still coming out?
Latest update was a month ago:

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/963225146898071552

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

lol that taking a month to fix persistent bugs in a game translates to "taking the money and running" now

Yeah this is by far the weirdest take I have seen.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The last thing I saw, aside from the official Spike Chunsoft twitter accounts, was the game's director, Tomoyuki Matsumoto's twitter, sometime around the start of the month. A fan posted a youtube video of a tournament they put together in FPWW and he said something about how he always liked the imaginative nature of the games, how he remembered doing the same thing when he was in college, and that, with all the stress he's had trying to complete the Promotion Mode, this helped give him the power to keep it up. Other than that, though, nothing.

I imagine they've hit a big snag, and the staff shuffling announced a few weeks ago isn't helping. I'm a gigantic Fire Pro fanboy but the game has issues that, had it not been for the publisher pushing to transition out of Early Access (I guess to help seal the deal on that NJPW agreement?), should have been top priority before the new modes. The laggy UI has been a source of criticism since July, and even though the team has tried to fix it, they just haven't had the best luck in doing so. So, in light of that, the team of like, 10 programmers and Matsumoto himself, are splitting attention between fixing long-standing bugs and issues; fixing bugs and issues in the Promotion mode based on fan feedback; and also coordinating the NJPW collab features. Adding on to the staff would probably help, but that also takes time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Decided to start working on Logic for a dude in FPWW and I have to keep reminding myself a 75-uper80s% matching rating isn't really a bad rating, lol [edit] Especially since I'm using my straight-shooting fast-count ref instead of my "main event" ref who is slower and looser with the rules.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 14, 2018

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

algebra testes posted:

Yeah this is by far the weirdest take I have seen.
Delays are delays, "company restructuring" is the sort of thing that has people digging bunkers and hoarding gold, for good reason

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I think the easiest thing to do to get an edits logic going is really focusing on their priority slots first. Now that we have ten you can really get guys hitting spots, taunting, hitting finishers and going for pins. I rarely have any of my guys go for pins on non signature or finisher moves, it's set to like 1%.

One you know what kind of spots the guy should be going for, then you go back into the beginning section of logic and set the frequency of those moves.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's the stuff after all the individual move percentages that has the biggest effect- Priority Attacks, Ukemi, Discretion, etc. (Ukemi is basically like selling.)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Decided to start working on Logic for a dude in FPWW and I have to keep reminding myself a 75-uper80s% matching rating isn't really a bad rating, lol [edit] Especially since I'm using my straight-shooting fast-count ref instead of my "main event" ref who is slower and looser with the rules.

Honestly, I frequently see matches in the 70%-80% range that I think are way better than matches that the game will give 95%-100% to. The game is very biased towards long matches with lots of rope breaks, kickouts, and outside brawls. For myself, I can only respond with a disgusted sigh when a wrestler kicks out of a finisher 3 or 4 times, but the game's rating system loves that poo poo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Do you guys have any good examples of stuff you do with priorities? So far I've stuck to pretty basic things with them. Stuff like making sure someone goes for a pin after a finishing move, giving them good odds (50-80%) of doing a stomp after doing a stomp (so they really wail on a downed opponent with a series of stomps), the occasional taunt after specifics moves, and potentially doing a "rest hold" after certain throws (I'm using some of carzilla's mods so non-signature holds can't cause submissions).

unimportantguy posted:

Honestly, I frequently see matches in the 70%-80% range that I think are way better than matches that the game will give 95%-100% to. The game is very biased towards long matches with lots of rope breaks, kickouts, and outside brawls. For myself, I can only respond with a disgusted sigh when a wrestler kicks out of a finisher 3 or 4 times, but the game's rating system loves that poo poo.

Yeah, my matches with my "mid card" ref (the fast one) tend to go 12-20 minutes leaning on the short end. I'm not displeased with them but the rating system is a mystery sometimes. Like testing my new guy I had a 20 minute brawl that included a decent bit of outside the ring fighting and it netted a 77% rating, I guess because I don't think there were any 2.9s?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 14, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There were whispers that the rating system is actually different per Arena, favoring whatever style is the trend where they are set. Don't know how true that is. King of Colosseum 2 had a similar system based on different companies style expectations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It probably is, given Carlzilla's mods can change the "Evaluation Type".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nothing say "no name rookie" like ugly tights. :v:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nothing say "no name rookie" like ugly tights. :v:

Long Arms Larry Lane

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ryan gosling looking swole af

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

super macho dude posted:

Long Arms Larry Lane

That's the default proportions too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

There were whispers that the rating system is actually different per Arena, favoring whatever style is the trend where they are set. Don't know how true that is. King of Colosseum 2 had a similar system based on different companies style expectations.

The Final Fire Pro management mode also did evaluation styles but you got to pick those on a per-match basis, and your promotion had a main style it was expected to do primarily.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Crossposting because it had me laughing like an idiot last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddeKAaB7Nrs&t=6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So apparently if a dude gets KO'd in the middle of a battle royal they just... leave him in there? Harsh.