Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Carmella facing off Asuka would be pretty good continuity considering how they've made it a story that she terrified of Asuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Carmella facing off Asuka would be pretty good continuity considering how they've made it a story that she terrified of Asuka.

Carmella screaming in terror as Asuka threw a kick at her was the best part of either Royal Rumble

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dolph vs Shane? Wow

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mkay0 posted:

Dolph vs Shane? Wow

At least we don't have to watch Daniel Bryan pretend like Shane isn't a huge bitch in a match

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Dolph vs Shane? Wow

If we're really lucky, they can both hard enough to end both their careers in the ring.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

achillesforever6 posted:

I have this horrible vision of Carmella beating Asuka.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Carmella attempting a Seth cash-in where she boots Asuka out of the ring and tries to quickly finish off Charlotte only to recoil in terror when Asuka gets back in the ring would be okay.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Seems kinda lovely that the HISTORIC FIRST EVER women’s MITB is already kinda crappy with Ellsworth’s involvement and worse still if it fails.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Seems kinda lovely that the HISTORIC FIRST EVER women’s MITB is already kinda crappy with Ellsworth’s involvement and worse still if it fails.

Carmella is dead in the water, and its a cost comparison issue. Would you rather have the MITB cash in succeed but at the cost of Asuka's streak (which they invested 2+ years into), or have Carmella's cash in fail, but keep the streak alive for a potential rub down the line? Because there is literally no chance they could portray Carmella as a main event player even if she ended the streak. Her problem is she's not good at all in the ring, and her mic skills are pretty loving terrible. As a result she loses any heat she gets within a week.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

DarkstarIV posted:

Carmella is dead in the water, and its a cost comparison issue. Would you rather have the MITB cash in succeed but at the cost of Asuka's streak (which they invested 2+ years into), or have Carmella's cash in fail, but keep the streak alive for a potential rub down the line? Because there is literally no chance they could portray Carmella as a main event player even if she ended the streak. Her problem is she's not good at all in the ring, and her mic skills are pretty loving terrible. As a result she loses any heat she gets within a week.

sucks that no one could have predicted they'd end up in this situation

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody remembers or cares about the first ever part.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Carmella should win her cash-in with the help of the New Day, of which she then becomes an official member

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Hacksaw won the first rumble none of this stuff matters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a PPV tonight by the way

Styles -2600
Roode -300
Usos -260
Charlotte -2300
Shinsuke -3600
Becky and Naomi -180

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

none of this stuff matters

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean she could probably hop brands with it and get killed immediately after on Raw by whoever else. I’m not even sure what their title plans are looking like.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2600
Roode -300
Usos -260
Charlotte -2300
Shinsuke -3600
Becky and Naomi -180

I honestly forgot this was happening

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

DarkstarIV posted:

Why does she have to cash in with Asuka involved?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody remembers or cares about the first ever part.

Even if they did, it's already irreparably tainted by the fact that a loving man is the one who pulled the briefcase down, rematch be damned.

DarkstarIV posted:

Carmella's actually pretty drat good on the mic. imo she should jump to Raw, either via cashing in on the Alexa/Nia match or by getting Superstar Shaken Up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I’m not even sure what their title plans are looking like.

CreedThoughts posted:

Why does she have to cash in with Asuka involved?

Asuka/Charlotte's still the rumor, I believe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rules specifically said she could only challenge Smackdown.

(Though they could just ignore that completely.)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2600
Roode -300
Usos -260
Charlotte -2300
Shinsuke -3600
Becky and Naomi -180

Love to have two "stay the course" PPVs before WrestleMania. Really gets you pumped.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DarkstarIV posted:

The obvious answer to this is to have her give up the case to someone like Ruby Riott in exchange for a future favor.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
AJ/Nak is going to keep this from being the Worst Mania Ever, but holy poo poo they’re actively trying to outdo WM Star with poo poo like Shane/Dolph, the mixed tag, and the “please cheer Roman” desperation promos from Heyman. At least the “ALL HOPE IS GONEEEEE” poo poo gave us the Monks of HHH Title Belts and Gozer Steph in domme gear.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles -2600
Roode -300
Usos -260
Charlotte -2300
Shinsuke -3600
Becky and Naomi -180

Status Quo, the Pay-Per-View!

I'm gonna pass on this one. Even if they throw a couple surprises in, the Styles, Charlotte, Usos, and Nakamura matches are all locked in, so no point in watching another Road Dogg mess.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean Roman/Brock should be a good match, and if they put Shane/Dolph on first and keep it quick it wouldn’t overshadow the rest of the show

Likewise, the mixed tag probably won’t be another 25 minute monstrosity, and we know that Rousey’s pinning Stephanie, so w/e

Styles/Nakamura II should go on last but it won’t, so that’s something, but it’ll be a good match if they give it upwards of half an hour, and Asuka/Charlotte will be really good, so idk, it might be misplaced but I’m optimistic

Wrestlemania isn’t for the smarks anyway

Venomous fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 12, 2018

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Brock seems lazy and Roman can't carry anyone, figuratively or literally.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Usos get out of the WM preshow this year, right?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Are they in the doghouse for the DWI?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Brock seems lazy and Roman can't carry anyone, figuratively or literally.

He carried him in the first match, didn't he

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just realized there’s potentially 16 matches for Mania:

Lesnar vs Reigns*
Balor vs Miz vs Rollins*
Asuka vs Charlotte*
Bliss vs nia
AJ vs Nakamura*
Angle/Rousey vs HHH/Steph*
Roode vs Jinder vs Orton
Usos vs new Day vs Bludgeon Brothers
ARMBAR
Banks vs Bayley
CHYNA ARMBAR?
Cruiserweight title match
The Bar vs ???
Strowman vs ???
Owens/Zayn/Shane? Ziggler?
Cena vs Taker?

* = confirmed

That seems like a lot of matches. I guess we’ll know tonight if Cena/Taker is happening or not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well.
WM30: 8 matches
WM31: 9 matches
WM32: 12 matches (actually 11)
WM33: 13 matches

So it's definitely possible.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Lesnar vs Reigns*
Balor vs Miz vs Rollins*
Asuka vs Charlotte*
Bliss vs nia
AJ vs Nakamura*
Roode vs Jinder vs Orton
ARMBAR
Banks vs Bayley
CHYNA ARMBAR?
The Bar vs ???
Strowman vs ???
Cena vs Taker?

* = confirmed

That seems like a lot of matches. I guess we’ll know tonight if Cena/Taker is happening or not.

I believe 16 was the amount last year too. I really wish we had less matches because I want Styles v. Nakamura to get 25 minutes minimum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SalTheBard posted:

I believe 16 was the amount last year too. I really wish we had less matches because I want Styles v. Nakamura to get 25 minutes minimum.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. 13 matches last year and that Orton/Wyatt abortion for the WWE Championship very obviously got its time gutted. 10:06. Triple H/Seth went 25:06, Roman/Taker went 23:00.

If there's anything to hang your hopes on in terms of AJ/Nakamura getting time, I'd say it's these.
1) AJ got 20 minutes at WM33. That could've been because he was wrestling Shane and Shane's matches always go a bafflingly long time relative to his ability, though.
2) Triple H probably isn't going 25 minutes this year. I think the priority will be to get in, have him and Kurt do some stuff, have Rousey beat up Steph and get out ASAP.
3) Brock doesn't have any particular affinity for going long. Just for fun, here's his totals in singles matches the past couple years (a couple multi-mans pass the twenty minute mark but he almost always spends a big chunk of those buried under some tables or something)
16:43 against Roman.
2:36 against Kofi
9:00 against Rollins
17:50 against Undertaker
4:05 against Big Show
18:10 against Undertaker
13:06 against Dean
11:45 against Randy
1:26 against Goldberg
5:35 against Goldberg
6:25 against Samoa Joe
9:00 against Strowman
15:25 against AJ

So, the main event and the HHH match, the two big timesinks at Mania, probably won't be as long this year and one would hope some of those minutes get to AJ and Nakamura. On the other hand, Undertaker vs. Cena could be a ridiculously long match and I imagine that will not be to its benefit.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Lesnar vs Reigns*
Balor vs Miz vs Rollins*
Asuka vs Charlotte*
Bliss vs nia
AJ vs Nakamura*
Roode vs Jinder vs Orton
ARMBAR
Banks vs Bayley
CHYNA ARMBAR?
The Bar vs ???
Strowman vs ???
Cena vs Taker?

* = confirmed

I imagine the ARMBAR, CW and US title matches’ll be on the preshow, Bar/Strowman’ll be consolidated into one match (with, idfk, Bray as his partner b/c he needs something to do and Braun is a Wyatt), and the JMLBAR (needs a catchier name tbh) will end up on the Raw after Wrestlemania b/c the WWE sucks at representing women in wrestling

e: also, if Taker’s done, Cena will either have a quick one with Elias or be inserted into the IC match

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 13, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
AJ and Shinsuke could go into G1 mode and have an 18 minute barnburner.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Give Miz/Rollins/Balor an hour imo.

35 minutes of which will be Demon Finn crawling across the Superdome.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Banks and Sasha shuffled into women's battle royal. Braun into men's battle royal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rock comes out for his normal 45 minute waste of time, is instantaneously flattened by my big strong pal braun strong man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

KungFu Grip posted:

Banks and Sasha shuffled into women's battle royal. Braun into men's battle royal

banks and sasha?? :aaaaa: